• Published 2nd Jan 2013
  • 2,818 Views, 89 Comments

The new arrival - RandomJamesH



A human literally falls into Equestria and the pony who finds him fist is none other than Lyra let the fun begin

  • ...
17
 89
 2,818

The arrival (chapter 1)

Chapter 1: The arrival

The Stars filled the sky tonight, the moon was full and not a single cloud was in the sky.

"Princess Luna really outdid herself tonight," the aquamarine unicorn thought to herself.

She was sitting on a rock near a pool of water so clear it looked like there was two moons, The unicorn looked up at the night sky and started playing her instrument as the last few notes vanished into the night, the unicorn looked up at the sky once more and sighed deeply.

"No one ever believes me those creatures do exist."

With one last glance at the moon she got up and started to walk back home.

BOOM!

The sound pierced through the silence of the night making the unicorn jumped several feet into the air, she recovered quickly and started to looked around trying to find were the noise came from until a shadow in the moons face caught her eye, she stared at it mesmerized until it dawned on her that the shadow was closing in on her. Fast! She quickly ran behind the rock she was just sitting on for cover and peered over the top to watch the shadow approach, the shadow had a strange shape and didn't look it was flying more like it was falling.

"It IS falling," as soon as the mare realized it was falling she started to panic.

"WhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdo," the mare couldn't think straight then it struck her maybe she could slow it down she focused on the shadow and tried to slow it down with her magic, she reached out and started to push with her magic for it only to be shattered as soon as the shadow came into contact with it.

"It's moving too fast," she gasped, looking around to see if there was anything else she could do to slow it down then her eyes fell onto the pool.

"Hmm maybe I could push it into that," she mumbled she summoned as much magic as she could and forced it onto the shadow forcing it to move into the path of the pool.

SPLASH!

The shadow fell into the pool causing a massive wave to erupt from the point of impact spraying the mare with water, shaking the water out of her mane she looked at the pool of water to see the shadow floating on top, quickly she dashed into the pool and dragged the shadow onto the shore and looked down at the shadow.

"Sweet Celestia I knew I was right the creatures do exist," the mare exclaimed as she was looking down at a human!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The boy coughed up some water and slowly opened his eyes and saw two orange moons in the sky.

"That isn't right," the boy thought to himself, shaking his head he looked again and noticed that they were a pair of eyes blinking a few times the boy asked

"What happened?"

The eyes looked confused so he asked again, but this time he heard what he said this time what meant to come out as what happened came out as.

"Whurfhgthapende," the boy cleared his throat and asked again.

"What happened?"

"There was a loud boom and you fell from the sky," the eyes replied.

"I fell from the SKY? How did I survive?!"

"Oh that was me I pushed you into the water with my magic."

"Really? Thanks I guess I should intro... wait did you say magic?"

"Yes don't you have magic were you came from human?

"No and human? Aren't you human as well?

"No I'm a pony my name is Lyra Heartstrings."

The boy looked away from the orange eyes and looked at the pony, her coat was an aqua color and her mane was a light blue with white highlights and on her flank was a lyre, but what drew the boys attention was the horn on her head.

"You said you were a pony right?"

"Yes and you're a human right?"

"Yes I am but how do you..But were am... who...wha," the boy passed out.

"O... oh dear are you all right?" Lyra asked looking at the young human.

All these years other ponies mocked her for believing humans are real and constantly made fun of her because of this and yet here one is lying right in front of her...A human...is...right...here

"A HUMAN!" She shouted as it suddenly dawned on her after so many years of searching one literally drops into her hoof, excitedly she starts to examine the human prodding his stomach and head to see if he was really there after several pokes and jabs she noticed his arms and at the end of his arms.

"HANDS! YES HE HAS HANDS!" She was so excited she almost fainted as well.

"Okay Lyra calm down lets figure out what's going on," she looks at the human again taking a good look at him, he has a brown mane that only covers top of his head she lifts up an eyelid and notices his eyes are brown, and his torn shirt was soaked through, fearing he will catch a cold she goes to remove his shirt, but is unable to get it off him so instead she rips it off with her magic.

"Well, it was torn anyway," she justifies to herself she then notices his trousers are wet too.

"No I'm not THAT curious... or am I?... No... no I'm not."

Lyra looks around and notices that there are some twigs and leafs nearby and realized she should have made a fire before ripping his shirt.

"Oh well ill apologize to him when he wakes up," she decided whilst she collected the things for the fire.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight Sparkle was doing some late night studying about how nocturnal creatures behave when she heard a massive splash come from the nearby pond everypony liked to swim in, normally the purple unicorn would have thought it was somepony having a late night swim but she saw the splash from here, sensing that something was wrong she started to run towards the pond.

When Twilight arrived at the pond she saw Lyra collecting sticks and some leafs, rushing over to see if she saw the splash Twilight saw Lyra glance back at the edge of the pond following her gaze she saw a shadow of what seemed like a weird shaped log until it started to move, Lyra ran back to the shadows side dropping the sticks and leafs she was carrying, Twilight decided to hide and see if she could figure out what was going on hiding behind a boulder she watched Lyra and the shadow with eyes that only a person who has had years of observation training could do, she noticed every little detail like how Lyra seemed to just sit there and watch the shadow occasionally looking around or shifting herself into a more comfortable position, were as the shadow just lay there try as she might Twilight just couldn't make out what sort of creature the shadow was she decided to go in for a closer look...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyra had sat with the human for about an hour now watching over him making sure he didn't come any harm she was going to start a fire but as she was collecting the twigs and leafs she saw him stir and ran back to see if he was awake.
"Lyra what's going on here?" A voice coming from behind her causing her to jump looking behind her she sees its Twilight.
"Oh thank goodness it's Twilight she should be able to help"

"Twilight thank goodness your here this human fell out of the sky and passed out here and he hasn't woke up for about an hour," Lyra explained.

"Lyra humans don't exist I'm sure it's just some creature from the Ever... Ever... What is that thing? I've never come across something like this in my studies!" noticing the creature on the ground.

"Well, maybe if you listened to me before then you could have found out more about them I mean they appear often in the Everfree forest!"

"Lyra now is not the time for this we need to figure out what to do with this thing."

"This THING is a human and we have to take him somewhere he can rest comfortably!"

"Fine well take the human to my house its closest, but we'll have to make sure no pony sees us with it."

"Him."

"Him?"

"Yes Him at least I think its male from the sound of his voice when we spoke."

"You spoke to him?"

"Yes I'll tell you on the way to yours it's almost sun rise."

The pair of unicorns levitated the human and started to walk back to Twilight's house, on the way Lyra explained what she had believed humans did and what their world was like and the conversation she had with the human she was now carrying.

Being careful not to show the human to anypony that may be awake for various reasons, Lyra and Twilight quickly took the unconscious human into the tree library being careful not to wake spike and laid him on the sofa in the main room, Twilight then proceeded to examine the human.

"Lyra you said he fell from the sky right?"

"Yes and he fell into the pond why?"

"Well, I just checked him over and he doesn't seem to be injured there's no broken bones or cuts not even a bruise!"
"What?! I didn't know humans could heal that fast when I got him out of the lake his chest was covered in bruises how did I not notice on the way back?"

"You was probably to busy keeping an eye out for anypony that would notice him, anyway maybe we should try to make sure he doesn't wake up for a while."
"Why?"

"I need to know if he's a danger to other ponies and I'd rather find out whilst he's unconscious."
"Alright Twilight but don't hurt him okay?"

"I won't I learnt a spell that will let me look at the mind of other creatures I touch with my horn I was hoping I'd never need to use this spell though," Twilight turned and looked at Lyra and smiled sadly, she then preceded to walk over to the human and knelt next to the him and focused her magic on her horn and lowered it to his forehead and started to prepare herself for what she might see.

Twilight's horn touched the humans head and the spell started to do its work she saw what he was dreaming about from now to when he fell unconscious it was weird seeing thoughts that wasn't her own, but what was weirder was the fact that the boy only dreamt of flying in the sky with mismatched color wings one black one white, Pushing the image away Twilight saw the conversation he had with Lyra the conversation was quite comical, she to push further into his memories and saw what sort of life he had.

The human's memories of his life rushed through Twilight's mind she saw that he always tried his best at whatever he did whether playing games or schoolwork she tried searching his memories for how he ended up in Equestria but she couldn't find anything about that, Twilight searched his mind for a few more minutes seeing that he wasn't a threat to anypony she started to stop her spell, as she pulled away her horn from the human she found herself staring into a pair of brown colored eyes.

The human was awake!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Staring into a pair of deep purple eyes the human started to come to and sat up on the sofa, after a few minutes of sitting there he finally spoke.

"So, I'm in Equestria then."

Twilight and Lyra just stood there in silence and glanced at each other.

"How do you know this is Equestria when you just arrived here a few hours ago?" Twilight asked.

"That spell you cast worked both ways as you looked in my mind I was saw images of yours and got the gist of where I am."
"Wait you saw my past?" Twilight said blushing.

"Well, only the last few days, you work really hard at your studies maybe you should take a day off?"

Twilight stood there stunned not only did the human who knew nothing about magic was able to use her own spell against her without her noticing but he was also concerned about her well-being, pushing this thought to the back of her mind so she could ponder more about it later.

"Yes well ill think about it... By the way you seem awfully calm about being here."

"Well, I'm here now why should I freak out over something I can't change?"

"Well, that's one way to look at it I suppose."

The room fell silent as the mares thought about how to handle the situation then suddenly Lyra realized that they didn't even know the humans name.

"By the way what is your name?" Lyra asked

"Oh how rude of me, my name is Nigel if I remember correctly from our last conversation your name was Lyra correct?"
"Yes I'm glad you remembered you seemed a bit errrr..."

"Crazy? Yeah.. not my finest moment was it," he said laughing.

As the moon was setting and the sun rising the unicorns asked questions about what his world was like they kept questioning till the sun was fully risen.

"Twilight have you been up all night studying again?" A fourth voice came from upstairs, Twilight instantly perked up and rushed over to the human and pushing him off the sofa causing him to flip off it and onto the floor.

"What was that sound?" the baby purple dragon asked standing at the top of the stairs.

"Nothing Spike I just knocked over some books, go back to bed"

"Nah I'm awake now might as well make some breakfast. Oh hi Lyra I didn't see you there your here early do you need help with anything?

"No thanks Spike I just came and asked Twilight for some help"

"Okay do you want some breakfast?

Before she could answer Nigel let out a groan.

"What was that noise?" Spike asked.

"Ouch! Twilight why did you do that?" Nigel said standing up "Oh look a dragon... your Twilight's assistant Spike right?

"Uh Twilight what is that thing and how does it know who I am?"

"To answer the questions in order; the reason I did that was because I didn't want Spike to find you because he can be skittish at times, and this spike is a Nigel a human he knows who you are because he looked into my mind when I looked into his."

"Wow a human guess you wasn't crazy after all Lyra."

"Gee thanks Spike" Lyra replied with some annoyance.

"No problem," Spike replied not picking up the tone "anyway I'm still hungry I'm going to cook breakfast anypony want anything?"

"Sure," the three of them replied.

"Mind if I come with you I'd love to see how you prepare food in this world."

"Sure I could do with an extra pair of hoofs I mean hands," leading Nigel into the kitchen leaving Lyra and Twilight alone.

"We may have a problem on our hoofs here Lyra," Twilight said once Nigel was in the other room

"Why Nigel seems friendly and wouldn't do anypony any harm."

"I know, but if other ponies see him it may cause a panic."

"I see, but he can't stay here ponies come here for books often somepony is bound to see him"

"I know ill contact the princess and ask what we should do, but there may be a way to hide him so he can walk around town without anypony noticing he's a human."

"Really how?"

"There's a spell that can change the appearance of whatever its cast on into a pony all I need is a strand of your hair for it to work" Twilight explained.

"Okay, but why my hair why not yours?"

"Simple because you're the first creature he met when he woke up and second having a hair pulled out hurts and I don't like pain and thirdly..." Before saying another word Twilight pulled out a strand of Lyra's mane, "I already have a piece of your hair."

"Ouch you're mean when you don't sleep Twilight," Lyra said, her eyes watering from the pain.

Focusing the magic on her horn again, Twilight cast the enchantment on the hair causing it to glow with a golden light, once she cast the spell she called for Nigel and Spike to come back into the room the pair came back in laughing loudly Nigel was holding his sides from laughter.

"So... the poison joke did... that to them?" Nigel asked through fits of laughter.

"Yeah I'll tell you the rest of the story later" Spike answer with a grin on his face.

"What are you to laughing about?" Twilight asked.

"Nothing much Twilight... Flopple" Nigel replied causing him and spike to fall into another fit of laughter
"Ah I see he told you that story," Twilight said with a look of annoyance on her face, Nigel caught a glimpse of the face through his tears from laughing so hard and instantly got his composure back sitting there in silence and nudged Spike to get him to stop.

"Are you two done?" She asked with authority in her voice.

"Ma'am yes ma'am" The two replied standing up straight.

"Good Spike go and finish breakfast I need to speak with Nigel."

"Yes ma'am," Spike saluted and ran off into the kitchen.

"Now Nigel, Lyra and I have come up with a plan to change your appearance so you can walk about town without causing a panic we are going to put an enchantment on you so you'll turn into a pony."

"Okay it's not permanent is it?

"No it will only be active for as long as you have this strand of Lyra's hair in your hair." Twilight explained levitating the strand up to his head and tied it around his hair, instantly Nigel started to glow white and floated a few feet in the air and started to take a more pony-like shape suddenly a bright white light filled the room causing Lyra and Twilight to shield their eyes, after the light subsided the mares looked at were Nigel was standing before now a Brown coloured pony stood there rubbing his eyes.

"Okay I don't want to do that again that felt really weird," Nigel lowered his arms and heard a gasp come from Twilight and Lyra, "what's wrong?" he asked in a panic looking around for a mirror.

"Oh its nothing... it's just... Well, you tell him Twilight," Lyra kept looking around the room trying to avoid eye contact with Nigel blushing furiously.

"Well, its... umm well you make a VERY handsome stallion is all" Twilight said blushing as well.

"Breakfast is ready," Spike said walking in from the kitchen "whoa where did Nigel go and who is this guy?"

"Spike it's me Nigel, Twilight made me into a pony so I can fit in better," Turning around to face Spike causing his jaw to drop.
"Whoa you make one heck of a stallion Nigel."

"Thanks Spike do you need a hand, well I suppose it would be hoof now, with breakfast?"

"No thanks it's all set up and ready on the table in the kitchen" Spike said walking back into the kitchen.

"Well, let's get something to eat shall we, after you ladies," Nigel said bowing the mares through the doors.

After much difficulty of trying to pick up his fork with his hoofs he gave up and just dived in face first into his meal after eating it all he raised his head to find his three companions staring at him smiling sheepishly he said.

"Sorry I was starving"

"It's alright," Twilight said smiling, "I have a feeling you will get along with a certain pink pony I know of."

"You have a have a hayfry in your mane," Lyra pointed out, still blushing slightly.

Blushing slightly Nigel ran a hoof through his mane and the hayfry dropped out onto the plate.

"You gonna eat that? Spike asked and before Nigel could answer Spike pick up the hayfry and burnt it with his fire then ate it, "whew I am stuffed" letting out a large belch.

"Spike! Show some manners we have guests" Twilight scolded.

"It's alright Twilight in some place where I am from that's a compliment it means the food was good and that you are full." Nigel explained.

"Yes well after a compliment such as lovely as that he wouldn't mind doing the washing up."

"Awwwww come on Twilight I was only messing around."

"If you do the washing up I'll let you go and visit Rarity to see if she needs any help at the boutique."

"Deal, don't worry my sweet Rarity, noble Spike will come and save you from the tyrant known as work!"

Twilight turned to Lyra and Nigel, "Sorry Spike gets like this when Rarity's involved."

"Its ok everypony in ponyville knows how he feels about Rarity." Lyra whispered to Twilight.

"Boutique? As in clothes? Pony's wear clothes?"

"Yes is there something wrong?" Lyra asked

"No I wanna see what sort of clothes you all like to wear!"

"Well, we wear the same sort of clothes you do."

"So, trousers?"

"Yes."

"Shirts, hats?"

"Yes and yes."

"Socks?"

"So... socks!? Lyra stammered Blushing a bright shade of red, "well y...Yes we do but there more of a.. Umm seductive piece of clothing over here." blushing even more now.

"Oh... um better not ask about them then," Nigel blushing even more than Lyra an awaked silence filled the room except for Spike still in his fantasy world talking to his "Lady Rarity" until Twilight broke the silence.

"Well, I suppose you can go provided you promise not to draw any attention to yourself and you come straight back here after you have finished their..."

"Wohoo"

"AFTER you help Spike with the washing up."

"Awwwwww."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyra and Nigel were walking over to Rarity's boutique, Spike had rushed on ahead under the pretence that he will tell her that they were going to visit and Twilight decided to try to get some sleep. On the way Lyra asked Nigel questions about the human world.

"Yes they areeee um Lyra is it just me or is everyone staring at us?" Nigel asked looking around.

Lyra started to nudge a stone on the ground "Well, other than Bon-Bon my roommate, Twilight and her friends nopony really talks to me because they all think I'm crazy believing in humans," Tears started to fill her eyes.

"Hey, don't cry I believe you and you were right all along." Nigel said trying to cheer her up.

"Well, of course you would believe humans exist it would be weird if you didn't all things considering, but thanks I feel a better now, come on were almost there." She smiled at Nigel and started walking again.

As the door opened to the door the boutique a bell rang signalling that there was a customer.

"Hello Rarity, Spike are you here?" Lyra asked loudly.

"Yes darling I will be with you in a minute I'm just making some changes to my little sister's dress, Spike darling be a dear and go see who is there." A voice with a posh accent answered.

"Yes Rarity" Spike replied his voice full of admiration, "Oh hey guys you took your time getting here I was beginning to think you weren't coming."

"Spike who is it?" Rarity called.

"Its Lyra and Nigel"

"Oh yes you did mention Lyra and her new friend was coming to visit."

Walking into the room Rarity had a small dress levitated in front of her; she walked over to the counter and laid it down carefully.

"There now that's all set for Sweetie Belle's birthday present sorted," she turned to face Lyra and Nigel "Oh my, well Lyra you certainly know how to pick them he's one fine-looking stallion."

"What!" Lyra and Nigel said in unison both their faces going bright red.

"No were just friends, really!" Lyra said.

"Well, then I suppose you wouldn't mind if I courted him then he is one fine stallion," walking towards Nigel.

"Wh... what? Nigel stuttered walking backwards until he hit a wall, now his and Rarity faces were only inches away before she cracked a smile.

"Oh relax darling I was only having a bit of fun," she turned and walked back to the counter

"Oh thank goodness" Nigel heard Spike mutter under his breath.

"Besides, I already have a stallion that I have my eye on." Rarity said.

"WHAT!" Spike yelled causing everypony to look at him, "err I mean what's his name?"

"A lady doesn't reveal her secrets so easily you know that Spike."

Just then the door to the shop rang again and a stallion with a white coat and purple mane wearing a hat a shirt walked into the shop.

"Good morning everypony how is your morning faring?" Asked the unicorn stallion.

"Oh Bright I didn't know you were coming in today I would have tidied up more, oh I look such a mess," Rarity fretted.
"Rarity its fine don't worry and you look as beautiful as always besides I'm here to see if my jacket was ready yet."
"Not yet darling it will be finished this afternoon."

"Alright ill come back then if that's alright?"

"Oh going so soon?" Rarity said looking a bit upset by his quick visit.

"Yes I'm afraid to say your sisters group has somehow got me to help them with their mission to get there cutie marks honestly I'm a sucker for the puppy dog eyes trick," Bright gave a smile to the group, "Well, I suppose I'll see you all later," turning and walking to the door just before he opened it he stopped.

"Oh before I forget I got a message from Broadsword asking if you could make him some more sword holsters and packs for him he'll be back in three days with Trixie."

"Sure tell him ill have them ready by the time he is here, but I don't know why anypony would travel around with her she not exactly miss personality is she."

"Well, he does love her." As soon as he said that Bright went stiff and he seemed to go even whiter than he was before "Oh no Oh no Oh no quick hide me Rarity," he panicked and darted behind the counter his hoofs over his head trembling.
"Bright whatever are you doing dar..."

"BRIGHT IDEAS YOU BROKE A PINKIE PROMISE!!!!" A voice full of rage came from outside causing everypony in the shop to jump with fright the only one who didn't look at the door was Bright Ideas who was still hiding behind the counter.
The door burst open and a bright pink mare stood in the doorway so angry you could literally see fire In her eyes.

"WHERE ARE YOU BRIGHT I KNOW YOUR IN HERE!" The pink mare scanned the room and noticed Nigel gave a massive gasp and ran off as fast as she appeared.

"Who the heck was that" Nigel asked to the room.

"That was Pinkie pie a VERY energetic mare who is probably the only pony you don't ever want to make angry something darling Bright here seems to of done" Rarity explained.

"Is she gone? Bright asked his hat and eyes peering over the counter.

"Yes darling she's gone mind telling us what that was about?"

"Well, I made a pinkie promise with Broadsword not to tell anyone how he feels about Trixie until he told her how he feels and well as you can guess I kind of just broke that promise." Bright explained.

"Well, you know you should go and try to talk about it to pinkie you don't want her to be mad at you remember what happened to the last pony who didn't apologize to her when they broke a pinkie promise."

Bright gave shudder "I know I think there still cleaning up from that party."

"I think they just finished cleaning their house took an entire month to clean after her what was it "a super dooper party extravaganza sorry for breaking a pinkie promise a lying about it party," it was a good party though." Rarity chuckled.

"Yeah tell that to Diamond Tiara and Filthy Rich who had to clean it all up, anyway who is this stallion who saved me from the pink wrath?"

"Me? I didn't really do anything, but my names Nigel."

"Hmmm Nigel huh, there's something about you that seems... off," Nigel looked over to Lyra who looked anxious about something, Bright Ideas walked around Nigel like a shark circling his prey, finally his eyes fell onto the single strand of blue hair in his all brown mane.

"Lyra I would like a word if you please?" He turned to Rarity, "Rarity would you be a dear and let us borrow your design room so we can talk in private?" Bright said.

"I can do better than that, Spike will you please put the close sign up on the shop? I know you well enough that your sudden change of personality means something is up."

Spike ran over to the door and changed the sign to closed.

Bright looked Rarity in the eyes "Are you sure you want to hear this if what I think is true you may want to be ignorant of the situation."

"Its fine I am the element of generosity remember if the situation is dire I would prefer to be well-informed before it's out of control"

"Very well, Lyra what creature is this he isn't a pony."

Lyra and Nigel looked at each other and then Spike spoke up.

"You might as well tell him else it would only get worse besides if Rarity trusts him so do I."

"Spike you know who he is?" Bright asked.

"Yeah so does Twilight she put the spell on him to look like a pony and did some spell to see if he was good or bad."

"Well, being that Twilight examined you it seems you're a good guy and being that Lyra's with you must be a human correct?"

Lyra's mouth just dropped "How did you figure that out from just a few minutes?"

"Elementary my dear I deducted that his stance isn't a stance that is normal for a stallion his age, and his single blue strand of hair in an all brown mane meant it was placed there and the most important clue that I received was that Twilight told me before I came here when I went to return a book this morning," Bright just fell back laughing, "The look on your faces was priceless."

"A human? Lyra you're not crazy after all isn't that wonderful darling!"

"Gee thanks Rarity." Lyra said sarcastically.

They spent the next ten minutes talking about what to do next and agreeing that no one else needs to know about this.
Suddenly a scream came from outside the shop everypony in the shop sat up and was looking out the window to see what was going on, but all they could see was smoke, instinctively they all ran out of the shop to see how they could help.

"Where is this smoke coming from?" Lyra asked.

"Over there!" Spike said pointing down the street were ponies were gathering with buckets "I'll go get buckets," he added.

The other four ran towards the smoke ready to help anyway they could when they got there they could see the fire was in full flare.

"Quick form a line from the well to here space evenly pass the buckets to each other." Bright ordered the ponies who quickly moved into place "Rarity go find Rainbow dash and get her to..."

"No need I'm right here," the Blue Pegasus called from the sky

"Good go find some rain clouds we could use to help put out this fire!"

"On it," she quickly dashed off to find the clouds they needed"

"HELP!!!" A voice came from the burning building, without hesitation Nigel quickly grabbed a bucket of water and doused himself with it and started to run into the building.

"NIGEL WAIT!" Bright shouted but he was already gone inside.

Inside the building the fire was intense and the smoke was thick.

"WERE ARE YOU! Nigel shouted and started coughing breathing in some smoke.

"HELP I'M UPSTAIRS," the voice replied.

"ALRIGHT I'M COMING STAY WHERE YOU ARE!"

Looking around for the stairs he noticed that the support beams of the house were starting to weaken noticing the stairs he ran directly to them and walked up them he didn't want them to give way underhoof and cause him to be trapped as well reaching the top of the stairs he looked around and noticed three rooms he shouted again.

"I'M UPSTAIRS WHAT ROOM ARE YOU IN!?

"IN HERE!"

The voice came from the room above the front door

"Of course, it had to be the furthest away damn you life you don't like making it easy do you?"

"ALRIGHT I'M COMING!"

Rushing towards the room he the voice was coming from he heard the stairs collapse.

"Great we're not getting out that way"

Barging into the door forcing it open caused the top of the door frame to fall singe his mane

"That was a close one", he muttered to himself, "I'M HERE WERE ARE YOU?!"

"UNDER THE BED PLEASE HELP ME!"

Kneeling down and looking under the bed he spotted the orange filly curled up into a ball

"Come on we need to get out of here"

"I can't move I'm too scared"

"Look we need to get out of here now if we don't we die, I need you to trust me I will get us out of here alive okay?"

He held out a hoof to the orange filly, the filly nodded and grabbed his hoof with her own he pulled her out from under the bed and held her under his hoof.

"Do you trust me?" he asked her.

"I...I do" She replied

"Okay then hold on tight and don't let go."

She held onto his leg whilst he charged at the window jumped and turned in the air shielding the filly with his body, the window smashed as he came into contact with it and he heard the crowd gasp and screamed as they saw the brown pony jump from the window he yelled.

"SOMEPONY CATCH HER!" With that he threw the filly into the crowd instantly a Rainbow dash streaked past and caught the filly in mid-air.

"I got you Scootaloo don't worry" she said

Smiling to himself Nigel fell into unconsciousness just before he hit the ground Lyra mustered her magic and tried to catch Nigel before he hit the ground, but was too late all she did was cushion the impact he would survive but it would hurt for weeks.

The clouds Rainbow dash had gathered were putting out the fire and the crowd of ponies gathered around Nigel, his hair was still singeing.

Lyra shouted "SOMEPONY GO GET NURSE REDHEART!"

What Lyra didn't notice was that the blue strand of hair was about to fall off due to the singeing when she noticed it was too late it was already separated from the now glowing brown stallion.

The crowd let out a gasp as the pony that had just saved the young filly was now changing shape before their own eyes back into his human form!

Author's Note:

Well i made some changes if you spot any more errors please let me know thanks