• Published 18th Feb 2013
  • 400 Views, 13 Comments

Skyfall: Lightning Strike - NOBLEDASH77



The goods guys can go bad.

  • ...
14
 13
 400

Too easy

Lightning snapped his boots into place, looking at the slope. His stomach turned. He'd snow boarded down steep slopes, but this was a bit higher. He pushed off, starting his decent. The snow ruined his line of sight, but it started to return to normal. He slowed down, eventually stopping. Lightning took out his binoculars. He looked through them, scanning with his eyes for any changelings. He found two near a cabin, armed with Aks-74us.

"Alpha , I've found two operators, Aks-74us."

"Okay," Alpha said nervously, "Are you sure this is safe?"

"Are you scared?" Lightning asked mockingly.

"No, but are sure this is safe?"

"You are, and yes it is safe, and besides, Charlie don't ski."

"Glid, you're with Alpha, right?"

"Yes." he replied.

Lightning, the only one on a snowboard, lead the way. Lightning started down the mountain.
"Wow," he thought to himself "I haven't had an adrenaline rush like this in a long time." The one adrenaline rush he had last mission wasn't even close to this one. Lightning forgot how much he loved snowboarding. "Back to the mission" he thought to himself.

Lightning came to a stop on another ledge and pulled out his sniper rifle. Lightning held his breath, hoping that the bullet would land on the target, despite the intense wind. He pulled the trigger, missing the target completely. Lightning ran off the mountain. He was airborne. He glid over to the cabin taking out his knife. He killed the first guard. The second guard put up more of a fight. The guard wrestled Lightning for the knife. The guard took it from him, and attempted to stab Lightning, but Lightning took his arm, and grabbed the knife right before the guard could have stabbed him. Lightning finished the guard, and kicked his dead body. Just then he met Alpha and Glid.

"Has anypony thought to ask where Nightflash is?" Glid asked.

"On an operation, you call him Shadow, Glid. He had the feather flu, so he would be essentially useless." Harp said, as she and Glid walked into the cabin. The cabin was empty.

"Well there's nothing here." Glid said.

"It ain't over till the fat mare sings." Alpha said, looking at another cabin.

Lightning took out his binoculars.

"I don't see any changelings their." Lightning said.

The team ran to the cabin. Lightning took point, entering the house. All of the sudden, Lightning saw two two unicorns cowering in a corner.

"Thank Celestia your here!" a female unicorn said to him.

"Yes we've been held hostage up here for weeks." A male unicorn said.

"Why would this couple be up here?" Lightning thought to himself.

"Well, were still gonna have to check the house, ma'am." Harp told the couple.

Lightning walked up the staircase. He opened the door to the attic finding large amounts of weapons. He was amazed. "But that meant, those ponies were changelings!" Lightning thought, but before Lightning could tell Harp and Glid, the male unicorn came behind him, rushing him with a knife. Lightning was thrown to the floor. With the unicorn on top of him Lightning punched him, and then kicked him into a wall. The unicorn changed back into a changeling, and started to lunge with his knife. Lightning grabbed his pistol, and pulled the trigger, killing the changeling. Lightning thought it was odd, because the gun fired 3 bullets at once. Lightning ran downstairs, to see the other dead changeling.

"Sorry, I was wrapped up." Lightning said.

The group then searched the house, only to find nothing except the weapons. Lightning set the charges. But something didn't fell right, their should have been more than just four changelings. It seemed too easy. Lightning was right, it was too easy.