• Published 30th Dec 2012
  • 883 Views, 14 Comments

Just My Imagination - Closer-To-The-Sun



A yellow pegasus has caught the eye of Caramel. However, will he do anything about it and for that matter, does she even notice him?

  • ...
7
 14
 883

Chapter 1: Shine

Chapter 1: Shine

Clouds dotted the sky all around Ponyville. Just outside of the town, the clouds were a welcome to the workers at Sweet Apple Acres. One stallion in particular, a tan colt with a brown mane with the name Caramel, was grateful for the shade from Celestia's sun. Pulling the cart full of buckets of apples towards the barn, Caramel was struggling. He had always had a string of bad luck, and it had been that way for as long as he knew. However, his luck had been taking a better turn for him, such as finally getting some work at Sweet Apple Acres. He knew this was out of pity by his cousins Applejack and Big Macintosh, but to him, a job was a job. Trotting towards the barn, Caramel went to unload the cart. Exiting out of the barn, a yellow pegasus mare was waiting patiently outside the barn.

"Um, excuse me?" Caramel asked allowed, startling the mare.

"Oh….um…..h-hello. I wasn't expecting anypony here, sorry," the pegasus stated meekly, seeming embarrassed to simply just be noticed.

"Oh no, it's fine, I didn't think anypony was around here either. Can I help you with something?" Caramel replied. He quickly brushed his mane up to make it less scruffy and wiped the sweat off of his brow.

"I….um….well, I'm waiting here for Applejack. She told me that she….uh….would meet me here today…." the mare continued. She sheepishly tried to hide behind her long pink mane but to no avail.

"Applejack? Oh, she should be around here somewhere," the stallion responded. He looked around and noticed the area was very empty save the visible ponies in the distant orchard. "Anything I can get you while you wait for her?"

The pegasus quickly became flustered, "Oh no, I don't want to be a burden or cause any trouble like that…."

"It's no problem, ma'am," Caramel insisted.

"Well, um, if it's not too much trouble….can I get an apple? I haven't eaten yet today, and….well….." the yellow mare began to speak before trailing on into silence and being cut off by the stallion.

"Not a problem!" Caramel energetically replied before turning to the barn. What he didn't want to say was that it would actually cost some bits if he did give the pony an apple. However, he thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Worst case scenario, in his opinion, would be that he would have to repay for what he was to give her. He called out, "What kind of apple would you like, ma'am?"

She slightly jumped as she was called to, "Eep! Oh, um….I….uh….if you don't mind….um, may I get a gala apple?"

"Of course! Coming right up!" Caramel called back as he quickly grabbed an apple and returned.

"Oh, thank you very much," the pegasus took the apple, "all this and I still don't even know your name. I'm so sorry."

The stallion gave a small laugh, "Oh, you're welcome. And don't worry about it, my name is…."

"Caramel!" a familiar voice interrupted the tan stallion. Both ponies looked in the same direction to see an orange mare with a brown hat on top of her blonde mane.

"Oh, hey there, Applejack," Caramel welcomed his cousin.

"Don't ya 'hey there, Applejack' me, mister! Ya need ta get right back out there in the apple orchards with that there cart fer the apples!" Applejack was very annoyed at her cousin.

Caramel knew best not to test his cousin, even if she was slightly younger than him, "Y-Yes, Applejack!"

Rushing into the barn, the stallion attached an empty cart to himself and was quick to return to the orchard. While trotting to the grove of trees, Caramel turned to look back towards the barn. He saw the yellow pegasus leave the farm with Applejack. Inside of his head, Caramel couldn't shake the feeling that the yellow pony gave to him. He admitted to himself that he found her both cute and attractive. Caramel found that she simply shined down to him and brightened his day. Unfortunately for him, there was one thing quickly realized.

"It's a shame, really. She doesn't even really know me," Caramel gave a sad, defeated sigh as he went to resume his task.