• Published 28th Dec 2012
  • 2,640 Views, 116 Comments

Letters From the Path of Loss - Tavi n Scratch



After the loss of someone near and dear to me, Princess Celestia recommended that I write a letter to my lost companion.

  • ...
9
 116
 2,640

2nd, One Month and Two Days After Death

My Dear Dash,

I know it has only been two days since my previous letter, but I felt the need to write to you, hope you don't mind. After my first letter I felt an overwhelming sense of peace, and it was the best I have felt since you passing. These letters are a fantastic way to cope with the lot that life has given me.

Looking back at my other letter, it was very one-sided and dreadfully written, I sincerely apologize for that. How are you doing? How is the weather where you are? Speaking of which, where are you? Many scholars debate about the afterlife, and I'm quite curious which of them is right, if any.

Look at me, always bringing everything back to knowledge. Sorry about the that. I really miss you. It’s an odd phenomenon, feeling lonely even when I’m surrounded by others. No kind words can compare to your gentle touch. I feel guilty for shrugging off the girls, even though they claim it’s fine and that they understand.

I’m still staying in the palace. I just can’t bring myself to return to the library, the place will seem so empty without you. It’s hard to sleep without you, I just lie there and often cry. I know you hate it when I cry, so I’ll try harder to stop my tears.

Even though this letter is shorter than my first I feel that I’ve rambled long enough, I feel that my writing is unbearably bad at this point in time. I’ll talk to you later.

With Love,

Twilight Dash