• Published 28th Dec 2012
  • 2,640 Views, 116 Comments

Letters From the Path of Loss - Tavi n Scratch



After the loss of someone near and dear to me, Princess Celestia recommended that I write a letter to my lost companion.

  • ...
9
 116
 2,640

5th, Two Months and Two Weeks After Death

Rainbow Dash,

Dammit, how could you just leave me? I know it’s not your fault, but you wouldn’t go to the damn hospital. You just had to be stubborn. If you could’ve just listened to somepony who’s clearly smarter than you, I mean could you not just use a bit of common sense. But no, you just had to be the bull headed and ignorant pony you are. This is your own fault. How could you?

I guess that is a bit unfair, a good amount of all of this is my fault. I didn’t even see it coming. A lot of good all this studying does me, I wasn’t even able to protect the one mare I care about more than anything else in this world, I’m just stupid and blind. I could’ve done so much more, I could have even saved you, but I was weak. I am weak.

How could this world be so cruel? How is it possible to have a sad ending in a world where friendship can defeat demons. Why can’t there just be some spell to bring you back? Why can’t there just be a magical solution to all problems?

I’m sorry, I’m not really mad at you, I just feel angry. I knew this would happen, it’s a stage of grief and is therefore inevitable. I feel trapped here, lashing out at anything and anyone. I’m turning into a monster, but it will past. I can’t believe I snapped at Fluttershy today. My words clearly hurt her, but she just put on a facade, trying to spare my own feelings. I don’t deserve friends like these, I don’t deserve a happy ending, and most of all I don’t deserve you.

Or rather, didn’t.

I’m so so sorry,

-Twi

Author's Note:

This was difficult to write, but I knew I needed to display anger, as it is the second stage of grief after denial. Although it was a challenge, this chapter took less than an hour, although you can probably determine that from the length of the letter.