• Published 1st Jan 2013
  • 2,078 Views, 25 Comments

Maybe and... - Fat1thatyoulove

  • ...
2
 25
 2,078

Chapter 1

Maybe is all I need

Maybe isn’t so...

You wake up to the sound of someone or something breathing really close to your head. You roll over and face the air assassin, it’s Twilight she is sitting at the side of your bed just staring at you “Hi Twilight.”

She smiles as she looks at you “Oh good you're up I thought you would sleep all day.”

She’s right you would have if someone didn’t breathe so loud. You give a little laugh as your response to her comment. You reach your arm out to pet her, but as your arm extends from the covers you realize that what happened yesterday was no dream. Your arm and hand are now a leg and hoof. You stop reaching for her and instead bring both of your hooves to your face as you sit up. “It wasn’t a dream?”

Twilight watches you as you touch your face with your hooves “I thought you were ok with this?”

You stop and look at her, your mind is still adjusting to your new reality but you try talking through your stammering “I…I guess I am.”

Twilight smiles “Great, now get up.” Her horn glows purple and rips the warm blankets off you.

As the blankets move your hit with a burst of cold air, you lie back onto the bed and give a loud moan. Ponies don’t wear clothes! This thought slams your mind as you blush and try to cover yourself up with your legs.

Twilight folds the blanket and sheets in the air about her as she talks “Don’t be such a filly, now get up we need to see if you can walk.”

Your mind wraps around what she says, oh crap I can’t walk? You sit up and face her; your mind is set a little at ease at being able to move. Your lower hooves dangle off the bed above the ground as you listen to Twilight.

“Ok now take it slow I don’t know how your mind will respond to your new body.” She closes her eyes as she starts boasting about her first steps and how she was able to run only a few days of being born.

You smile at her and think to yourself obviously she doesn't know I always skip tutorials. As she continues to talk you start to lower your bottom hooves to the ground. As these hooves touch the ground you push yourself off the bed with your top hooves.

Bad move, you wobble for a moment on your two hooves both you fall forward. Twilight lets out a little scream as you fall on top of her.

You're now laying on the ground with Twilight pinned under you, you both stare at each other for a few moments before you both start to laugh.
She’s the first one to start to talk after your fail “You know you have to walk on four legs not just two.”

You lean your head down and kiss her “No, I like two legs.”

Your kiss surprises her for a few seconds, she blushes as she starts to reply “Cute, now get off of me.”

You try to push yourself off the ground but you can only move your front legs, “Um Twilight I can’t move my back legs.”

Twilight’s smile disappears from her face as she wraps herself in a purple glow and teleports from underneath you. You hit the ground now it wasn’t a far fall by any means but it still hurt because you weren't expecting it. Twilight stands beside you and looks over your body “Are you sure you can’t move your legs?”

You reply “Yep.”

She steps on one of your legs with her hoof, you let out an “OW” and she stops. “I thought you
could not feel them?”

You think to yourself for a moment, OH you can’t feel your leg? Here let me step on them. You
roll over to face her “No I said I can’t move them.”

Twilight taps her hoof to her face and stares at you for a moment “Oh I know!”

You feel her purple magic wrap around you. After a few seconds you feel yourself floating, she puts you right side up and plants you on your feet. You wobble for a moment trying to stand on your four feet. You look at the ground and watch your legs try to hold you up.

“Ok I’m going to let go of you just try and stand, ok?”

Her magical aura starts to fade from your body, “Wait Twilight I don’t think that…”
You sentence is cut short as you face plant back onto the floor, Twilight gives a little giggle as you try to push yourself back up. Twilight tries to speak through her giggles “Sorry sorry, ok let’s try that again.”

Your again feel her magic wrap itself around you and stand you back up. You look at Twilight for a moment “Ready.” She releases her grip, you stagger for a second but finally get your balance. You smile to her to show her you're standing. She claps her hooves “Good now walk.”

You move your front left leg forward….and instantly fall again. Twilight tries to hold back her laughter as she talks “Ok let’s try something different.”

Again she sets you up right but this time she does not release your legs. Twilight explains what she is going to do “Ok I’ll move your legs for a bit so your brain picks up on the fact you have four, then I’ll let go.”

You nod your head, but you silently think to yourself great I was once a human then a pony now I’m a puppet.

You feel your legs move; you look down and watch as they start to move you around the room in a slow circle. “Left front, right back, right front, left back.” You listen to her mantra as you look down at your legs.

You repeat what she said in your head as you continue to walk in a circle. Left Right Left Right. You feel like you’re saying some old cheat code to a video game or something but it must had worked because Twilight has released you from her grasp and you walk freely now.

Twilight smiles as you walk around her, after a few minutes you stop and look to her as she talks “Good well now that you can move I’ll meet you downstairs for breakfast when you’re ready. “

You nod your head as she walks out of the room. You follow her slowly out the door and then stop as you look down the staircase. You stare at the stairs and think to yourself, oh great this is how I die….

End of chapter 1