• Published 26th Dec 2012
  • 2,324 Views, 38 Comments

Suddenly... Ponies! - Liquidfirest0rm



After a mishap in their vacation travels, the Mane 6 inadvertently end up on earth.

  • ...
4
 38
 2,324

Chapter 6

Brandon paced back and forth across his living room. If there was one thing he was bad at it was waiting. He had thought about going up and checking on his new house ‘guests’, but decided against it. They would probably need some alone time to deal with everything properly, and besides, they had each other. He looked over at the clock, surprised at seeing that it was almost nine thirty in the morning.

A knock at the door drew his attention from the clock and he quickly crossed the room to answer it. He opened the door to find Chris standing on the other side.

“Hey m- Dude! What happened to your head?!” Chris exclaimed, immediately noticing the gauze bandage on the side of Brandon’s head.

“Long story, Come inside and I’ll explain.”

He led Chris into the living room and took a seat in one of the chairs, Chris opting to flop down onto the couch.

“So what’s going on, bro?”

Brandon ran a hand through his hair and let out a sigh.

“Dude you aren’t going to believe me. I mean it happened to me and I’m not sure if I believe it or not.”

They both looked up at the ceiling at what sounded like multiple heavy footsteps walking around upstairs.

“What was that?”

“That was what I needed to talk to you about.”

The sound of female voices trickled down from the upstairs, inaudible, but still clearly female. Chris got an excited look in his eyes and he jumped up from the couch.

“Dude! You got girls?!” He said as he took off down the hall. Brandon quickly gave chase behind him.

“No! It’s not what you think!” He shouted halfway up the staircase.

Chris had stopped at the top of the stairs and was now looking at him.

“What, is it supposed to be some kind of surprise or something?”

“No, its just… well… they aren’t girls.”

“Bullshit, dude. I know what I heard.” He turned around and headed further down the hall.

“Just listen for a second! I’m trying to explain.” His efforts falling on deaf ears as Chris continued down the hall.

“Yeah sure, not girls.” He said with a chuckle.

His laughter died off as he pulled open the door. Inside the room were three miniature horses. He stared at them for a moment and they stared back, well the ones standing beside the bed did. The one that was on the bed didn’t turn to look at him. Then it clicked that they were colored

“Dude, what the hell?” He said, looking over his shoulder at Brandon.

“That’s what I wanted to talk to you about.”

“What? You need help painting your new horses? I mean come on, rainbow striped hair?”

“You got a problem with my hair?!”

He looked back into the room to see where the voice had come from.

“Alright, great joke guys, you can come out now.”

“I’m standing right here!” Rainbow said, getting agitated at this new… whatever Brandon was. “And we’re ponies, not horses.” She spat out.

Chris turned back towards Brandon and let out a chuckle.

“Hehe… Talking pony…” He said before promptly collapsing where he stood.

Brandon reached out and caught him before he fell. He laid him out on the floor and looked up at Rainbow Dash.

“You know, introductions would go a lot smoother if you guys would stop knocking out people every time you meet them.” He said with a laugh.

“So is that what you are called? A people?” Dash asked, some of the questions they had wanted to ask earlier coming back to her head.

“No, we’re called humans. People is just a term we use to refer to others.” He noticed that Twilight was still curled up on the bed and Applejack had gone back to doing… whatever she had been doing before they came in.

“So what’s wrong with Twilight?” He gestured towards the bed.

“Oh…” Dash said, her ears flattening a bit. “She’s been blaming herself pretty hard for us being stuck here. She keeps thinking that we all hate her or something. I mean, we’re her friends, of course we’re going to stick with her. Especially since it isn’t really her fault.” She mumbled the last part under her breath, hoping he wouldn’t hear it.

“What was that last bit?”

“Huh? N-nothing. You need any help there?” She pointed to Chris who was still laying on the floor.

Brandon smacked him on the cheek a few times.

“Chris.”

He smacked him a couple more times, grabbing his shoulder and shaking him as well. Chris finally started to stir.

“Mmm… Huh?” He said groggily as he opened his eyes.

“Dude, what happened? I had a dream you had some colored horses in your room that talked.” Brandon smirked at the comment.

“I told you we’re ponies!”

Chris looked above his head, seeing the angry blue face not far from his quickly sat up.

“The hell!”

“Dude, calm down.”

“How? You have freaking talking animals! What is this, some kind of Dr. Doolittle shit?”

Brandon slapped him across the face, hard.

“Dude, chill your shit and I’ll explain.”

Chris rubbed the side of his face, but remained silent.

“OK, now remember last night when I disappeared from the game?” He nodded. “Well I heard some noise coming from upstairs and I went to check it out, thinking maybe someone was breaking into my house again. When I got up here though, I found these… ponies instead. The purple one over there knocked me out with a freaking lamp and I woke up a few hours later.”

Chris continued to stare at him but didn’t say anything so he continued.

“When I woke up, I kinda freaked out a bit. But after that, I actually got to talking to them and apparently they’re from some other dimension or something like that, but they can‘t get back.”

“And you just up and trust them like its nothing?” Chris finally spoke up.

“Well… yeah…”

“Sounds like something out of a B rated sci-fi movie to me.” He said, standing up again. “So what about TJ’s party tonight?”

They heard a gasp and turned to see Dash standing there like they had just said they were going to fix her for dinner. A split second later a pink blur tackled Chris back down to the floor.”

“GAHH!”

“Did you say party? Can I help? I love parties! What’s your name? Mine’s Pinkie Pie? Are you Brandon’s friend? Do you want to be my friend?”

“Get it off! Get it off!” Chris yelled as he struggled to get away from the pink monstrosity. It reminded him of a crack addict that had just gotten doped up after drinking 6 espressos.

“Pinkie! Can’t ya see y’all ‘r frightening the poor critter!” Came Applejack’s voice.

Pinkie looked down to see the newcomer half curled into a ball with its arms covering it’s head. The happy look on her face fell as she slowly climbed off of him.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to frighten you. I just heard someone talking about a party and I got excited.”

Chris uncurled a bit and stared at her from between his arms for a few moments.

“Sorry bout that sugarcube, that’s just Pinkie bein’… well… Pinkie.”

“Alright, just don’t do that again please.”

He made to stand up and Brandon extended an arm towards him. He grasped his hand and let himself be pulled up.

“You OK man?”

“Yeah, feel like I just ran a marathon though.” He said, dusting off his shirt.

“We could still have it here, just so long as we keep it downstairs.”

“What about people going to the bathroom? Only one you got’s up on this floor.”

Brandon pondered for a minute before turning to Dash and Applejack.

“Do you think you guys could stay hidden up here for a few hours?”

They both nodded.

“Alright then, that’s settled. Now we just need to pick up the party supplies; you coming?” He asked Chris

“Whatever gets me outta this nut house.” He said, heading for the stairs.

Brandon watched Chris head downstairs before turning back to the three ponies behind him.

“Sorry about that, Chris can be… a bit odd sometimes.”

“I’ll say.” Dash said, earning an elbow from Applejack.

“Anyway, thanks for the help. I’ll make it up to you somehow.” He turned back to the stairs. “I’d better go.” He said and headed after Chris.