• Published 4th Jan 2013
  • 5,695 Views, 448 Comments

A Bell's Sonata Magic of Love Part 2 - MysteriousStranger



TwiShy with a bit of AppleDash, Sequel to Magic of Love!

  • ...
11
 448
 5,695

The Princess' Warning

Three days later…

“Come on, honey! We're almost at the hospital!” Twilight looked happier than usual, almost like a foal going to the toy store.

“Calm down, Twi… The hospital isn’t going anywhere.” Fluttershy said with a smile. She was walking behind the lavender Unicorn, who couldn't contain her excitement.

“I know, but I can’t wait to see Trixie walking again! To give her Rarity’s present, and take her to our cottage for her party!” She was about to canter away again, but Fluttershy bit the saddlebag which contained Trixie’s present, effectively stopping her.

“Love, I know you’re happy to see her, but, you could at least walk with me; you’re going too fast…!”

“Sorry, but I can’t help myself! I’m so excited!" Twilight looked at her fiancée in her eyes and she sighed."Okay… I’ll try to calm down…” the Unicorn waited for her partner. Fluttershy intertwined her tail with Twilight's to make sure she wouldn’t escape this time.

When they finally arrived at the hospital, they were surprised to find Trixie already outside.

“Trixie? What are you doing outside?” Twilight asked, confused.

“I didn’t think anypony would come. I was about to head to your library, Twilight.”

“What do you mean? We're your friends now! Aren’t we?” The Pegasus asked with a sad tone. She wasn't sure if Trixie considered them to be that close to them.

“You really mean that?” Trixie asked, smiling slightly.

“Of course we do!” Come on, we’ll take you to our place now!" The bookworm pony exclaimed as she and Fluttershy placed themselves on each side of the injured Unicorn.

“But I lost my hood... Everypony will recognize me and I don’t want to be seen--especially by Snips and Snails!” Her eyes widened in horror at the thought.

“Don’t worry about that, Trixie. Rarity made you a new one!” Twilight smiled sincerely as she pulled out a hood from her bag, covering Trixie with it. “I asked her to make one exactly like the one you had before. It took a lot of time, but she finally agreed.”

“Oh, this is a very nice gesture! Remind me to thank her.” The three ponies started to walk back to the cottage. Trixie kept her injured hoof in the air during the journey, limping slightly. They decided to walk through Ponyville. “Wait a minute… Your cottage? What happened to the library?” The blue Unicorn asked, glancing at the lavender mare.

“Oh, I still go there, but just to work. I live with Fluttershy now.”

“You moved!? When?”

“After we got engaged!”

“Why didn’t you tell me before?”

“Because I wanted to see the look on your face!” Twilight said, laughing. Fluttershy smiled apologetically.

“I apologize for the behavior of my fiancée. I don’t know what got into her; she just woke up like this…”

“It’s fine… As long as she just does harmless jokes.” As they walked through the busy streets of Ponyville, Trixie’s heart started racing from her nervousness that somepony might recognize her. Luckily, nopony seemed to notice her under her hood, nor did they question it. Some of them even waved to the couple. However, that luck didn't last long.

Suddenly, a ball rolled in front of the three ponies, Snails trailed right after it. He stopped when he saw the mares in front of him, but what caught his attention was the pony with the hood. He stared at her for a few moments, causing Trixie to gulp and step back a bit. Just as he was going to approach her, his friend called for him.

“Snails, what are you doing?! Bring the ball!”

“Oh, yeah, sorry!” He picked the ball up with his mouth, cantering back to Snips.

“Phew, that was a close one!” Fluttershy let out the breath she'd been holding, relieved.

“I knew that coming here was a bad idea!”

“Don’t worry, Trixie, they left! Besides, we're almost out of Ponyville, and nopony will show up the rest of the way.” The lavender Unicorn patted Trixie's shoulder comfortingly.

“That’s right, you don’t have to worry once we reach the exit.” The timid Pegasus reaffirmed her fiancée's statement.

“Alright...” Trixie said, defeated. As the couple had said, once they got out of Ponyville, there was nopony to be seen. So Trixie calmed down and, a few minutes later, she was confident enough to remove the hood from her head. “Are you sure we're going the right direction? We seem to be getting closer to that ugly forest.” The Blue unicorn commented as she saw that the Everfree Forest was increasing in size with every step they took.

“Oh, yeah, we live next to it. It was a little scary being by myself, but I feel safer since Twilight moved in.” Fluttershy assured her friend.

“Now that you mention it, you were really brave for even thinking about living by yourself near the Everfree Forest.” the bookworm pony said.

“But I wasn’t completely alone. Angel Bunny was with me; not to mention all the beautiful creatures I look after.”

“So, you look after all the forest critters?” Trixie asked, half wanting to know, and the other half doing it to prevent them from kissing in front of her.

“Oh, yes. I’m the only caretaker in Ponyville. I can understand them and they understand me. They are so cute! You want to see them later?”

“I think that I’ll pass for now… ”

“Believe me, they'll help you recover...” Fluttershy said in a low voice. Trixie looked at Twilight, trying to find a way to get out of it.

“I think you should do it. When I got hit in the head last year by Chrysalis disguised as you, I spent some time with the critters and they really helped me to recover!” Twilight said, smiling.

Trixie sighed in defeat. “Fine, if you say it like that...” She turned toward the Pegasus. “I’ll see them…”

“Really? Thank you! I’ll introduce them to you tomorrow.”

“Why not now…? Is this where you, girls live?” Trixie said, only just noticing the cottage ahead of them.

“Yes!” Twilight said heading towards the door, more excited than a mare her age should be. Fluttershy stayed by Trixie’s side. “And to answer your other question… Because we prepared something for you today!”

“What is it?” Trixie said in confusion as she trotted up to the door. When Twilight opened it, Pinkie Pie and Rarity jumped outside.

“Surprise!!!” They yelled, pulling her inside. The living room was decorated for the party. Hanging from the ceiling, there was a banner that said, We're glad you’re feeling better! Applejack and Rainbow Dash were drinking punch when Trixie arrived, and went to greet the injured Unicorn when they saw her.

“A party?” Trixie asked,surprised. She wasn't sure about what was happening.

“For you.” Fluttershy said as she entered.

“This is our way to thank you!” Twilight hugged her injured friend a little too tightly. “Don’t worry, we are all friends here! Go ahead and get something to eat!”

“I was hoping to get some rest when you brought me here…” However, Pinkie Pie appeared out of nowhere right next to her.

“You've rested enough already, silly! It's time to have some fun!” The party pony dragged Trixie to where the rest of the ponies were.

“Be careful, Pinkie! She’s not fully recovered!” Twilight tried to warn her friend, but Fluttershy nuzzled her neck.

“Don’t worry, love. Pinkie Pie knows it. Look! Trixie isn’t walking with her injured hoof.” Twilight noticed that she was right and sighed.

“You’re right… I guess I’m just being overprotective. I want her to fully recover…”

“I know you do, and I do, too… Just let her have fun. She seems to be enjoying it.”

The bookworm pony looked at Trixie and saw that, despite having a serious face, every time Pinkie Pie turned toward her, she seemed to smile. “She does look like she's having fun. Why don’t we do the same?” She gave her Fluttershy a romantic look. The shy Pegasus blushed in response, and the two walked together to the center of the room and danced. Everypony watched them before Rainbow Dash and Applejack joined them. The three other mares stared as the couples danced to a slow song, their heads on the shoulder of their respective partner. After awhile, Twilight and Fluttershy gazed into each other’s eyes and slowly joined their lips for a passionate kiss. Applejack, seeing this, did the same, but didn't wait for consent before abruptly kissing Rainbow Dash, causing her eyes to open in surprise. When Applejack saw her expression, she broke the kiss and giggled.

“Dashie, you’re so cute when--!"She was silenced with Rainbow Dash's sudden kiss. It was the cowpony’s turn to open her eyes in surprise, but she slowly closed them to enjoy the kiss.

“Aww!” Exclaimed both Pinkie and Rarity. Trixie didn't say anything, but she was smiling.

“Oh, sorry, darling… This is supposed to be your party!” The fancy Unicorn said, looking at Trixie.

“Oh, I don’t mind! I appreciate what you’re doing for me. But it doesn’t mean that they can’t share their love during my… party!”

“That’s what friends are for!” The party pony giggled, putting a hoof around Trixie's neck, hugging her. “Will you visit us?”

“Yes, I will! It’s the least I can do for you…” The Blue Unicorn was slightly uncomfortable by Pinkie Pie's hug.

“You've already done enough for us, darling. Visit us for you! I think that visiting your friends once in a while won’t hurt you. Remember, wherever you go, we will always remember you. We won’t forget what you did for us… For them. You almost lost your life for our friends, and that shows us how much of an amazing pony you trurly are, Trixie!”

The blue Unicorn was about to cry, but her pride wouldn't let her. “It was actually not that big of a deal. I just did it to clear my name.”

“Yeah, right…” Rarity sarcastically said, putting a hoof on Trixie’s shoulder. “Thank you…”

Trixie was about to say something else, but there was a sudden flash of light outside.Moments later, somepony knocked on the door.

“I’ll see who it is… Pinkie, you didn’t invite anypony else, right?” Twilight said as she trotted over to the door.

“Nopey-dopey! Just us!”

Twilight opened the door. “I’m sorry, but you’ll have to… Princess Celestia?!”

“Greetings, Twilight Sparkle. I see that you are having a party. What is the occasion?” the Princess of the Sun said as everypony bowed to her. Trixie didn't since her injured hoof didn't let her.

“Umm… Trixie’s recovery party… Do you wish to come in?” The lavender Unicorn said after standing up properly.

“I would love to, but I'm afraid that I don’t have much time. I just came to congratulate you and Fluttershy for your engagement. Also, if you don't mind, I need to have a word with her.”

“With me…?” The timid Pegasus appeared behind Twilight. “What about?”

“In private, if you don’t mind.”

“O-Of course…” Fluttershy nervously said as she followed after Princess Celestia. Twilight watched suspiciously as the two walked around the cottage. Trixie approached her.

“Was that Princess Celestia herself? I've never seen her before!”

“It’s because she only shows up when something important happens… I wonder why does she wants to speak with Fluttershy...”

____________________________________________________________________________________________

“I’m sure that you are wondering why do I want to speak with you, Fluttershy.”

“I am, Princess…”

“And I’m also sure that you’re wondering why didn't Twilight’s parents answer her letters.”

“Do… Do you know why…?”

“Yes.” She closed her eyes with resignation, and then looked at the yellow Pegasus with a saddened expression. “But you’re not going to like it…”

“Why…? What reason could they have for not writing to their own daughter?”

“It’s because… she likes mares…”

“What? That can’t be right…!” She didn’t want to believe it, but Princess Celestia’s expression was completely serious. The Princess wouldn't lie about it. “So… they hate her… because of me…?”

“Don’t take it personally…”

“How wouldn't I? Princess, they hate her because she’s with me! I was the one who started it all! If I just didn’t tell her my feelings…”

“They'd hate any mare who tried to date her. Besides, she would've fallen in love with you regardless if you'd confessed or not. She told me about you in her letters, even before you two started going out. She wrote about you in a special way she didn’t with her other friends. And, judging by the letters I received during this last year, I can say that she really loves you. There’s nothing wrong with your love; they are the ones who don't accept the fact that she loves a mare. Fluttershy, I've never seen her so happy, and it makes me happy knowing that you’re the reason. I want you to keep her this way, and I don’t want to take that happiness away by telling her the situation. I’m asking you to keep this secret, unless there comes a time that you must tell her the truth…”

Fluttershy was crying silently, not for herself, but for Twilight. She was angry at the Unicorn's parents, but at the same time she was happy to hear that Twilight had always cared about her. The Pegasus wasn't even sure how she should be feeling after hearing something like that.

“Thanks for telling me, Princess Celestia... I’m glad that you told me the truth, and I promise I won’t tell her unless I feel it’s necessary. But, I must ask… Why did you tell me?”

The Alicorn smiled this time. “Because I thought that you deserved to know the truth after all you've done for her. I can trust you, Fluttershy, and now I'm sure she will ask why I wanted to speak with you. Please, tell her that I asked to celebrate your wedding in Canterlot, just like her brother and Princess Cadence’s wedding.” Princess Celestia stood up as she finished.

“I will tell her that, and I’m sure she will accept.”

“Thank you, Fluttershy, you are worthy of your element. As for me, I’m afraid that I must leave. Tell Trixie Lulamoon that I hope she recovers soon, and send everypony my regards.”

“I will, Princess."

“I’ll be watching you.” With that said, the Princess’ horn started to light up and, in a flash, she disappeared.

Fluttershy stayed in place for a few moments, trying to get her thoughts in order. She didn't want to accidentally clue somepony in to what had happened, but still felt like a wreck inside. Reluctantly, she headed back to the party.

Author's Note:

Finally Celestia decided to tell somepony, but will Twilight know the truth? Find out soon! :)
I want to thank Blue Dragon for her help on editing the chapter before its release! :D
Chapter revised. There should be less mistakes now.