• Published 26th Dec 2012
  • 3,997 Views, 108 Comments

The Beat of Their Hearts - Silentpegasus



A lonely DJ and a depressed musician meet in an unfortunte way. Can Vinyl help this poor soul or will his life forever be singing the blues.

  • ...
8
 108
 3,997

Epilogue

Epilogue

One year later

Things returned to normal on Ponyville, or as normal gets in the small town. Beat’s music soon spread across Equestria and the small bar was transformed into a club where he and Vinyl plaid on a normal basis. They even performed at Princess Luna’s video game themed birthday party.

Beat was decked out in a Dragonbourne outfit while Vinyl was dressed like Chell from Portal. After the festivities had died down, the two cosplaying ponies took the center stage. Vinyl was behind the mix table as Beat summoned his Violin. The two were in perfect sync as he played.

After the song ended the two took a bow. Beat then turned to Vinyl and grinned.

“Vi we need to talk about the music for the next wedding.” He said with a grin.

“Why, aren’t we going to be doing it?” He took off his helmet and summoned a small box.

“Hopefully not.” He said as he took her hoof and slipped a golden band around it. Her dark red eyes shrank to the size of pin tips and smiled. The crowd cheered as Vinyl tackled him and kissed him. Once the two were off stage Vinyl and Octavia rushed towards them.

“Oh my gosh!” Velvet said as she gave her brother a tight hug.

“Velvet....spine.....crushing.” The blue stallion wheezed out.

“Sorry! I’m just super excited!” She yelled as the other six girls walked up to them.

“I had better start on your dress darling.” Rarity said as she chatted with Vinyl.

“Can I host the reception?” Pinkie asked.

“Hell yeah!” Beat said. He walked over to Applejack and Dash who gave him a hug and a hoof bump.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seven months later.

Beat waited nervously in his tux. Octavia was by his side and rolled her eyes.

“Relax Beat you look fine.” She whispered.

“I know, I’m just really-” He stopped as the door opened and showed the DJ sporting a beautiful dress. The ceremony was beautiful and with Pinkie in charge of the reception the party was soon blazing. Velvet trotted over to her brother and tapped him on the shoulder. Beat saw Lilly with a small red Pegasus colt. She wished them both the best of luck in their marriage.

“Um Beat, theres somepony here to talk to you.” Beat shrugged and followed his sister. His eyes shrank as he saw a red Unicorn stallion in a nice suit and a blue Unicorn mare in a dress.

“Mom? Dad?”

“Hello son.” The stallion said. “Look, we know that we were never the best of parents and we only wanted what was best for you.” Beat started to frown at the two. “I now see that what I thought was wrong and I’m sorry. I’m sorry for not being the supportive father I should have been, I’m sorry for....we a lot of things.” Beat gulped as he tried to think of what to say when a familiar white mare trotted up next to him.

“Hey hun.” She said as she gave him a small peck on the cheek.

“Vinyl these are my parents.” Velvet said. The DJ’s eyes shrank and remembered what the stallion had told her.

“Nice to meet you Vinyl.” The blue mare said with a small gulp.

“You too.” She said with a nervous grin.

“I’m glad that my son met a mare that makes him happy.” She said with a small smile.

“Thank you both for coming.” Beat said with a nod. “I’m too nice a stallion to hold a grudge against my own parents.” He said with a smile. “C’mon lets party.” The two older ponies sighed and joined in on the festivities.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two years later

Octavia was walking with Vinyl in the streets of Ponyville with a cross look on her face.

“You need to tell him Vinyl!”

“I know! I know!” The white mare said with an agitated look on her face.

“If you don’t then I will!” Octavia said as the two entered the club. Beat was up on stage with his piano. As he finished his song a grey mare with a blonde mane trotted up to him with a letter in her mouth.

“Thanks Ditzy.” He said as he gave her some bits. He scanned the note and chuckled. “Listen to this folks.” He said as he started to read the letter.

“Dear Steady Beat,

I just found out today that I was pregnant, but I haven’t told my husband. I remember you playing a song about love. Could you sing it for us?”

Signed, a fan.”

“No problem.” He said as he summoned a microphone and a clone got on a piano. He started to sing. During the song he went around a few different tables to try to guess who the couple were. He reached Vinyl’s table and the white mare gave him a nod. Beat paid little attention and continued on to the next table.

“I love when you sing to....” He froze and immediately rushed back over to Vinyl. “R-really?”

“Yup.” She said as she bit her lip and smiled. The crowd cheered for him.

“I’m gonna be a dad!” He yelled. “Next round is on me!” He yelled as he hugged the white mare. “I love you Vinyl. You make this stallion’s heart beat with love.”

“Wow, that was the worst line ever. Of all time, you big softie.” She said as she kissed him.

The end.

Author's Note:

I want to thank all those who stuck with this story to the end.

Comments ( 12 )

Cool, rushed ending but cool, glad you finally finished this story. :twilightsmile:

bit rushed but it was still good.

3407047 Yeah I got tired of looking at it in my story folder.

3409521 No, Velvet offered to pay for Lilly's hospital visit and Lilly looked at Velete in surpise becaus of the gesture.

3409527
I know that now. Deleted my comment and the feelings of being an idiot has been felt. To be honest I forgot about Velvet, this story hasn't been updated for a while and I forgot about her. Oh well, what can you do? Glad you finished the story though, even though it feels rushed.

Ending seems a little rushed but I am otherwise pleased. Excellent story!

Good to see it finally get finished

Da feels...

I feel so nervousited!!! I wanna scream and laugh and cry and eat a potato and sing and wait hold up......why do I crave potatoes.... :derpyderp1:

6501427 It's a fanfic based in a world of technicolor horses that can fly, do magic, raise the sun and moon etc. What part of that universe seems normal?

You officially crushed my opinion on Thunder land now when ever i see him my first thought is "you scum of Equestria"

Well done

Login or register to comment