• Published 6th Jan 2013
  • 918 Views, 28 Comments

Minuette and Me - Memory



Awww... a fast-paced story of a budding friendship.

  • ...
0
 28
 918

Flash Forward - A Small Look to the Future! (Merry Christmas Bonus Chapter)

You never know what lurks around the corner, guys and gals! For all you know, there'll be a bee, or two bees, or a swarm of bees! But either way, sometimes it's best to stop, breathe, and think before you do.

Now, if only I had said this to myself a few minutes ago... maybe I wouldn't be stuck in Ponyville Hospital with bee stings.

Thankfully Bon Bon had stood by me, like any good friend would. If there was any sign of jealously at my new-found friendship with Minuette, she wasn't showing it - not that I'm saying there was before, anyway. She dragged me by the tail halfway across town. It took most of the journey for me to realize I could help the process along by lifting myself off the ground a little.

Better late than never!

"Shwomtwimes I wohnder if it'sh pwoshible to do shomethwing with you, withowt shomethwing gowing wrong," Bon Bon had said, voice muffled and distorted into sounding like a text-speakers dream! It very nearly made me giggle, and I would have if it wasn't for the sting on my tongue.

"I knew this day was going too well," I mutter. And what is it with me and bloody bees?!

Looking up, I decided to past the time waiting for the doctor to discharge me looking around the room. They tried, of course, to make the hospital more friendly - spacious windows and little comforts like pictures on the wall and books to read! But I still hate it - I hate hospitals.

Why was I here again?

So many questions, so little answers. At least one good thing came out of all this...

"Oh, don't you worry Lyra! There's still plenty of time to make it better, yes?" Minuette smiles at my comfortingly.

I grin in response, the only thing I could think to do - my mind was hazy and I wasn't sure why she was here, but it must have been for a reason!

With Minuette and Bon Bon and around, I don't think it's possible to feel down. Despite pain. And misfortune. And cold.

Hunger, too - can't forget your tummy!

"Plenty of things to do, as well," chimes in Bonnie, her formerly annoyed attitude gone at, presumably, the sight of me being fine. I simply stare back, mind blanking. Oh Celestia, had I forgotten her birthday again?! I mean, okay, I do this every year - but last time I had an excuse! Honest!

She prods me with a hoof. "It's Hearth's Warming, silly!"

And just like that, my mind clears with the realisation I had forgotten something - again.

"Ah, well... can we go out shopping?"





It didn't take long for us to reach Ponyville Market. We'd split from each other upon arrival to go about our business at my insistence - whilst they surely had already got their gifts for everyone else, I hadn't. I had to think of an excuse to get them off my back somehow!

Ponyville always has its odd quirks; in other towns like Appleloosa, and even in big cities like Manehatten, having a full-blown market going on during the night of Hearth's Warming is odd even for our little town.

I love the place regardless. It makes me beam.

"Now to find a gift for all my friends - Carrot Top first, maybe Amethyst and Sea Swirl afterwards - oh, and Cheerilee! Can't forget about her."

As I begin my trudge through the icy yet pleasant Ponyville evening, something cold and wet lands on my back.

I look up and see the dim sky, cloudy yet majestic in all its glory. A few pegasi dotted the underside of the clouds, adding the finishing touches to the winter downfall - snow.

Beautiful snow flakes hit the ground and form small mounds.

I close my eyes and breathe in deep - today was going to be great.





"Enjoy your gift?"

"Yeah, Lyrie, I love it!" a smooth voice hits my ears.

Glad you like it, I think. Very glad indeed.

Comments ( 2 )

Choo choo here comes the trainwreck~

I didn't forget about you guys or the small following this disaster gained, and I knew I wouldn't get around to doing the next set of chapters properly for a while yet. So I took a planned future chapter, set at Christmas (or Hearth's Warming) and cut it down a bit to make it a "flash forward" sort of chapter ^_^

It's short and hopefully sweet. Yes, it's confusing, but questions will be answered in due time.

Merry Christmas, guys and gals. Have a good one :)

I have not had time to read
But I want to tell you, thank you continue the story and wish you a merry christmas

:pinkiehappy::heart::heart:

Login or register to comment