• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 6,736 Views, 259 Comments

Balance of the Mind and Body - Swift Blaze



Ever wonder if that Mayan Calendar prediction actually came true? What the world be like if everyone panic? Then come and read the following tale of a human that this happens to.

  • ...
91
 259
 6,736

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 2: One Word, Ouch

”Have a safe journey and adventure. Watch that first step.” God said.

Bob responded with, “What?”

A blinding light filled his vision. It's kinda like a flash bang, but without the bang. His vision was obscured because of this. As he tried to get them refocused, his body started to feel moving air all around him.

The spots in his eyes soon faded away. This allowed Bob to see where he was placed. He could tell it was night time as the stars and the moon were out. His senses began to warn him about something. The wind was blowing upward on his body. Bob looked down and he didn't like what he saw. He was falling, without style.

“SSSSSHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!” Was all that came out his screaming mouth for thirty seconds. Bob's brain was working on overdrive from the fear and adrenaline that was coursing through his veins. He tried to think of something that could save him. Nothing was coming at first, then he remembered that God gave him some abilities.

Bob tried to think of flying from DBZ, but nothing was coming, No basic jutsu would be able to save him from this. The last option that might work are energy balls. Come on. Work dammit! Work! he screamed into his mind and body to produce the results.

A warm feeling began to emit from his right hand. Bob concentrated on trying to form a sphere of the energy gathering there. It started small, but soon grew to the size of a baseball. He was filled with joy that he made it, but soon realized the ground was approaching fast.

Bob saw some sort of a river was close to being below him. He twisted his body to best align him with it. The energy ball was still floating in his right hand. With about fifteen seconds from impact. Bob launched it to the water below. It made contact with the water and exploded. He shifted his body to a shallow dive position and braced for impact.

Contact.

The force of hitting the water knocked Bob out. He couldn’t tell how long he was out, but wished he wasn’t dead already. The pain was starting to throb from his limbs Ow. Hate the pain, but at least that should mean I’m not dead. A sharp pain was now coming from the chest. It felt like someone was hitting it with a big hammer. He soon felt himself spitting out water.

Bob tried to see what was going on. His vision was blurry. Before he could focus, he blacked out again.

The next time Bob was able to wake up, he saw he was in a building. The pain from his limbs was still somewhat there, but not as severe as before. He looked around to see where he was. His eyes saw that he was lying on a cot in a room that looks like it was made from a tree. I must be in Twilight’s house.

His ears began to pick up on some voices upstairs. Bob focused on the sounds to try and determine who was up there. The first voice he recognized was Rainbow Dash talking. She shouted, “That thing should be locked in chains! It could be dangerous!”

I must be the thing she was referring to. Bob made a small laugh, quietly, but quickly stopped as the pain started to come from his chest. He also noticed his left arm and right leg were in a cast. I don’t think chains would be necessary as I can hardly move right now. He continued to pay attention to the voices up stairs.

“Dash, you saw how it is. It was severely injured. The injuries show signs that it fell from a great distance.” said Twilight Sparkle.

“I agree with Twi, sugarcube. Besides those casts on him, they’ll prevent it from going anywhere for a while anyway.” said Applejack.

“I still think a chain from the bed to a leg should be done to protect everypony, just in case.” said Rainbow.

That’s your typical Rainbow Dash. She sees almost any strange creatures as a threat. Such loyalty to her friends just to protect them. Bob looked around the room some more. He soon spots the bags he packed back on Earth. They were leaning against the wall with the sword next to them. It appears they have not gone into the bags. Who knows what would happen if they messed with what’s inside. A sharp pain from his leg hit him hard. It caused Bob to shout from the intensity of it.

“I think it is waking up. Let’s go check on it.” said Twilight.

Bob quickly laid back down and closed my eyes. He soon heard the door open upstairs. The sounds of several hooves hitting wood started at the top of the stairs. They were getting closer. He did his best to stay perfectly still. Bob was acting that he was sleeping, even though the pain coming from his limbs was coming back.

“It appears to still be asleep, sugarcube. But I reckon that look on its mug means that it’s in pain.” said Applejack.

“I will perform the spell again to dull the pain away so it can rest peacefully.” said Twilight.

Her horn started to glow. Bob could feel warmth entering his body, causing the pain to subside. Without warning. A hyper voice from the top of the stairs came rushing down as it spoke.

“Twilightwhydidyounottellmeanewponyhascometotown. Mypinkiesencehasbeengoingoffsayingsomethingstrangandnewhascometotown!” said Pinkie Pie in her hyper state.

She then did something that Bob hoped she wasn’t going to do. But she did it anyways. Pinkie Pie jumped onto Bob. It caused the pain to come back, tenfold. Bob launched his body to sitting position from the pain. It also caused him to knock Pinkie off. He held onto his chest with his right hand from the pain.

Bob looked to where the girls were standing. Seeing them for the first time in person, they looked exactly like on the TV show. They started to back away from Bob as to what Pinkie caused.

“Pinkie, why in Equestria did you jump on it? Couldn’t you could see it was injured and asleep?” said Twilight.

Pinkie Pie replied, “It wasn’t asleep, silly.”

“Why do you think it was not asleep?”

“My pinky sense told me.”

Great, can’t fool her when I fake sleep. Bob finally noticed that the entire Mane Six were there. Rarity hasn’t done any talking that he heard. It was probably because she was looking at the clothes Bob was wearing. It was either to determine if they were beautiful or horrid. Fluttershy might have talked while up there, but Bob couldn’t tell as her voice would have been too quiet.

Twilight stepped forward and said, “Hello, my name is Twilight Sparkle. Are you able to understand me?”

Bob nodded my head.

“What is your name?”

He replied with “Bob.”

“Bob?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“You said it backwards.” he told her. That got a chuckle out of Applejack. Rainbow acted like she wasn’t amused being caught on that joke.

Bob already knew their names, but since he didn’t want to reveal how he knew, ignorance would be an ally. “So what are everyone’s names, seeing as how we are introducing ourselves?”

Applejack went first, “Howdy partner. Names Applejack. I own an apple farm down the road named Sweet Apple Acres. The best apples on this side of Equestria!”

Rainbow Dash quickly went next, “Name's Rainbow Dash! Fastest flyer in all of Equestria and future team member of the Wonderbolts!”

Up next was Rarity, “Hello darling. You may call me Rarity. I must say your clothes are dreadful. Come by my shop when you are better and let me design you something better to suit your style.”

Pinkie Pie jumps in close and starts talking, “Hithere. I’mPinkiePie. Sorryforjumpingonyou. Ijustcouldn’twaitforyoutowakeupandmeetyou! Doyoulikeparties? ILOVEPARTIES! . . .” Bob had his right hand over her mouth to stop her from rambling on.

“Please, Pinkie. Can you slow down your talking speed and allow me to answer your questions? My body is already injured. I don’t want my head getting a headache from trying to process all you are saying. I shall answer questions once I get to meet everyone.”

“Everypony.” Twilight corrected.

“Huh?”

“You said everyone. The correct way to say is everypony.”

Bob rolled his eyes for being corrected when he already knew the correct way to say it.

Twilight restarted the introducing, “Ahem, as I said before, my name is Twilight Sparkle and I run the library above us. I'm also the personal student of Princess Celestia.”

Last one to go was Fluttershy. She was currently hiding behind Applejack, shaking, scared, and trying not to look at me. Applejack decides to speak for her, “The pony behind me is Fluttershy. She takes care of lots of woodland creatures that come out of the Everfree forest. She also has a tendency to be scared of lots of things.”

Bob decided to try and comfort her by talking calm and smooth, “It’s ok Fluttershy, You do not have to be afraid of me. I know I look strange, seeing you probably never seen a creature like me. I promise you, I will never harm you, your friends, or any creature that is under your care.”

She poked her head from behind Applejack and put on a big smile. “May I ask what species are you, if you don’t mind?” She asked softly.

“I would more than happy to. But, can we do this a little different than usual. I too have several questions that are popping into my head. What we can do, is go back and forth asking questions and answering them.” Bob looked at Pinkie Pie. “And please, only ask one at a time so I can answer them if I can.”

Twilight’s eyes grew bigger than normal. Probably knowing that she is going to be learning about a species unknown to her. She ran quickly upstairs to grab the stuff she will need to write all this down. She was back down, in the basement, in ten seconds flat. Rainbow Dash was impressed with the speed she showed. Twilight Sparkle then realized that somepony else should also be here, her mentor Princess Celestia. She shouted up the stairs, “SPIKE!”

Bob’s ears were ringing from the big shout from the pony. As the ringing died down, he soon heard something else coming down the stairs. He knew who it was, but Bob was a little excited was going to see a dragon in real life. He didn’t care that Spike is still considered a baby dragon.

Halfway on the stairs, the dragon looked at him and asked Twilight, “Um, Twi? Why isn’t that thing down there and not chained?”

“Spike! Behave, please. Can’t you see it is injured?” Twilight took a quick sigh. “We are about to ask it questions. I would like you to send a letter to the Princess telling her the situation. Also, to invite her to hear what it has to say. Finally, to get her opinion of the creature.”

“Right away, Twilight!” said Spike. He pulled a letter and a quill from behind him and wrote out the letter. He rolled it up and breathed his magic fire that will transport it directly to the Princess.

While they waited, Bob began to think, I am overfilled with joy knowing exactly where I am and who I am with! Then something popped into Bob’s head. The Princess of the day was on her way. He hoped those barriers will hold if she decided to peak in. Still with no one talking, Bob decided to recall exactly what abilities and jutsu that he could do right now. Minutes passed. He opened his eyes again and noticed that all of them were looking at him with confused looks. “What is everypony looking at?” Bob asked.

Rarity spoke up, “Well, Twilight and I noticed a strange aura around you when you closed your eyes. You mind telling us what that was?”

“Um, well, seeing we are waiting for another guest to show up, I decided to meditate and gather my thoughts.”Hope they believe that.

Applejack was giving me a strange look. Bob quickly thought, Shit! Her honesty might be seeing through that lie. Better lean more truthful to stay under her lie detecting radar.

Bob began to try and scratch an itch under his arm cast.

Fluttershy quickly said, in a more audible level, “I’m so sorry! I did not realize they were causing you discomfort.”

Bob replied, “It’s no problem Fluttershy. You could not have known, as I was unconscious. I do appreciate that you have made sure to set the bones into the sockets before wrapping them in a cast.”

Fluttershy blushed a little bit from the compliment. “I did my best as I didn’t know what creature you are. My best guess is that you are close to a monkey in structure. Is there anywhere else that you are hurting?”

“Now that you mention it, I think one or few of my ribs are either bruised or broken. But I don’t think they have punctured my lung.”

Fluttershy walked up to where Bob was sitting on the cot, She reached a hoof up to my chest, but stopped before touching. “Um, may I? If you don’t mind.” She asked. Bob nodded to her as he lifted his arms out of the way as best as he could. Her hoof finished moving the distance to his body. It moved around where all the ribs were located. Bob winced in pain when it touched one of the injured ribs. “None of them don’t feel broken. But we should get you to a proper doctor to get checked and healed.”

“Thank you, Fluttershy. I just don’t know how any doctor could help if none of you have seen my species.” said Bob.

Spike let out a belch from nowhere and a scroll appeared. Twilight lifted it up with her magic and opened it. After a quick read, Twilight said, “The Princess said she will be here in a few seconds with her sister, Princess Luna, as well.”

In the middle of the room a bright flash filled the room. Everypony else had prepared themselves for that. Bob, again, started to see things in his vision from staring at it.

In the middle of the room, where the flash started, stood Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. They were wearing their royal crowns and accessories. Behind them, stood six Royal Guards, with their weapons drawn and pointed at Bob. Everypony kneeled down before them. Bob remained in the cot as a leg was still in a cast. But he bowed his head instead.

“Everypony may arise. That too includes you, human.” Celestia said.

Author's Note:

Edited by Izanagi and Biker Dash

PreviousChapters Next