• Published 11th Jan 2013
  • 866 Views, 34 Comments

The Trixie Zone - Commissar Rarity



Submissions for 30 Minute Ponies, starring the Great and Powerful Trixie!

  • ...
2
 34
 866

#229: Pockets [Normal]

A/N: I’d like to say in advance: I’m sorry.

She wrapped her cloak tighter around her as the wind blew. Looking up, Trixie could see only gloomy grey clouds stretching to infinity.

The journey north had been easy before, but now she was finding it difficult. Ever since the weather changed from being nice and warm to cold and dismal, her progress had slowed considerably. Still she trekked on.

How did I get into this again? This thought raced through her mind every minute of every day.

It was rather simple how she got into her current situation: The archmage Starburst.

She had encountered the archmage in a small tavern in Hollow Shades. At the time, she hadn’t known he was the archmage. He wasn’t imposing or dressed in elaborate clothes. Instead, he was an unassuming unicorn who wore nothing but a simple maroon shawl and a capotain.

“Oh, well, there’s an easy way to get more power,” he had said. “Far up in the frozen north is the Crystal Empire. The crystals there are natural focus lens for magic. All you need is one as an amulet and bingo zap zam! More magic power than you can shake a cat at.”

With that he had fallen into a deep sleep due to all the ale he had imbibed, and Trixie departed, rich with information.

***

After what seemed an eternity of walking, Trixie saw the Crystal Kingdom rising in the north. Her pace quickened, and she reached it before sundown.

Soon, she found herself in the courtyard, where several crystal ponies were packing crystals into boxes.

“U-um,” Trixie said, shivering. “Could I have one of your crystals?”

The crystal pony started giggling, then flat-out laughing. A few others paused in their work to see what the commotion was.

“Let me get this straight,” she said in-between laughs. “You want our crystals?”

Trixie flushed red, frozen in terror. She couldn’t speak, much less move.

A new, terrifyingly familiar voice entered the fray. “What’s going on here, girls?”

“This silly filly wants some crystals,” the crystal pony replied.

Twilight Sparkle walked over, and surveyed Trixie with a keen eye. “Well, if it isn’t the Great and Powerful Trixie.”

“Twilight Sparkle,” Trixie hissed.

“You’re not going to give her crystals, are you?” Twilight asked.

With another bark of laughter, the crystal pony shook her head.

“Good. I wouldn’t want anypony like her to get any. She might use them to try and get revenge on me because I saved her from death one time.”

“Why would Trixie take revenge on the one pony she love-” Trixie clapped her hooves over her mouth. Something warm started to drip from her cape pockets.

“Love?” Twilight laughed. “How could I, student to Princess Celestia, love somepony with spaghetti falling out of her pockets?”

Trixie looked down. There was so much spaghetti falling out of her pockets. “Oh no!”



“OH NOOOOOOOOO!” she screamed, sitting bolt upright in bed.

The door burst open. Mr Pie stood there, eye twitching. “Keep down the noise! And get back to sleep!”

Trixie nodded, drawing the covers farther up, eventually covering her head with them. Suffice to say, she didn’t get back to sleep that night.