• Published 28th Dec 2012
  • 2,640 Views, 116 Comments

Letters From the Path of Loss - Tavi n Scratch



After the loss of someone near and dear to me, Princess Celestia recommended that I write a letter to my lost companion.

  • ...
9
 116
 2,640

12th, Five Months and Three Weeks after Death

Dear Rainbow,

I had a nightmare last night. I haven’t had a nightmare in forever, but I had one last night. I woke up in a cold sweat, my heart was pounding and I kept telling myself that it was just a dream. But now that I think about it, it was a whole lot more. The dream felt like just a normal day, but something felt so off. Sorry to drag you into this story but I feel the need to share.

Anyway, I was standing in the streets of Canterlot in the middle of the day. Ponies bustled around me, all of them in a rush and not paying much attention to those around them. I looked around and in the corner of my eye there was a bright flash of light blue, I knew it was you, but when I looked I saw nothing. I could’ve sworn it was you.

I moved on through the streets, no real goal in mind, just wandering. I knew the roads of Canterlot well, but I felt so lost. I turned a corner into an alley, and there you were, hunched over, sobbing and panting. I stepped towards you with caution. You looked and saw me, you yelled at me. I didn’t understand what you said, but you were furious. I felt so bad, I had done something wrong but I had no idea what.

You flew away, looking as if you never wanted to see me again. I don’t know what I did but I’m sorry. I woke up in a cold sweat.

I’m so scared.

Twi