• Published 30th Dec 2012
  • 883 Views, 14 Comments

Just My Imagination - Closer-To-The-Sun



A yellow pegasus has caught the eye of Caramel. However, will he do anything about it and for that matter, does she even notice him?

  • ...
7
 14
 883

Chapter 3: Hard To Explain

Chapter 3: Hard To Explain

The next day, Caramel went to work as usual. This time around, seeing his unlucky streak from the day before, Applejack gave the stallion the task of repairing the fence that Caramel had broke a few days before hand. He managed to finished repairing the fence in spite of the number of incidents that happen to the tan pony, such as swinging the hammer to miss the nail and to hit his hoof, hitting his head on the fence as he bent down to move his tools which caused him to start over, and simply stepping on a nail.

As Celestia’s sun was setting in the western sky, Caramel trotted back to the Apple family home, sore from his hard day’s work. Meeting him at the porch of the home was his cousin.

“Howdy, Caramel. How’d fixin’ the fence go fer ya?” the orange mare asked as she saw the stallion arrive.

Caramel mumbled under his breath, “Sore, tired, and I think I might just collapse.”

“Then take a load off, have a seat. Enjoy the evenin’ sky fer a bit,” Applejack offered.

Sighing, the stallion did as Applejack said, taking a seat and watched the few clouds in the sky turn colors as the sun began to sink beyond the horizon. The two made small talk about the day’s events, which led to silence. Finally, Caramel dug down deep enough to gather the courage to ask a question.

“Hey Applejack, can I ask you a favor?”

The mare’s ears perked up, “Sure, shoot.”

Caramel sighed before he continued, “Can you help me with Fluttershy?”

“What ya mean?”

“I mean….can you help me get to know her or something?” the stallion’s face had a slight tint of pink.

“Whoa there, partner. Ah’m not sure about this,” Applejack paused in her cloud watching to stare at her cousin.

“Huh? What do you mean?” Caramel quickly shook his face to hide the fact he was blushing.

Applejack’s voice gained a stricter tone, “What ah mean is ah don’t know if ah should be meddlin’ in other pony’s affairs. This is between you an’ her, right? Then do somethin’ about it.”

The stallion was a bit surprised at the mare’s words, “And you’re just okay with me doing this? I mean, this is your friend, Applejack.”

“This is yer business an’ that’s her business. An’ it ain’t mah business to butt into other’s lives,” Applejack stated as if it was a personal moral code that she had followed all her life.

“A-Alright then,” Caramel said, still nervous about the ordeal that may lay ahead of him.

Applejack took notice of her cousin’s anxiety. With a sigh and a chuckle, she continued, “Ya really are keen are ya, aren’t ya Caramel?”

The stallion was quiet at first. He then replied in a very hushed tone, “Yes, I really am. I am quite taken by her.”

“Wanna tell me why?”

In Caramel’s head, he tried his best to piece together a statement to reply with. However, it became quickly apparent that he was at an absolute loss of words. “I honestly have no idea, Applejack. She’s just simply beautiful, talking with her is just wonderful, even though she is timid up to the point of being flustered. In all honesty, I guess it’s just a number of things that allow me to be captivated by her. She really is just a shining beam of light in my day. It’s….it’s just hard for me to really explain.”

As Caramel finished, Applejack laughed softly to herself, causing him cousin to blush. “Ah think ah get the picture there, Caramel. Good ol’ Fluttershy has that affect on everypony, bein’ a wonderful mare that can brighten anypony’s day.”

“So yeah, that’s why,” Caramel finished his explanation.

Smirking, Applejack spoke, “Alright then, ah’ll do it. Ah’m gonna help ya out then, Caramel.”

Caramel’s face lit up at the orange mare’s words, “What? Really? You mean it?”

“Sure as sugar. Just givin’ ya a warnin’ though, she might not share the same feelins as ya,” Applejack advised.

“I know.”

“Also, yer gonna have ta watch out for the rest of the gals, particularly Rainbow Dash. She’s very defensive of lil’ Fluttershy,” the orange mare explained.

“Um, alright then….” Caramel was worried at Applejack’s statement.

“An’ when this is all over an’ done, no matter what happens, ah want ya ta get back ta workin’ without any problems or daydreamin’, got that?” the mare instructed.

“You are quite the slave driver, Applejack,” Caramel joked.

Applejack laughed, “Somepony’s gotta keep this farm runnin’ smoothly.”

“Thanks, Applejack.”

“Ah’m only helpin’ ya out cause yer a sad excuse fer a stallion,” the mare stated.

Carmel heavily sighed, “Yeah, I get that a lot.”