• Published 6th Jan 2013
  • 1,426 Views, 8 Comments

A Venomous Queen & A Poisoned Princess - Flikaline



Princess Cadence has been poisoned, will Twilight Sparkle and her friends manage to find a cure in time?

  • ...
1
 8
 1,426

Day 3 Part 3

Day 3 Part 3

‘She needs to slow down,’ said Applejack.

‘And she told me not to act impulsive,’ muttered Rainbow Dash.

‘Her anger is understandable,’ Zecora told them, ‘but her fury may make her blind.’ They only had to race on a little further to find Twilight Sparkle who seemed to be in a more sensible frame of mind but was still very angry. ‘If you need to let your anger out, let it out on me,’ Zecora said, ‘I’m the one to blame.’

‘It’s that changeling queen I want to lay hoof upon,’ said Twilight Sparkle bitterly, ‘and if you weren’t in such a state too, Zecora, you wouldn’t be saying something like that.’ Zecora gave a sad smile.

‘If you weren’t in such a state I wouldn’t have to,’ she replied. Twilight Sparkle managed to return Zecora’s smile. The place Zig-Zag was being held was within view.

‘Why don’t we grab her while they’re changing the guard?’ suggested Rainbow Dash. The others nodded, and, hiding themselves among the grass and foliage, snuck over close to where Zig-Zag was being guarded by two changelings.

‘Will that pony ever stop sniveling?’ one of the guards moaned.

‘She’s a zebra, remember?’ the other replied.

‘I don’t care!’ the first retorted, ‘maybe I should try slapping her.’

‘I wouldn’t if I were you,’ the second warned, ‘apparently she makes an even worse noise if you do.’ The group crept closer. They could now see Zig-Zag who was shaking slightly and whose expression was full of misery; her hooves were also stuck to the ground with slime. Twilight Sparkle carefully aimed at Zig-Zag’s hooves, willing her not to make a sound or jump in surprise, and made the slime disappear.

Zig-Zag was surprisingly mature: she slowly looked down at her hooves, only moving her eyes slowly, she made no sound or even moved an inch, she slowly moved her eyes around to see who was responsible. On catching sight of the group, she made certain her expression did not change in the slightest and still allowed no sound to come from her mouth. She looked straight forward again, only watching the group out of the corner of her eye. The group was relieved. The replacement changeling guards were in view.

‘At last!’ said the first guard.

‘Don’t let Queen Chrysalis hear you saying that!’ muttered the second. The four changelings greeted each other by flashing their blue eyes green.

‘Somepony grab her now!’ muttered Twilight Sparkle urgently. There was hesitation, then, Fluttershy, to everypony’s surprise, including Fluttershy’s, took to her wings and dived over, at a reasonably slow speed, took Zig-Zag in her arms, and hurried back.

Zecora had instinctively wanted to embrace her niece but Zig-Zag had stopped her. It took Zecora a few moments to realize that, of course, the interaction would not have gone unnoticed by the changelings.

Zecora scooped Zig-Zag onto her back and they all hurried away as fast as they could. The fact that Zig-Zag was gone couldn’t go unnoticed for more than a few seconds.

‘That was very brave, Fluttershy,’ Twilight Sparkle puffed.

‘Well, I, what I mean is, I just couldn’t stand seeing that poor little thing there any longer,’ Fluttershy replied quietly with a slight blush.

‘They’re coming! They’re coming!’ shouted Pinkie Pie. The sound of buzzing was getting louder. Zig-Zag held more tightly around Zecora’s neck as everypony increased their speed. They galloped on.

‘We need to lose them somehow,’ said Twilight Sparkle, ‘we can’t have them following us back to the hut, it would cause massive problems.’

‘There’s a lake up ahead,’ Zecora told her, ‘we could try . . .’ Twilight Sparkle nodded. They stopped and hid close to the lake. As the changelings caught up and began to search the area, one at a time, they quickly and carefully got into the water.

‘I really wish we didn’t have to do this,’ murmured Fluttershy. The group held their breath nervously under the water.

‘Gone,’ one of the changelings said, ‘searched everywhere,’

‘Queen Chrysalis isn’t going to be happy about this,’ another sighed before signaling to the rest to return.