• Published 4th Jan 2013
  • 7,739 Views, 165 Comments

Armor for two - LostUmbrella



What if Chrysalis and Shining Armor's wedding wasn't stopped?

  • ...
13
 165
 7,739

Chapter 1

It was a little past midnight when Cadence woke up from her sleep with an alarmed look on her face: she had heard a light noise, like a whistle.
She reached her night stand and took the crystal lamp, the she flicked it on with her magic, only to find herself face to face with a pony-shaped insect-like creature.
The changeling, not wasting a second, put her forehooves on the alicorn muzzle in order to prevent her cries.

"I know very well what you are thinking and it's wrong," said Chrysalis fixing her eyes in the pink mare's "Now, before you unleash your magic and turn me into a stain on the wall, think a second: why do I have come alone while not standing a chance against you? Because I want to talk, just talk; I do intend you no physical harm. Now I'll release you if you promise me not to scream, ok?"

Cadence nodded and was released.

"You said you wanted to talk, so what is it?" asked Cadence still trying to figure out why she hadn't summoned the guards.

"It's about the wedding: we have a very little problem..." explained her tapping her forehooves together.
Then she looked around, in search of something.

The room was pretty wide and clean, mostly occupied by the huge bed; ther were a wall sized dresser on the far side of the room, two nightstands on the sides of the bed and a small bookcase near the door. Everything was in light shades of white and blue.
Only one thing was missing: Shining Armor.

"Where's your husband?" asked Chrysalis.

"Well, he insisted on training the guards on person, so now he is out with the night patrol," sighed Cadence "Why?"

"It would have been better having both of you, well, whatever, the problem is that my marriage with him is, technically speaking, valid," explained the changeling with a whisper that would have made anypony think that she was Fluttershy disguised.

The pink mare rised a hoof and pointed it towards her guest, then to herself, only to pass out a second later.

"Well, at least she didn't scream," said the changeling queen sitting on the bed.

---

It was almost two in the morning when a scroll appeared in Celestia's room in a cloud of smoke and fell on her head.
Startled, she jumped up hugging her life sized Luna plush, a bit weary after a thousand years but still in good shape, and babbled something about explaining why the cookies had vanished.
She then took notice that she was alone, and then of the letter.

"I just hope this is not Twilight telling me about her 'adventures' at the night club again..." she mumbled opening the scroll with her magic.

Dear aunt Celestia,
I have a huge problem caused by equestrian law and I was hoping for you advice: -that damn insect- queen Chrysalis has come here claiming that she is legally married with my Shiny!
What should I do? Please answer soon.
Your niece,
Cadence.

"Oh, I guess this is just the kind of problem that my advisor foresaw when I approved that law on polygamy half a millennium ago..." she said while trying to stifle her impulse to laugh.

---

Chrysalis and Cadence were sitting on the bed while waiting for Celestia's answer.

"I just realized a thing," said the alicorn "If you're married with Shiny, who's married with me, it makes you queen of the crystal ponies too!"

"Yeah, and it also forces me to live here... Leaving at the hive our poor children."

"Did you just say our?"

"Yes: as the marriage makes me queen here, it makes you two king and queen of the changeling as well."

At those words, Cadence face was twisted by horror as she jumped at Chrysalis feet begging: "Please, tell me that I wont start laying eggs!"

"What?!" asked her with a stupefied expression.

"I mean, doesn't the queen of changelings lay eggs?"

"Do I look like a ant? Well, maybe a bit, but I don't lay eggs! Changelings are born from cocoons!"

"But you always say that changelins are your children!"

"When you are born to rule a dying kingdom you feel like a mother with starving children..." she explained as tears started forming in her eyes.

Now, Cadence was loved by the xenophobic crystal ponies for her incredible kindness, the same that pushed back her aversion for the insect-like creature sitting near her and that pushed the alicorn into hugging the changeling.
Queen Chrysalis, used to feeding on love but not to feeling it was dumbstruck: was that pony hugging her for real? Was that love?

In that moment, a letter popped out of a smoke cloud, only to fall at their hooves.

Dear Cadence,
I'm confident that you understand the difficult situation in which Equestria is right now, with the changeling fear spreading and the civil war in the Griffin-Minotaur Empire aggravating, so I encourage you to try understanding your new sister-in-law and her kind.
I also take this opportunity to inform you that the dragon flame mail service will be out of order for a week.
Your faithful,
Princess Celestia.

"Is she sure that we are sisters-in-law?" asked Chrysalis scratching the back of her head.

Cadence simply passed out.

---

Still tired for the sleep she had lost, the alicorn rose up from the bed and sat, looking around. It was early in the morning, and the sun was raising up.
She hugged the pony sleeping under the blankets near her, finding her husband a bit too hard and skinny.

"Honey, you have to stop wearing yourself out like this: you're losing to much weight," she said.

"I'm quite sure you're not really concerned with my well being," sighed 'honey' with a raspy, double-toned voice "And please, don't scream."

"Chrysalis! What are you doing there?!"

"Sleeping."

"I mean: what are you STILL doing here?"

"And where else should I go? Law forces me to stay in the Crystal Empire!" she protested raising up.

In that moment, somepony tried to open the door.

"Disguise yourself!" whispered the alicorn.

"Cadence, are you in there? Why is the door locked?" asked Shining Armor knocking at the door.

"I'm here dear, what's with the commotion?" asked her opening the door.

"I'm glad to hear that: yesterday evening a changeling breached my barrier," he said entering the room; he stopped noticing her wife wasn't alone "Who are you?"

"My name is Green Cloud and I'm an old friend of your wife, your majesty," answered the intruder with a deep bow.

Chrysalis had turned herself into a black coated, green eyed pegasus with the same green mane she had in her normal appearance. She had a set of three white clouds as cutie mark.
She was, of course, sparkling like anypony else in the Empire.

"Are you sure she is who she says?" he asked to the pink mare, still glaring at the guest.

"O-of course she is!" she was sweating bullets.

"Very well, but next time a friend of yours comes to pay a visit, let me know beforehand. Of course you're welcome, Green Cloud, and I'm sorry for suspecting you."

"No offence taken, your majesty," she said with a courteous smile.

---