• Published 18th Feb 2013
  • 398 Views, 13 Comments

Skyfall: Lightning Strike - NOBLEDASH77



The goods guys can go bad.

  • ...
14
 13
 398

Training

The helicopter's blades tossed dust and leaves all around the landing pad. The doors slid open, and the sunlight shone on Lightning's face. Finally, back in Canterlot, where it was warm and he could take a break.

"Colts, thank you once again for your help. Semper Fi." Spitfire said to the pilots and members of Skyfall.

"Lightning." Fleethoof called over the commotion.

"Yeah?" Lightning asked.

"Take care of yourself. And, stay away from garlic, Vampire." Fleethoof said, teasing Lightning about his name and laughing a bit. Lightning started to get annoyed, but Spitfire came over and asked him, "How do you like Semper Fi? It means always faithful in Latin." Spitfire asked Lightning about the new motto she created.




Back at the base, Lightning continued to play around with his gun, until Nightflash, who had finally recovered from the feather flu, ran into Lightning's room, gasping for breath.

"Lightning," Nightflash said, trying to breath.

"What?" Lightning asked.

"Emergency meeting..... With Spitfire. Run." Lightning ran down the hall until he found the meeting room. The room was dark and had a brisk breeze. Two armed guards stood by the door. Spitfire stood in the front of the room with her swagger stick. The projector flicked on, show a picture of Manehatten.

"Ladies and gentlecolts, welcome to Union 2.0. We're rearming, retraining, and retaliating. After the 'screw up' of last mission, were we were unprepared with arms and with plans, we're gonna kick some flank!" Spitfire said with a extremely patriotic and rallying voice.

"Now, since we've realized you need better gear, you're getting upgrades. Lightning, you're getting the XACR and M21. Nightflash you're getting the XACR. Harp and Glid will be getting the M16A3 or M16A4, your pick."

"Spitfire, why's there a picture of Manehatten? Are we gonna take some shots at Junkstin Bieber at the Wax museum?" Nightflash asked, being the joker he was born to be.

"You're going to train in an abandoned hotel in Manehatten." Also, I'm surprised you seem so happy, Nightflash, I didn't think you'd want to see your 15+ marefriends that dumped you like a mule." Spitfire said, to partially annoy Nightflash and to partially reprimand him, while dissing him in front of everypony.

The briefing went on as normal for two more hours, until Sptifire finally wrapped it up.

"Pack your stuff, we leave at 1600 hours."

Lightning walked down the hallway to his bunk. He took out his duffle bag and packed his water, his map, 'How to Impress a Mare' by D. Quill, and some other personal things. Lightning then walked to the armory and put his assault rifle, and pistol in his bag. Lightning put the sniper rifle over his back. Lightning had time to kill so he sat at his desk, and waited. He occasionally picked up the Ponies magazine and read about the celebrity trash. Finally, It was 1530 hours, so Lightning decided to get a head start and walked to the landing pad. The helicopter, which still amazed Lightning, was filled to the brim with bags. Glid was sitting next to Harp so Lightning sat next to Nightflash.

"One way express trip to Manehatten," the pilot said, "Allons-y!"





The flight Manehatten would take two and a half hours so Lightning decided to read 'How to Impress a Mare'. Nightflash decided to rubber-neck what Lightning was reading. Then he started to laugh. Hysterically.

"So," Nightflash said, trying to hold in his laughter, "I'm guessing you like Harp," he continued to snicker.

"Yeah." Lightning said, feeling embarrassed now.

"Well let me give you some tips."

"I'm not in high school. Besides, look at you. You've had more marefriends than operations we've been on.

"Just let me give you one tip."

"She's right behind you."

"She's asleep and Glider doesn't give a flying feather."

"Fine." Lightning said, feeling defeated.

"You've got to act smooth. Ya know, kind of cool." Nightflash said, kinda making a point. Lightning thought about it. Not acting cool is what lost his marefriend from high school. Also, they could be mature adults. It was 1730 hours. Lightning's eyes started to close. Then, he finally drifted into a deep sleep.





Lightning woke up to the helicopters blades knocking the wind. Everypony except the pilots were asleep. Lightning look out the window to see a group of bright lights, illuminating the sky. Manehatten. The city that never sleeps. The helicopter slowly descended on the landing pad. Lightning tapped Nightflash, who randomly screamed out, "not the face," which woke everyone else up. Spitfire stepped out of the helicopter and took a breath of fresh air.

"Finally. That ride was pretty boring." Nightflash said. Two ponies walked up to the helicopter and approached Spitfire. They saluted her.

"At ease. Gentlecolts, can you take our bags?" Spitfire told the two colts. They went to the helicopter and took the bags.

"Well, I'd rather not freeze to death, so lets get to the bunks" Spitfire said, somewhat happy. The stairwell seem run down, but the floor the team was on was beautiful. Lightning walked into his room, which was the nicest bunk he'd ever seen.

"Lights out now. That's an order." Spitfire yelled into each members room. Lightning put his radio on a classic rock station.

"Training starts at 08 00 hours. Sweet dreams." Spitfire said told everypony. Then she let them go to bed. 'It's about time' Lightning though.