• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 4,939 Views, 245 Comments

A Tale of Two Lunas - Everythingpossible



A princess and a young girl, both with the same name, wake up in a strange place one morning, unsure of how they got there.

  • ...
16
 245
 4,939

Nightmares

The days flew by for Princess Luna like an oiled gazelle. She had eagerly joined Dumbledore’s Army after that first night; the idea of an organization existing for the sole purpose of tormenting Dolores Umbridge was music to her ears. She continued to observe classes, with the exception of the Defence Against the Dark Arts (She had been banned from Umbridge’s classroom after utilizing the Royal Canterlot Voice). Although she was beginning to enjoy the world of Hogwarts School, she could not help but wonder what her sister would do without her in her absence, assuming that this wasn’t one of those epic dreams that seemingly goes on for months until you finally wake up bewildered and confused. She was pretty confident that some ancient evil wouldn’t reappear in her short absence (after all, it was only halfway through the season), but one could never be certain.

Dolores Umbridge was seated at the desk in her garishly pink office. She busied herself with organizing the many quills in her top right drawer, the pink ones, the magenta ones, the fuchsia ones, the amaranth ones, and also the jet black ones she used to imprint propaganda onto the tender flesh of naughty students. It was a calm scene, the room only seen by Umbridge, and the dozens of enchanted cats portrayed on tiny pieces of ceramic on the wall. The quiescence of the scene was interrupted by the slamming of the door and the sudden presence of a biarchal equine deity in the centre of the room.

“You!” Umbridge said, slamming her desk drawer.

Luna smiled at her. It was not her usual smile, but a sort of cruel “Woman-you-are-so-going-down” smile, a sadistic smile, the kind of smile you usually see from the kind of person who is habitually formulating evil plans.

“What are you doing in my office‽” said Umbridge, half afraid and half enraged.

“Trying to annoy you”. The princess’ blunt honesty was somewhat shocking to Professor Umbridge.

“Get out! I will inform Professor Dumbledore!” Luna didn’t seem to care about what she was saying, instead focusing on Umbridge’s gaudishly decorated office.

“You really do have terrible taste–” she said, disgusted at the utter pinkness of the room. Umbridge was paralyzed at her desk.

“Why, take this for example..” she said, telekinetically lifting one of the lurid cat plates from the wall. The fuzzy tabby magically pictured on it scurried out of the frame. Luna inspected it, and then unceremoniously dropped it on the floor. Ceramic bits of kitten dispersed across the room. Umbridge looked at the scattered bits on the floor in utter terror.

“What are you doing‽ Get out!” Umbridge stood up. She and Luna were about the same height. The purple pony ignored her, directing her attention to the lace curtains hanging on the tidy office’s only window.

“Don’t. You. Dare!” Umbridge said, but before the words could leave her lips, the frilly fabric was immolated in a holocaust of ice-blue flames.

“That is it! I am going to alert the headmaster! I was right about you, you… you… filthy half-breed!”

That was it. As the pudgy professor ran for the door, she found it locked.

“You undermine the Headmaster. You fire professors, you torture your students (you suck at teaching, by the way), you discriminate against those you find below you, and now, you insult my very lineage, the Royal House of Canterlot, which has existed for millennia longer than your beloved Ministry.”

Dolores Umbridge’s face twisted into a wicked shape.

“How dare you insult the Ministry of Magic! I should have you taken before the Wizengamot!”

“Go ahead and try, after all, this is only a dream.”

“What‽ What are you– How?”

“As I have said before, I possess powers beyond your mortal comprehension.”

“I– How dare you invade my privacy! That is simply uncivil!” Luna smiled again.

“What, call me uncivil? I’m not the one who abuses her students.”

“They should have considered the punishment before committing the crime! I’d whip them all, if I could! And you, invading my mind, peering into my deepest thoughts! I should torture you! Crucio!” The curse flew past the alicorn, merely rustling her mist-like mane.

“You’re going to have to try harder that that, old woman.”

“Why, I never! Crucio! Crucio! Sectumsempra!” Luna still laughed as curse after curse sailed past, to no effect.
“Avada Kedavra!”

Luna had no idea what the words meant, but the infliction was clear as a streak of electric green struck her directly in the face. She was slightly fazed, but remained notably un-killed.

“What is your purpose‽ What are you doing here‽”

“I want your job,” The princess said, turning towards the door,
“Bitch”.
The equine disappered in a haze of lavender. Dolores Umbridge awoke in a cold sweat.