• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 6,065 Views, 173 Comments

The Girl Named Pinkie Pie - Lux



A man meets a girl who looks and acts like Pinkie Pie.

  • ...
17
 173
 6,065

Interlude: Time Passes

Chapter 8 – Interlude: Time Passes

It has been a month since your first day at Sugar Cane Corner and your first day meeting Pinkie Pie. You remember that day like it was yesterday, how you expected nothing and instead got everything you wanted and more. You still find it strange, how you not only met and became instant friends with someone on the first day, but that this someone just happened to have the exact personality of your favorite pony. There was no act, no elaborate role playing by some crazed fan who desired to be Pinkie Pie. She was Pinkie Pie, just a human version.

You realized that there was no debating the how or why you got into this situation, nor did you want to. You remembered when you once asked your mother why good surprises happen to people to which she told you that like receiving a present you don’t ask why it was sent to you, just to be glad you received one. This girl named Pinkie Pie was a gift, a chance to find a new friend and to never have a dull life.

The weeks passed by like a blur. Your time spent at the bakery was fairly ordinary, well as ordinary as you could get having Pinkie Pie as your partner. The two of you worked perfectly together, like you shared the same thoughts. The two of you moved about the kitchen like two dancers across a floor. Of course Pinkie’s idea of baking was literally dancing as she mixed, molded, and decorated. Mr. and Mrs. Cake were even pleased at the fact that the two of you were getting along very well. Having two bakers also cut the time down easier with less effort.

Most of your day involved making baked goods and selling them at the store. Occasionally you would help deliver something to a special occasion. Pinkie was always there with you, helping to pass the travel time with singing of talking with you. Lunchtime was usually spent at Pat’s Pizza and Party Palace. Thankfully the place had more than pizza; otherwise you might have become sick just seeing it. Sometimes there you would join Pinkie in playing a game like the Dance Factory. Pinkie always seemed to beat you at that game, dancing effortlessly to the music.

The evens were the best times of all, shattering any monotony in the day. Every night was different and in Pinkie’s case on a whim. There was a certain unspoken rule that the two of you made where one night you would pick the place while the other she would. Most week nights were simply just going out to eat and enjoy each other’s time together. Weekends are usually the craziest of times where you do more activities like walking in the park, going out dancing at a club, going bowling, or watching a movie. There are times that the two of you do spend apart and at home, giving you both time to do things around the house, but you realize that even when you’re apart from her, you’ll see her in no time.

There are certain events that you had the most fun with. One time you and Pinkie Pie spent a whole day at a fair riding the rides, checking the exhibits and vendors, and enjoying the food. Another time Pinkie suggested that the two of you go horseback riding, something you never imagined doing but found it very nice. All of these events made your life even better than before.

Lately though you have seen a change in Pinkie Pie. It started out subtle, barely noticeable to you, but now was very apparent. At first it was the little things like the way she acted even happier than she was normally or the way she found even the simplest of things you said adorable. You then noticed that she began to be more concerned about the way she looked. Before, she didn’t care if she went out with you in faded clothes with bits of dough and icing caked on. Now she would spend the time making sure she looked right before going out to dinner, even going as far as bringing an extra set of clothes with her.

Then there was the way she looked and spoke to you. You at first couldn’t put your finger on it, but there was a change. She always would look at you before, except when she was distracted by something, but now it was as if her eyes were watching your every movement however so slight. Looking into her eyes, you found beyond the cheerfulness a deep longing for something. When she spoke to you there was a certain tone to her, a passion that cut through her normal excited voice.

It was then you realized it: Pinkie Pie was not just thinking about you as a friend. There was something more happening, a building desire to know you and be with you. You tried to deny it, pushing aside the observations as false. But one day you came to the realization, the thing that made your heart leap for joy and terrified you at the same time. Pinkie Pie was in love with you, and even more so was that you loved her.

Author's Note:

This story is reaching the downward slide to the end. Stay tuned as I write the remaining chapters!