• Published 26th Dec 2012
  • 3,995 Views, 108 Comments

The Beat of Their Hearts - Silentpegasus



A lonely DJ and a depressed musician meet in an unfortunte way. Can Vinyl help this poor soul or will his life forever be singing the blues.

  • ...
8
 108
 3,995

Chapter 11: Recovery

Chapter 11

Recovery

Vinyl sat in the lobby along with Octavia, Velvet and Lilly with looks of concern strewn across their faces. Occasionally, Lilly would catch the death stare Vinyl was giving her. The doctor trotted out of the hospital room and sighed as the mares crowded around him.

“Beat is going to be just fine.” He said with a smile. “He has a small concussion and is currently unconscious.” The mare’s all let out a sigh of relief. The doctor then noticed the pink mare’s slightly bulging stomach. “Excuse me ma’am, but how far along are you?”

“Two months.”

“Have you been to a hospital recently?” He asked.

“N-no.” She said in a low tone. “I don’t have that much money and-”

“Send me the bill.” Velvet interjected.

“Very well, follow me then.” Lilly looked at the Unicorn mare in surprise. Velvet just frowned at her.

“Just so you know I’m doing this for Beat’s sake. Not yours.” She said in a flat tone. Lilly gave her a nod and followed the doctor down the hallway. Vinyl sat on the floor with her head held low.

“Why didn’t Beat tell me?”

“We don’t even know if it’s his and it probably isn’t.” Tavi said as she comforted her friend. “He was scared to tell you.”

“Why?” Vinyl said with a groan.

“He just found out this morning and he didn’t want to lose you.” Velvet said. “He loves you Vinyl. I can see it in his eyes.” The white Unicorn mare sniffled and rubbed her eyes. The three mares then saw a familiar whit nurse trot up to them.

“Beat is awake if you want to see him.” The three nodded and followed her inside. The blue stallion let out a sigh and looked at the white mare.

“Vinyl....I....” The white mare then wrapped her hooves around him.

“You’re an idiot ya know that?” She said with a sigh. “Beat, I know that Lilly’s foal might be yours and....I don’t care.”

“What?” He said as he looked into her bright red eyes.

“I know you didn’t cheat on me and that you agreed to help her even after what she did to you.” She said as she nuzzled his chest. “You’re the kindest stallion I know and I’m here for you.” She said with a smile. Velvet lightly blew her nose into a tissue as Octavia wiped some tears away. The door opened and the pink Pegasus mare entered the room with her head held low.

“Beat....I’m so sorry. I never wanted any of this to happen.” She cried. The doctor then walked in behind her. “It’s a Pegasus colt and it’s Thunderlane’s.” She said with a sigh. The blue stallion felt as though a ten ton bag of bricks had been lifted off his shoulders. He looked at the mare who slumped to the floor in sadness.

“What will you do?” He asked.

“Not sure.” She said as a few tears formed in her eyes. “Rose gave me the job and I found a place to live not too far away.” She said with a sigh. “If you don’t want me here then I can leave and-”

“Lilly. Ponyville is a nice town to grow up in. It’ll be a crime to send him away from here.” He said with a sigh. The pink mare cried and hugged the stallion.

“Thank you Beat!” She cried into his chest. “If I could change things then I would.”

“Ahem, hooves off.” Vinyl said as she glared at the pink Pegasus.

“Sorry Vinyl.” She said as she broke the hug. “Look, I know that we got off on the wrong hoof.” She said in a nervous tone. “Do you think that we could...start over?” Vinyl looked at the pink hoof and sighed. She lightly shook it.

“I’ll do it for Beat’s sake and you seem.....kinda nice.” She said as she rolled her eyes.

“Thank you.” She said with a small smile. As she started to leave the three, she turned around and smiled. “He’s a good stallion Vinyl. Don’t lose him.”

“I won’t.” She said as she hugged the stallion.