• Published 28th Dec 2012
  • 2,494 Views, 62 Comments

Rainbow Dash and the Nordic Pegasus - MrTyreste



When in the north, Rainbow Dash accidently awakens an ancient warrior from another land and helps him fit in and fulfill his destiny, but doesn't expect to develop feelings for him in the process.

  • ...
2
 62
 2,494

2000 years

Part 3-2000 Years...

A loud thud echoed throughout the longhall as the Earth pony servants lifted the enormous tablet of stone onto the table, nearly splintering the wooden structure in two. The stone tablet was old and crumbling, with scenes of battles strewn across the tablet's surface. At the very center stood a lone pegasus holding in one hood an amulet, and in the other a sword. The scene also depicted two large ponies with the wings of pegasi and the horns of the unicorns circling each other as the moon and sun followed them. The bottom corners of the tablet depicted two large wolves, one chasing the pony of the sun, and the other chasing the pony of the moon.

"What sorcery is this, my chief?" Fjord studied the tablet carefully, noticing the chisel marks along the edges. Fjord was a warrior at birth, but he had a knack for building and masonry, as the cutie mark of a hammer crossed with a sword represented.

"This is a stone tablet carved from the Wall of the Prophets." The chief began. He beckoned for his servants once more as they heaved the stone upon its side, revealing a long passage of ancient writing. "The Prophets depicted scenes they saw in their minds, but upon the back of these tablets, their explanations written. Let me see..." He studied the runes more closely, reading the translation.

"Upon the day that chaos reigns, the stewards of time shall descend. One of the sun and one of the moon, together they will vanquish evil, and be reclaimed a land far to the South."

He read aloud, catching his breath.

"However, a dark power will come for the stewards. The wolves of the mighty one shall descend and plunge the world into torment and pain. Beware all free mares and colts, for the Ragnarok will come upon this day."

"The Ragnarok? You are sure?" Spectrum Dancer said with a hushed voice.

Brynhoof fell to his forelegs from leaning onto the table and faced the two ponies. "The Celtic Ponies of old foretold of such things. When two ponies with the horn of a unicorn and the wings of a pegasus descend to face the ancient dragon of discord." He motioned for the two servants to flip the stone over again, gesturing towards the center figure. "But the story goes on to tell of a warrior who vanquishes the two wolves and save the stewards, this much has been foretold as well. He and his lover will face the demons and prevent the end of all things from arriving. This is what will happen, so says the Wall."

Fjord studied the figure on the stone. It looked very similar to him, but also very different. The two ponies, or what he would later know to be alicorns, were both very different in appearance as well. What really caught his eye, however, was the amulet the pegasus held. It seemed to create an arc that allowed the figure to hold his sword to his side without the use of his wings or hooves. But he put it out of his mind, the resemblance was simply a coincidence. For Fjord Runner was the son of a soldier, and a soldier he would remain. He held no fancy for religions or prophecies, his place was on the battlefield. For soon he would be married to his lovely Spectrum Dancer, and all would be right in his world. At least until the sound of the warning bell rang throughout the hall.

"My chief!" A young, bloodied pony barged through the doors. "The Romans have invaded. We are routed, my lord!" He cried before a spear pierced the back of his neck as he fell to the ground. An older Pegasus with Roman-esque armour stood in the doorway, a snarling glare of pure killing malice frozen upon his face. He heaved the spear out of the dead colts corpse and prepared to charge the group of Nordic ponies.

"For the glory of the Empire!" He charged fiercely, only to be flung over onto the table by Fjord Runner in mid-charge. In one swift motion Fjord reached across his back, freed his axe from the belt around his waist and slammed it into the Roman Pegasus' chest, shattering his ribs instantly.

"Prepare for battle." He said with an angry smile on his face.

==================

Equestria: Present Day

Her coat and hat back on, Rainbow Dash took off from the ledge of the cavern, followed by the ancient Pegasus. He barely spoke to her, and the silence had slowly went from awkward to simply annoying. She had offered to take him to the train station so he could go home, but even with the offer he seemed less than enthusiastic.

"So, how long were you in that cave?" Rainbow Dash finally broke the irritating silence, but Fjord Runner did not answer. "You're really strong, do you work out? I've been known to pump a little iron in my spare time, not really ladylike, but..." She tried lightening the mood, but it was slowly becoming unbearably annoying. Finally, as Celestia as her witness, they reached the train station after about a half-hour of flying. Rainbow Dash trotted up to the ticket counter alone and set the bits on the table. Fjord stayed behind, looking up at the large train, a look of fear and fury burning in his eyes. He drew his axe and prepared to pounce.

"Two tickets to Pony--" She began as a loud thud came from the train. Fjord runner had jumped on top of the train and embedded the axe into the metal roof.

"Foul demon! Relinquish thy iron hide for the glory of clan Duntrot!" He shouted as he ripped the axe from the hull of the train and slammed it back down into a window. "Fellow ponies, flee! Flee for your lives!" He continued his assault on the "demon" as the other ponies ran in fear from the sight, but not Rainbow Dash. Instead, Rainbow Dash was content to stand there with her mouth hung open in horror.

Really? He's trying to slay the train now?"She face-hoofed before flying up to meet him upon the roof of the train. He swung his axe over his head to nearly miss a very angry Rainbow Dash.

"Are you out of your freaking mind?! You--" He didn't acknowledge her as he continued to bash the train's roof in with his axe. "Would you jus-" She tried talking as the axe swung back and forth, nearly hitting her each time. After several dodges, Rainbow Dash had had enough. She hauled her front hoof back and punched him as hard as she could in the jaw with one swing.

CRACK!

"Owwwww!!" Rainbow Dash fell down screaming as her left hoof began throbbing with pain. Fjord, finally out of his killing frenzy, looked down at the now injured mare.

"Lady Dash! Are you injured?" He asked with concern. Rainbow only broke away from the sheer pain in her left foreleg to glare at him with a stare that could kill.

I'm so going to kill you...She thought to herself with loathing.

================

"Listen well, Lady Dash. I humbly apologize for my behavior upon this...train a while ago. Such a device reminded me of one of the demons from the old mountains we used to hunt and defend out villages from. I ask that you forgive me." Fjord Runner pleaded with the mare as they rode in the train to Ponyville. One good thing about him was that there was no shortage of seats on the ride back. He had scared away the passengers. Rainbow Dash held her hoof close to her chest, still throbbing from the pain of the blow to his jaw. How in the world can a stallion be that hard, anyway?

"It's fine.." Rainbow Dash said flatly, turning her attention back to the Nordic pony. "But if you don't mind me asking, why did you..." She began, but started to blush slightly out of embarrassment. "Kiss me?" She finally asked. Fjord Runner heaved a heavy sigh before looking back at Rainbow Dash. They had time, obviously, as the landscape moved by. Slowly it turned from snowy mountains in the background to forests of green and grassy fields.

"I was told to endure the prison. According to legend, myself and my fiance, Spectrum Dancer, two pegasi from warring clans who fell in love, were to stop the end of the world from happening." He began. "The wizard who put me in there told me that only one who carried her blood could ever free me. When I awoke, I saw the most beautiful mare in the world before me, her Rainbow mane and sky-blue coat only to find out..." He sighed again. "You aren't her."

Beautiful, huh?Rainbow Dash grinned slightly, but showed her concern for the lonely creature. "Can you tell me how long you think you've been gone?" She asked him as he looked up at the ceiling, puzzled.

"Honestly, my lady. I do not know." He sighed again, looking back down at the floor of the cabin. Rainbow wanted to cheer him up somehow. Something about this stallion made her curious, almost insanely. Here stood a Pegasus from Celestia knows how long ago, who probably did a lot of badass stuff in his time. And he didn't look a day over Big Macintosh's age, either. "Also, if I may be so bold, what were you doing so far north? Visiting family?" He asked her.

"Yes! How did you know?"

"I may have been frozen in time, but my spirit has been able to see things occasionally. Ponies with the same coat and eyes as my beloved have come and gone from this land, but only one who matched her appearance. That mare was you." He said with a smile. "Though I know you would not be interested in taking her place as my wife, I would like to ask a favor of thee." He placed a foreleg around her shoulders, which didn't seem to bother her.

"I'm game." Rainbow Dash smiled.

"Help me find my place in this world again." He pleaded with her. "If the prophecy rings true, I know that I will be needed again, but until that day comes I wish to serve. To fight for my fellow ponies. To.." He looked at Rainbow Dash again, her eyes locked on his. She was the spitting image of his wife to be. From her unkempt mane to her beautiful magenta eyes she was everything he had fallen in love with.

And Rainbow Dash knew it.

"To one day find new love." He finally said. Rainbow Dash said nothing, only stared deeper into his bright, blue eyes as the train came screeching to a halt, knocking her forward and into his chest. Before she knew it her forelegs were wrapped around him in an attempt to not fall off the seat. She did everything she could not to blush as she flung herself back upright and to her hooves. The train's doors squeaked open while the passengers began to leave the train, except the two pegasi. Rainbow Dash chuckled slightly while Fjord Runner looked on with confusion. Finally without warning his mouth curled into a smile as he laughed alongside her.

"You'll find it." Rainbow Dash said as she motioned for him to get off the train. "Trust me." And with that they disembarked the train to the stop in Ponyville.