• Published 2nd Jan 2013
  • 6,308 Views, 220 Comments

A Lamenter goes to Equestria - McCrowley

  • ...
21
 220
 6,308

Blood upon the Water

These pitiful equines believed these tiny chains and ropes could contain him. With a mere strain of his muscles and with the aid of his Holy armor, the instruments holding him back would soon become weapons of destruction.

But held him they did. Nary a flex nor even acknowledgment that he still breathed came from the giant of Ceramite, perplexing the small creatures to no end. But he watched. He watched them scurry about with cold disinterest. He understood their reasons. He had slaughtered many of their number in a blind fury unbecoming of his chapter. Death was a symphony, and he had become its maestro.

His lungs still ached from the exertion his Primarch had put upon him. While he was the essence of a perfect warrior, his Primarch WAS the perfect warrior. Never tiring, always fighting, a symbol of the Emperor’s vision for humanity. And as such, much better than a civilian slaughtering marine such as him.

For days he lay in what seemed like suspended animation, but were actually just thoughts clouding his mind. And while Idleness was heresy, so was brashness. Litanies and strategies flew through his mind at the speed of a Bolter round. Yet no respite came. Should he simply slaughter them all and conquer this world himself? He could easily slaughter these small equines, even the larger Psykers as he had proven already. But what of other species? Were there other, more dangerous races or wildlife that could possibly threaten him?

And what of the Imperium? Why has he never heard of this species of Xeno before? Was the Imperium too far to absolve him and possibly retake this world? Had he been lost forever?

Thoughts such as these were heresy and were thusly expelled from his mind. But still they lingered. Always returning with more treacherous thoughts. He needed to cleanse himself. Either in righteous combat or upon his own skin in the form of pain or holy waters. Lying in this small room contained on this “Bed” would do no help however. He needed to escape.

But lo and behold. They not only posted guards around every single facet of him, scientists and doctors scurried about, intent on finding his form beneath. Already many of them had begun to adorn Aquilas they crafted after looking upon form. They spoke constantly, understandable to him, but ignored nonetheless.

He needed to escape, preferably without bloodshed. A funny thing coming from the living avatar of death a space Marine is. He watched their movements with interest. Much like the brave men and women of the Imperium he had given his life to protect. Talking about their lives alongside their works. Music, food, dress, and even a few secret whispers of love and courtship passed between these things. All while looking upon his holy form in awe and fear.

The guards however, looked upon him in hatred. Nothing but pure hatred. A smirk appeared upon his face whenever he looked upon their visage and saw their glares like daggers. He deserved their hate. But it shall effect future decisions, no matter what they are.

Escape. That’s right. That was what he was talking about. It would be easy to simply overpower the small equines and escape, but in his lamentation simple choices were hard. He needed to vacate the room for even a small amount of time, allowing for a quick sprint and possibly safety. But how?

Suddenly- Nothing happened. Garvel was still trapped in the room and Equines still surrounded him. This really sucked.

He rolled his head to the side to look out the window; a sight which he had not seen in Centuries greeted him. Vast open plains, beautiful rolling hills, gleaming cities and towns. And with it, the view of the town he had drenched. Plain in his sight nestled between a forest and fields. He knew that was the town. The smell of pain simply drifted towards him. A sigh escaped past the cold ceramite of his helmet; he was unsure what to do. These equines seemed so human, yet so foreign. He killed a whole squad of Soldiers and they embraced him and placed him in a hospital. He was Xeno to them and yet they forgave his trespasses and did their best to heal him.

Tis the folly of a fool that helps his enemy. His head turned once more upwards. He had no idea where he was meant to go and how. This was enemy territory and he was without support and away from any traces of the Imperium. At least on desolate worlds, he held the fact that his battle brothers stood by him and more were stationed above in space. Here, however, all he had was faith.

And his faith was strong. He was a vessel of the Imperium! He stood amongst the most elite warriors the galaxy had ever seen! He has braved horrors much more than simple “Abandonment”. He sat up, eager to praise his Lord in any way possible. Only to be met by a near platoons worth of spears jammed near his neck. Oh yeah. The equines were still there weren’t they? He slowly raised his hands, nothing threatening. The chains clinked against his armor and ropes tensed. Behind the guards, two of the large Psykers stood. One was the one he had nearly killed, bandages still upon its throat. The other was a midnight blue version, a head shorter than the other and seemingly more feminine.

Well. This was certainly a pickle. Had he been externally saying his monologue again? “Yes you were, Garvel. Indeed you were.” Said the short one in a tone of amusement. He could tell this one would be much more interesting than the others. “Well then. Maybe you should call off your guards and we can chat like reasonable hum-… Beings.” The two looked at each other; probably using their warp powers to communicate, and after a quick second nodded in the direction of one particularly shiny officer equine. He in turn nodded to the others who lowered their spears in motion. All save for one.

This one still had his spear up to Garvel’s throat, right above the Jugular. Should he be able to pierce the black carapace, he would quickly slay a space marine and end nearly a millennia worth of life. “Private Green Petal.” The shiny equine, whom you have now dubbed Shining Armor as appropriate, spoke with a tone befitting a Dress Officer. “I have given an order. Follow it.” The last words seeming forced yet still sincere to the Marine’s ears.

“B…but SIR! He… Killed… Killed my only-“She was cut off as the spear was torn from her grasp and snapped like a twig. The other guards reacted and barred arms once more, but more cautiously. Garvel let the small spear fall to the floor and forced the grill of his helm into the equines face. “Listen here… Equine. I have killed thousands stronger than you. I am a Warrior” His hands lifted much to the grimace of the guards and tall Psykers, but instead of cause harm, began to remove the helm as they did before. “And I have killed, yes plenty. Were they your friends? Family? Lovers?” the last statement drew a short nod from the private, “The hear this. I have seen a whole sector burn once. On it was my family, my friends, and my wife… They were given the Emperor’s final peace by His Holy Inquisition and my Battle Brothers, who even the lowliest, would always be better than you Xeno.” The last words were spat directly at the private as the helmet was finally off to reveal his cold blue eyes and menacing scowl.

But not only that, but tears at the corner of his eyes. “I lost much more than you ever will, and have become much more than anything you have ever known. I am the last Lamenter, possibly. The Tyranids probably made sure of that. ” His cold eyes drifted over the crowd, viewing the hatred and the sadness meld into one solid emotion. “And while you have the right to try to take my life, know I have the ability to take yours.”

With the final statements, he stood to full height, scraping the ceiling with his form and ripping the ropes from their supports. His eyes of ice pierced the taller Psykers, seemingly speaking with them yet dissolving their will as well. “I assume you two must have questions of my origin. Know that no amount of torture will allow me to release classified material, but I will tell you what I can in a more secure environment.” With that he began his march, helmet in hand, “If you need me, I will be searching for an appropriate location to bathe and death awaits those who disturb me.” More as a reflex than any thought of his own, he made the symbol of the Aquila before the Psykers and resumed his journey in search of a bucket to cleanse his filth.

Many scientists followed him blindly, as if enraptured by a god. True, he was possibly the closest thing this world has ever seen to a god of battle, as he could so tell by the variety of screams that erupted from unprepared xenos as he stomped past them. He was easily past double any of their heights, standing at about eight feet tall. This hospital was however, well-built and only required a minimal amount of slouching. The small scientists still scurried about him, asking question upon question, some ranging from how he looked in the rest of his armor to the true name of the Emperor. HA! Wouldn’t anyone like to know? Still they scurried, never once trying to help him find cleaning utensils.

He didn’t need their help however, as signs on the wall in a form of Low Gothic lead him to a bath area. Public, but he could easily make it private. And he did. In the form of three chairs and multiple towels to ensure no one could enter or see in. But locks work both ways.


The baths were always a true relaxation on tired hearts Pinkie Pie thought, and the hospital in Canterlot had the best baths EVER! Princess Celestia had the girls,except for Fluttershy and Rarity who opted to stay home, taken to Canterlot along with that… Thing to ensure if they were all okey dokey. But things were far from peachy keen. That meanie weenie had hurt a lot of ponies! She blew her bubbles in the surface as her mane drifted in the water around her.

He had hurt a lot of ponies, good friends too! But it was true that he was new to these parts… Maybe he didn’t know how to show his friendship like they did? It was a silly thought but who else but the party mare of Ponyville to think it up? She suddenly heard the doors lock. Hmm… Visiting hours must be over. Oh well, more bath time for her! But she didn’t feel safe, true the mare and stallions sides were separated, but still. Her Pinkie Sense© was saying differently.

Confirmed were her suspicions! Someone started talking to themselves! It was slow and almost… Mournful? Much deeper than any stallion she had met before as well.

A small shiver jolted up Pinkies spine. Deep voice? Slow talking? To THEMSELVES?! It must be the big meanie alien guy! A Quick peek over the small dividers confirmed her suspicions. There he was with a wet cloth kneeling near the bath chanting something inaudible to her ears.

He would soak the cloth, say something under his breath, then wash a piece of that yellow metal on him. Slowly taking it off… piece by piece… Oh Celestia why was she watching?! He was going to wash himself and be nude! She tried to pry her eyes away, but curiosity was her middle name. Pinkie “Responsibility Curiosity” Pie. And something pulled her in the direction of his flawless yet completely scarred skin.

Piece by piece the armor came off, allowing more of his form to be revealed. Words became clearer, all somehow pointing to that Emperor guy. But most were asking for forgiveness from him. He cleaned his gloves extra hard when he noticed they STILL had blood on them, something that caused her to wretch.

The arms came completely off at first, revealing two pillars of marble muscle. Veins glowed in the lights of the bath, even more so were the various bits of metal and studs in them as well. The chest came next, revealing that he was wearing something underneath. The black skin tight shirt left little to the imagination however, making Pinkie begin to subconsciously blush. The firm rippling muscles visible from a mile away, the bleeding heart imprinted upon the shirt even more so. Her heart began to beat fast as he began working on the legs, chanting even louder now.

“By the Emperor and His Holy light I beg forgiveness. I have sinned in his vision and seek his atonement in the form of my blood.” Wait his blood? The cloth he had used so rigorously was now tightened and lashed across his back with one arm. Droplets of pure scarlet fell from that one lash, falling into the pool and staining the blue surface. “Please my Emperor, forgive my trespasses. These Xenos are not known by Your most Holy Inquisition, and were not deemed for destruction.”

Another lash and another stream of blood. “Forgive my trespasses against your son, as I am not him. Forgive me my Primarch from the curse in my blood, so far am I from your Holiness.” The legs all but crashed into the ground, leaving the alien bare save for a black carapace like shirt/pants combo. Once again, leaving little to the imagination of the now shivering pink pony.

Blood ran across the perfectly blue pool. A usual sight for the marine but a shaking visual for Pinkie Pie. So much blood… a seemingly tear shaped pool formed in his bath, scaring the Pink pony to death. That was it; she needed to get out of here. She tried ever so hard to silently creep along the water’s edge.

“I can hear you, Equine. Show yourself.” A chill not from the water crept up her spine. “There is no use hiding. Either you come out or I come get you.” A gulp was all that emanated from her throat. “I will give you till the count of three to present yourself. I will not hurt you.” Not hurt her? But what about all those ponies he had hurt before? Hadn’t they just been trying to help him? “One.”

Oh sugar honey iced tea! She had to high tail it over there! But… There was a door right over there… She could just as easily escape as to return to him. “Two” “Time for a quick decision, Pinkie” she thought to herself, either face the alien or run from this place. “Two and a Half…” The obvious tone of anger beginning to form. So a decision was made.

She went over to divider once more, and peeked out around the corner once more to see his cold face staring back at her. But gone was his scowl and so was the blood, having sunk to the bottom and out of her sight. “Ah. I see you have made the wiser of two decisions. Come, Sit by me.” He patted the area nearest to him, a dry portion devoid of his lifeblood. She obeyed of course, not wanting to incite his wrath. Dutifully she sat upon her hind legs, ready to bolt at a moment’s notice. With a smile he looked towards her, looking at her as a grandfather would a son. Or a priest to a new follower.

“Equine. You have heard some very holy things come from my mouth in the short time you spied upon me.” She opened her mouth to defend herself but was stopped by his hand in front of her. “You are not the first. Well… You are the first Xeno, but not the first. I wish to tell you a tale. The tale of what happened to that first soul.”

Quietly he slipped into the pool, sighing contently as the warm waters met his skin. Pinkie continued to sit rigidly, still prepared to bolt. “She was much like you. Terrified of me, save she had seen much, much more than you most likely will. It was a Feral world. We were liberating this world for the Emperor with a small detachment of another chapter called the Black Templars. They could have taken the whole world themselves they said! Hah!” His laugh was one of true heart to Pinkie, her hind legs beginning to relax as did her smile.

He seemed nice when he wasn’t all grouchy McMeanpants, his laughter was nearly infectious a lot like hers. He already seemed very sorry… But still. She couldn’t let her guard down!

“Anyway, I was saying those Templars went off running for a fight? Well they did and left us behind, took the whole world themselves really. So most of us trailed after them, slowly, and mostly just using their chaplain to convert the locals to the light of the Emperor. We would regularly wash our Holy armor, and it is a very similar situation that I found her.” His gaze was slowly beginning to drift into his own subconscious, that much was obvious to Pinkie as she had seen many others do the same.

"She was, of course, human. But as I said they were quite feral. She however held this nearly noble air about her, as if she was raised in the Imperium. Blonde haired and fair skinned. She was curious as all warp would allow as well! She spied our procession and came to watch. And while many battle brothers prefer to pray together, I fell more myself when I am as such. Down to the river I went, searching for a suitable place. I heard her from a mile away of course but I pretended to be oblivious.”

“I proceeded much like I did here, removing my armor piece by piece while chanting my Rites. She continued spying. Always watching. I could feel her eyes rake across my nude form at times, but it mattered not. When I went to wash myself of my impure blood she ran forward and stopped my hand, a very courageous thing to do for a mortal. She thought I intended to harm myself, which of course I did.” He cupped some water into his hands then, seemingly only getting a handful of his blood. Pinkie shivered, blood still was not something she was used to and she hoped she never would be.

“As an Astartes, I am used to pain. But the pleading in her eye convinced me; they enraptured me beyond doubt. She was a chosen of the Emperor and just didn’t know it yet. So I taught her. I taught her everything I knew about the Emperor and the Imperial Faith. She listened as I went on for hours upon hours. Se winced not as I told the tale of the Heresy and the Internment of our Lord. She felt it instead. Tears flowed from her as the river ran by our feet. It was then I knew her place.”
Pinkie released the breath she had been holding. Unaware that it had passed, she continued listening as the woman in the story had as well. Here was a near GOD of a man telling a lowly pony like her a seemingly heartwarming tale. He didn’t hate the smaller, he just didn’t understand was all!

“She needed to become a Sister. An Adeptus Sororita. A daughter of the Emperor. She followed me, and our force, for quite some time. She always joined us in prayer even when she knew not the words or how to pronounce them. I felt the fire in her heart, one that only service to the Emperor could quell. So after the bloody spectacle of the conquest, my brothers and I took her aboard our cruiser, to be taught the ways of the Imperium. She learned well under our Ecclesiarchy staff… But I could tell she was meant for the Sisters. So the next time we came across a major force of Sororitas, My squad and I personally lead her to them. The last I heard of her however… was quite a long time ago. I was told she had passed every test and had become a Hospialler, aiding many a brother during many crusades.” The giant let out an almighty sigh then still seeming far far away from the lone pink pony and this Emperor forsaken world.

But to Pinkie, that sigh showed just how much she had not known. And she was eager to learn now. “Ummm… mister?...” She said in a tone that a mortal would not even be able to hear. He turned his head towards the sound, as if he had forgotten she was here, and gave an almost loving smile, once again like a father to daughter. “Yes, Xeno?”

She tried and tried to choke out these words of pleading. But they were so hard to say! How exactly does one say they want to hear everything that ever happened in the happening of forever! She thirsted for the knowledge but couldn’t bring the cup to her lips. So instead, she simply took the cloth from the ground and whipped it across her back much like he had done earlier.

This surprised Garvel. This Xeno had copied his action and deliberately hurt herself! It intrigued him even more that even through the tears of one who has never been injured, she was able to take her hood and with it paint something with her blood.

An Imperial Aquila no less.

“Pl-Please… Tell me more about… The Emperor.” The say his hearts grew three sizes that day along with his smile.
“As you wish Xeno. But take heed, this is a long and dark tale. Take notes if you wish.” And with that he began his speech.

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long. My Google Chrome refuses to open FIMfic so I have to resort to IE... And yes there are what seems to be a more mature section but no shipping or nudity is present so calm your collective breasts. Once again any comments are well thanked :pinkiehappy: