• Published 2nd Jan 2013
  • 2,818 Views, 89 Comments

The new arrival - RandomJamesH



A human literally falls into Equestria and the pony who finds him fist is none other than Lyra let the fun begin

  • ...
17
 89
 2,818

Making friends (Chapter 2)

Chapter 2: Making memories

“Get him to...”

“Will he be...”

“Some first...”

“... Party I was gonna...”

Nigel kept slipping in and out of consciousness until finally he wakes up with a pair of blue eyes in his face.

“Is it normal to wake up with eyes in your face all the time in this world?”

“No, but it happens more often than you think” Twilights voice came from the side.

He looked over and saw Twilight, Rarity and some other ponies he didn’t recognize.

“Hey there sugercube, how ya feelin?” The orange pony asked

“Fine thanks, uhhhh...”

“Oh how rude of me some introductions are in order I think, this is Applejack, the mare who is flying above you is Rainbow Dash, the yellow one behind me here is Fluttershy, and I believe you remember the mare standing above you Pinkie Pie?”

Nigel looked at the pink mare that suddenly started to shake uncontrollably shaking the whole bed.

“Oh no not again, TAKE COVER!” Rainbow Dash shouted.

Suddenly there was a loud bang and a pinkie flash flying all over the room that was talking impossibly fast.

“OHMYGOSHHESOKANDWASAHUMANALLALONGANDKNOWIGETTOBEFRIENDSWITHAHUMANIWONDERWHATHUMANSLIKETOPLAY!” Suddenly the pinksplosion stopped still instantly and fell to the floor and her hair deflated.

“Oh no when we first met I was really rude and now I just went full crazy I bet he doesn’t like me at all” Pinkie sat there on the floor with tears in her eyes.

“Now you stop thinking about such things darling it’s unbecoming of a lady.” Rarity reassured her

Um girls...”

“Yeah and besides Pinkie he seems an alright guy I mean I ran into a burning house to save somepony in a world he hasn’t even been in for a day!” Rainbow dash agreed.

I think we have a problem.”

“An’ don’t forget sugercube you got cranky to be your friend anything’s possible.”

um, should his be leg twitching like that?

Just then the pink mane inflated and the smile returned to her face, “your right girls I won’t know until I try, so Mr. Nigel would you like to be... umm were did he go?”

The five girls turned to look at the bed and just saw Fluttershy standing on it looking over the edge. “um, I think he’s unconscious again.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ten minutes past before Nigel woke up with more bandages on his head, looking around the room he noticed all six of the mares were still there although Pinkie looked a bit sad

“Wha... What happened? Nigel asked.

The mares looked over to him and sighed with relief, Twilight stepped forward and explained.

“There was a err accident and you fell out of bed and landed on your head you’ve been unconscious for about ten minutes.”

“I seem to spend a lot of time sleeping nowadays I guess travelling between worlds really nocks it out of you.” Smiling to the group

They all returned the smile except for Pinkie who wandered over and sat next to the bed putting her head on it.

“I’m so so so so so so so soooooooo sorry I hurt you can you ever forgive me?” she said with a tear in her eye.

“hnnnnnnng sooo adorable must... resist... eyes,” then a sly thought crossed Nigel’s mind. “Let’s have some fun revenge here”

“Its alright Pinkie Dash I know you didn’t mean it, and I’m sure Rarelight and Appleshy will agree with me, right?”

“Oh no oh no oh no I scrambled his brains Twilight do something!”

Nigel sat there watching Pinkie until he couldn’t hold back his smile any longer and burst out laughing

“I’m sorry Pinkie I couldn’t resist I’m fine, really.”

“WHAT! That wasn’t very nice Mr. Meanie-pants I thought you were seriously hurt!”

“I’m sorry Pinkie you think you can ever forgive me?”

“Ummmm, sure, but on one condition.”

“What’s that?”

“You forgive me for knocking you out earlier”

“Alright, deal. Friend” he said winking at the pink mare.

Pinkie smiled from ear to ear and hugged him tight. “Oh thank you, thank you, thank you you’ll be my bested human friend ever!!”

“Pinkie... can’t... breath” Nigel gasped

“Oh sorry” She said still smiling.

“By the way, where is Lyra?” Nigel asked thinking back he didn’t remember seeing her since he has been awake.

“I don’t know she said something about the train station, but other than that she just left,” Twilight replied.

“Awwwww I thought she would of said goodbye before she left.”

“Don’t worry about it dear she has been waiting forever to meet a human I’m sure she won’t be gone long!” Rarity said, “By the way how much do you know of this world, as far as I can tell you’ve been here a day and been asleep for at least half of it.”

“You know I think your right all I know is that there are three types of ponies, The ones with horns, the ones with wings and the ones with neither who I’m guessing are the strongest?”

“Correct, though they do have name the ones with horns are called unicorns, the ones with wings are called Pegasus and the ones with nether are called earth ponies...” Twilight went into lecture mode and started to tell Nigel about their world.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next few hours was spent listening to Twilight explaining about Equestria and the others pitched in describing the jobs they do,

“Hello my little ponies, how is our visitor doing?” A regal voice came from the doorway, causing everypony to look at the door and bow with respect.

“Princess Celestia what are you doing here?” Twilight asked.

“Well, my faithful student after I received your letter about a human being in Equestria I went and did some research about them.”

“Somepony did research on humans?”

“Yes I believe it was Star Swirl’s pupil Clover who first discovered the creatures that appeared in the Everfree forest he noticed that it seemed to happen naturally, as you all know magic flows through our world like a current, but in the Everfree forest magic tends to build up enough for a portal to temporarily open causing a human to appear and leave within a few minutes, now I’m sure you have all wondered at some point that our little human here has some miraculous recovery ability?”

“I did wonder about that, how is it possible?”

“Well, Clover thought the same thing and found out that humans have the passive ability to absorb magic, the stored magic is then used to increase their stamina, health and everything about them.”

“That explains why he had no injuries from when he fell into the pond!” Twilight realized.

“Yes my faithful student and...” Celestia turned to Nigel, “would you mind if I used you in a demonstration?”

“Sure what kind of demonstration and will it hurt? He asked nervously.

“I promise it won’t hurt all I’m going to do it use some magic on you to show my little ponies how magic absorption works.”

“Alright then fire away.”

Celestia horn glowed gold and a beam of light shone from the tip covering all of Nigel in the light, Nigel lay there with his eyes closed feeling the warmth of light flow through him he could feel the magic pulsing though his body.

“Wait something isn’t... Gah... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!” Nigel screamed, raising several feet into the air.

“Wha... What’s happening? Princess do something!” Twilight shouted, but Celestia just stood there staring at Nigel who was wreathing in agony, suddenly Nigel stopped screaming and just floated there, all the rooms occupants just stood there in silence staring at him, with the exception of Fluttershy who was hiding behind Celestia.

“RRRRAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!” Nigel screamed at the top of his lungs.

Please make it stop.” Fluttershy whimpered almost in tears, Suddenly bursting from Nigel’s back appeared two wings not only did the wings appear, but they were mismatched one was white as snow whereas the other was as black as night.

“Impossible,” Princess Celestia mumbled to herself, “Twilight my faithful student I must return to Canterlot at once, I leave Nigel under your protection.”

“Princess what do you mean? What’s going on?” Twilight asked starting to panic.

“I don’t know but I intend to find out.” With that she turned and quickly left the room.

Twilight turned and looked back at Nigel who was now lying on bed panting, his new wings spread out beneath him.

“Okay... That... Hurt... A lot...” He said gasping for breath between each word.

Oh my, are you alright?” Fluttershy asked rushing to his side with bandages at the ready.

“I’m... fine... thanks...just...need...to...catch...my...breath.” Everypony just sat there in silence.

“Okay I’ve caught my breath, Fluttershy mind scratching my back for me? It itches like crazy!”

Oh... ummmm... okay.”

“Ooooooohhhh yeah right there! Your feathers are good at this.”

Ummmm, but I haven’t even touched you yet.”

“What? Then who’s scratching my back?” He looked behind him. “AHHHHH.”

Eep” Fluttershy screamed and jumped under the bed but only her head would fit.

“WHERE THE BUCK DID THESE COME FROM” Nigel screamed.

“Now darling one must not swear in the presence of ladies no matter what the situation.” Rarity advised.

“Sorry Rarity I just noticed the wings on my back and I’m kind of FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW.”

“Gosh darn it sugarcube get a hold of yourself” Applejack said slapping him across the face with her hoof.

“Okay, okay I’m back and OWIE!” Nigel whined holding his cheek.

“Sorry sugar, but they say it’s the best way to stop somepony from freaking out.”

“It’s alright... sooooo why do I have wings again?”

“We don’t know one moment princess Celestia was showing how you absorbed magic and the next you were screaming.”

“Um excuse me but...”

“Hmmm if I have wings can I fly?”

“Can somepony help me?”

“I don’t know, why don’t you try later, maybe Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy could teach you?”

“Teaching? That’s sooo boring you either got it or you don’t.” Rainbow Dash Declared.

“My heads stuck.”

“Well, how do we know he “has it” when we don’t even know what humans are capable of? An’ besides if he can fly who’s to say he’s not faster than you?” Applejack teased.

“Nopony is faster than me!”

“Um hello?”

“That may be true but Nigel here aint no pony.”

“Fine ill teach him, but only to prove that I am the better flyer, are you ready Nigel your about to be the first student of me! The great Rainbow Dash!”

“Gee thanks for the offer Rainbow Dash but...” Nigel started to say whilst getting off the bed and lifting it up to help Fluttershy out. “I would like Fluttershy to teach me, well the basics at least.”

M... Me? Oh no Rainbow Dash would be a much better teacher than me I’m a very poor flyer.” Fluttershy said whilst hoofing the ground.

“She probably is for the more advance stuff, and please don’t take this the wrong way Rainbow Dash, but you don’t seem the type to teach the boring things like basics.”

“None taken you’re probably right, but if you do learn to fly come to me if you want to increase your coolness by 20% at least!” Rainbow Dash agreed.

Al... all right then if it’s ok with Rainbow Dash co... come by my cottage when you’re out of hospital and I’ll tr... try to teach you.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Princess Celestia rushed in threw the castle doors causing the guards to look around nervously in case something was wrong, it was very rare that the princess ran anywhere unless it was an emergency.

“Sister... Sister where are you?” Celestia shouted running through the halls.

“In here sister,” Luna called from the library, noticing how out of breath she looked, “What’s wrong?”

“Luna, my dear sister I need that book!”

“What book?”

“THAT BOOK!”

“Sister there are over three million books in this room alone, and all you give me to look for one book is with a description of tha... Ooohh I understand I’ll be right back.” Luna turned and left the room and returned a few minutes later with a book hidden under her wing.

“I... umm... wasn’t quite finished reading it yet.” Luna said blushing holding out the book she was holding titled “Stallions monthly”.

“Oh... umm... That’s alright sister I didn’t mean THAT book I meant the book of anthropology.” Celestia whispered as not to be overheard and also added. “Wait till you see the picture of Big Mac Bucking the tree.”

Blushing furiously Luna turned and left the room again and returned with a different book.

“Why do you need this book dear sister it’s just full of old mare’s tales.”

“You know as well as much as I that there is one tale in here that is true!”

“You don’t mean...?”

“Yes dear sister the tale of Prophecy is happening!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days have passed and Nigel was still getting used to his new wings whenever he went to lie down on the bed they got in the way and whenever he went to sit down he ended up sitting on them, but with the bad came the good he liked the feeling when he wrapped the his wings around him and snuggled down for the night and whenever there was a breeze his feathers would react and he could feel the cool breeze flowing through each feather.

“I need to get out of here!” Nigel spoke out loud.

“Well, I have good news for you then,” a voice came from somewhere in the room.

“Who’s there?”

“It’s me,” a voice came from the chair answered chuckling a bit, “I see you’ve gone through some changes since we last met.” Bright Ideas said seeming appearing in the chair but something was different about him.

“I see I’m not the only one who has changed didn’t you used to be white with a purple mane?”

“He he you noticed sooner than I thought you would I use a spell constantly to change the colour of my mane and coat to the colours I wish.”

“Well, I guess I’ve got to ask, what colours are you originally then?”

The Pony sat in the chair smiling mischievously, “Now where is the fun in that?”

“FUN! Where? Can I join? Is it pin the tail on the pony?” The Pink mare burst in the room causing the two occupants to jump.

“Oh snap running time!” Bright Ideas said and sprinted full force out of the room.

“Ooooooh Bright I haven’t seen you in like forever have you been avoiding me? Why are you running? *GASP* you are avoiding me! You can’t escape my pinkie sense Bright Ideas!” The pink mare shouted whilst chasing after Bright Ideas.

“Well, that was... Eventful” Nigel said to himself, he didn’t have to wait long till his next visitor arrived.

“Hi Darling, how have you been?” Rarity asked walking in the room with her saddle bags.

“It’s been alright, I need to get out of here though”

“Didn’t Bright Ideas tell you?”

“Now that you mention it he did say he had some good news for me, but then pinkie came and he ran off.”

“Oh woe is me why must men always take so long to apologise?”

“So, he’s still being chased because of the pinkie promise?”

“Probably not, Pinkie has probably forgotten all about it, o well it is fun to watch”

“Rarity, can we come in now?” A young voice came from outside.

“Oh my how rude of me I forgot all about you, please come in girls”

Three little fillies walked into the room, two you didn’t recognize, but the third one you did it was the mare you saved in the fire!

“Allow me to introduce my little sister Sweetie Belle and her two friends Apple Bloom who is Applejack’s sister and Scootaloo who I know you have met before, and girls this is Nigel.” Rarity introduced.

“Hey girls how are you all today?” Nigel asked the three fillies hid behind Rarity.

“Oh come on girls don’t be shy after all you all insisted that you just had to meet him.”

“Yeah c’mon girls we have to thank him for saving Scootaloo he’s not scary, you’re not scary right?” The filly with the bow asked

“I don’t think I am, but you never know I may be isn’t that up for you to decide?”

As soon as he said that the three fillies grouped together and started to mumble one occasionally looking over to Nigel, Rarity looked over to Nigel who was grinning what was he planning? Eventually the three fillies broke apart and Apple Bloom stepped forward and said, “We have decided that you are not scary.”

“Awwwww I guess I’ll have to try harder maybe if I do THIS!” He said expanding his wings to full length and causing the fillies to dart behind Rarity.

“Oh do stop that you’re scaring the children” Rarity scolded him

“I’m sorry I’ve been cooped up here for three days and had nothing to do, but wait for visitors to show up and Lyra still hasn’t shown up!” Nigel complained folding his wings down

“Oh speaking of Lyra she sent you a letter, but there was a mix up with the mailing... again.”

“Really what does it say?”

“I don’t know a lady doesn’t snoop.”

Doesn’t stop you from snooping in my saddlebags all the time,” Sweetie Bell mumbled causing the fillies to giggle.

Nigel took the letter from Rarity and started to read it.

Dear Nigel,

I hope this letter finds you well and I’m sorry I haven’t been and seen you for a few days, but I have been busy arranging a few things that will hopefully make your stay here more homelike Bon Bon and I are in Canterlot for her sweet convention and hopefully when we return I can visit you wherever your staying

Yours faithfully

Lyra

P.S Bon Bon says hi

Nigel read the letter and set it on his bedside table. “Hmm... this could be interesting”

“What could be interesting?”

“Well, Lyra said she would visit me wherever I was staying, but I don’t have anywhere to stay.”

“Oh my you could stay with me if you wish?”

“Thanks Rarity that’s really generous of you, really it is, but I my just spend a few nights wandering around the area spend a few nights under the stars that sort of thing.”

“So, like camping then?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“I suppose so.”

“Oh can we go with him sister pleeeeeeese” Sweetie Belle begged.

“No absolutely not besides I thought you said he was scary?”

“He’s not scary!” Scootaloo spoke up for the first time causing everypony in the room to look at her, she blushed and looked down to the floor.

“Thanks Scootaloo how have you been since the incident?” Nigel responded.

“Oh... um... alright...” She was blushing so much her face had turned from orange to red.

“Glad to see your not hurt in anyway and umm... sorry for jumping out of the window without warning.” Smiling sheepishly he walked closer to Rarity and whispered, “Is she alright?”

She’s fine darling, but don’t ask her about the incident I think she’s still in shock.”

Alright. So, girls Rarity and Applejack have told me the three of you are in a club mind telling me more about it?”

The three girls who were scared of him just moments ago jumped on him and shouted in unison. “Cutie Mark Crusaders human catchers! YAY! And then looked at their flanks.

“Girls that is very rude of you get off him this instant!” Rarity ordered.

Sweetie Bell and Apple Bloom jumped off and walked over to Rarity giggling and Scootaloo just sat next to Nigel looking at the floor.

Sitting up Nigel asked “What was that about?”

“It’s our group that we made the Cutie Mark Crusaders,” Apple Bloom Started to explain.

“We do a lot of activities so we can finally get our cutie marks!” Finished Sweetie Belle.

“I see... What’s a cutie mark?”

“I thought we told you that when Twilight was explaining the ways of our world?” Rarity asked.

“Did she? I think I may have dozed off after she went on about how the clouds are formed in Cloudsdale.”

“I think we all did darling best not let Twilight know though,” She said with a wink.

“He he, so what are cutie marks?”

“There marks on our flanks that appear when we find out what our special talent is, for instance Princess Celestia has a sun cutie mark because her talent is to raise the sun every morning.”

“Cool so you girls thought you could get cutie marks as human catchers?”

“Yes!” Sweetie Belle and Apple Blooms said together.

Nigel looked down at Scootaloo who was still looking at the floor next to him and then looked over to Rarity who shrugged.

“Well, I don’t have a cutie mark yet so maybe my special talent is a pony catcher!” As he said these words his wings were slowly opening so the fillies wouldn’t notice he then proceeded to scoop all three of them together and tickle them, the three fillies sat their laughing even when he stopped holding their sides.

“You have gotten better at controlling your wings I see,” Rarity noticed, “and can you even get a cutie mark?”

“In my world we never could, but who is to say it’s not possible here I mean I grew wings why not gain a cutie mark?”

“Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh, you should totally join our club then,” Sweetie Belle said recovering from the tickle attack.

“Yeah you can come by our club house any time” Scootaloo said excitedly.

“I dunno girls maybe we should ask Rarity she is the boss after all”

Instantly the girls appeared at Rarity’s hoofs and looked up at her with puppy dog eyes.

“It’s fine by me, but ask Twilight and Applejack first to get their permission.” Rarity conceded.

With that the excited little fillies dashed from the room to accomplish their goal.

“You sure that’s wise?” Nigel asked.

“Whatever do you mean?”

“Well, your Princess didn’t seem too happy about me being here when these things grew,” pointing to his wings.

“Well, I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about besides I saw how you treated the kids.”

“Thanks Rarity... Oh before I forget can you do me a favour?”

“Sure darling what is it?

“Do you have a map of the area I could borrow?

“No sorry but, Twilight should do why not go visit her in the library?”

“Thanks... ummmm one more favour please?”

“What is it?”

“How do I get to the library from here?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later Nigel finally arrived at the library and knocked on the door.

“Coming,” Spike’s voice came from the other side of the door.

Opening the door Spike looked around and saw nopony there he shrugged it off and closed the door thinking it was one of Pinkie and Rainbow Dashes pranks.

—30 seconds earlier—

“Look there he is!” One of the voices announced.

“Quick get him!” The second one yelled.

“Ah can’t wait to tell him,” The third said running towards him.

Like a flash they were in leaping range of him they all jumped...

“Oomph” Is all he said as he flew sideways with the three voices...

—Back to present—

“Got ya again Nigel!” Apple Bloom said.

“And still no cutie marks.” Sweetie Belle added.

“Will you two get off me?” Scootaloo said lying on the bottom of the three filly pile on.

“Get off you? How about getting off me?” Nigel asked with a smile.

The three fillies climbed off Nigel and stood next to him.

“Well, that happened, so what’s up girls?”

“Well, we talked to Twilight and Applejack and they agreed you can join,” Sweetie Belle said jumping on the spot.

“Join... oh, right the club.” Nigel remembered.

“Yeah can you come by the clubhouse tomorrow for the initiation?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Sorry tomorrow I can’t I’m with Fluttershy I’m going to see if I can fly with these things.”

“Fly!?” They said together.

“Yeah being that I have wings I thought I may give it a shot, what about you Scootaloo can you fly yet?”

“N..No I was hoping Rainbow Dash would teach me but she always seems to busy.” She looked down and started to hoof the ground.

“Well, why not come with me tomorrow and learn the basics from Fluttershy? Rainbow Dash said she would later teach me the more advance moves so I don’t see why she wouldn’t teach you as well.”

“Really?!” Scootaloo looked up with a wide smile on her face.

“Sure I’m sure Fluttershy wouldn’t mind she seems the kind of person who will help anybody, I mean pony who asked for help, so ill meet you at Fluttershy’s cottage then at midday?.”

“Sure! See you then.” Scootaloo said, the Cutie Mark Crusaders then ran off to do some more crusading.

“Right let’s try this again.” He said knocking on the door to the library again.

“I got it Spike,” this time it was Twilight’s voice, “Oh hi Nigel what are you doing here?”

“Hi Twilight I was wondering if you have a map of the area I would like to get to know my surrounding better.”

“Oh sure come on in I think we have one somewhere, oh hi Pinkie.”

Nigel looked behind him and jumped a few spaces back, there was Pinkie Pie right behind him.

“How do you do that, you’re like a spy!” Nigel said holding his hand to his chest.

“Oh hi Nigel I don’t have time to play right now I need Twilight’s help with something.”

“You? Pinkamina Pie, have a problem?” Twilight asked sounding shocked.

“Well, I was trying out a new name for myself Pinkamenax anyway that’s not why I’m here...”

“Hmmm sound serious, Nigel do you mind, Spike is on his way with the map.” Twilight said walking into the next room with Pinkie.

“Hey Nigel how have you been? Sorry I couldn’t visit you in hospital Twilight keeps me busy around here here’s the map you wanted.” Spike said walking down the stairs.

“Feeling much better thanks so how did you know I wanted the map I don’t recall Twilight asking you for it.”

Spike puffed out his chest proudly, “Well, what do you expect from her number one assistant.”

“Alright then can I have a look at it?”

“Sure this map is based from the centre of town, it’s quite detailed.”

“Awesome this will be a big help thanks Spike.” Giving Spike a fist bump he turned and walked out and opened the map.

“Hmmm there seems to be a pool of water close by, might be a good place to stay for the night.” Talking to himself and looking at the map he didn’t notice the stare’s from the stallions and mares nor did he notice the runaway cart until the last moment, he raised his hands instinctively and came into contact with the wood causing him to be pushed back, his feet grinding against the dirt road slowing the carts progress until it completely stopped.

“This must be one of those days...”

“And what kind of day is that?” A voice came from the other side of the wagon

“Hey Applejack just a day were random things keep happening.”

“Ha, everypony has those kinds of days except Pinkie who seems to be like that every day, anyway thanks for stopping ma wagon I was load’n it up with ma apples and it just seemed to roll away on its own.”

“Oh well no harm done, want a hand with loading your wagon?”

“That’s might kind of ya, but I can manage I’m sure you have better things to do than help me out.”

“Not really I was just gonna go explore the area a little so I may as well help it’s on my way.”

“Well, shoot if you insist I guess I can’t turn that down can I”

Wheeling the cart back to where Applejack was selling her apples they got to work loading them up talking about how their days have been, and before they both knew it they were at Sweet Apple Acres.

“Thank ya kindly for the help would you like to come in for sum supper?

“Sure if you don’t mind I’m so hungry I could eat a hor... errr barn.”

“Come on up then I’ll introduce ya to the family.”

As they walked up to the house Apple Bloom, who was looking out the window waiting for her sister to return, saw them walking up the path and darted to the front door.

“Hi Nigel!” She said excitedly and jumped up at him, seeing it coming this time he was able to catch her.

“Hiya Apple Bloom this time I’ve caught you,” He said with a smile.

“Hay what about your sister don’t I get a hug?” Applejack said poking her sister.

Apple Bloom jumped from Nigel’s hands to Applejack’s back and gave her a big hug.

“Alright now Apple Bloom that’s enough your not as small as you used to be can ya go tell granny Smith that well need another place set at the table?”

“You’re staying here tonight Nigel?” Apple Bloom asked with stars in her eyes.

“Not that I’m aware of just for dinner I wanted to check out this lake on the map I saw see if I could camp out there.”

“Awww shucks sugercube didn’t anyone tell ya, there’s gonna be a rain storm tonight you can’t be outside tonight it’ll be the death of ya,” Applejack told him.

“Dang it, know anywhere I could stay for shelter for the night?”

“Sorry sugar there’s no room in the house, but you’re more than welcome to stay in the barn tonight if ya want?”

“Sure if you don’t mind?”

“Aint no trouble, after all you did save our cart now c’mon let’s get some food I’m starved.”

After clearing up the misunderstanding with granny Smith who thought that Nigel was an alien who came to eat their brains. They sat down and ate dinner big Mac told Applejack how his work went today whilst granny Smith kept one eye on Nigel the entire time.

“Thanks for the food.” Nigel said after he had finished eating.

“No problem better our food than our brains,” granny Smith responded.

“Now granny we told ya that he ain't here to eat our brains, right big Mac?” Applejack said.

“Eeyup.”

“Anyway I’ll show you where the barn is if ya need anything just holler.”

Applejack lead Nigel to the barn and bid him good night as she turned to leave Nigel called out to her.

“Being that this is a farm and all I’m guessing you’ll be up at sunrise?”

“Yeah, that’s how it normally works why?”

“No reason, but would you mind waking me up if I’m awake already?”

“Sure thing sugar, sleep well.”

“You too,” Nigel said closing the door to the barn.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nigel slept all through the storm and woke up buried inside the hay he was sleeping on.

“Morning Nigel I see you slept well.” Apple Bloom shouted from the barn door seeing just his legs sticking out of the hay pile.

“Fine thanks... umm... I seem to be stuck,” trying to pull himself up only to sink slightly deeper into the pile.

“I’ll lend you a hoof” Running over to Nigel she grabbed one of his legs and pulled, slowly he started to appear more and more from the pile.

“Thanks Apple Bloom, you’re awfully strong for a filly.”

Blushing a little she replied “Aww shucks twernt nothing special I’m just strong from all the farm work I do.”

“Well it shows, guess I’d better head off now and make my way to Fluttershy’s cottage.”

“Aww do ya have to leave so soon?”

“Afraid I do Apple Bloom, I still have to find my way there and I wouldn't mind exploring a little as well.”

“Alright then will ya come back here and tell me how it went?”

“Sure if not later ill come by tomorrow, don’t forget I still have the initiation to go through,” with that he walked out the barn and left to look for Fluttershy’s cottage.

After walking around town for ten minutes he started to notice that some of the ponies were staring at him, making eye contact with some of them he noticed that some of them greeted him warmly, but most looked at him with a mix of fear and curiosity, he decided that what the other ponies thought of him didn’t matter much as long they didn’t start a mob and start to chase him.

He thought to himself, “well that will never happen these people all seem friendly.”

Looking up at the sun he notices it’s almost noon he asked a passing light blue pony for directions.

“Excuse me mind telling me how to get to Fluttershy’s cottage?”

“Me? You dare ask me, the GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE such a simple question?”

“Err...”

“Ha, look at how the creature is powerless at my power!”

“That’s enough now Trixie I thought we worked on how you should talk to everypony?” A Dark brown pegasus with bandaged wings scolded her.

“But this creature isn't a pony he’s a... um what are you creature?”

“He’s a human Trixie,” Bright Ideas said walking towards them.

“Okay you have got to tell me how you seem to come out of nowhere like that,” the pegasus said.

“Someday Broadsword it’s more fun this way.” Bright Ideas said with a sly smile.

“Sorry to interrupt guys, but would you mind telling me how to get to Fluttershy’s cottage? I’m running a little late,” Nigel interrupted.

Bright Ideas pointed the way to Fluttershy’s cottage and Nigel left in a hurry.

“It seems like a few things have changed since we were last here Bright.”

“You have no idea Broad, come ill treat you and Trixie to some hay-shakes and tell you about what’s happened.”

Arriving at Fluttershy’s cottage just as the clock tower struck noon he saw that Fluttershy was waiting outside for him.

“Hi Fluttershy have you seen Scootaloo I invited her to join us I hope you don’t mind.”

Oh no it’s alright Scootaloo has been here since dawn, she got a bit overexcited so she went to lie down in my butterfly grove, oh here she comes now.” Fluttershy told him in her usual quiet voice.

“Hiya Nigel are you ready for today? And thanks Fluttershy that grove is a great place to relax,” Scootaloo greeted them.

“Yeah I’m ready my wings have been itching to fly for days.”

“Try waiting as long as I have then.”

“Alright my little flyers let’s start with a few basic wing movements spread out your wings as far out as you can and feel the wind flow through your feathers.”

Following Fluttershy’s instructions the pair spread their wings and felt the wind flowing through their feathers they both felt the adrenaline starting to build up they wanted to fly they NEEDED to fly, to reach the clouds and touch them, to feel the cool wind that could only be felt at height’s only known to those who belong to the sky flow through their hair.

Fluttershy watched their reactions she had seen it many times on the all the baby birds she had taught to fly.

“Alright now when you feel ready flap your wings slowly and build up speed.”

Scootaloo was the first to start flapping her wings slowly rising until she was just level with the height of the cottage.

“I..I’m doing it IM FLYING look Nigel I’m doing it.” Scootaloo looked down at Nigel who was standing there with his eyes closed and wings raised at full height.

Concentrating Nigel felt the wind flow through his feathers, Adrenalin pumping through his body, he tensed him muscles and lowered his wings and took off like a rocket.

“HOLY CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.......”

Author's Note:

Alright readers thanks for reading and commenting for chapter 3 i need names of some of your ponies i need to know

Their race ( No alicorns please)

Their talent and cutie mark

Their color of body and mane

just send me some mail or leave a comment below

and lastly while i wait for some of your descriptions ill be writing a side story about pinkie's chase so the 3rd chapter will be out early next month or late this month

and as usual please point out any errors you see so i can correct thanks

RandomJamesH