• Published 30th Dec 2012
  • 2,991 Views, 34 Comments

Fluttervalley Reborn - TheDarkStarCzar



A long forgotten valley is appropriated as the sanctuary for a new changeling hive. Does this involve the long dead sunstone? Celestia thinks it might and Cadence has her own reason to tag along with the Elements, vengeance!

  • ...
1
 34
 2,991

The Trouble With Flutterponies

"The trouble with flutterponies is that they, like changelings, are parasites." The former changeling queen told the assembled mass of ponies who, aside from the younger colts and fillies who galloped playfully, testing out their new bodies, listened attentively, "They were safe in their ancestral home with their family and loved ones, which, along with the sunstone, provided all the love energy they needed. It kept them mostly sequestered there, though they occasionally visited beyond the borders and were perfectly safe in doing so as long as they were well thought of at their destination."

"They mostly were, of course. It's easy to love beautiful things and the flutter ponies were that. They were another thing, however, one that you would not expect. They were capable warriors and defended their valley, and eventually ponyland itself against evil forces. It was on just a crusade that the flutterponies lost their identities."




Rosedust, queen of the flutterponies was dubious of the plans that Forget-me-not had devised, but all her closest confidants had agreed with it's premise. Even Honeysuckle, who could find fault with Christmas morning, grudgingly admitted it was a solid tactic.

It had it's costs and it's risks, but things had come to such a state that their isolationist ways had to be put aside to put an end to the scourges the witches were continually bringing down on their collective heads.

The dragon that the witches commandeered had been the last straw. To the witches it was just like any of their other schemes that had ended in failure; a temporary setback at worst. Once they'd driven the dragon off and regained their castle they'd be on to their next misanthropic and far fetched scheme.

To the ponies it was different this time, three ponies were lost to the dragon's flames, one of which was a flutterpony named Lily. Rosedust assembled a council representing all the pony races and a few others and they argued passionately into the night. Despite their gentle nature several called out for blood. Three ponies lost, three witches to pay for it, an eye for an eye. The flutterponies were against killing the witches outright, though even they acknowledged that it would be the quickest, simplest way to deal with the problem. An assassination would be the safest way to go too, as the dragon was quite contrite for his actions while he was under the witches thrall and had so much as offered to do away with them if they wished.

The plan they offered, instead, would cost them something precious. It would cost them access to their friend who lived over the rainbow in that other world. In truth their friend could not visit so often as she once had, having a family of her own by this time. Even her siblings had grown and moved on, but still the idea of closing off their world once and for all weighed heavily upon them.

A messenger had been sent for her and had returned with only a heartfelt letter, saying that she would miss them all and that they should do what was best for ponyland. The creatures who lived in that land without magic had saved them, given so much to their lives and played a pivotal role in bringing all the disparate pony tribes together that they despaired of casting away the hope they engendered. They could see no other choice, though and it was soon decided.

The witches were to be exiled over the rainbow and their connection to that land permanently severed. In execution the plan was rudimentary and simply accomplished.




The witches had taken refuge in a cave that had formerly belonged to a sorcerer of their acquaintance who had long ago departed. It was large with well stocked book shelves, a fine cauldron and a chimney that drew well to pull out the cooking fire's smoke.

Some of the ponies' assorted friends were subterranean creatures and they'd been employed to surreptitiously seal off the cave from the rear, as it had passages that lead deep into the earth where pursuit would prove difficult. Then they simply clogged the chimney, that exited a fissure in the cave's ceiling, with mounds of damp earth and waited. The smoke billowed out of the cave's mouth and shortly the three witches came out with it, coughing, gagging and blaming each other for the clogged chimney.

The ground they stumbled over had a net lain across it that was raised as soon as they were within it. As the smoke cleared their dumb faces and incredulous eyes took in the majority of pony kind gathered into one herd, glaring at them.

The witches cursed and plead, but the ponies silently and solemnly went about their task. The flutterponies used their sunstone along with the rainbow of light to force into existence the rainbow portal they needed and held it open whilst four pegasi carried the netted witches into that other world.

They dilly dallied there for some time bidding their friend a final, tearful goodbye after depositing their captives at the outskirts of a nearby town. When they returned the flutterpony queen used the sunstone's power to disrupt, once and for all, the powerful magics that connected the two worlds.

A victory party was held, but Rosedust had to return to the valley with the sunstone before sunset and she didn't much feel victorious besides. She made it home hours before sunset and set the stone back on it's sundial themed pylon. By twilight she knew something was hideously wrong, by dawn the valley had died away, becoming a dry waste accented by bare blackened tree trunks and brown crumbling stalks.

Though the loss of the valley hurt her tremendously there were other places to live and the other ponies offered them lodgings just as soon as they heard what had happened. The flutterponies, though, immediately began to look sickly and fall ill. Without their valley they were dying.

Rosedust herself was still in tolerable condition and went to consult a local wise man who went by the title of Moochick. Though Roseluck's mother, the former queen, had taught her to see and manipulate the currents of love and solar energies that the sunstone radiated, and even taught her some considerable spell casting using it's principals, she had remained ignorant of her subject's need for love energy. Even with the best intentions the ponies felt the sick and displaced flutterponies were a bit of an imposition after only a short time and sad as it is to say there simply was not enough love to go around.

The wise man said there was little he could do to help, but had an idea the witches may have had a certain item who's power might set things right.

"They are indeed powerful artifacts, these amulets, but be wary of them for dark magic will always exact a price. In short, use it's magic, do not let it's magic use you." He warned.

Forewarned and foredoomed Rosedust searched the witches cave and, finding nothing, went to their former castle to ask the dragon for his assistance.

"That which you're seeking lies within these walls and if you desire it, I'll be more than happy to provide it." The green dragon told her. He was built in the typical dragon pattern, claws, leathery wings, sinewy body and jagged teeth. He stood as high as ten ponies stacked up, which was a fairly runty size for a dragon. Rosedust had heard him attribute a spirit of generosity with the stunting of his growth but she was uncertain of the connection.

He slithered and thundered through the circuitous halls and chambers of the decrepit castle and at length returned with the object of her quest. It was not given without warning.

"This is one of five identical pieces." He said as he handed her the bulky golden amulet that was shaped into a bust of a horned pegasus with a turquoise stone set in it's chest, "They were crafted by the tyrant sorcerer Grogar more than five hundred years ago, before his exile to the realm of darkness. He had it in mind that he would conquer the world with his five armies, each led by a general of unrivaled power over whom he had complete control. To this end he imbued them with great powers that might be utilized for good, if so required, but their continued use will wear away your free will, putting you deeper and deeper under his control until you are a mere puppet."

"They are, bluntly, a trap, and only you may remove it once you've put it on. If you chose this path you are quite likely to trade away your soul and yourself for the power it contains."

"Grogar was banished back to the realm of shadows but a decade ago." Rosedust said, "Certainly he cannot overtake my mind from there?"

"I do not know," The dragon said, "But it would be a mistake to underestimate his power."

With that Rosedust thanked the dragon and departed to return once more to the blighted flutter valley.

She lit in front of the sunstone and sat on the stone apron that surrounded it. Three pyramidal stones marked the cardinal directions at the periphery, a larger stone monument marking the South. These were raised by her great great grandmother when flutter valley was brand new. She, and all the previous generations of flutter ponies who'd passed on were buried just beyond that southern marker. It had been a thick thatch of ivy and blooming vines save for the freshly dug grave of Lily. The vines had died away, dried out and crumbled now, and the field of older graves were all as plainly visible as the newest one.

If she failed Lily would be the last flutterpony buried in the rich soil, their connection to their elders severed. She couldn't allow it, she had to save flutter valley and her flutterponies. She inhaled deeply, closed her eyes and donned the golden amulet, it's crude, square chain links pinching her coat as it settled.

When she opened her eyes she didn't feel any different. She exhaled her held breath and waited to see if this supposedly immense power just needed time, but no. Maybe without Grogar being on this plane of existence the amulet didn't work?

How would she have done magic anyway without either the sunstone to guide her or a horn to channel her power? She didn't know, but she wished she did have a horn to control her magic directly the way a unicorn does, and then a tiny pain budded in her forehead and grew excruciatingly as a short, jagged horn grew, like a crystal.

It was far shorter than a unicorn's horn, but she could feel the magic flowing into it, wrapping around it. Without waiting or making any attempt to familiarize herself with her powers she reached out to the dead brown stone and sensed within it the dearth of power that kept it inert. She poured the power of the amulet into it, but it had little effect. If anything the stone had just become darker.

"You need more power." A voice told her. She started and looked around, but there was nopony else there. Was it just her imagination or...? "I can give you more power, it's yours for the asking."

"Yes." She said, "Give me more."

Her horn grew, now matching the size of a unicorn's, still with an odd crystalline shape and she waited but a moment before unleashing it's might into the sunstone to no avail.

"It's still not enough!" She growled. The sunstone looked darker than ever, she could barely stand to look at it, it radiated the shame and rage of her failure, "Why do you withhold the power I require!?"

"I can give you all my power," The voice said, "For a price."

"Wh...what price?"

"When I return your subjects will be my servants and you will lead my armies." The voice stated.

Rosedust opened her mouth to argue but thought better of it. This was indeed a trap and her anger would only draw her into demanding more power and losing more of herself. She removed the amulet, dropped it to the ground and flew swiftly away. Her new horn remained, and it turned out her stature had increased slightly as well. She was now as tall as the tallest earth pony mare.

During the following days she'd visited each of her subjects in turn. There were few of them in good health and many of them in dire straights. She consulted with the Moochick many times after relating the amulet's effect but he could find little enough to add, other than that he thought she did the right thing.

She traveled far and wide, asking for advice from every wise man, witch doctor, sorcerer, and charlatan she came across but came up with nothing. Her own drained and dejected state caught up with her and she took ill for a week and was taken into the care of a kind pony gardener who's generously given love and care nursed her back to health.

Once she recovered her strength she visited her subjects once more, and found that more than a few looked as if they would not make it through the night. She even thought of begging the one who'd nursed her back to health to look after her friends, but it would be a temporary solution at best and their numbers made it impractical even with such a warm and caring heart to feed them. Having exhausted her other options she could only see one left to her, so she returned to flutter valley.

The amulet lay just where she dropped it and the sunstone was still darkened with her shame.

"You've returned, I see." The voice spoke long before she reached the amulet.

"I have." She answered simply, picked up the amulet and slung it around her neck, "Give me the power I need to save my subjects."

"Will you serve me?"

"When you return to this land, I will serve you."

"What of your subjects?"

"They will serve you as well, only you must let them be free until that time."

"Of course," The voice reassured her, "I have little enough use for you until then. So we have a deal?"

"Yes, Grogar. We have a deal, just give me the power to save my people and we will serve you when you return." Rosedust said sadly. As soon as she concluded the horn on her head shot forth like a barbed blade being withdrawn from wounded flesh. It was a twisted and unnatural horn with which she'd been blessed.

Screaming, she crashed to the ground, throbbing with power and agony. She staggered to her feet, recklessly aimed her malformed appendage at the sunstone and poured all her excess power into it.

Through her Grogar's spell was woven, sealing away the sunstone's power. It was overlaid with Rosedust's shame and impotent rage at what she'd been forced to commit to. When her power ebbed the stone was jet black and she couldn't force herself to look upon it, it exuded a miasma that choked the leylines of the entire valley. The sky was a dim grey fog.

Rosedust probed the stone with her magic and found that she'd been tricked into cursing it. Little did she know then that the malevolent magic could never have cured the stone. In a rage she reached down to remove the amulet once more, but it had spent it's magic and it crumbled to dust in her grasp.

"Grogar!" She screamed towards the sky, "You promised you'd give me the power to save my subjects yet the stone lies not just dormant but imprisoned by your spell! I won't serve you if you can't keep your promise!"

"Why, my little pony, I wouldn't lie to you. We have a contract, you and I, that neither of us may breach." The voice chuckled, "I did give you the power to save your subjects and I took the sunstone out of play so that you'd be forced to use it."

"How? How do I save my subjects without the love energy the sunstone provides?"

"Simple, you steal it."





Rosedust was now taller than the tallest pony and her wingspan had increased to complement her new size. She would have cut a statuesque figure save for the jagged and irregular horn protruding from her forehead and the fact that she was losing patches of fur in clumps. By the time she made it back to dream valley her coat had gone mangy and was covered in angry looking welts.

She fell to crying, and hiding in the forest, nothing but unanswered questions before her. How could she be expected to steal love in this ragged state? How could she even let herself be seen after what she'd been fooled into? What a foal she'd been. She flitted up into a tree and sat on it's branch. Suddenly she felt so tired she let herself drift off up there.

In her dreams she called out to her subjects to come to her, she was free, everypony was safe once more and surrounded by love. She drifted in slumber for a considerable time.

When she awoke a milky transparent shell surrounded her. Startled, she broke through it and fell roughly to the ground below. When she looked to her legs to see if they were injured she found them to be a slick black shell, full of irregular holes. She looked to her back and found insectile plates had grown over her body and her still wet wings had taken on a sinister shape. She was ravenously hungry, but lost her appetite when she licked her lips only to find the fangs of a predator.

She fell to her rump in despair, and in her changed perspective became aware that the branches of all the trees in this forest bore a strange fruit; cocoons just like the one she'd fallen out of. One rustled and drew her attention. From out of it fell a sleek black creature that was, for the most part, a miniature of herself. It saw her and spoke timidly,

"Who are you? What happened to me?" It asked in Forget-me-not's voice, frightened and confused. Rosedust didn't want to admit she'd done this to her subjects and foisted the life of predators upon them.

Thinking fast she took inspiration from her circumstances and spoke in her odd buzzing voice, "I am Chrysalis my child. Be at peace you are safe here. Rest up, though, for as soon as the others hatch we will hunt."

"How to hunt?" Chrysalis wondered. Stealing love in her current form was impossible, even if she went to Posey, the notoriously motherly pony who'd nursed her so recently she would be turned away. If only she were a baby pony. Or Tex, Posey had said she had a crush on Tex, she thought wryly, but in this form what chance did she have of getting even the most loving pony to care for her?

That was when her green magic flashed for the first time. Once again she was shorter and had no horn or wings, though she could feel her magic. She looked to her hooves once again, yellow, her cutie mark a couple cactus and she had a blue tail. Reaching up on her head she found a cowboy hat, she WAS Tex. She concentrated and found that she could change into other ponies with little effort, then she reverted to her new natural, unnatural form.




"So Grogar had given me the means to hunt after all, and a hunger sufficient to drive me, so I did." Chrysalis said to the gathered throng hearing their history for the first time, "We were only a hundred strong and so inserting ourselves into family and romantic situations could go unnoticed for a moment, and a good haul was potent enough to share amongst ourselves. We adapted to our new lives and we began to build the first communal hive, learning as we went."

"That was when we developed our language so that we might communicate surreptitiously when working in concert among the normal ponies, besides which the insect clicks and whistles seemed to come naturally to us, as if that were the obvious way we should be communicating."

"My subjects came back on many occasions with foal, and gave birth to the first of the true changelings who'd never known a life other than the one they were to lead. Soon enough all my old friends were gone and I was surrounded by our children."

From the back of the crowd a pink hoof waved frantically in the air. Chrysalis squinted, was that, "Pinkie?"

"Hi!" Pinkie shouted and bounced her way to the front. Chrysalis as a changeling had found the pink mare to be intolerable, in her reformed state she couldn't say for certain that her voice was any less cringe worthy.

"You've already heard this story once, did you have a question?" Chrysalis asked, hiding her annoyance, badly.

"Oh, yeah...I like stories though and I wanted to hear it again, you tell it so well." Pinkie rolled her eyes, held her hoof to her mouth as if to whisper and then asked in a stage whisper, "It's just, I thought changelings laid eggs like a chicken."

Chrysalis face hoofed. Several of the former drones laughed heartily, they knew the answer, or part of it and one of them spoke up, "More like a turtle! She'll be all grumpy for weeks then squirt out a clutch of twenty or thirty eggs, then she'll be right as rain for another six months or so.

Many of the flutterponies giggled demurely, others outright bawled laughing. Chrysalis blushed and stammered, "Yes, well, the female drones were mostly infertile, one hopes that does not continue to be the case as this physiognomy is unlikely to produce in such numbers. It was only my original subjects who were properly fecund. After them it was only once or twice in a generation that a fertile female was produced, and they likewise laid eggs. They should have grown to be queens like me, to further colonize the land, but it never worked out precisely that way."

"So what happens when Grogar comes back? Will we all be forced to serve him?" A female flutterpony asked.

"Yes, well, a funny thing about that. He's not coming back." Chrysalis said.




In her mind the changeling queen had heard Grogar's voice for years. Demanding and pestering her had worked for only so long before she learned to ignore even his most adamant demands. Then Chrysalis did something she should have done long ago and told her only remaining friend just what had transformed her.

It took a special type of friend, one who was generous beyond measure and had a wisdom and calm honed by years of heartache, to overlook her circumstance.

Still residing in the derelict castle built on the edge of an active volcano was Emerald, the stunted green dragon. Chrysalis had maintained contact with him over the years in an irregular fashion. Their first meeting after the change was somewhat awkward, but to his credit, once he realized Chrysalis would not tell him what had happened to twist and deform her so he'd simply let it drop. He was certain that, given time, she would tell him and, if not, that was her business. Sipping strong coffee in the dank hall of the castle she finally revealed to him the whole story. He remained silent and thoughtful for a very long time, so long as to make Chrysalis doubtful he intended to respond. At length he revealed some bit of good news.

"Transit to and from the realm of shadows is exceedingly easy for those who have not been cast into it. There's a door guarded by a certain hellhound of my acquaintance three days journey to the North." Emerald replied at length. Then with a glimmer in his eye, "Should you wish it he owes me a favor, at least, and if I was to ask he would allow you, I and some considerable army to enter and return from that dire place, I am certain."

"I wish it were that simple, but I made a pact with him and even though I feel cheated he did live up to his terms, even if indirectly." Chrysalis sighed.

"True, you are to be his slave and your hive his chattel should he return, but he holds no sway on you actions until such time as he does. I see nothing in the contract that would be violated should you choose to do away with him." Emerald laughed, "Turn about being fair play, after all."

The voice in the changeling queen's head howled with curses, warnings and epithets, but she ignored them as if they were a mere buzzing, "He will know we are coming. He will know our every move. Even now his voice rings in my ears."

"If led to slaughter with full foreknowledge, a lamb will still become mutton. Let him know. Can he raise an army in that dark place?" The dragon grinned a malicious grin, "I know the circumstances of his current imprisonment. He sits with but the tiniest fraction of his arcane powers, trapped in a dead city he cannot leave, with but one deranged and incompetent jackass as his sole follower and confidant. I should relish this less if there were no way to let him know of his impending woes."

That was the first time the changelings went to war, and though their campaigns were infrequent they occasionally did march en masse afterward. Through the dread gates, unguarded and thrown wide, they flew ten wide. Through the featureless expanse of black void they reached Grogar's citadel, the infamous ghost city of Tambelon.

Their attack was wholly successful, they pulled Grogar's ghost city down to it's foundations and scattered the remains. Grogar himself was not killed, but rather imprisoned in seamless, dragon forged fetters with his lone remaining acolyte, chained to a boulder and dropped into the endless ocean of aether, stripped of even the pittance of power that he had left to him. Chrysalis was assured it was inescapable, a far harsher punishment, and in this place far more insurmountable than mere death.

From that day forward Chrysalis had only to contend with her own thoughts rattling around in her head.




"So...how come that didn't end the curse right there?" Twilight Sparkle asked from the back row. Were all the Elements of Harmony still here, listening to her retell her story? Chrysalis squinted and confirmed that yes, that was the case and Cadence and Shining Armor were nuzzled up together, seated off to one side which made her unaccountably jealous for a moment until her own Rocky was brought to mind. Unconscious still he was recovering under the medic's watchful eye within the hive...She was distracted, what had Twilight asked?

"Er...Oh yes." Chrysalis regained her train of thought, "The curse was wholly independent of Grogar's power at that point, as was the amulet after it was sent into the world."

"Was the amulet the Alicorn Amulet?" Twilight asked, "Also, how come you're still an Alicorn?"

"I fulfilled my end of the bargain so I maintained this form. I think I heard it called that name at the time. I believe the changeling aspect was an evil taint that was purged from our being by the elements of harmony." Chrysalis said, hoping this manner of questioning would come to an end soon.

"Did the amulet affect your personality? Make you more aggressive, arrogant and power hungry? See, we've encountered one of these amulets and it seemed to have that effect on it's bearer, but she took it off before it bonded with her." Twilight hoped the former changeling queen wouldn't take that the wrong way, but she DID seem a bit dastardly for a flutterpony queen.

"Um, maybe? Are you saying I'm a megalomaniac?" Chrysalis thought on it for a bit, "I guess I am at that, I'm pretty certain I wasn't when I was a flutterpony the first time, so... something to work on? Any further questions, Miss Sparkle?"

"I have one." Cadence said without rising from her husband's nuzzling embrace, "Why didn't you just tell Celestia what happened and ask for help? I'm sure she would have been able to."

"You may be mistaken about the timeline, child. The simple fact is that when all this occurred it was an eon before Celestia and Luna first came down from their heavenly bodies and set foot on Equestrian soil. It was before Discord's wrath, and before the Crystal Empire rose and fell." Chrysalis shook her head, "It was a long time ago and I do not have an alicorn's memory. All that I've told you is full of holes and misrememberances, and would have remained buried even as my memory of the sunstone was had things not played out the way they had. Being thrust back into a form from a former life does have a way of jarring one's memory."

"Are you sad you can't turn into anypony you want anymore?" Pinkie was genuinely curious, though she couldn't think of another pony she would rather be.

"Not a bit." She said, and it was the genuine truth. The life of the changelings was one of longing and perpetual hunger. It was not a kind or pleasant life and had within it not a moment to relax and lacking the bonds of love and friendship (for even her motherly hive bonds were of mean duty.) she would willingly trade that life and all it's powers for a normal life with...

"Rocky!" Chrysalis exclaimed, seeing the unicorn standing off to the side in the dim light, "How long have you been here?"

"Long enough to hear most of your story, not long enough to know what you plan to do next." Rocky said with a laugh and walked through the parted crowd to her side. He nuzzled her timidly and she returned his caress affectionately.

"Ah, that's simple." Chrysalis winked at the Elements and Cadence then turned stonefaced and serious, "I intend to reestablish this sanctuary for the flutterponies that we may thrive in relative peace for a time. I am glad you are up, though, because first we have an extraordinarily difficult task, the most arduous we have yet faced and we have little enough time for it."

"What is it, how can I help?" He sternly prepared himself to face her task.

"We must..." she paused and gestured to the gathered throng of flutterponies that stretched into the distance, "We must name all of our children."

"What? Our children? Chrissy..." Rocky sputtered, abashed.

"Yes, I believe as my king that duty falls to you."

Rocky's jaw dropped, "You arrogant...unconscionable...psychotic..." He sighed, shook he head and considered, "Fine. You, up front with the bushy mane? You're Marigold, next to her, um...Chester..."

"Seriously? Chester?" Chrysalis arched an eyebrow.

Rocky replied with a kiss, "Silence. The king has spoken."

"Chester it is." she purred.







Flutter valley became a paradise once more, it's freakishly fast growing foliage able to easily sustain their numbers now that they had to eat actual food again as well as love energy. The hive was left as a monument to their past though it was quickly covered in flowering vines. The piteous column that held the whole structure aloft was reinforced and the cavern containing it back filled for safety's sake. The railroad was extended clear into the valley proper. It became a tourist destination and a fine one at that.

Twilight was gratified that the main necessity that the valley lacked were books and an educational system and she was thrilled to arrange for and plan both.

The Summer Sun Festival was held in the valley that year, both Princess Celestia and Luna came to greet the long displaced monarch and fellow alicorn as well as her far more down to earth king. In their conversations it was implied, but never overtly, that Princess Celestia had long foreseen this precise outcome for the changelings, master of the long game that she was.

Twilight had asked the Princess what her contingency plan to counter the sunstone was and she'd admitted that in the worst case she would have just withheld the sun for a day, but that it was best not to do such things as they frighten ponies with memories of Nightmare Moon still fresh in their minds.

Chrysalis had started in on a new quest, to grant her king immortality that she might forever have him at her side. It was enough of a challenge to keep her more insistent thoughts of world domination at bay. Mostly.

When her dragon friend migrated back from the South she planned to discuss both matters with him over coffee in her new home. If anyone had a solution it would be Emerald.

Rocky, fortunately, was informed of the tradition for naming flutterponies after flowers and so alphabetically went through a book provided by Twilight, simplifying the process immeasurably. He threw the odd Fillmore, Arcturus and Eunice in from time to time for the sole sake of irritating his queen's sensibilities.

The flutterponies' former barrenness had also been remedied, there was a veritable baby boom and within a year even Chrysalis herself had a little filly.

Rocky named her Rosedust, after her mother.

Comments ( 5 )

A nice little story. I almost want to watch older generations because of stories like this, almost.

Celestia's contingency plan reminds me of a meme
"when you control the sun, s:yay: gets done"

1929085

See, "The end of Fluttervalley" was the last G1 pony thing I watched. What kept happening was that I'd start watching it and I just couldn't do it for the longest time, I find it to be very nearly unwatchable. Then I wrote this and I ended up having to watch it again to see if I screwed up anything too badly and it's twice as hard to watch when you already know the story.
Also the earlier MLP movie (the one with smooze, not the one with Tirek) had the same witches, so for the longest time I didn't even realize it WAS a separate movie.
Anyway, the episodes become endearing after a bit, even though they're rife with animation errors.
Also you can really tell they're pushing product because they call out the line names. Like there's these fillies who've got one tooth and they make a point to call them "Baby First Tooth Ponies" all the time like it's a natural bit of dialogue.
The first movie is good too.
G1's like the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Hate 'em at first (why're they taking episodes from the REAL ponies?) but you get to love them after awhile.

1929085 I second everything you said ^^

Yay ,happy ending.

Over of the early stories I've read here, I still like it.

Login or register to comment