• Published 7th Jan 2013
  • 3,347 Views, 112 Comments

Always There - LuigiBoy781



This is a story, a story which tells of one human and his siblings sent to Equestria, and the many complications of love.

  • ...
9
 112
 3,347

Chapter 9: Escalation & Black Outs

Chapter 9:Escalation & Black Outs

A new sun dawned over Ponyville, showering the small town in warm rays of sunlight. Aden was up and about his home, getting prepared for his upcoming date with Rainbow Dash. Aden looked into the mirror, searching for any thing that looked out of the ordinary.

"All right, everything looks fine to me," Aden said exiting his bathroom, and out the door. He leaped off the clouds and casually glided towards the streets of Ponyville. As soon as he landed, he made his way to the restaurant that he suppose to meet Rainbow Dash at. With every step he took, his heart started to beat faster, and his mind flooded with anxiety.Aden finally reached the hill near Sugar Cube Corner, he stopped and took a moment to get himself together. Then, when he was ready, he began to walk up the hill expecting to see Rainbow Dash waiting for him. But upon reaching the top, he found that she was nowhere to be seen.

Well, this is odd. Where could she be?, he wondered. Maybe she's running late.

Aden decided to wait for a bit, and walked back and forth on top of the hill. Minutes passed, and he still continued to wait. Even more time passed and he still kept waiting. About thirty minutes had passed, and Aden couldn't wait any longer.

Maybe this just wasn't meant to be, Aden said, head hung low as he began to walk back. But out of the corner of his eye, he saw something. There were two ponies flying towards the clouds above, but they were holding something.

And it looked a lot like Rainbow Dash. Scratch that... It was Rainbow Dash, and she wasn't moving.

Without thought, Aden took flight, headed towards the two ponies. One of them took notice of their pursuer, and motioned the other that it was time to get of there. They made a beeline for the floor of clouds that floated above.

"Oh no you don't. Get back here!" Aden screamed, flapping his wings as hard as he possibly could.

When he made it to the cloudy layer, he looked all around him, in search of his rainbow haired friend. "Where are you, Rainbow Dash?" he said with worry. He landed on a nearby cloud and continued his search. Aden soon heard something from behind and turned around... only to be punched right in the gut. He groaned in pain and clenched at his chest, but then his hooves were held outward, like he was being restrained. He now stood on his hindlegs, restrained by random strangers, and his stomach hurt like a son a-. You get the idea.

Aden had his head hung low, trying to fight the pain. He tried to break free of the ponies embrace, but it futile, their grip was too strong. As he tried to find out what was happening, a figure entered his sight. Aden raised his head to see who it was, and could nothing but a silhouette that walked slowly towards him.

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here," the shadowy figure said. The voice sounded so familiar, but Aden couldn't quite make it out due to the throbbing pain in his stomach. Then, the two ponies that were carrying Rainbow Dash came and set her down on the cloud.

"Who are you?" Aden asked.

The figure smirked and stepped forward, revealing his true identity.

Soarin! Aden yelled to himself, his mind becoming filled with anger and hatred. He looked over to Rainbow in worry, "Rainbow Dash. What did you do to her?"

Soarin started to laugh. "Isn't this sweet? You wanna protect your girlfriend," he mocked, which made Aden even more furious. "Let me tell you something, Aden."


"Love is cruel, Aden. That's why by the end of all this, she'll be mine."

With that, Soarin turned around and raised his hoof in the air. The last thing Aden saw was Soarin throwing a punch to his face before everything became black.

***

Aden groaned upon awakening, and his body felt heavy. He couldn't muster the strength to fly, like his energy had been drained from his body. Looking at his surroundings, Aden found that he was still in the sky. He got up to his hooves, and heard a voice from behind.

"Looks like you finally woke up."

Aden turned to the the voice, only to find Soarin smiling malevolently. "Where's Rainbow, and what did you do to her?" Aden said, not breaking eye contact. Soarin responded by pointing to where she lay. She was resting on the same mass of cloud that he was on, and her wings too had been tied down. In an instant, he rushed over to her in worry.

Aden kneeled at her side and put a hoof on Rainbow's shoulder. He shook her gently in hopes that she would wake up, and it seemed to do the trick. Rainbow rose to her hooves as she rubbed the back of her head.

"Where am I?" she said, looking around in confusion. But the thought was shattered when Aden pulled her into a hug. "Aden! What's going on?" Rainbow said as Aden pulled away from the embrace.

"Rainbow my dear, this is called revenge. Sweet, sweet revenge," Soarin stated. "You know, I thought that this was actually gonna be hard, but I was wrong."

Aden suspicions spiked, and he wanted to know as in to what was going on. "What do you mean by that?"

Soarin let out a laugh, making Aden even more confused then he already was. "Oh yes, that reminds me, getting you wasn't as easy as Rainbow. In fact, we didn't even have to do anything, she did the work for us."

"What does he mean, Rainbow?" Aden said, looking to Rainbow Dash in worry. All the while, Rainbow did nothing but stare at the cloud below with shock written on her face.

She knew what was happening. The truth was about to be revealed, with Aden right next to her.

With a grin on his face, Soarin decided to give Aden the answers he so desperately wanted. "You didn't know? Rainbow wanted to meet up with you to confess her feelings, I found out about this so called date when I captured her, and she went on and on about how you'd come to save her." Soarin paused. "She even ordered a dress, just for you! So when she came to Sugar Cube Corner, all I had to do was snatch her."

All Aden could do was stare back to Rainbow, who looked to him with an innocent gaze. "Aden I-" she was cut off as Soarin grabbed Aden, and started dragging him towards the ledge. He struggle against his grip and tried to break free, but his strength failed him.

Soarin then threw Aden, sending him over the edge. But luckily, he grabbed on to the side of the cloud before plummeting down. He looked down to ground, and if he were to let go, it would be a long way down. "And don't even think about using your wings, those drugs that I gave you earlier should make them paralyzed. And it's the same for you too!" Soarin said, pointing a hoof to Rainbow Dash. "Now Rainbow, say goodbye to Aden."

Before Soaring grabbed Aden, Rainbow stood up, and with all her might grabbed onto Soarin. "What do you think you're doing?" Soarin questioned.

Doubling her efforts, she tighted her grip even more. "I'm saving my friend!" she retorted. Rainbow gave a good jap to the face, and he collapsed onto the cloud. Remembering the task at hand , she galloped to assist Aden. She found him still hanging on for dear life, and without thought, extended a hoof.

"Thanks Rainbow for helping," Aden said, giving her a warm smile, and she gladly returned it.

As he moved his hoof to grab Rainbow's hoof, the light that reflected off of her, making her shine. In fact, her whole body was shining. He then saw what was behind her. It was Soarin, he seemed o have recovered from his ruse with Rainbow. And he decided to bring a thundercloud with him.

"Rainbow, behind you!" Aden blurted. She turned around, and tried to dodge. but it was too late. As Soarin. struck the thundercloud, a flash of light came hammering down, and hit the side of Rainbow Dash's left wing. She shrieked in agonizing pain, and fell off the side. Aden extended a hoof to try and catch her. Time slowed as he looked to her, she was in pain and scared, her eyes said it all. His hoof came close to her, and tried to grasp it. he felt the touch of her hoof briefly before it was gone. He missed.

With his mouth agape, Aden stared at Rainbow as she fell, then back to Soarin. Soarin had a triumphant smile, and was breathing heavily. This level of altitude was too much for him to handle, and so he flew off as quickly as he could leaving Aden hanging on the cloud. He had multiple choices: Let the the girl that he loved fall to her death, or try to save Rainbow and die along with her. The first choice was oblivious so now he had only one option. The things you do for love...

Aden let go of the cloud and started to plunge downward towards his falling friend, he flapped his wings as hard as he possibly could, but started to feel pain and flying felt more harder than usual. Then it hit him. "And don't even think about using your wings, those drugs that I gave you earlier should make them paralyzed." Soarin's words were true, his wings were weakened, making it even harder for him to flap his wings. But he had to save her, so he pushed on.

Rainbow Dash was in his sight, and she was close. If only these drugs weren't in effect he would've caught her by now. He was just a few feet away, but he couldn't go any faster. He reached terminal velocity. With every flap of his wings he plummeted downwards, desperately reaching his hooves out to catch her, but it wasn't enough. His wings burned and screamed at him to stop, but he couldn't. A couple tears started to fall from his eyes from the immense pain.

The ground closer and closer with every second, and Aden still hadn't gotten any closer. W-What if... What if I don't catch her? He asked himself. Random memories started to flash through his mind, all the good moments that they shared. He saw one in particular that made him forget of all the pain that coursed through his wings, it was the day of her birthday. The memory passed by like a silent film, only showing what he saw through his own eyes. It was almost like he was reliving it. Just then, as if out of nowhere, the sound came back on.

"You were the best thing that happened to me, but after you and I split, I found something better." He remembered how he felt when she wrapped her hoof around his own. The warm feeling that he felt was so familiar. But what did she mean by that? Aden thought. And at that moment, it all became clear. She does have feelings for me, why didn't I see it before! Aden exclaimed. His senses returned to him as he sped downward towards the ground.

If only I knew before, I would've told her everything, I would've said it. Rainbw Dash was in his reach, she was so close. Something sparked in Aden's mind, giving him a new boost of energy. And that's why I need to save her. So I can tell her that I love her, Aden thought. He put forth all of his energy into his wings, and carried on. With every passing second, he got closer, and closer. It was actually working. But the ground was right below them, he had to catch her now. With all of his strength, he reached out for Rainbow's hoof again. He had to close his eyes as he used all of power in one, single movement. He felt something warm around his hoof, Aden had caught her. She seemed to have been knocked out due to the lightning bolt. Aden grabbed her body and pulled her closer to his, feeling her beat in a gentle rhythm. She was still alive.

His gaze then turned to the ground, and they were about to crash. Aden tried to maneuver out of the way, but he was moving too fast to pull upwards. They really were about to crash. He had another decision to make. Aden had to decide on whether who would take the impact. Rainbow Dash was already injured, so it would have to be him. Tightening his grip around Rainbow's waist, Aden turned his back towards the rough ground to protect her. He first felt a ripping feeling along his back and screamed in pain. He skidded along the ground until they came to a stop, with Rainbow Dash still in his hold.

Everything became a blur to Aden. Rainbow Dash lay at his side breathing softly on his chest with her eyes closed. His vision slowly started to fade away with each passing moment. "If I die now, I just want you to know this," Aden paused as he lifted a hoof to caress her mane. "Rainbow, I love... you," his grew weaker and weaker with each word that left his mouth. The last thing he saw was Rainbow Dash smiling at his touch, before everything became dark. Then, the world became silent.