• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 6,736 Views, 259 Comments

Balance of the Mind and Body - Swift Blaze



Ever wonder if that Mayan Calendar prediction actually came true? What the world be like if everyone panic? Then come and read the following tale of a human that this happens to.

  • ...
91
 259
 6,736

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4: It's Pony Time

“Bob, are you ready to be changed into a pony, knowing that you will be in that form for two days?” Twilight asked.

Bob responded, “I’m sure. Being cooped up here, waiting for the Princess to get back to introduce me to the town, isn’t my ideal way of spending my time. I will get bored.”

“Bored!? How can you get bored with all of these wonderful books.” Twilight gestured to the collection of books in the room. The same books that Spike was working on putting away after her search for the spell.

“Books may be your thing, but they’re not mine. Can we proceed with this?”

The Unicorn nodded her head. She looked back to the book to read the spell one more time. Twilight wanted to make sure she knew what to do. Her horn started to glow. The body of the human was soon enclosed in the same color from her horn. He started to feel his body changing. The skin felt like it was boiling, and the bones twisted and rearranged to that of a pony. The pain was nothing Bob had ever felt before.

Twilight heard the human cry out in pain. She was about to try and reverse the spell, but Bob then shouted to her to not stop. The Unicorn nodded and continue to channel her magic into the transformation. Without warning, a bright flash came from the orb that surrounded the human. The spell had finished.

Twilight Sparkle felt exhausted by channelling all that mana into the spell. With tired eyes, she looked over to where Bob was last at. Instead of the human body, she saw a deep red coat earth pony with a two tone black mane and tail lying on the floor. His eyes were closed from being knocked out from the spell and pain.

The Unicorn checked the other ponies’ vitals with a simple spell. All was good. She let out a big yawn and looked at Spike. “I’m going to bed, Spike. That spell was a doozy. Please wake me when he wakes up. Should be in a couple hours.” She said.

“Sure thing Twi.” replied Spike. Under his breath, he said to himself, “That should allow me enough time to get these books back on the shelves. At least until she does another bout of research all through the night.”

In the unconscious mind of Bob, he find himself in the white space again. “Great, I’m dead again. Nice job, idiot.” Bob said.

”No, you are not dead. You are just in your mind. A little space I set up for you to do some training,” said God.

“Is this going to be like The Matrix training?”

”No, I told you will have to work for the knowledge. Turn around so we can begin.”

Bob did so. In front of him, stood Master Roshi. He was wearing his Hawaiian shirt and dark shades. He chuckled at the sight. “So, I take I’m going to learn some fighting techniques?”

”You are correct, my boy. Have to start with the basics before you can learn the hard stuff.”

Bob bowed to him and said, “I’m ready, master.”

Hours had passed before Bob came out of his mind training and come back to the real world. “Ow. Why does my body ache all over?” He said to himself. Oh yeah, Twilight turned me into a pony. Ninjutsu transformation didn’t hurt at all. Well, that is just an illusion. This is real. Ow. The former human tried to rub his head with his hand. Instead, he hit himself with his new hoof.

His new ears picked up the sounds of a pony quickly coming down the stairs. Twilight came over to Bob where he was still laying on the floor. She walked around him as the Unicorn looked over the result of the transformation.

“I take it that the spell worked, Twilight?” asked Bob.

She nodded with a smile. Her horn lit up as a mirror was levitated over. “Take a look yourself.” she said.

Bob looked into it. He too, was impressed. The color of his eyes was a red, purple color mix. The hair, or should be called a mane now, was now black. The coat fur on his pony body was red. He turned his head to look at his flank. Bob was wondering if and what kind of a cutie mark he would have. Sure enough, there was one there. It was the yin and yang symbol. I was hoping it was going to be that. With me learning stuff from those two animes, what could be more perfect?

Twilight Sparkle saw the former human smile when he saw his cutie mark. She asked him, “Would you mind telling me what that cutie mark stands for? I have a feeling you know with that grin on your face.”

“It’s true, Twilight. I do know what this stands for, and I am happy to receive it. It is called the yin and yang symbol. What it stands for is mostly about balance. That could be anything. From the sun and the moon, good and evil, harmony and chaos, and right and wrong. Everything needs to be in balance, not just the body and mind, but everything in nature and in space. I held on to this belief since I was a child.”

“That is something very good and pure to believe in. Don’t ever lose it.”

“I don’t plan to. One good thing about this now, I have my own pony form I can change into after this spell wears off.”

Twilight asked with a confused look, “How is that possible? I thought you need to see what you are going to change into to make it work.”

“Most of the time, yes. That would be if I was going to change into a pony, a creature, or an object. But with this, I can use my mind’s eye to recall what this new body looks like to transform into. I would try to demonstrate it now, but I can form the symbols with these hooves.”

“This is all interesting, but let’s get you up so I can show you around Ponyville.”

“I agree. Let’s get going.” Bob wobbled as he tried to get up on his new limbs. There were several falls onto his face and flank. After enough tries, the new earth pony was finally able to get onto all four hooves.

“You are picking up how to use your new hooves rather quickly. Shall we try some walking?”

"Yeah, I have an idea of how they work from watching you ponies. It still feels very odd being on all fours." Bob lifted his left front hoof, while balancing on the others. He wobbled a bit, but remained standing. Ok, now the back right. The new Earth pony repeated the walk pattern in his head, occasionally falling in different directions, but continuing to get up and try again.

Twilight remained by his side as he continued to relearn how to walk. Bob finally got to a good enough level to where he could hold a conversation without falling.

They headed out around noon time. Twilight had let Bob borrow an old saddle pack. With the door to the library closed behind them, they started the tour of the town. I can’t believe how exactly it resembles the TV show. The Earth pony thought while she pointed to different buildings. “Say, Twilight, how long have you been in Ponyville? I'm only asking because you mentioned you are a student of Princess Celestia. With that, you must have lived in Canterlot.”

“You are correct. I did live in Canterlot from when I was born to about a month ago. Princess Celestia had asked me to oversee the thousandth year of the Summer Sun Celebration right here in Ponyville.” She continued to talk about what happened to her when she arrived; the meeting of her new friends that she let into her heart; the prediction of Nightmare Moon coming to pass; and finally how they stopped her, rescuing Princess Luna in the process. All the same stuff from the first episodes.

“So, you and your friends now are the barriers of these, Elements of Harmony. I think I could see those traits in you ponies, now that I think about it. I'm grateful you found me, instead of drowning or something.”

Twilight said her welcome, then continued showing all the different buildings in town and where her friends lived in. The last stop was Sugarcube Corner where Pinkie resided. Before entering, Bob turned to her and said, “Twilight, I just thought of something. Since I am in a pony form right now, I should have a name, kinda like you ponies, instead of my human name.”

“Not a bad idea. Have you come up with one?” asked Twilight.

“I think so. What do you think of Swift Blaze?”

“I think it suits you. How long have you been thinking about this?”

“Since we left the Library. Another thing about me is I have different thoughts running around in my head as I do another task that don't have any connection with it.”

“You keep amazing me with what you tell me about yourself. Shall we go inside and get a treat?”

“Sure thing. But, let’s see if we can trick Pinkie by having her meet a new pony and not realizing it is me. Just hang back and follow my lead.

“Sounds like fun. Everypony will be laughing when you reveal yourself."

"Oh, can I have some currency of this world? Don't think what humans use will pass here, plus I left it in my bags at the library.”

"Not a problem. Here are a couple bits.” She levitated a couple coins from her bag and placed them in Bob's, now Swift Blaze.

He headed inside and saw Mrs. Cake behind the counter. “Well, hello stranger. I have not seen you in town before. Did you just get here this morning?” She said.

Not wanting for Pinkie to recognize, Swift Blaze changed the tone of his voice to a western accent, “Howdy there, ma'am. I did just arrive this morning. Got off the train coming from Appleloosa.”

“That is some distance to travel. What brings you here?”

“Mostly just to take a hoof off from constructing of putting up more buildings there.” All of a sudden, a pink blur came at Blaze from the kitchen. It was aimed to hit him, but with a slight twist out of the way, the object collided with a wall. “What in tarnation was that?” he said with a surprised look on his muzzle.

“I am so sorry! That is my employee, Pinkie Pie. I have told her to not tackle every new pony that comes to town. Pinkie Pie! Say you’re sorry to this nice stallion for trying to tackle him. His name is, . . . err . . .”

“Swift Blaze. My name is Swift Blaze. I'm actually kinda used to being attacked. We have some pesky buffalo wanting us to move the town someplace else for some unknown reason.”

“Sorry to hear that, dear. So what can I get you?”

“I'm in the mood for a couple of them fresh glazed donuts.” Blaze said as he licked his muzzle. Odd, never thought a pony's tongue was that long.

“Coming right up.” She headed to the kitchen.

Pinkie Pie picked herself up and came over to the Earth Stallion, “I'm so sorry for trying to tackle you, Swift Blaze. I just get so excited when a new pony comes to town that I have to meet them right away and become friends with them. Strange thing though, my pinkie sense normally goes off when a new pony comes into town.”

“Pinkie sense?”

“That is when my body sends me a signal base upon what my body does when I am not in control of it.”

Twilight now came into the shop and acted like she never met Swift Blaze before. “Hey there, Pinkie. How come you ran off early yesterday? I thought you would of liked to show Bob around town?”

“You know, silly. I have to plan his welcome party and that is going to be a surprise. Just like yours when you arrived here in Ponyville.”

If she only knew she just told me.

Mrs. Cake just came back with very fresh donuts. “That will be two bits, sir.” She said.

Blaze placed his head into the saddle to grab the money with his mouth. Once he felt two of the coins, he placed them on the counter for her. Mrs. Cake then walked with him to a table and set the food down.

"Enjoy it, deary." she said. Then, the blue mare returned to behind the counter to attend the next customer.

Blaze picked up one of them with his mouth and chewed the entire thing up. Even the pastries are better here than on Earth.

Pinkie and Twilight walked up to the table Swift Blaze was at. “Hey Twi, have you me Swift Blaze? He just arrived in town this morning from Appleloosa.” said Pinkie.

Twilight was doing her best to not mess with the joke Blaze was doing. “Can’t say I have. Well, it is nice to meet you, mister. How long are you going to be in town for?” Twilight asked.

“Not long, miss. Just a few days to relax before I return back to my hometown. I already got a place to stay at a hotel nearby.” Blaze replied.

“Hey! Do you want to come to the surprise welcome party we are having for our friend? It will be at the library at 8:00pm.” said Pinkie.

“Sounds like a barrel of fun. I'll see ya there.” said Blaze. He headed out, but not after picking up the last doughnut and eating it down quickly.

He returned back to the library. To keep the ruse going, he informed Spike of his prank.

"Oh, this is going to be hilarious! I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when you reveal yourself. How did you come up with something like that?" Spike asked.

"I've dabbled in some pranks back in college. Ones I'm under oath not to share with anything." Blaze said. With nothing to do, the stallion decided to kill time by reading some books on Equestrian history. More to familiarize himself with it.

Twilight showed up later with a huge grin on her face. “What has you in a happy mood?” Blaze asked.

“I am so excited to get back at Pinkie for startling me with my welcome party when I got here.”

“Glad to be of service. I can’t wait to surprise everypony the human they met now has his own pony form. So, in case ponies ask where I went, tell them I went into the forest to stretch my legs. Also, so they don't worry, tell them that I said I can handle myself if danger comes. Sound good?”

She nodded, then said, "Hold on. How did you know there is a place in Equestria called Appleloosa? None of my friends, nor I, mentioned it.?

"Um, I saw it on that map there on the table in the center of the room." Blaze said, hoping she will believe it.

Twilight turned her head to the table in question. Sure enough, a map was on it. "Huh, I thought I had put that away. When did you take a look at it?"

"When I was practicing walking around the room and chatting with you."

"Interesting. You managed to read a town's name on a map while walking and talking. Your mind is impressive. Anything you can't do?"

Blaze thought for a second, then said, "Mime."

"Huh?" Twilight said with a confused look on her face.

“It's a unique performing style back on Earth. So, are you going to invite the Princesses?”

Twilight's smile went even bigger! “I should! I'll go and write them a letter about the upcoming party. Oh, this is going to be so much fun!” She said as she clapped her fore hooves together.

As she went and pranced about to go and write the letter, Blaze went back to the book he was reading and waited for the party to start. I'm glad that map was there. Don't know what I would have said to explain my knowledge of this place.

Pinkie showed up at 7:30pm. She pulled in her party canon and fired it to quickly set up all the decorations. Mr. and Mrs. Cake showed up soon after with the food and drinks. Soon, everypony else had showed up. Some of them got ready to surprise Bob, the human. Blaze thought as he watched, Won’t they be the surprised ones.

“You remembered to tell Bob to come back at 8pm for dinner, Twilight?” Rarity asked.

“Of course." she said with a fake smile. Before anyone could question it, Twilight said, "Now then, it's getting close to him returning. Everypony, get into position!”

Everyone went to every possible hiding place. Blaze stayed close to Twilight. She whispered to him, “So, when are you going to surprise them?”

Blaze whispered back, “I will nudge you. Then, you'll get up and sound worried. Once everypony believes you, I will reveal myself.”

She giggled quietly at this plan.

8:15pm rolls around. Twilight felt the nudge. She got up slowly and looked around. “Where is he? He promised to return at 8pm. I am starting to worry girls.”

The others got up from their hiding spots. They too looked worried. “What do you think could have happened?” Rarity asked. “I hope nothing dreadful!”

“We should then go out and look for him! He might be hurt!” Rainbow shouted.

Blaze decided to reveal himself. In his normal voice, he said, “What is everypony worried about? Wondering where I have been?” They turned their heads toward the red Earth pony, looking for Bob in his human form. “What? Did you expect to come through the front door?” Everyone that was not in on the joke, dropped their mouths wide open. “I guess the surprise is now for you!” Swift Blaze started to laugh hard. He was on his back, holding his gut, laughing out loud. Twilight and Spike soon joined in laughing. Then, everyone else had joined in on the laughter.

“Oh man, Bob! I think that was the best prank yet!” Rainbow said, while flying and holding her belly too from laughing very hard.

"I didn't want to stay inside and wait for Princess Celestia to introduce me to the town. So Twilight used her magic and transformed me into pony for two days. I have roughly forty hours left before I should turn back. Once back in my human form, I think I'll be able to change back into this form whenever I want to after that. Also, I decided to give myself a more, pony name. That would be, Swift Blaze. Or you can just call me Blaze.”

"Swift Blaze, huh," said Rainbow Dash. "Guess that is twenty percent better than the name of Bob."

"You're still mad that I caught you saying my name backwards."

"AM NOT! I don't know who in Equestria would name their kid that."

"Remember, Rainbow Dash, I'm not from here."

Rainbow blew some air out of her nose, out of frustration. Then headed to the food table for some cider.

Rarity came up and said, “Oh darling, you look very handsome as a pony, and a nice name too. I have a couple designs I think would look good for you. Why don’t you stop by my place and allow me to make something for you.”

“Thank you Rarity, for the compliment. I'm sorry, but I can't afford anything like that. I do not have any money that will work here to pay for them.”

“Don’t worry about it. The first one will be free. Any others you can pay for them, when you can. At a friendly discount of course.”

“Thank you for the generosity. I will see you tomorrow then." Blaze turned to the hyper pink ball. "So, Pinkie, are you ok after I turned the surprise on the surprise planner?”

“Ohthatwassocrazyandtrulyunexpected! Youreallygotmegood. Iamsohappyyouarehereandsomuchfun. IwillcomeandseeyouwhenIwanttopullsomepranksonsomeponies.” She said at hyper speed.

“Pinkie Pie, you should really slow down your speaking so everypony can understand you.” Blaze said.

She nodded, then hopped away to continue hosting the party.

Blaze mingled with the other ponies he hadn’t met yet. He told some stuff about himself that they would believe while in pony form.

A little while later, the front door opened. The Princess of the Day and of the Night had arrived. They walked inside and closed the door. No guards were with them this time. All the ponies, including Blaze, bowed to them.

“Hello my fellow ponies. I hope we are not too late to surprise our newest arrival to Ponyville.” Princess Celestia said.

Most of the ponies had smirks on their faces, knowing that the joke is still going. Blaze walked up to them and said, “Good evening your highnesses. I’m sorry, but the guest of honor has yet to show. Would you mind describing what they look like?”

“Well, he is not a pony, nor any creature you might have witnessed or read about. He is about as tall as me, stands on his back legs, and has a very unique personality.”

“What do you like about MY personality?”

“Well, you remind me . . . wait. Bob?” The Princess started to sound surprised.

“That’s my name. Don’t wear it out. Well, I have a new name, Swift Blaze. Didn’t expect the surpriser to get surprised?”

“It was good, Bob, or should I say, Swift Blaze.”

“While in my pony form, call me Blaze.”

“We detected thy presence, but could not find where.” said Princess Luna.

“How did you figure that out?”

“Thy soul aura is different than thy ponies.”

“Huh, never could have guessed that.” Swift Blaze looked directly at the Princess of the Night. “Princess Luna, Twilight Sparkle had told me about your first visit to Ponyville and . . . the return of Nightmare Moon.”

Princess Luna duck her head lower as she still could not forgive herself for turning into that thing. Blaze saw that he’d struck a nerve. “I am grateful these girls were able to save you with the Elements of Harmony. I can’t imagine what you went through. If you want, you can talk to at night. I will most likely be up as I don’t need much sleep.” He said.

“We might take thou up thine offer.” she said.

“If you would also like, I think I can help you speak the way of the modern world.”

“We would appreciate thine experience in this.”

“It would be an honor to do so.”

Princess Celestia stepped up close to Blaze and said, “Whenever you’re ready, Blaze, I would like to find out more about your day when you arrived here. I sense it might be a touchy subject. That is why I did not ask when I first saw you.”

Blaze looked at her and responded with, “I’m grateful for that. It is somewhat a touchy subject. But, when I’m ready, I will tell you and my new friends. They should also know what happened to me.”

“I’m glad to see they have grown on you and you on to them. Have you determined where you are going to stay?”

“Well, if the others agree to it, I will see if the girls will allow me to stay with them. That is until I can get the resources together to get my own place. Before you say it, Your Highness, I cannot accept your generosity in giving me a place that is made for a pony. I won’t be a pony all the time, so I would like to make sure the house is set for a human.” said Blaze.

“I understand that your species require things differently, but don’t hesitate to ask for help, as we help everypony.”

“Thank you, Princess Celestia. If you would excuse me, I think I should verify where I am going to stay for the night.”

Blaze bowed to them and made his way back to the Mane Six. They had gathered together near the food table, chatting. “How is everypony enjoying this party?” he asked.

“We should be asking you how you are enjoying it, sugarcube.” said Applejack.

“I agree, do you like this social gathering?” Rarity asked.

“I’m definitely enjoying the party. This is the biggest celebration I’ve been to in years, especially one for me.” A tear started to form in one of the red Earth's pony's eyes. “I can’t thank you enough for rescuing me, healing me, and letting me into your hearts.” he said.

“Enough of this wishy washy. You are even making me tear up.” Rainbow said.

“Alright. So, seeing it’s getting late, and I just came to your world and broke, would one of you mind if I stay the night with you? This is only until I can get something together for my own place. I won’t be able to get it started until I’m back in my human body.”

They all started to offer up their places, except for Rainbow as her home is literally in the clouds. Blaze tried his best to hear each of their reasons why he should stay with them. The problem is, they are saying them at the same time. The only one Blaze could not hear was Fluttershy.

“HOLD IT!” He yelled to get their attention. “I realize now that was probably not the best way to ask. From what I can tell, you all have good points. But, I think there is only one pony that I should choose. I am truly thankful to her for taking care of my injuries.” Blaze walked to the pony in question. “Fluttershy, would you allow me to stay at your place tonight? In the morning, I could help you with the feeding of your animals.?”

Her face revealed a big smile. “Yes. I would like you to stay at my cottage.” Her voice was a little louder than normal so everyone could hear it.

Blaze placed a hoof around her, to give a hug.

The party started to die down as other ponies started to leave. The red Earth pony helped out with the others in cleaning up. The girls insisted that Swift Blaze didn’t need to help. He replied that he wanted to. Plus, this would allow him to practice being a pony some more.

After the cleanup, Fluttershy and Blaze walked toward her cottage. She kept close to him as she was a little afraid of the dark. Once they arrived, Angel stepped in front of the Earth pony to try and stop him from coming in. Fluttershy explained the situation of why he was here. The rabbit still gave him the stink eye as he let the pony pass.

Inside, Blaze said, “Fluttershy, where is the bathroom? I would like to freshen up before I go to bed.”

“Oh, it’s down the hall. First door on the right.” She said.

Blaze was in there longer than he would have liked. Trying to use the facilities was hard as he was still learning how a pony did it. Once done, the Earth pony made his way to the living room.

On the couch, he saw Fluttershy. She was asleep and under some blankets. I know I am the guest, but I could never take her bed. Blaze did his best to pick her up and place her on his back, without waking her. She must have been exhausted as she didn’t wake up as he carried the Pegasus to her bed. Angel was following them.

In the bedroom, Blaze whispered, “Look, I know you probably hate me.”

The bunny nodded.

“Can you put that on hold and help me by pulling the sheet back?

Angel looked at him for a few seconds. Then, he hopped onto the bed and pulled it back. The Earth pony gently placed her in the bed. The bunny pulled them over her, then position his body down next to the Pegasus and went to sleep.

Blaze went to the couch. He just collapsed onto it without a second thought. Soon, he too was off to dreamland.

Author's Note:

Edited by Izanagi and Biker Dash

PreviousChapters Next