• Published 19th Jan 2013
  • 502 Views, 11 Comments

Blaze: Part II - Blazing_Mane01



Blaze throws his life away so that he may find his mother, Princess Luna, that Celestia has banished once more.

  • ...
8
 11
 502

Chapter 3.) Greed

Twilight was speechless. She even dropped her apple on the ground, she was shocked. "She did WHAT!?"

Applejack winced slightly from Twilight's outburst, but quickly recovered. "That's right, sugarcube. Celestia had us thrown out, for some reason..."

Spike stepped in. "Twilight, we were all kicked out. Me, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy. It probably has to do with the Elements of Harmony, since nopony else was banished."

"That's horrible!" She folded her ears back. "She's probably scared of us. Scared of the Elements of Harmony."

I suddenly got a question. "How did you all find us?"

Rarity answered. "Why, it was the Elements, Blaze. Thank you for asking."

I got Twilight curious, as well. "Wait, they brought you to me? How?"

"Simple. Ivory found out that if we wear ours, the missing Elements will react to the presence of their embodiment. We merely put ours on, the five of us, and Ivory followed the faint signal that your tiara was resonating. Once it went haywire, we knew we were close. And here we are!"

"Ivory helped you?" Twilight tilted her head. "But she's..." She looked over to make eye contact with Faded Ivory, "...responsible."

Ivory replied, confused. "I'm responsible? For what?"

Twilight's brows tensed, and she stared at Ivory with an angry pair of purple eyes. "You're responsible for all of this! You're the reason Blaze and I were thrown in here!!"

"What!? No! How am I --"

"Don't take me for a foal, Ivory. I received a letter from Princess Luna a long time ago, informing me of everything you've done and would do!"

Ivory backed away from me. "Luna sent you a letter? Saying that I did what exactly?"

"You set Blaze up!"

I gasped, pretending this is the first time I've ever heard of this, and looked back to Ivory. "Wait, what!? How!?"

Twilight, noticing what I was doing, continued, "Blaze, she's been messing with your head! She's manipulating Celestia to make her the tyrant she is now, she got Princess Luna - your mother - thrown out of the Royal Throne, she poisoned the Elder - which is your father, by the way - so that he would transform into the monster, just so she could capture your heart!"

Ivory shook her head. "That's preposterous! First of all, how could I manipulate somepony without magic? Second, why would I do all that just so I could be with Blaze? That makes no sense!"

"Ivory, have you ever heard of 'potions?' They're a handy way to get somepony to do what you want without magic. And you did all that in hopes that Blaze would protect you once he saw you were still living. He would stay with you out of fear of ever losing you again."

Ivory actually chuckled a little. "Actually, yes, I have heard of potions, but I've never heard of a mind-control potion, if that's what you're referring to. Plus, you've got no proof! All you're doing is spinning off a whole bunch of organized lies because you're jealous of me, aren't you?"

"Proof?" Twilight frowned at first, but picked it back up. "Yes, I do have proof. And it's right here, too."

Ivory smirked. "Really? Where?"

Now, I could honestly say that I had no idea what Twilight was talking about, either. She doesn't have legitimate proof with her, and nothing is in the caves. What could she be playing? So, I decided to ask her, as if I still didn't know whether to believe Ivory was guilty for those crimes. "Twilight, what are you doing...?"

We made eye contact for a very brief moment before she returned it to Ivory. While she was staring her down, she started walking up to me. Every step made the expression on Ivory's face look more and more nervous.

If she were looking at me, Twilight would be directly in front of me. All she needs to do is turn her head and bam. But, she was taking this time to scare Ivory. "I do have proof, Ivory."

Ivory was pretty tensed up now. "...What proof?"

Getting slightly nervous myself, I ask, "Twilight, what are you --"

She put her left forehoof on my cheek, sending me the message to be quiet. She was still facing Ivory, who had now gasped and reached out her hoof, but she was too far away to stop whatever it was Twilight had planned.

Then, finally, she turned her vision to me. Her smile was vacant at first, but it turned into a smug one quickly. It was then, that I finally realized what Twilight wanted to do.

I gasp, and draw my head back. "Wait, Twilight, no --"

I couldn't finish my sentence, because she began pushing her lips onto mine. During those two seconds, absolute silence. No noise. Two seconds is how long it took me to raise my forehooves up and force us apart. After I pushed away, Twilight looked back to Ivory and said, "Your guilt."

Faded Ivory was on the verge of tears now. Though, it didn't look as if she were preparing a reply. So, I took this time to observe the other ponies' faces, which were all stunned in shock. In somewhat of a shock myself, I turn my attention back to Faded Ivory, who now had her lips open and ready to talk.

"...Twilight... How could you...? Blaze was..." Her vision trailed off to the floor.

Twilight only stood there, proud of her 'victory' over Ivory. "Yours? When?"

Ivory sniffled. "But, he..." She picked up her head to look at me. "You... YOU SAID YOU LOVED ME!!"

I gasp, as I remembered. "Oh yeah! I did say that!" I then turned to Twilight. "I did say that..."

"Really? When?"

"Before the day you both disappeared from Ponyville," Ivory filled in for me. "That night, when I was going home, he told me that he... loved... me..."

She trailed off for the second time, and she finally began to shed tears, as the ground below her face got darker and damper. Feeling guilty, I turn my sights to Twilight, who had her head up high. That pissed me off. "Twilight! You hurt her!"

Twilight looked at me as if I was completely stupid, which only made me angrier. "I did? How?"

"Greed." That's all I could think of. That is, until I smacked her. "YOU HURT HER FEELINGS! Her feelings for me were real!"

Once she recovered from the recoil, she replied, "Blaze, she did all those horrible things to your family. Do you honestly think somepony who'd do that honestly loves you?"

I threw my head back in anger, and pointed toward Ivory, who was now crying on the ground. "Oh? Then what do you call that!?"

She looked at Ivory and thought for a moment. "...Failure?"

"No, Twilight. In your greed, you took the last thing she cared about away from her. Me. Even if she did do those horrible things, doesn't make her a monster! YOU became the monster when you kissed me just then! And now she's gonna reflect on this moment forever! Who the hell do you think you are, Twilight Sparkle!?"

It looks like she finally understood what she has done to Faded Ivory, because her facial expression changed from one of pride to one of sorrow. "Oh, no..."

"Now, hold up, you two!" Applejack forced herself in between us once more. "Y'all stop this bickerin! Ya actin' like children! C'mon, let's go back to the hideout so we can get you briefed on what's goin on."

All the ponies, except me and Twilight, nodded and headed for the hole in the ceiling. Once everypony was out, Twilight slowly took one step forward. "Well, uhh... Let's... go, I guess?"

I didn't respond. I only glared at her.

She didn't say anything else, either. Just when she was nearly out of the cave, she took one last look back at me. I hadn't moved. She then sighed and continued out the exit of the cave. I waited until everypony was well gone from the cave before I shook my head. "Twilight, you're not normally like that. I understand you were angry at her for making Celestia throw us in here, but that wasn't just anger. Is this merely a form of revenge? Or did some selfish reason drive you to do what you did?

"What happened to you?"