• Published 1st Jan 2013
  • 2,078 Views, 25 Comments

Maybe and... - Fat1thatyoulove

  • ...
2
 25
 2,078

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 (Rule 1…food)

Twilight calls back up to you “Do you want some help getting down?”

The truth is you probably do but your reply says otherwise “I can do this.” You look at the first step and swallow hard as you place your hoof on the first step. You place each hoof very carefully as you make your descent down the staircase. You know there is only about fifteen stairs but if feels like hundreds as you still slowly make your way down. Twilight tries to hold back a laugh as she gives you encouragement.

You’re halfway down the stairs when Spike gets beside you “Hey buddy…you look really different but not a bad different you know?” You try to give him acknowledgement but you’re too focused on not falling. He continues talking as you place your hoof on the next stair “…Oh well it’s nice to have you back.” He pats you on the back and you start to lose your balance and start to fall forward.

You tumble down the rest of the stairs, when you hit the ground you rub your head and curse at Spike in your mind. Twilight rushes over to you “Are you ok?”

You look at Spike and think to yourself, you dick I was doing good to. You look to Twilight as you hold your thoughts back, “Ya I’m fine.”

Spike stops on the stairs “Sorry!”

You accept his apology as you struggle to get to your feet. Twilight laughs as you try to stand up but keep falling. You’re a little annoyed at her laughter as you continue to try and stand. “Here let me help.” Her purple magic wraps itself around you and you feel yourself placed back on the ground.

You start walking towards the kitchen but you’re stopped by Twilight's’ voice “Don’t you want to get something to eat?”
You look back at her “umm ya?”

Twilight opens the front door with her magic and motions with her hoof to follow her “I thought you would like to eat like a normal pony, instead of hiding in a tree like we usually do.”

You look outside then back to her “Are there stairs?”

Twilight giggles “No, it’s a little place just inside of town so come on.”

You follow Twilight out of the library and towards town. You’re still a little slow at walking so Twilight slows down so she can walk beside you. “Don’t worry you will get use to walking around.” You look at her and fake a grin. You think to yourself about how awkward it feels to have four legs now; it feels like you take longer to get from one place to another and now even getting back to your bed is going to be a challenge.

Your brain is put on hold as Twilight nudges you “We’re here.”

You look at the place you have both arrived at; you look around and see a few tables outside with ponies eating at them. The place doesn’t really impress you mainly due to the face the chairs look to be just made out of hay. The building itself looks the same as any other building in Ponyville, the same green wood as a few with some windows and the roof made of some kind of hay. The sign that hangs above the door is a three leaf clover that reads “The Green Clover”. You laugh a bit at the name it sounds like some hardcore vegan place. But this is the first restaurant you have been to in Ponyville since you came here…well accept sugarcube corner, but Pinkie makes that place too wild to make it feel like a real restaurant.

You snap out of your gaze as Twilight again nodes you “I got us a table outside is that ok?”

You nod “As long as it doesn’t rain.”

You follow Twilight over to a table, the chairs are actually made of hay, and you think to yourself as you sit down oooo fancy they have hay chairs.

As you sit down a stallion holding some menus walks over to the table, he talks in a real snooty voice, “I am Horte Cuisine and welcome to The Green Clover, here are your menus.”

The pony is wearing a white vest like thing and he has a French mustache, you try to hold back your laughs as he lays the menus down, this guy looks like he takes his job way too seriously.

When he leaves you look at Twilight “he seems friendly.”

Twilight giggles a bit as she looks at the menu.

You look down at the menu and try to grab it with your hooves like Twilight is holding hers; you can’t quite hold it so you decide to leave it on the table and read the page it was set on. You read down the menu, you’re not surprised to find that there is nothing but salads, fruits and vegetables. You wish for once that you could get something with meat.

After a few minutes of looking through the page the snooty cream colored stallion comes back “Are you ready?”

Twilight puts her menu down “Yes I’ll take the fresh salad and the hay fries.”

The stallion looks to you, sigh as you look at the menu “Umm same thing”
When the stallion walks away Twilight looks at you “You don’t like salads?” You look at her and shrug “Maybe I’ll like them now.”

Twilight is about to speak but gets cut off by a loud high pitched squeal “Twilight who’s your friend?!”

You both look to the direction of the sound and see Rarity walking towards you both.
“Hi Rarity this is…” Twilight is again cut off by Rarity as she introduces herself to you. “Hello darling I am Rarity, I’m one of Twilight's friends, are you from Canterlot? Because I certainly have not seen you here before.”

You smile at her and say your name.

Rarity seems to have not picked up on your name and continues to talk “If you’re from Canterlot I just want to hear ALL about it I absolutely LOVE the city. Oh what am I saying of course you’re from Canterlot just look at your coat it's so.” She brings one of her hooves up to her face for dramatic appeal “It’s so shiny!”

You’re struck a little off by her comment, shiny? You look to Twilight “Am I shiny?”

Twilight replies “No.” She then looks to Rarity and says your name again.

Rarity looks to Twilight “What darling?”

She again repeats your name in a more annoyed voice.

Rarity grabs your face with her hooves and starts squishing your face “You change him into a PONY!?”

You try talking but your face is being squished by Rarity’s hooves too much to talk, it feels like you’re a little kid again and your annoying grandma has gotten a hold of you.

Rarity continues to talk “Honestly Twilight you’re a pretty mare you don’t have to make a stallion.”

Twilight is now annoyed and you can tell from her voice “Rarity you don’t know why he is the way he is and I for one would rather NOT talk about it right now I’m just happy he is fine!”

Twilight has a very serious expression as she continues “I’ll explain it to you later.”

Rarity lets go of your face “Well umm…ok I’ll see you two later then.”

Rarity starts to walk off “Umm bye.”

You nod your head as she walks past you. You look back to Twilight she is looking down at the table not talking.

A few seconds later the cream colored stallion comes back and seats the food in front of you both. You both give a thank you as he leaves.

Twilight hovers a fork to eat the salad, you watch her eat for a few moments then look down at your fork and food. How the heck do I eat this? You look around at other tables and observe other ponies holding the fork in there hoof. You bring one hoof to your face and look, as you look it over you say to yourself, there’s no way that works like that. You place your hoof over the fork and try to pick it up, when you move your hoof off the fork it doesn’t stick to your hoof. You look up and notice Twilight has stopped eating and is now watching you. You look back down to the fork and try to grasp it with both hooves, after a few tries you finally get the fork off the table. You let out a loud “YES” as you pick the fork up, other tables look at you and you feel really dumb. Twilight gives a little giggle as you push your fork into the food, as you bring it up to your face the fork slips from your hooves and hits the ground. You sit there with your mouth open a few second and just silently scream in your mind.

You look back at the food and frown, Twilight nudges your hoof with hers and you watch as she brings her fork into your plant, you watch as she brings the fork back up to you with the food on it. You stare at her for a moment “You're kidding right?”

Twilight smiles “This or you put your face in the plate.”

You think over your two options and then lean forward towards the fork she controls “You win.”

End of chapter 2