• Published 28th Dec 2012
  • 2,639 Views, 116 Comments

Letters From the Path of Loss - Tavi n Scratch



After the loss of someone near and dear to me, Princess Celestia recommended that I write a letter to my lost companion.

  • ...
9
 116
 2,639

10th, Five Months and Twelve Days After Death

Dear Dashie,

I had something very peculiar happen to me earlier today. I was at the market this morning, I was planning on picking up some stuff for a salad, when it happened. I know it’s impossible, but for some reason I need to keep telling myself that. I’m just overthinking this whole thing, that would explain the headache.

Anyways, while at the market I could’ve sworn I saw a pegasus with a cyan coat and a multicolored mane. I thought I saw you. I was going to approach you, or whatever or whoever it was, but as I stepped towards it it felt like my head split open. I was suddenly overcome by a horrible migraine, and my body crumpled to the ground. My vision blurred but I could’ve sworn the pegasus began to walk toward me. Then I fell unconscious.

I’m unsure of what to make of today’s events, but I have pretty much established one thing: what happened today and my memories of you are somehow connected. The head doctor back at the hospital wants me to go back so he can monitor me and run more tests. I don’t want to go back there, but I understand that this is the best, if not the only way to discover what is going on.

I’ll be returning to the hospital tomorrow, I’ll be going back to the place I despise most in the entire world. Wish me luck, I’m terrified. But then again, the possibility of what could happen without going there, it just worries me too much.

Okay, I have an idea. You watch over me tomorrow from wherever you are, and I’ll try my best to be brave. Deal?

I love you,

Twi