• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 6,048 Views, 173 Comments

The Girl Named Pinkie Pie - Lux



A man meets a girl who looks and acts like Pinkie Pie.

  • ...
17
 173
 6,048

Depression and a Decision

Chapter 10 – Depression and a Decision

That night you had a nightmare. You arrived at the bakery to find that all the lights were out and not a single soul was there. As you walk from the store to the kitchen, you hear a strange laugh echo through the dark room. You knew it was Pinkie Pie’s voice, but it sounded different, almost darker.

“Pinkie,” you called out in your dreams, “Are you there?”

Your question resulted in another chilling laugh.

“Pinkie, where are you?”

A light suddenly turned on in the distance, illuminating only a small part of the room. You walk towards the light, hoping that Pinkie was there. As you slowly move in your dreams towards the lit space you find no Pinkie there.

“Pinkie, this isn’t funny. Come out and meet me.”

“Oh I’m right here silly,” a twisted voice was heard, “in fact, I’m right behind you!”

You turn and see Pinkie standing there, her clothes shredded and her entire body covered in dirt. Her hair was not poofy but straight down. The worse thing was her twisted smile and her eyes which while staring at you while staring at nothing.
“Want some cupcakes,” she said as her voice suddenly turned deep and demonic.

You woke up from the nightmare as the clock radio buzzed at the exact same time. You quickly look around to see where you were. To your delight you were not in the dark bakery but in the safety of your bedroom. Although the dream was bad, you try to push it from your mind as you get ready for the day. As you get dressed and have breakfast, you notice that something was off. It was subtle but nonetheless clearly missing. The voice of Pinkie Pie happily singing while she was getting ready was gone, replaced by an awkward silence. You wondered if she was ok after telling her that you wanted to take things slow. You never seen her as a person that would easily get upset, but this was something close to her. You basically told her that the way she envisioned your relationship wasn’t working, a reality that you in hindsight were unsure of saying to her.

As you leave for work, you realize that it was your turn to take Pinkie to work. You wait by your car, hoping that she would appear from her apartment. The fact that she’s usually outside before you and this time she was not was troubling. You waited for several minutes until you could wait no longer for you job. With a heavy sigh, you drive to work, an unsettling journey as you no longer have the joyful voice of your friends talking and singing to you.

At work, you noticed that the Cakes’ were as equally shocked to not see you with Pinkie Pie.

“Where’s Pinkie,” they asked you.

“I don’t know. She didn’t leave her apartment. Maybe she’s sick.”

“It’s just that, well, Pinkie hardly misses work dear,” Mrs. Cake said.

“Really?”

“Yes, she’s pretty much always on time,” Mr. Cake added, “One time she came in sick with the flu. When I asked her why she wasn’t at home, she said she didn’t want to miss work. Eventually I had to tell her to go home especially after she sneezed on an order. So to have her home is unsettling. Nothing happened last night, did it?”

“No, not really,” you lied not wanting to upset the owners at the loss of their co-worker, “You really like her, don’t you?”

“Of course dear,” Mrs. Cake said, “Even though she can be a little… hyper… she is a joy to be around. She’s like a daughter to us.”

“It’s really nice that you two are together,” Mr. Cake said, “I remember the last time Pinkie had a boyfriend. Things were ok, but then he said that he was in love with someone else and broke up with Pinkie. Well you can imagine she was crushed. She didn’t come in for days after that. It was like her joy went out of her. I and my wife actually had to talk to her to convince her to come back.”

You felt a sense of dread at what you did after hearing what happened to her before. You wondered if Pinkie was now feeling the same way as she did when she was jilted before. All you wanted to do was to let the relationship take its course rather than rush through it. Now you wonder if she thought you abandoned her completely.

The day at the bakery was a sobering experience without Pinkie. Not only did you have to do most of the work in the kitchen alone, you had no one to talk to. It was like there was a hole felt in your world, and the only one to fill it was her. Not only were you reminded of her absence by her physically not being there, but there were other reminders. Every person that came into the bakery asked about where Pinkie was and where sad to see her not there. You never realized how many your friend’s presence was important until now, touching many lives with her joy.

Lunchtime came and you decided not to go to Pat’s Pizza and Party Palace knowing that you’d get the same questions about Pinkie Pie there too. You decided that getting some fast food was the best option given how many knew Pinkie Pie from town. While eating alone you realized how much you missed her and how having her rushed relationship was better than none at all. Deep down you loved her and your day was a little darker without her. You knew after work you had to see her, to tell her how you felt and to make sure everything was ok.

After your day at work you quickly hurry back to the apartment. Pinkie’s car was still sitting in the driveway indicating she was most likely in the house. You walk up to her door and knock on it.

“Pinkie, it’s me. I want to talk to you.”

You hear nothing in response and begin to worry if she was really ok. A thought came to mind and you try the door handle. To your surprise the door opens. You realized that Pinkie must have been distraught enough to not lock the door. You wondered if she even locked it since you left the night before.

“Pinkie, are you here?”

You hear laughter from somewhere and follow the sound. The living room and kitchen are empty and dark. You see a light from under the door of her bedroom and her talking to someone. You slowly push open the door and are shocked at what you see. There sitting on the bed is Pinkie Pie, dressed in the same clothes as you saw her from before. Her hair, like in the dream you had, was no longer poofy but straight down. The strangest thing was that she did not acknowledge you at all coming in. Instead she was fixated on a big white teddy bear that you saw on her bed the night before.

“So Mr. Fluffy, do you like being my boyfriend?”

There was a long awkward pause as if the pink haired girl was listening for a response.

“What’s that? You say you’ll love me forever and you’ll never leave me? Awww… that’s so nice of you!”

“Um… Pinkie? Can you stop talking to your teddy bear now and talk to me?”

“Oh look Mr. Fluffy,” she says turning towards you briefly for a moment then back to the animal, “It’s the guy that didn’t want to be boyfriend. What are you going to do about it my love?”

Suddenly Pinkie Pie threw the white bear at you, although she assumed that the bear was actually attacking you instead. Lucky for you, you saw the bear being thrown at you and you quickly knocked it aside.

“What have you done to my boyfriend,” Pinkie exclaimed with a shock.

“Alright Pinkie, it’s time to get back to reality. I need to talk to you right now.”

“Well, I don’t want to talk to you Mr. Meanie Pants,” she said as she folded her arms and turned away from you.

“Ok, then I hope that you hear me when I say this. Pinkie Pie, I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I upset you.”

The pink haired girl let out only a disgruntled sound as if she wasn’t buying what you said.

“When you came into my life, it was the best thing that could ever happen to me. You showed me what it meant to love life, and that’s something that I could never forget. But then something changed as we got to know each other and I started to think of you more as friends. But then you started calling me your boyfriend and telling everyone you met and I got scared that I wouldn’t be the right guy for you. I didn’t want to break your heart by having you find out if that was true, but I did it anyway when I told you I wanted to take things slow, and for that I’m truly sorry. You must think I’m the worst person now, and I don’t blame you. If you don’t want to be my girlfriend or even my friend, I’ll understand. But I just wanted to say to you that I love you Pinkie Pie, and I always will.”

Having said what you needed to say, you turned to leave the room when suddenly you hear a familiar voice behind you.

“You really love me like that?”

You turn around to see her looking at you, her face contorted in a surprise.

“Yes Pinkie I love you.”

Like a balloon inflating her hair returned to its normal poofy state as her face lights up and a smile forms.

“Oh you do love me,” she said as she leapt off the bed and gave you a big, “It’s so great to see you again!”

“So you forgive me?”

“Of course silly,” she said as she grabbed you and gave you a long passionate kiss on the lips that seemed to last an eternity.

As she kissed you, you felt a wave of love and joy surge from her and into you, the same feeling you had when you first met her. It was a feeling that you never wanted to be without ever again in your life. Then suddenly you felt your body go limp and everything went black.