• Published 26th Dec 2012
  • 2,326 Views, 38 Comments

Suddenly... Ponies! - Liquidfirest0rm



After a mishap in their vacation travels, the Mane 6 inadvertently end up on earth.

  • ...
4
 38
 2,326

Chapter 4

The six ponies stared at the doorway Brandon had left through. They heard the front door close, and shortly after, a loud rumbling sound that quickly faded off into the distance.

“Well, that went differently than I expected.” Twilight said without taking her eyes off the doorway.

“Ah reckon so.” Applejack chimed in. “That feller there is a might strange.”

“Yeah. What was with that guy? One minute he’s freaking out, the next he’s perfectly fine.” Dash added. “I think that hit to the head might have broken him or something.”

“Not to be rude or anything, but you both keep referring to it as a ‘he’. How do you know it’s a male?” Rarity asked.

Dash and Applejack contemplated the question for a moment. Dash was the first to answer, rubbing the back of her head with a foreleg as she did.

“Well… I dunno. Just a feeling I guess. I mean, as soon as he saw Fluttershy crying over his outburst, he started trying to comfort her. That’s something stallions do, right?”

“I agree with Dash. Acting as the peacemaker is typical stallion behavior.” Twilight added, and then turned her attention to Fluttershy. “You know a lot about animals, what’s your opinion?”

Fluttershy let out a squeak as she was put in the spotlight.

“Oh… Um… Well… He does have a deeper voice, but I couldn't say for sure without… Um… Checking.” She blushed a deep red and tried to hide her face behind her mane.

“Why don’t we just ask him when he gets back?!” Suggested Pinkie as she jumped into the middle of the group, drawing the attention to herself, much to Fluttershy’s relief. “I mean, if we are going to be staying here from now on, we might as well get to know more about him or her.”

The moments of lucidity that the bouncing pink mare occasionally had never ceased to amaze Twilight. How something so random could suddenly change at the drop of a hat and be completely logical baffled her. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she heard Applejack speak up.

“Since we are going to be here for a while, we might as well have a look around.” Nods of agreement came from the others, who started to get up and head towards the door.

“Wait a second.” Twilight said. Halting their progress towards the door. “Make sure that you don’t mess with anything that doesn't look familiar. There could be dangerous stuff around here.”

The others nodded and proceeded to file out of the room. They explored the floor that they were on first. As Brandon had said, there was a duplicate bedroom directly across the hall. Down further was another bedroom, which they avoided at Twilight’s demand of respecting Brandon’s privacy, and the bathroom.

The inside of the bathroom looked like a normal one you would find in Equestria. It had all the normal facilities; sink, shower/bathtub, and toilet, but they were all huge. The sink was up higher, the edge of it was sitting at just around eye level. The toilet was taller as well, but one of the big differences was the bathtub. Instead of the normal style that you could just walk down into, this one had a straight drop off the side, almost as if it was meant to be jumped into.

After everypony had gotten a look at the strange bathroom, they made their way downstairs.

“Why would anypony design stairs like these? It’s simply dreadful.” Rarity complained.

Upon reaching the bottom, they all split up, heading to whatever rooms seemed to interest them.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash returned to the room with the window they had been looking out of earlier. Now taking time to look at the rest of the room, they noticed how barren it looked. There was a couch and a couple of chairs arranged around a large wooden cabinet. In the middle of the cabinet was a strange black rectangle that was almost the size of a pony if they turned sideways. Finding nothing more of interest, they left to go see what the others were doing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie entered a room that looked like a simple kitchen/dining room setup. Pinkie had chosen the room to explore, Fluttershy simply tagging along out of not wanting to explore the strange place all by herself.

The room was fairly simple. Cabinets with wooden doors covered two of the walls. One section of the cabinets was separated by the only window in the room, underneath of which was the sink. A small stove sat at the end of the row of cabinets, and a strange silver box sat at the other end. Most of the open floor space was taken up by a fancy table that was glass, but with a small wooden border along the edges.

“Hey Fluttershy, what do you think this is?”

Fluttershy turned around to find her pink friend now perched on a counter starting into some kind of white box that was attached to the underside of the cabinets.

“Oh, dear. I don’t think we should be messing with that. Twilight said not to mess with strange objects. It could be dangerous.”

“Silly Fluttershy. How can a box be dangerous?”

The moment she finished the sentence, one of her hooves hit a button on the front causing a door to swing open, smacking directly into her nose. This in turn caused her to pull back, which made her topple off of the counter and onto the floor. Fluttershy immediately ran over to check on her.

“Are you OK?”

Pinkie looked up at her with both front hooves covering her muzzle and tears in her eyes.

“I don’t like that stupid box anymore.”

Fluttershy put a wing around her and attempted to comfort her. Before she could get out any words, however, the silent moment was shattered by a high pitched shriek that could only have come from Rarity. They both ran out of the room, literally running into Rainbow and Applejack in the process. They sorted themselves out and headed to the back of the house where they had heard the scream. They found her just inside the door that was behind where the stairs came out.

“Oh it’s simply dreadful!” Rarity said, a foreleg draped across the top of her head.

She was suddenly bowled over by the four mares attempting to all fit through the same doorway at once. A cacophony of apologies and questions about being alright ensued shortly after.

“What’s the problem Rares. We heard y’all hollering clear from the other end o’ the house.”

“The problem? Look at this place! It’s a complete disaster, that’s the problem!” She said indignantly.

The four mares all let out an annoyed sigh, Rainbow giving her a deadpan look. The room was full of items and objects randomly scattered haphazardly throughout the room.

“Hey, where’s Twi at? Surely she heard that ruckus.” Applejack said, noting the absence of one of their friends.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight sat wide eyed in the doorway, her pupils threatening to take over and her smile large enough to rival Pinkie Pie’s at a party. The room before her had three walls that were covered in book cases. As her eyes had scanned over the shelves, she had soon realized that she recognized none of the titles. Before her was a room full of books that she had never seen before.

Rainbow Dash appeared in the hallway behind her, taking one look at the room and then at the dazed unicorn sitting in the doorway, before rolling her eyes.

“I found her!” Rainbow shouted back down the hallway.

The other mares soon joined her in the hallway.

“She found a room full of books. No wonder she didn't come running when Rarity screamed.” She said with a chuckle.

The others joined her, laughing at the purple mare’s strange antics. The laughter broke her out of her spell, causing her to look behind her at her friends with a questioning glance.

“What?”

This caused the others to break out in even more laughter. Pinkie managing to get out a sentence in between bouts of laughter.

“Oh T-Twilight… You… You looked j-just… Like a foal s-setting… hoof inside a… A candy store for the first time!”

The purple mare blushed and scuffed one of her fore hooves against the floor. Before she could say anything, one of her ears perked up. Soon they all could hear the same rumbling noise from earlier approach, then come to a stop outside the front of the house.