• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 376 Views, 3 Comments

Baleston Days - LordOfTape



Sometimes life can just be a busy mess of everything you don't want to deal with. Sometimes, school, friends and your dreams don't all plan on going in the same direction. Sometimes you get bucked in the face and humiliated. But you gotta g

  • ...
 3
 376

Dorm Life (Part I)

The three ponies made their way outside of the complex. The night sky was lighter than usual with a considerable amount of stars in the sky. There was a soft breeze in the air, but nothing too chilling for the group.

Flow looked over to Levol, “So, what’s the deal here Levol?”

Taking in a deep breath, the blue pegasus responded “Depends, what do you wanna hear first?”

“Ooh, me first! Me first!” blurted the hopping pink pony.

“Pinkie Pie was it? Yeah, what do you wanna know?”

“I just love doing characters! I mean, I can be just about anypony I want. I do impressions and I –” she was cut off by Berry.

“Pinkie, before you go into all of your impressions like I know you will, why don’t you ask your question?” she said in an endearing, almost parental voice.

“Oh, pfft, fine.” Pinkie joked it off. “What I waaaanted to know was how you do your characters so well! I mean, you can even change colors without using paint!”

“Pinkie I don’t –” Berry stopped, this time cut off by a hoof from Levol.

“It’s fine, really. Actually, that’s one of the things that I wanted to at least explain. You see, I’ve got this, uh, condition I guess.”

Rhyme Flow bumped in, “Condition?”

“Yeah. I’ve got something called Multiple Personality Disorder. It’s kind of hard to explain in detail, but basically, I’ve got more than one pony living inside of my mind.” Levol’s composure began to fade as he spoke. His gate quickened and became shakier. Sweat was trickling from his forehead to the ground below. “It’s, well, um, it’s not my favorite part about myself. Ourselves. However you wanna say it. But I, uh, I have two other ponies in my head. And they are both pretty bad, as you already saw with Red.”

Rhyme Flow nodded his head, his eyes steady on Levol. “So tell me, how does it happen?”

The blue pegasus opened his mouth as if to speak but then closed it again. Thinking deeper he replied, “I… I’m not entirely sure.”

“So its like a surprise!?” Pinkie Pie blurted out.

“I guess you could say that.”

The pink pony was ecstatic about that fact, “I’ve got a cousin named Surprise! You know she’s a pegasus too. She’s white though, and she’s got a really pretty yellow mane that’s poofy like mine! Surprise loves to party too and she’s so nice and really funny!”

Code Levol half-smiled, “I don’t think it’s as nice of a surprise as your cousin. In fact, I don’t think it’s completely unpredictable.”

“How do you mean?” Berry inquired.

“Well, most of the time when I get really mad I begin to lose control.”

“Ten bits says that you weren’t too happy about the battle.” Rhyme Flow nudged.

“I guess I owe you ten bits then. Cause its true. I don’t really think I was in any condition after that battle to control them.”

Berry Punch yawned and then asked “So are you controlling them right now?”

“Kind of. I’m pretty aware of everything going on right now, so I don’t really have to control them. It’s only when I start losing focus that things go downhill.”

“Aren’t you afraid of what they might do if you lost control?” she continued, her voice slow and weary.

“Yeah. Always have been. But there isn’t much I can do about it. Just try and stay relaxed.”

Rhyme Flow let out a hearty laugh, “If you’re trying to stay relaxed, I don’t see how you could possibly keep rap battling.”

Code Levol glared at his new companion. “You wanna go, Flow?”

The earth pony put his hooves up in peace, “Hey now, I’m not trying to start anything. I’m just saying it’d make more sense for you to stay out of tense situations than throw yourself into them.”

Levol shook his head, smirking to himself. “The stage is where I let loose man. All those pent up emotions, built up anger and hate. I get to release all of that on the stage. If anything, battles save me the most.”

Rhyme Flow took a good hard look at Code Levol, trying to size him up as a pony. From what he had gathered, Levol was a very protective friend. The way he stood up for his Zebra friend was proof of that. He seemed light hearted enough, but had too much baggage to stay that way for long. The pegasus seemed lost in a way, unsure of what to do. Above all, he was stubborn. Not a terribly bad quality, but his excess of it was going to get him in more trouble then he could handle.

“I see.” Was all he said in response.

Levol stopped before a large building with many windows. The group followed his lead and waited for his next action. He seemed to have regained some of his composure compared to earlier, but was still rather shaky. Berry’s eyes were dropping and it didn’t look like she had much energy left. She was holding herself up by leaning against Rhyme Flow, who didn’t have any problem with that. Pinkie was the only pony who seemed wide awake. Whatever those two had done to relieve their drunkenness, it seemed to be wearing off.

Code Levol rubbed his leg anxiously, “This is my dorm. Thank you guys, you know, for helping me out and everything.”

“No problem Levol, we were happy to help.” Flow smiled, offering a hoof.

Levol accepted and the two bumped hooves together. He finally felt relaxed again. His personalities had settled and the events of the past night were becoming less and less important.

Letting out a deep breath, the blue pony grinned, “You know, I’d hate to leave y’all hangin’ like this. Why don’t you guys come on in and grab a bite?”

The mustard colored earth pony shook his head, “There’s no need. We’ve got places to be actually and –” he was cut short by a loud snoring sound.

Berry Punch had managed to fall asleep against Flow’s side. She was snoring quite loudly and would not move. Rhyme Flow, not wanting to wake his friend, turned back to Levol.

“Actually, do you happen to have a free bed?”

The pegasus pushed open his dorm’s door, “Plenty.”

Author's Note:

just ,im busy ok people? who knows when ill get this done, if ever. i dont know. just jfonwabjkaewfbe. yeah. whatever, if you wanna read, read. who knows when part 2 will be out.