• Published 28th Dec 2012
  • 2,640 Views, 116 Comments

Letters From the Path of Loss - Tavi n Scratch



After the loss of someone near and dear to me, Princess Celestia recommended that I write a letter to my lost companion.

  • ...
9
 116
 2,640

26th, 364 Days After Death

Love,

Tomorrow’s the day. After lunch, I heard a knock at my door. Without waiting for an answer, Rainbow Dash walked into my room. She sat down in the chair next to me and stared at the ceiling. Typical Rainbow, not knowing what to say. After a short while she stood up and walked up to me, gazing into my eyes. I think it would be for the best to just quote her.

“Damn, I forgot how beautiful your eyes are. Now hold up, don’t say anything. I’m just here to tell you; tomorrow is the end, you’ll be dead before the day is over. You should say your goodbyes. I wish I had something profound to say, but I really don’t. See ya, I guess.”

When I blinked, she was gone. I rang for the nurse and asked her to gather my friends. Within an hour they were all gathered in my room. I told them that the world was ready for me to pass on, all that was needed now was for them to be ready. They began to argue, but they knew that I understood it more than they. One by one they said their farewells, none of them got through it without losing their composure.

Once they left I had the solitude of silence. My head is killing me, but that’s only a small annoyance that will soon come to an end. I guess it’s over. I will soon know where the path of loss leads. See you soon.

Hopefully.

Author's Note:

Welp, still trying to decide if an epilogue would be beneficial or not. Let me know what you think. But otherwise, that's it.

Till next we meet.

Tavi