• Published 18th Jan 2012
  • 3,060 Views, 114 Comments

We're not in Dustbowl anymore... - 4tehPlot



A "tragic" accident leaves two unlikely men in a strange new land...

  • ...
10
 114
 3,060

Chapter: 1

(A/N: SAXTON HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALE!!!)

I sat up and swiveled my head, searching for the source of the voice. Although my vision was still blurred, what I saw made me do a visible double-take. What the hell? Everything looked so bright and colorful... Double rainbow all the way... But perhaps the most odd thing about the scenery was the oddly colored horse-like creature in front of me that also appeared to have... wings?

I had done some work in the veterinary field before, including some research on exotic animals, but never in my life had I ever seen or heard of a specimen like this. I should definitely conduct some experi-

"Um... Are you okay?"

My mind was a blank slate for a moment. A crashing tempest of confusion and panic was not far behind. I've gone completely insane! My left eye twitched, and complete hysteria was imminent. Just as I was starting to go into the fetal position, a loud gasp erupted from behind me. I jumped and spun to look behind me. To say I was surprised was an understatement. There was Viktor, sitting up with his mouth hanging open, a clump of dirt with a flower in it ridiculously sitting on his head. A little monkey sat on a tree branch above his head, pointing and snickering at his little prank.

"Hey now, be nice," the creature said to monkey, who bashfully looked at his feet before jumping down from the tree and walking off.

"But, seriously, are you... okay?" it repeated.

"I... uh... guh...." I slurred weakly.

To my surprise, it was Viktor who responded, in a giddy, eager tone. "Nope, never better!"

I looked at him. He looked back at me. He still hadn't taken the flower off his head. He looked... excited. WAY too excited.

The creature rubbed a circle in the dirt with what appeared to be a hoof. "So, um... Are you guys... A kind of monkey?" she asked timidly, seeming to hide behind her mane.

Viktor chortled fairly obnoxiously, seeing that it wasn't really that funny. "Oh, no no no..." he said, catching his breath.

"Oh... um... Well, I could make you some tea while you tell me a little about your situation... That is, if you don't mind..." Her voice was almost a whisper.

"Yes, please!" Viktor proclaimed rather loudly.

A small smile graced the creature's face. "Ok then. My name's Fluttershy, by the way. Just follow me, I'll lead the way."

Viktor leaped up and immediately hurried to the talking-wing-horse-candy-thing. If he moved that fast all the time... I snapped from my daze as I managed to lift myself up, plodding after the two of them.

I once again noticed the gigantic, radiating smile he had as he looked at the creature.

Viktor... How the hell can you be enjoying this so much?

---------------------------------------