• Published 4th Jan 2013
  • 5,686 Views, 448 Comments

A Bell's Sonata Magic of Love Part 2 - MysteriousStranger



TwiShy with a bit of AppleDash, Sequel to Magic of Love!

  • ...
11
 448
 5,686

The Princess' Concern and an Unexpected Visit

Twilight didn’t move; her eyes were frozen on the necklace she'd gotten for Fluttershy. She remained immobile for a couple of minutes before Spike called her.

“Twilight? Are you okay?” The Unicorn blinked a few times before realizing where she was.

“Yes…”

“What?”

“It is what you think it is, Spike… I’m going to propose to Fluttershy…” The baby dragon almost dropped the box. He kept staring at the Unicorn, not believing what she'd just said. “Sorry for not telling you before, Spike, but I wanted it to be a surprise for everyone… But since you and Rarity already know, I have to ask you not to tell anypony else, especially Fluttershy, alright?” Spike didn’t say anything for a few minutes, but just as Twilight was about to ask if he was okay, he spoke.

“I… I won’t say a word, but…”

“What is it?” She worriedly asked.

“That… wasn’t what I was thinking…”

“Excuse me?”

“I thought you bought it for me… You know, to eat…”

“What!? You mean that I just revealed everything to you by accident!? Spike!” She raised her voice as she spoke.

“I'm Sorry! But I promise that I won’t say a word!” The dragon defended himself. Twilight sighed after realizing that she was almost shouting.

“Sorry, Spike… But I really wanted it to be a surprise... Why is it so hard?”

“Don’t blame yourself, Twilight. It’s a huge step that's hard to hide. If you allow me, I want to congratulate you. I’m sure that you two will be very happy!” The lavender Unicorn hugged the dragon and smiled.

“Thanks, Spike, but she hasn’t accepted yet…”

“She will, Twilight. I’m sure she will!”
________________________________________________________________________________

Princess Celestia was sitting on her throne when a white stallion entered the room. He bowed to her before speaking.

“You called me, Princess?”

“Yes, Shining Armor. Thank you for coming so fast; I have some matters to discuss with you.”

“I’m all ears.”

“First, I received a letter from your parents. They want to see you.”

“Parents? I don’t consider them that after what they've done to Twilight… I don’t want to see them ever again. I would feel like I was betraying my sister.”

“A negative response it is. I don’t wish to discuss this matter either, but I thought you'd want to know. From now on, I’ll give negative answers to all of their letters.”

“Thank you, Princess.”

“Now, there’s something else,” The Princess said as she walked to the closest window she had. “I have a feeling that something bad will happen during the next few weeks. I need you to be on guard and to report any suspicious activity.”

“I’ll alert the guards. Shall I warn Twilight?”

“I believe that you should. She and her friends must be aware.”

“I’ll write a letter to her right now! Anything else?”

“No, you may now leave.”

“Thank you, Princess.” Shining Armor bowed to her again and left the throne room.
________________________________________________________________________________

Two weeks later…

Twilight and her friends had been taking precautions ever since she'd received a letter from her brother explaining what Princess Celestia had told him, but they've made sure nopony else heard about the situation. They didn’t want to cause unwanted fear, making the situation worse. But so far, they didn’t see anything unusual.

Everything between Twilight and Fluttershy was back to normal now, but every time the Unicorn tried to ask her about what had happened, the timid Pegasus would avoid the question, saying that it was something stupid and that she shouldn’t worry about it. Soon, she had learnt to leave it in the past and to forget about it, but as the day of their anniversary approached, she started to become more nervous.

“Try not to think about it, darling! Let the proposal be the last thing on your mind until the day itself; try to keep your mind busy with other things.” Her fancy friend had advised, but no matter how hard she tried to focus on reading, the thought always seemed to find its way into her head. Also, it seemed to pop up every time she was with Fluttershy. She would start to space out, causing the Pegasus to worry. Twilight would realize that and tell her that she'd been studying more than the usual lately.

Six days before their anniversary, the couple were saying goodbye with a kiss after their date. Fluttershy could see Twilight shaking more every day.

“You shouldn’t read more than you can, Twi... You'll collapse if you continue like that.”

“I have to, Flutters… Don’t worry about me; I’ll be fine.” Fluttershy hugged her marefriend.

“Try to rest well tonight, and remember that you promised to help me with the critters.”

“I haven’t forgotten, Shy. I’ll see you early tomorrow.” They kissed one more time and Fluttershy entered her home. She was immediately met with an angry bunny who was patting the floor impatiently.

“Oh, Angel Bunny! I’m sorry for being late, but I left your plate full of food.” She looked at the plate and saw that it was untouched. “You didn’t eat? Then why are you…? Wait, don’t tell me that you’re jealous of Twilight!” the bunny shook his head, but he couldn’t hide his embarrassment.

“Angel, you don’t have to be. I love you both and I have time for both of you; I just have to adjust my schedule to give both of you enough time. Why don’t you help us tomorrow? Twilight will come to take care of the little creatures with me.” But the bunny shook his head again and headed upstairs. “He’ll be fine.” She giggled before preparing her dinner.

Once she had finished eating, she headed upstairs to finally sleep. However, when she opened the door, she found Angel looking outside through the window.

“Angel, what are you doing there?” When the bunny heard her, he quickly turned to face his owner and pointed outside. Fluttershy approached the window to see what was causing him to act strangely. Outside, she saw what seemed to be the shadow of a pony coming from the Everfree Forest. “Who… Who is that?” The Pegasus was shaking. The mysterious pony moved into the light and Fluttershy quickly recognized who it was. “What is she doing here?” The pony saw that she was spotted and trotted away. Fluttershy opened the window and flew towards her. She wasn’t heading back to the forest--she was running for the hills.
________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight was admiring the necklace she was going to give Fluttershy. She was so concentrated on it that she didn’t notice that she had a hoof in her food.

“Twilight… Your hoof…” The baby dragon sounded tired; it wasn’t the first time that this had happened.

“What? Oh, I have to wash my hooves!”

“If you keep thinking about it, you’ll make it worse. Do what Rarity said and let the proposal be the last thing on your mind!”

“I can’t help it, Spike. I’m really nervous; it’s an important question and the answer will change my life!”

“Relax... Everything will be okay, you’ll see!”

“How do you know? What if she rejects me?” She said desperately, raising her voice.

“Calm down, Twilight! She won’t say no; I’m sure that she'll accept. All you need to do now is to eat and sleep well for tomorrow morning.”

The Unicorn sighed. “You’re right… Thanks, Spike.”

“Don’t mention it.”

After eating, Twilight headed to her bed. But just as she was about to sleep, somepony knocked at the door.

“Who could that be at this hour…? Let me open it, Spike!” She trotted downstairs and got in front the entrance door. She waited for Spike to join her before opening it. On the other side, there was a pony with a hood to hide their face.

“Who are you and what do you want this late?” Twilight yawned, but the voice of the mysterious pony woke her up immediately.

“I'm sorry for bothering you this late, Twilight Sparkle, but this is very important.” The visitor took their hood off and there she stood Trixie Lulamoon, looking at Twilight with her magenta eyes. There was pity in them. “It’s about Fluttershy.”

Author's Note:

What a cliffhanger! What will happen next? You’ll have to wait and see because I’m bad! XD
I want to thank Blue Dragon for helping on checking this chapter before its release! :)
Chapter revised. There should be less mistakes now.