• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 1,139 Views, 6 Comments

Daughter of a black king - Smartypantslover



This is the story Silvertail daughter of Sombar, with no meomory of her past only to find her self in a cave after the death of her father

  • ...
1
 6
 1,139

The Beginning

Prolog
I woke up in a small dark cave, it wasn't cold it was warm I had woken to the sound of a dying scream I don't know who I am or were I am. The black crystals around me began to move out of my way as I got up and began to walk towards the direction I was facing. My legs felt sore as I began to stretch them out, it felt like it had been years since I woke up but then again all I know is two things my name is Silvertail and I live in the Crystal Empire.

Ch.1

It was a hot and sunny day, a perfect day for the Summer eve festival. I was one the only black unicorn since the death of King Sombra, and I was shunned amongst many ponies but the few that accepted me knew my sever case of amnesia but no one knew me better them my friend Midnight. He found me wandering the Empire after I had left my cave home, I was sick tired and hungry and I couldn't find my way out of the wastelands. He was a single adult stallion that lived on the out skirts collecting crystal berries, baking them and selling them at the market. We had been living together and eventually we became more then friends. It's been over two years since King Sombra was killed, The Empire was now returned back to its former glory. I sat under a shady tree and began to read a book about Daring Do it was an amazing series that I love to read it made the hard and teasing days go away sometimes. Midnight was pulling a large wagon full of crystal berries that he was going to sell at the festival tonight. He was a tall and big work horse that was a solid light blue and muscular beyond any other pony that I had ever seen in the entire Empire.

" Silvertail," he called out from the road as he found me under my usual spot. I looked up closed my book and trotted over to him my pelt began to feel warm and a cooling spell did little to help me today, it was beyond hot but also a ever so perfect day to read under a tree.

" Hey Midnight," I muzzled his cheek he smelled on the sweet crystal berries. He muzzled me back.

" Hello my love." His warm brown eyes pulled me deeper into him, I stretched up a bit and kissed him it was short and brief, but sweet and gentle. I helped him pull the cart with a spell that made it seem lighter.

" Thanks Silver. So how is that book you're reading it looks like I would have trouble bringing you here with me today" He giggled.

"It's amazing you should read it love you would love it." I chirped. "And why would I ever miss going to the market with you on the Summer eve Festival." The road was long but it allowed us to be together as we ventured into the market. Ponies began to scatter away from us I knew what they were all thinking they thought I was King Sombras daughter but most of the young ponies didn't seem to mind. I always gave a few berries away to the little ones they were so inoccent compared to most of the older ponies who still remember what he had done to us.

"But remember you were stuck in a cave while he was hurting these poines," a nasty voice said to me in the back of my head, I shook my self to get rid of it.
As we neared the market, ponies were trotting along making sure that everything was perfect and ready for the grand festival. I helped set up the booth. Next to us was the rich daughter of Diamond Cutter who was setting up to sell the fine diamonds that was turned into jewelry.

" Who let you into the city you freak!" She sneered at me I was always an out cast never once was I accepted but the empire. " You look like you could be the daughter of Sombra or worse the Changeling's daughter!" She snapped I felt eyes stare at me it was true I was the only black unicorn in all of the empire but was worse was that my cutie mark was a blood red crystal heart.

" LEAVE HER ALONE IF YOU WANT TO PICK A FIGHT WITH SOMEPONY, THAT SOMEPONY IS ME!" Midnight bellowed at her, she shrunk down low as he stood in front of me. Midnight was massive compared to the other crystal ponies, eyes began to look away as a few other colts began to surround Diamond.
"IF ANY PONY SAYS THAT SHES A DAUGHTER OF SOMBRA ONCE MORE I'LL SHOW YOU WHAT A WORK HORSE CAN DO!" the whispering and muttering stopped immediately no pony messed with Midnight because his word was law. Diamond shot me an angry look as the guard colts led her away.

" Thank you Midnight," I whispered he nuzzled me gently.

" Are you O.K. Silver?" I nodded but deep inside me I felt humiliation bust through me it was unfair, unfair that i had to deal with this. I began to help set up the stand and place berries around it. Soon the booth was up and running, in the heart of the market a grand stage was set up for Octavia's performance. And not so far off the Stadium was beginning draw crowds.

"Are you doing the jousting tonight Midnight?" As I neared the bottom of the wagon that contained not only his armor but his trusty lance too.

" Yup same as I do every year." He said proudly as he began to pull out several medallions that he had won over the years.

" I will get you a shield then." I said it was the only thing that was needed to complete his armor.

" I don't need it love." he replied calmly. But I being stubborn didn't allow it so.

" I'll go get you shield and find out who you are jousting tonight love." I began to walk towards the armory unaware of the hooded figure that followed behind me.