• Published 30th Dec 2012
  • 883 Views, 14 Comments

Just My Imagination - Closer-To-The-Sun



A yellow pegasus has caught the eye of Caramel. However, will he do anything about it and for that matter, does she even notice him?

  • ...
7
 14
 883

Chapter 5: Svo Hljótt (So Quietly)

Chapter 5: Svo Hljótt (So Quietly)

There was a silence between the two ponies in the barn. Caramel couldn’t bear to look towards Fluttershy after bearing himself to her. As for the pegasus, Fluttershy was frozen in a state of shock. Her expression was one of astonish and fluster. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity between the two, the mare was the first to speak.

“Wh-Wh-Wh-What?” her words were shaking just as her body was.

Caramel still couldn’t lift his head up to look at her, “I mean it. I really think that I am in love with you. I know it’s sudden and what not, but I can’t help it. Sorry about that.” The stallion finished his statement and returned to his work.

Fluttershy seemed to still be stuck in her surprised state as he continued his work with the barrels. After a bit, she finally spoke, “C-Caramel? D-Do you really mean that?”

The stallion stopped his work to reply. “Yes,” he replied, “I honestly mean it. I do really like you, a lot.” Caramel paused for a moment to see if she would say something. Seeing that she would not, he resumed speaking, “I understand if you don’t feel the same way. It happens and what not. To be honest, I’m just glad to have gotten this off my chest more than anything.”

“O-Oh….okay….” Fluttershy meekly spoke. She didn’t say much in response, but she was blushing fiercely on her face.

“Yeah, sorry if this was sudden and all that,” Caramel spoke as he moved the barrel up to be stacked on another.

“Oh, no no, it’s perfectly fine. I understand that it was something you wanted to say,” Fluttershy insisted.

With a half-hearted smile, Caramel trotted to get the next barrel. However, he tripped over his own hooves and fell to the barn floor on to his back. He lifted his head up to look at what happened.

“Oh my goodness, are you alright, Caramel?” Fluttershy asked worriedly, rushing up to the stallion on the ground.

Groaning, the stallion replied, “Yeah, I’m fine. It happens more often then you’d think.”

“Are you hurt? Is anything broken?” the mare was stressing over any possible injuries that might have happened. She picked up one of Caramel’s front limbs to check for any damage.

“It was just a small fall. No blood, nothing broken,” he reassured Fluttershy.

With Caramel’s words, Fluttershy was relieved, “Oh, thank goodness.” It took Fluttershy a moment to realize she was still holding on to the tan pony. “Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry!” she stated as she quickly let go of the limb.

Caramel sat up, “It’s alright, don’t worry about it.”

Fluttershy shyly looked away before turning back to Caramel with a pink tint on her face to match her mane. “C-Caramel?” her words were extremely soft and hushed, “I-I’m not s-sure how to say this either, b-b-but I-I l-like you, t-too….”

The stallion was very surprised, “H-Huh?”

She continued speaking quietly, “I-I have liked you for a wh-while now….a-and I would like if w-we did something together….um….if you want, that is….”

“Really?” Caramel was in disbelief.

The embarrassed Fluttershy could only nod. She then continued on to speak, “S-So….um….w-would you like to d-do something s-sometime?” Her words were spoken very quietly to the stallion.

“Y-Yeah, I’d love to,” Caramel replied, a pink tint across his face.

Outside of the barn, looking in through the open door, Applejack was watching from a hidden location in the bushes. While she couldn’t exactly hear every word that was being spoken, she could piece the puzzle together on her own. A smile on her face, Applejack quietly talked to herself, “Finally it’s over. Ah thought those two would never go through with it. Still stumps me why everypony comes ta me with their problems.”

END

Comments ( 5 )

D'aww so sweet!
But I don't think Fluttershy stutters that much. It's always really easy to accidentally overdo that, but it's still a good story :twilightsmile:
Wait a second...
This is my first "First comment" comment!
So exciting! :yay:

I BUCKING LOVE THAT SONG!!!!:flutterrage:
Favorite simply for title/description.
Don't have time to read it right now, though.:ajsleepy:

Caramel still couldn’t lift his head up to look at her, “I mean it. I really think that I am in love with you. I know it’s sudden and what not, but I can’t help it. Sorry about that.” The stallion finished his statement and returned to his work.

Outside of the barn, looking in through the open door, Applejack was watching from a hidden location in the bushes. While she couldn’t exactly hear every word that was being spoken, she could piece the puzzle together on her own. A smile on her face, Applejack quietly talked to herself, “Finally it’s over. Ah thought those two would never go through with it. Still stumps me why everypony comes ta me with their problems.”

I'm assuming that Fluttershy ask you for some advice about him as well right Applejack

Well this was certainly a very interesting and kind of cute story and a very rare shipping between Fluttershy and caramel so after a few moments when he said that Fluttershy felt a little flustered but yet like in the feeling that he actually likes her and then he accidentally fell down and Fluttershy was worried that he got hurt but he didn't and she even has him for a date and he accepted it and something tells me this would be a beautiful friendship once again this was a pretty cute story keep up the good work

Login or register to comment