• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 6,733 Views, 259 Comments

Balance of the Mind and Body - Swift Blaze



Ever wonder if that Mayan Calendar prediction actually came true? What the world be like if everyone panic? Then come and read the following tale of a human that this happens to.

  • ...
91
 259
 6,733

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23: All Aboard!

When Swift Blaze started to wake up, he looked around to see where he was. By the decor and annoying beeping coming from a machine, it wasn’t hard to guess that he was back in the hospital. He thought to himself he should get a permanent room here if he keeps on doing this.

Blaze soon felt a headache was coming on. When he went to rub his head with a hand, he got hit with a hoof. Rubbing the bruise he just gave himself, he didn’t recall changing to his pony form. The door to the room opened and he saw the girls, Spike, several other ponies he knew, and finally the Princesses of the Sun and Moon came in. There was no room left anywhere for a pony to stand.

“Uh, hi everyone,” Blaze said with a confused look.

Twilight replied, “I’m happy to see you are awake.”

“Thanks. So, how long was I out?”

“About thirty-six hours. You were really banged up from the storm.”

Thinking on that and what’s planned, Blaze said, “So, tomorrow is the first of August. I’ll be starting the Royal Guard training.”

The white Unicorn asked, “Now why in Equestria would you even think of going to that now? You’re still injured!”

“I’ve started to teach myself some medical-based jutsu. It will help speed up the healing.”

“Is there anything you will not be able to do with your abilities?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Hmm, mime.”

All the ponies in the room started to laugh. Blaze did a slight chuckle as he felt his ribs were also banged up.

“Glad to see your humor has not been injured,” Princess Celestia said.

“How long do you think it will take you to heal yourself?” Twilight asked.

“Learning this style is harder compared to the others. I have to have a good understanding of what each cell, organ, and bone is capable of handling. From there, knowing what the injuries are.”

“I can answer that,” said The Doctor. “You broke your left, hind leg. It’s fractured in multiple spots. You have a couple broken and bruised ribs. There are several dozen cuts over your body. You also have several burn marks. Where, if I had to guess, is where lightning had struck you. Lastly, you have a mild concussion. A normal pony would be in the hospital for at least a month to heal.”

“Wow, and here I thought it turned out better.”

“So,” said Rainbow Dash. “How quickly do you think you can recover from that stunt?”

“There’s one slight hiccup in me being able to do that.”

“What’s that?” asked Fluttershy.

“I was studying this in my human form. As you can see, I’m somehow back in my pony form. I’m still trying to figure out how that happened.”

“I can answer that one,” said the purple Unicorn. “After the Doctor put you under, he couldn’t properly take care of your injuries. There was no one who knew your anatomy. So I use my magic to change you into a pony, again.”

“So, I will be stuck like this for two days. That won’t be bad.”

“Actually . . .” Twilight said bashfully, “I kinda super charged the spell in haste as I was worried about your health.”

“So how long will I be a pony?”

“Um, two weeks,” the mare said quietly.

Blaze shouted, “TWO WEEKS!”

“I’m sorry! I just wanted the Doctor to save your life,” she said as tears were showing up in her eyes.

“It’s ok, Twilight. I’m sorry for shouting. The amount I would be in this form just surprised me.”

“So Blaze will be bedridden for that time until he gets his human body back and heal himself. Doesn’t seem that bad,” said the blue Pegasus.

“That won’t be necessary,” said Princess Luna. “My sister and I came to thank you for saving the town and its citizens. Plus we wanted to make sure you will be well enough to attend the training. We’ve gathered these recruits and don’t want to delay it while you are injured.”

“Just like when you’ve crash landed onto our world,” said Princess Celestia. “We’re going to use our magic to heal you. It would be unfair for the instructor to deal with an injured pony.”

“Gee, thanks. I would hate for him to think I took on a storm so I can skip training.”

“Once you are out of the hospital, I have a big party planned for you,” Pinkie Pie said.

“Let me guess what it will be for. Saving the children, stopping a tornado, getting well, and a farewell trip to training.”

The pink mare said while surprised, “HOW DID YOU KNOW!”

“I’m starting to get how you think and that’s scaring me.”

The ponies in the room laughed again. If his ribs hadn't been, the stallion would have joined in the laughter.

The white Alicorn said, “It might be a blessing for the time you’ll be in the training. You were going to be a pony the entire time.”

Blaze asked, “How long is the training?”

“Two weeks.”

“Guess now I’m forced to stay in pony form. It’ll be an experience for sure. Living like a pony all that time.”

“It won’t be that bad. You already have done some time when you first showed up,” Applejack said.

“True, plus I won’t scare any of the other trainees right off the bat. At least I can still access the ki and chakra. The more complex Jutsus are going to be the problem though,” he said as he held up his fore hooves.

“Was there any more questions you wanted to ask?” Princess Luna.

“Just one more. Why are there so many ponies in this room?” the stallion asked when he looked at them.

“The children and I wanted to thank you for rescuing us from the storm,” Cheerilee said as the children around her nodded their heads.

“The rest of us want to thank you for stopping that out of control storm before it did any damage to Ponyville,” Mayor Mare said. The others nodded for the reason.

“You’re all welcome. I just felt what was right to do given the situation. I want to use these abilities for good and to protect the ones I care for. Thank you all for visiting,” Blaze said.

The ponies started to leave the room. Soon only the closest friends were left, the girls, Spike, and the Princesses.

“I can see in your eyes, Blaze, you have one more question,” Princess Celestia said.

“You’re correct. I would like to know where that EF3 tornado came from. I know the weather Pegasi would not have scheduled a storm if the Everfree Forest had one coming in.”

“EF3? Why did you call the tornado that?” the purple Unicorn asked.

“Back on my world, we have tornadoes too, but we can't control the weather like you can,” said the stallion. “A scientist developed a scale to measure the intensity of the tornado and called it, the Fujita scale. It has been since upgraded based upon better data collected from them. It is now called the Enhanced Fujita scale, or EF scale. It goes from EF0, which does minimal damage, to EF5, a tornado that will wipe a town off the map and leave nothing but destruction and death.”

Spike said, “It’s still amazing you humans can do so much without magic.”

“Back to the question, where did that one come from?”

The princess of the sun replied, “As you know, that forest is still unknown to us. No pony has gone to figure out why it is like that. I’ve sent a patrol to keep an eye on the area for anything out of the ordinary.”

“So, did any other pony get hurt from the storm?

“Just a few got scrapes and bruises. Nothing like what you received,” said Twilight. “I heard of reports of you also doing some rescuing in town during the storm. Were they shadow clones? During some of the rescues, they all suddenly disappeared at the same time. No ponies were hurt though.”

“Might have been when I used the last of my chakra to teleport to you Twilight. I actually forgot about them till this moment. Guess I really pushed myself to the limit this time.”

“Please don’t do something that dangerous again. I hate to see you in pain,” Fluttershy said.

“If I don’t do this, other ponies will get hurt. I can take the hits and survive from the training I put myself through. I promise that I’ll be more careful.”

The yellow Pegasus smiled and nuzzled the stallion. All the ponies, except the Princesses, left. They channeled their magic into their horns.

Princess Luna said, “During the healing, you’ll be put back to sleep so you won’t fidget while we heal you.”

“That’s fine. I’ll work on some things in my head,” the stallion replied. He closed his eyes as he drifted off

Inside his mind, Blaze was back in my human form looking over a grassy landscape. Now that he was going to be a pony during the training, he thought doing some practicing with that body would be good. He made some clones and they transformed into pony form and started to spar. He looked through the jutsu list to see what might be useful at some point.

After an hour of training, a clone started to scream in excitement. “I did it! I did it!”

The other all ran to the clone in question. “What did you do?” the human asked.

“I found out how we can do hand sign jutsu in pony form!”

“Release yourself so we can see the memory.”

The clone did and the others recalled what happened. Blaze couldn’t believe he hadn't thought of it sooner. What happened was the clone had his fore hooves together, bottoms touching each other. He thought of the hand signs in his mind for the jutsu. When that last hand sign was thought of, the jutsu activated.

Blaze exited his mind from the excitement and initially jumped off the bed. The stallion realized he didn’t have the magic weights on his body as he collided with the ceiling. He landed back in bed and began to rub his head, gently with a hoof this time. The door to the room opened and Twilight came rushing in.

“Blaze, are you alright?” the mare asked. “I heard a scream and a thud.”

“I’m alright. While I was under, I learned something that helps this pony form,” he replied.

“That’s good to hear. What did you learn?”

“I figured how to perform hand sign jutsu in pony form,” the stallion said in a singsong voice.

“How can you when you don’t have hands?”

“I can place my fore hooves together, like so. Then, think of the hand signs for the jutsu I want to perform. Finally, I shout out the jutsu and it goes. Here, let me show you.”

Blaze carefully got out of the bed and stood on his hind hooves. He placed his fore hooves together and shouted, “Lightning Style! Lightning Shock Jutsu!” The stallion’s body shout out weak sparks in random directions.

“That’s amazing, Blaze,” said the purple Unicorn. “I knew you’d find a way to use your jutsu in this form. Seeing as you’re better now, let's get you checked out.”

“Sure. Where are my clothes for my pony form?”

“They’re over on the floor over in that corner. Be careful as the spell is still active. We had to keep them off the furniture since the clothes kept breaking them.”

Blaze put the put on the undershirt, hoof bands, and the top of a pony gi. The enchanted clothing didn’t cause an issue. The two left the room and made our way to the entrance. The stallion waved goodbye to the Doctor and said, “Thanks for the patch-up. I’ll see you in a few weeks when I get injured again.”

“I‘ll have your bed ready then,” The Doctor joked back.

They stepped outside and Blaze saw what was left in the cleanup from the storm. Mostly everything was cleaned up. All that was left was a few branches that were being dragged out of town. The red Earth pony followed the purple Unicorn to who knows where as he just wanted to take it easy, for once. All the ponies were waving to him and thanking him for saving the town. He welcomed them and continue to walk. They arrived at Sugarcube Corner and entered.

The stallion saw Mr. Cake was behind the counter this time. When the yellow Earth pony saw who entered, he said, “Hi there, Blaze! Glad to see you’re doing better. Pinkie came rushing in and told us you woke up. Then she left just as quick. Couldn’t even ask her anything.”

Mrs. Cake walked in from the kitchen and said, “Oh, Blaze! I heard your name and had to see how you were doing. I fainted when I heard you took on that tornado. It's good to see you weren’t as injured as everypony was saying.”

“I was pretty banged up,” he replied. “The Princesses came down and used their magic to speed up the healing process. I’m glad no other pony was hurt.”

The stallion’s stomach let out a growl like a Manticore. He chuckled to himself as he placed a hoof on it to calm it.

“It seems you have a beast to feed. Let’s make you something special for saving us. It's on the house and I insist,” Mrs. Cake said

The pair headed into the kitchen to whip something up. Blaze went and sat by a table. Twilight joined him.

“So, how many ponies know what I did?” he asked the mare.

“Everypony in Ponyville, the Princesses, and the Royal Guard,” she replied. “But most only know of the name who saved them as they never met you.”

“Hopefully this puts me in good graces with your brother.”

“Oh, I wrote my brother and told him that you saved the town from the storm. I didn’t have details as you were still unconscious. He did reply back, thankful I was not severely hurt and wanted me to let you know that no amount of injuries are going to stop you from attending. He was willing to come down here and drag you to the training grounds.”

Blaze was somewhat happy that the Captain liked he saved her sister and the town. But he still wanted to break the red stallion’s body and spirit in the training sessions.

“Glad I’m almost back to myself. So, when do I head to Canterlot?”

“You’ll take a train tonight and arrive there just before dawn. They like to start early with the trainees.”

“Thanks for letting me know. I’ll be able to get some sleep and some more mind training in before I arrive.”

After a few minutes of silence, the swinging doors to the kitchen opened up and a cart being pushed came through. On top of it was a six-tier cake. The main cake was red in color and was decorated with small explosions. On top was a mini human of Blaze in a fighting stance against a nasty tornado. The red stallion smiled big as it was brought in.

"I hope you like it, Blaze. We started it yesterday and put the last touches just now. It was going to be revealed at your party this afternoon, but I couldn’t wait to show you," the blue Earth pony said as she walked from behind the cake.

"The cake looks awesome,” he replied. “I definitely like the figurines on top. Thank you for making it. I’m afraid to eat this entire thing and get as hyper as Pinkie."

"I can understand. So, what else can I get you?"

"How about two large cherry shakes and a dozen of my cookies?"

"Coming right up," Mrs. Cake said as she headed back to the kitchen.

"That’s an impressive cake. I wonder how Pinkie was planning on bringing the cake to the party?" Twilight asked.

"I think I’ll surprise them and bring it myself."

"How in Equestria are you going to manage that? You’d need a wagon to carry something that big."

"The same way I got my furniture to my place."

Blaze put his hooves together, thought of the hand signs, and summoned the saddle bags he purchased with the furniture. He dug through one of them until he found a piece of paper and a pen. The stallion drew a sealing jutsu circle on it.

"What are you doing?" the Unicorn asked as she watched.

"This is another type of jutsu ninjas used on that show when they wanted to securely carry something in secret."

The stallion placed the paper on the cake and stepped back. Twilight joined him by his side. "Now you see it . . ." He activated the jutsu and the cake disappeared, "Now you don't."

"What did you do with the cake?"

"It’s inside the piece of paper that’s laying on the cart."

Twilight picked it up with her magic and looked at it in detail. There was a shadow image of a cake in the middle of the circle. "This is amazing! Can you put anything in this?" the mare asked with a sparkle in her eye, wanting knowledge.

"Only objects can be placed into that seal, no living things. The other thing I have to consider is the weight and size. The bigger those are, the more chakra I have to use."

Twilight teleported a scroll and quill to her and began to write down notes. About ten minutes later, Mrs. Cake came out with the stallion’s order.

She looked over to him and asked, "Where is the cake, Blaze?"

"A pink blur came in and snatched it," he replied.

"Pinkie must be rushing around to finish getting your party ready."

"That reminds me, she forgot to inform the guest of honour where and when it is."

"It’s at your place in the front yard. Suppose to start at one o'clock."

"Thanks."

The blue mare placed the order down and went back to the kitchen. The red Earth pony began to have his shake and eat some of the drops. Twilight was focused on what she was writing. Blaze saw she wasn’t paying attention to her surroundings. He decided to have some fun with her.

The stallion transformed into Spike and continue to eat his food. After half an hour later, Twilight finally finished what she was writing. The mare used her magic and sent the items back to the library. She looked across the table saw saw the little dragon. The Unicorn then looked all around the shop for the red pony she was just with.

A worried look went on her face as she asked, "Spike, when did you get here and where did Blaze go?"

Blaze replied in the purple dragon’s voice, "I’ve been here for two hours, waiting for you to finish. Blaze left to go to his party and then the train."

"Why didn’t you tell me!"

"Because you told me not to bother you if you're deep in thought or writing."

Mr. Cake was behind the counter, watching the scene before him. He tried to hold his laughter in.

"I need to run if I want to catch up before he leaves," Twilight gets up and started to run to the door.

"Twilight! Wait! Blaze wanted me to give you a message."

"Make it fast."

The dragon got up and ran to stand in front of her. He struck a 'ta da' pose and said, "SURPRISE!"
He released the transform jutsu and reappeared in his pony body in the same pose.

"Blaze! What was that for! I thought you actually left before I said goodbye."

Mr. Cake was now laughing out loud.

"Just proving once again you’re not aware of your surroundings. Now let’s go back to the table and finish the treat."

Twilight went back to the table and snagged the other shake that hadn’t been touched. Blaze took the other one he’d been working on. As the stallion took a few sips, the Unicorn across from him never stopped glaring at him while she drank her own. When she grabbed one of the cookies and placed it in her mouth, the glare disappeared and enjoyment took its place.

"Mr. Cake, when did you create this tasty cookie?" the mare asked.

"I didn't. Neither did Cup Cake. Blaze gave us the recipe," he replied.

Twilight turned to the red Earth pony, now with a surprised look. "Where and when did you learn to bake?"

"For where, back on my world. For when, several years ago. Any other questions?" he asked.

"What are these called?"

"Blaze's Chocolate Drops" Mr. Cake replied.

"Back on my world though, they were called Devil Chocolate Drops for how 'devilishly' good they are. The Cakes decided to rename it after me."

"So these are the cookies I’ve been hearing rumours about. I can see why ponies are loving them," Twilight said.

They finished the treats and made their way back to Blaze’s house for the party. As the pair rounded the corner, they heard music playing a nice tune. The stallion soon saw his front yard and the surrounding area was filled with ponies. He wondered if Pinkie had invited the whole town. The two approached the crowd and got shocked when the pink party mare popped up in front of them out of nowhere.

"What do you think, Blaze! Everypony in Ponyville came to your party!" the hyper Earth pony said in her excited tone.

“Never realized there was this many living here,” Blaze replied. “I think I’ll go and mingle with some of the ponies I haven’t met yet.”

“I’ll come and get you when it’s time for an event,” said Pinkie. She then hopped back into the crowd.

“I’ll see you later Blaze,” Twilight said before she too entered the crowd.

As the red stallion made his way through, every few feet, he was thanked by a pony for saving them and their town. Blaze welcomed them and continue to make his way through.

He soon made it to the DJ pony that is cranking out the tunes. The one and only, Vinyl Scratch, aka DJ Pon-3. She was bobbing her head to the beat as the stallion walked up to her.

“Nice tunes,” Blaze said over the music.

“Thanks, got any requests?” Vinyl Scratch asked.

“I’m sorry to admit it, but I don’t know any of the music groups in this world.”

“OH! You must be the pony that saved the town from that storm! Thanks for doing that. Name’s Vinyl Scratch. My DJ name is DJ Pon-3.”

“Nice to meet you. My name is Swift Blaze, but you can call me Blaze. I just did what anyone would have done if they had my abilities.”

“It was really brave to face that tornado by yourself. I’m amazed you’re moving around so soon. Guess that explains why Pinkie woke me up to come and set up the music ASAP.”

“The Princesses came down and helped heal me. I would’ve been in the hospital for at least a month, if not longer.”

“That’s awesome. Go on and enjoy your party. If you want to see a list of the music and bands, let me know.”

“I’ll do that later. Thanks for the music.”

Blaze headed off and mingled some more with the other ponies. He soon came across a big empty table in a corner. He guessed it was where the cake is supposed to go. The stallion pulled out the sealed paper and placed it on the table.

The Earth pony headed in another direction to see who he would to run into next. He soon heard his name being called from behind him. Blaze turned around and saw Lyra was making her way through the crowd. Next to her was an off white Earth mare pony. She had a dark blue mane with a pink highlight.

“I told you I have met the human,” the Unicorn said to her friend.

“I have yet to see this human you keep talking about. Are you sure it was him that stopped that storm?” Bon-Bon asked.

“I’m very sure. He was the only one that could’ve stopped something like that. Oh! There he is over there!” the mint green mare said as she pointed to the red stallion.

“I don’t see a human from what you told me about them. All I see is a red Earth pony wearing some black clothing.”

“That’s him in his pony form. Hi Blaze! I have a friend I want you to meet.”

“Hi Lyra. Good to see you again,” he replied. “Thanks for coming to my party.”

Lyra and Bon-Bon finally reached where he was. “Blaze, allow me to introduce to my marefriend, Bon-Bon,” Lyra said.

“Hi Bon-Bon. It’s nice to meet you. How do you like the party?” the stallion asked.

“Pinkie throws the best parties, but this is for the human that saved Ponyville. You are clearly not human,” the light yellow mare said.

“I would show you my human form, but Twilight accidentally over casted a spell on me so the Doctor could fix me up after going toe to toe with a tornado.”

“Rumour is the human can do things no pony has ever done. Can you demonstrate?”

“If I’m going to show you, I might as well put a show on for everypony. Pinkie!”

Out of nowhere, the pink Earth pony popped out from a pony’s mane. She hopped to be right next to the red pony and said, “Blaze, you have a question for me?”

“I do. Where is the stage? I’m in the mood to put a show on for all my friends for accepting me.”

“It’s right in front of your house. What jutsu are you going to show?”

“How about you come and be my assistant?”

“Okie. Dokie. Lokie.”

The two made their way to the stage. Blaze went up to the microphone. Vinyl Scratch saw the red stallion on stage and turned down the music.

“Hi everyone and thank you for throwing me this party,” said the red Earth pony. “I can't really remember why I'm getting one. Guess that tornado banged my head pretty hard.” He rubbed the back of his head.

“This is for saving the children!” A pony shouted

“You also stopped that tornado from destroying Ponyville!” Another pony shouted.

“This is also for getting your health back, “said Pinkie as she walked up to his side.

“And this is good luck for going off to the Royal Guard training,” said Twilight said as she and the close friends walked onto the stage.

“A lot has happened while I’ve been here,” replied Blaze. “The only way I can show my appreciation is by putting on a show. Would you gals like to help out?”

They all nodded and he went straight to work. The stallion first sent several ki energy balls into the sky and let them explode like fireworks. The ponies enjoyed the spectacle as he prepared for the next feat. The pony summoned some small dark clouds in the sky. They started to shoot lightning between them. The bolts of energy were playing a rhythmic beat which Vinyl Scratch started to play some music that matched it. The ponies were dancing to the rhythm of the music.

Once the music was done. Blaze turned toward the orange mare and asked, “Applejack, can you toss some apples into the air?”

She picked them up from a nearby barrel with her mouth and began to send them into the air. The stallion sent several wind slicing jutsu with his fore hooves at the flying fruit and cut them into slices. The ponies ate the pieces as they fell from the sky.

He looked at the white Unicorn and asked, “Rarity, do you have some gems that I can borrow?”

The mare used her magic to find ones close by and pulled them out of the ground. She handed them to him. He saw they matched the colors of the other ponies on stage with him. Blaze placed them in front of each of his friends and instructed them to strike a pose. They do so in different styles. He performed a crystal jutsu on the gems and they grew into the poses of the pony that matched the color.

The crowd ooh and awe at the beautiful creations. Rarity was especially happy seeing a diamond matching her own size. Spike drooled at the site of the creations. Blaze changed them back to their original shapes and sent them flying to the dragon in the front crowd. He caught each one in his mouth.

The red pony turned to the party pony. “Pinkie Pie, don’t you normally have a big cake at your parties?” he asked.

“Oh my! I totally forgot to get it. I’ll be right back,” she said as she was about to leave.

“Hold it, Pinkie! Please stand here next to me for a sec.” The mare does so as she wondered what he has planned. “Now, please describe this cake you had made for this party.”

She went into detail describing every detail about the cake. A few ponies drooled from hearing the description. “Now Blaze, please let me go and get your cake.”

“Why? The cake is right over on that table,” he replied as he pointed to the empty table.

The ponies in the crowd looked in that direction, wondering where the cake was. The stallion released the seal jutsu and the cake appeared. They all cheered when they saw it. He turned to where Pinkie was standing and only saw a trail of smoke leading to the cake.

“Rainbow Dash, care for some lightning dodging?” he asked.

She happily nodded and the pair took to the air. Each one both easily flew around the lightning strikes between the clouds Blaze had made. The crowd was cheering louder at the stunt. They returned to the stage and Rainbow had a big smile on her face.

“Now for my grand finale.” Blaze gathered up the remaining chakra he had as it was to be a big one. Once ready, the Earth pony shouted, “Element Style! Five Element Dragons Jutsu!”

A Element dragon of Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, and Lightning formed from the nearby source they were made of. The stallion had them fly around and weave between them. At the end, they flew up high into the air and exploded in a bright white light.

The crowd applauded and cheered as he bowed to them. Blaze got off stage and dispersed the clouds he made. The red pony headed over to where Lyra and Bon-Bon watched the show from. They both had big smiles on their faces.

“Ok, you are the human Lyra was talking about. Loved the show by the way,” Bon-Bon said.

“Thank you for the compliment. Continue to enjoy the party. I need to go inside and pack for the training,” said Blaze.

They both wished him luck as the stallion walked into his house. None of the party came into the house so it was nice and quiet. Blaze headed upstairs for a shower to clean himself up. He then went to his room and realize something, the gi he was wearing was the only one for his pony form. So the stallion went back to the bathroom and packed up some toiletries into his saddlebag.

Blaze returned to the party and headed to where his best friends were. The Earth pony overheard they were discussing all the cool things he had done. Fluttershy saw the stallion coming and quickly flew to him.

“Blaze, that show was amazing. I really liked how you made those dragons not so scary,” Fluttershy said.

“I had fun doing it. I don’t think there’s no one in Ponyville now that doesn’t know me,” he said.

Twilight said, “I would agree with you there.”

The group was near the buffet table. Being parched, the stallion headed over and snagged some of the punch. As he started to drink it, Rainbow shouted out, “Blaze! Don’t drink that!”

“Why’s that?” he asked. “It tastes good.”

“That punch contains alcohol.”

He looked at his cup for a few seconds, then finished drinking it. The ponies gasped at what he just did. “Gals, please, it’s ok. Drinking a little alcohol won’t cause me to act like my father. I realize now that alcohol does not corrupt the drinker, it is the drinker that ruins it for everypony.”

“Glad to see you are doing much better with dealing with your father,” Twilight said.

“Though I still say I hate his guts and hope he’s burning in hell for what he did to me.”

Several were shocked at what the stallion just said. “Blaze, I do understand how you feel. But saying that about one’s parent is uncouth.” Rarity said. “Let me just say, changing the subject, that I really loved those crystal versions of us you formed from those gems. Too bad you didn’t let us keep them.”

“I’ll make you a smaller one when I get back. For now, let’s enjoy the rest of the party before I need to catch the train.”

They all nodded and did just that. They ate the food at the buffet, some of the cake, and danced and mingled. The party started to die down as it grew dark. Ponies headed off to their homes. Blaze helped his friends with the cleanup so his place looked good before he left. The stallion went inside and grabbed his saddlebags. The group walked together to the train station, enjoying the peaceful night Princess Luna brought.

They soon arrived and saw the train was already there. Twilight levitated the train ticket to him and placed it in the Earth pony’s bag. He turned to them and saw tears were forming in their eyes.

“This isn’t goodbye. I’ll be back, I promise,” said Blaze. “This is just to teach me how a pony fights to see if my Taijutsu can help them improve.”

“We know. It’s just you’ve played a big part in our lives in these past weeks and we hate to see our friend go,” Pinkie said.

“I agree, you helped me with my applebucking and taught me to rely on my friends when I need help,” Applejack said.

“You all have also helped me since I arrived,” he said, “That memory of my past and releasing that emotional baggage, I don’t know anypony else who would have gone those lengths to bring me back to myself.”

“Let’s just agree that we helped each other out. These tears are ruining my makeup,” said Rarity.

“Good luck, Blaze. I’m sure my brother won’t try and kill you on the first day,” Twilight said.

The stallion thought, Don’t count on that. He still has the grudge on me because I managed to escape his guards.

“Remember Blaze, you still owe me a rematch on that race. I’ll be training hard while you’re gone so expect a race when you get back,” Rainbow said.

“Looking forward to it.”

“Just don’t get too injured in the training, Blaze. I never like seeing you hurt,” said Fluttershy.

“I’m sure I won't get as beat up there as the storm left me. Plus, I’ve been practicing healing a pony body. No need to worry.”

The yellow mare smiled as the rest did. The stallion got onto the train and found an open seat by the window. He waved to them as the train started to pull out. Blaze thought, Onward to Canterlot, and the pain from Shining’s training. Oh God, I’m going to get close to death.

PreviousChapters Next