• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 6,733 Views, 259 Comments

Balance of the Mind and Body - Swift Blaze



Ever wonder if that Mayan Calendar prediction actually came true? What the world be like if everyone panic? Then come and read the following tale of a human that this happens to.

  • ...
91
 259
 6,733

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21: I Can Do Anything Better Than You

Swift Blaze woke up at his usual time for his training routine. After the jog, he went into a quick one-on-one sparring match with a clone. He only altered the weights on himself. The human increased them by ten pounds on each piece. The match went for an hour as the sun finished rising.

He went back into his home and cleaned himself up. When Blaze came back outside to head to town, he realized the market would not be open this early. Looking around, he saw the yard area needed some attention from the construction.

The human used his chakra to make a simple wooden fence around the front yard with a wood gate that was about body height of an average pony. Then, he created a stone path form from the gate to the steps of front door and around one side of the house to the back. Blaze moved to the back that was facing the forest. He thought about what should he have back here that would make him happy. One idea he liked was a zen garden. It would good and be useful to help maintain balance of oneself.

The first thing that went up was a taller fence in the back for privacy. Then, he channeled the energy to have a deck come out of the house. Rails formed around it and a staircase to the ground. The human had the stone path from the front continue to the staircase.

Satisfied with how that part looked, Blaze moved to the first feature for the yard. Something that would showcase water. He used Earth-style to create a small mound made of various rocks. Then a small, stone bed stream that would flow into the forest. With Water-style he was able to create a spring from underground that flowed into the rock mound. The clear liquid flowed from the top and down onto the stream bed path.

To showcase the air, Blaze thought it would be better to buy something in town instead of creating a bad tune of wind chimes. So, he moved onward to the earth element. He went down to the edge of the forest to create a rock garden. The human first created the outer frame to hold the sand in.He then forced some polished stones to come up from the ground. Finally, with Earth-style, he altered the ground to sand and have it make wave patterns. He noted he needed a sand rake as well, and would look for it in town.

Blaze headed back up to the house. With the stream going through the middle of the yard, he made a small bridge over it so he could work on the space for the last element, fire. With more Earth-style, he created a patio with a fire pit in the middle. Then for some flair, a couple gems that would sparkle from the light of the flames.

The human worked up a sweat again from using so much chakra, but was worth it. He cleaned up again and finally left his home and headed to town. After he stepped onto the road, he saw a familiar Unicorn coming up from town, Shiny Glass. She was pulling a wagon that looks to be carrying his order.

“Good morning, Mr. Blaze,” she said. “Here’s your order. Are you sure you don’t want me to install it? It won’t cost you bits, but I will take another form of payment.” The mare fluttered her eyelashes with a big smile.

“No, that’s ok,” he replied. “I can take care of that. I would prefer it that way so I can make any adjustments needed to make them fit.”

“If you’re going to do it now, may I watch you work?”

“Actually, I’m heading into town as I have some other errands I need to take care of. If you could, please place them next to the house and I’ll take care of them when I get back.”

“Alright. I look forward to seeing them in place so I can marvel at my creations.”

With that, Blaze walked away as the Unicorn started to unload her wagon. Once he was out of sight, he transformed into his pony form to not get rusty with it. Also to maybe not scare any ponies he hadn’t met yet when he bought food and some other items on his list that was growing.

As the stallion was approaching town, there was a crowd forming around a wagon that was not there yesterday. It felt very familiar to him. It was one thing he didn’t want to deal with. Blaze joined the crowd and found his friends were in the front.

He walked up next to them and asked, “Morning. What’s going on?”

“A travelling Unicorn mare came into town and says she’s the most powerful Unicorn in all of Equestria,” Applejack said.

Blaze thought, DAMMIT! Why did Trixie have to come today? I hope she is not as big of a showoff as she was on the show. “I would think Twilight is as her special talent is magic. We have all seen some of the magic she can do,” he replied.

“I would agree. Being powerful does not mean you can brag about it and show it off. You’re similar, Swift Blaze. Your abilities make you powerful, but you don’t go around and show off to everypony. Unless they ask you of course,” said the white mare.

“Thank you, Rarity. I believe with great power comes great responsibility. I use mine to protect my friends and all ponies.”

Spike and Twilight soon joined them as the wagon opened into a stage setup. A pony’s voice was broadcasting, trying to entice more ponies to come. There was a small puff of smoke and the light blue Unicorn mare appeared on stage, Trixie Lunamoon. She went on and started boasting about herself. The girls had a discussion of what they thought of the showoff pony, thinking she was better than others. Rainbow ranted how she was already better than anypony. The others glare at her, causing the blue Pegasus to retract her statement. Which she follows to boo Trixie.

“Well, well, well, it seems we have some neighsayers in the audience. Who’s so ignorant as to challenge the magical ability of the Great and Powerful Trixie? Do they not know that they're in the presence of the most magical unicorn in all of Equestria?” asked Trixie.

Blaze shouted out, “I would not call you powerful. All I’ve seen so far are simple magic tricks.”

“What would a simple Earth pony know about magic?” Trixie replied as she looked at the red stallion.

“Plenty. I know several ponies who use their magic to help others instead of going around showing it off.”

Twilight comes up to him and whispered, “Blaze, what the hay are you thinking of doing?”

He replied back in whisper to the purple mare, “It’s alright, Twilight. Back in my world, we had magicians that used sleight of hand to create illusions. I know real magic exist here, but she's using the same concept.”

“Does the Earth pony need advice from a Unicorn?” the blue Unicorn asked. “I would understand if they realize they knew that the Great and Powerful Trixie has magic strong enough to vanquish the dreaded Ursa Major!”

Fireworks went off and several ponies ahhed at the sight. The mare went on telling the story of how she did it. Two small, Unicorn colts went to the front and tried to convince the crowd that Trixie is the most powerful. None of the other ponies made a sound of a cheer.

“Don't believe the Great and Powerful Trixie? Well then, I hereby challenge you, Ponyvillians -- anything you can do, I can do better. Any takers? Anyone? Hmm? Or is Trixie destined to be the greatest equine who has ever lived!?”

Not one pony first stepped up to take on the challenge. Trixie was able to entice Applejack to go first. Applejack showed off some rope tricks with her tail and snagged an apple from a nearby tree, catching it with her mouth. Trixie stepped it up by causing the rope to first act like a snake and then hogtied Applejack and placed an apple in her mouth.

Rainbow didn’t like how her friend was treated, so she went up next. She performed her move that caused a rainbow to appear just above her when the rain water caught up to her. Trixie took the rainbow and made Rainbow Dash go into a mini tornado with it. Trixie then had a small storm cloud appear and shock Rainbow’s flank.

Blaze had enough of this. He wanted to show this mare what an alien from another world could do. As the stallion was walking around to get up onto stage, Spike was trying to encourage Twilight on to go and show her magic off. Twilight didn’t want to do it as the other ponies were not liking how Trixie was showing her magic off. The others joined in saying it would love to see another Unicorn go against this Unicorn. Rarity spoke up stating she was getting the hint but will not go down to the level Applejack and Rainbow Dash behaved.

Trixie replied, “Ooo, what's the matter? Afraid you'll get a hair out of place in that rat's nest you call a mane?”

That really steamed the white mare. She started to make her way up, but Blaze stopped her. “Hold up, Rarity,” he said. “This Unicorn has been enticing ponies on that she has a magic trick for. I think she already has something planned to mess up your mane. Allow me to step in and take your place.”

She replied, “You don’t have to do that, darling. I’m sure she’ll do nothing when up against my grace and beauty.”

“I would just hate to see any more of my friends get hurt or humiliated. Please, let me handle this,” he said and gave her the puppy-dog eyes.

“Ok, Blaze, you win. Just go and teach this mare a lesson.”

The red stallion made went on the stage and stood face-to-face with Trixie. She was amused that she could humiliate this Earth pony that ridicule her. Blaze couldn’t wait to see what she’ll think when she sees he isn’t a pony. The crowd started to cheer and chant his name.

“It seems this Earth pony has a few fans in the crowd. What makes you so special that you think you can do better than the Great and Powerful Trixie!” The blue Unicorn said as more fireworks went off.

The Earth pony just yawned at the spectacle as he wasn’t amused. This aggravated Trixie as she charged up her magic. She fired it at him, but he was able to dodge it. The stallion avoided several other shots with no issue. Trixie started to get a little tired from firing several spells at him and missing.

“Do you think I can show you why I know could go up against you?” Blaze asked with a smirk on his face.

“Go right ahead. Whatever you can do, the Great and Powerful Trixie will do better.”

The Earth pony got up onto his hind hooves. Placing his fore hooves behind him, he created weak energy balls. He brought them to the front and started to juggle them. The crowd started to cheer for me. “You ready to give this a shot?”

“Piece of cake. Toss them to the Great and Powerful Trixie.”

He tossed one energy ball to her. Once the Unicorn touched it with her magic, it exploded and covered Trixie in black sulfur. All the ponies laughed at the sight, and his friends were laughing quite hard. That made the mare angry, but her flushed coat was hidden beneath the explosive ash.

“In case you were wondering, these are not regular balls, they are ki energy balls.”

Blaze launched the rest into the air and let them explode. The crowd started to cheer for him more. Trixie used her magic to wipe herself off. Then channeled it to formed some bigger dark clouds than before and have them appear above the stallion.

“Let’s see how you handle being struck by lightning!”

Oh shit, he thought. Then the command to return the clothes to their original weight as the blue Unicorn continued to charge up her magic. As Blaze saw the lightning bolt forming to blast him, he moved out of the way at imperceptible speeds. He maneuvered to hover just above Trixie, laying down on his side with a hoof supporting his head.

From what the crowd and Trixie saw, it looked like the Earth pony got hit by the lightning. They all gasp after the flash when his body was not there. Trixie started to panic, probably thinking she just killed the stallion.

A few ponies started to quietly laugh when they saw him and how he was acting. Blaze made sure to stay above Trixie as she ran around the stage, looking for his body. After a minute or so of her running about, the stallion did a whistle sound to get the Unicorn’s attention. She looked at him and her mouth went wide open.

Blaze said, “Missed me, missed me, now you gotta kiss me!”

He flew down to the mare and stole a kiss from her while she was still in shock. The crowd of ponies went into an uproar of laughter. The stallion was bowing to them up in the air above the stage. Trixie was getting tired of hi santics so she used her magic quickly to tie him up and secure him to the stage.

“No more tricks and games! The Great And Powerful Trixie wants to know how a mere Earth pony is able to do all this magic!” she shouted at the top of her lungs.

“Trixie, there is no reason for you to shout. I would have gladly explained.”

“The Great And Powerful Trixie does have the right for you have humiliated me! This has never happened in all my travels that an Earth pony especially has outdone me!”

“That’s the thing. My friends and the citizens of Ponyville already knew about me and my abilities. Seeing that you’re new, I shall explain why I can do these things. Basicly, I’m not a real pony.”

“THAT IS BULLSHIT! I would have detected illusion magic as I’m great with it!”

“That’s the other thing, I can’t use magic from this world. I will now show you my true form.”

Blaze released his form and broke the ropes that tied him up. He looked at Trixie as fear now was on her face. She quickly ran away as fast as her hooves could take her. The human thought that the mare was getting really afraid of what he might do next. He turned to the crowd as they started to clap their hooves together or stomped them on the ground.

“Thank you everyone. It seems the show is now over. See you all another time,” he said and then got off the stage.

“You really showed her, Blaze!” Rainbow said.

Applejack said, “You really know how to bring the laughter out of us with your jokes and antics.”

“It was nothing. I was just getting tired of her humiliating my friends. Now if you would excuse me, I’m a just a little hungry from my morning exercise.” His stomach clarified as it growled at him.

His friends laughed and left to take care of their own things. The human made his way to the diner to get some breakfast. He entered and took a seat at the bar. The waitress behind the bar came up to him.

“Good morning dear. Now what can I get ya?” she asked.

Blaze replied, “I’ll have a nice tall glass of orange juice. Actually, make that two. Um, three cheese and veggie omelettes, and a side fruit salad.”

“Coming right up.”

The mare left to go and enter the order. The human sat there and enjoyed the silence while he could get it. The other ponies in the diner were having their own conversation and enjoying their meals.

A pony came up and sat down next to him. “Good morning, Swift Blaze. Are you enjoying your time here in Ponyville?” the mare asked.

He turned his head to see who was talking. It was Mayor Mare. “Greetings. I am enjoying living here. Thank you again for getting Sparky and Mario to help with my house,” he replied.

“So, when are you going to finish your house?”

“It’s almost done. The last thing I need to do is install the windows, which were dropped off this morning. I finished the interior work yesterday and work a little bit on the yard this morning.”

“You definitely work fast. I might stop by later to see how it looks.”

“My friends have seen the house last night and they were speechless when they saw everything in the house.”

“Well, I’ll see you later. I see your food has arrived.”

The waitress placed the drinks and food in front of the human. They all looked and smelled great. So, he dug right into it. As Blaze was eating the delicious food, the doors to the diner burst open. He turned his gaze just enough to see who was barging in. It was a couple Royal Guard ponies entering with their armor on. By the looks on their faces, they were on duty. He hoped they were not looking for him.

“We’re looking for a pony named Swift Blaze. We received word that he entered this establishment,” one guard said.

Blaze did a mental facehoof to himself. Several ponies pointed to the human at the bar. He continued to eat his breakfast. The guards came up to him.

“Do you know where we can find this pony, sir?” the first guard asked.

“Yep,” he said in between bites.

“Mind telling us?” the second guard asked.

“Sure.”

“Well? Where is this Swift Blaze pony?” the first guard asked.

“First, Swift Blaze is not a pony. Second, I’m Swift Blaze.”

“Please, come with us,” the second guard said.

“Mind if I finish my breakfast and pay for my meal please? I’ll go with you quietly.”

The first guard replied, “You can finish your meal.”

“Mind I ask what this is about?”

The second guard replied, “You have been accused of doing forbidden magic and we have to detain you till everything is cleared.”

Blaze thought, Gee, I wonder who would accuse me of this as everyone I have met so far has liked me.

The human finished his meal and payed the bill with a nice tip. He was then escorted by the guards out of the diner. They took him to their guard house and placed Blaze in a jail cell where they tried to restrain him, physically and magically.

They tied his feet together and his hands together with rope. When it came time for the magic inhibitor, they did not know where to place the ring that would normally go on a Unicorn’s horn. The human indicated to place it on one of his fingers. Out of all the ones they could put it on, they slid it onto his middle finger. The guards left him in the jail cell.

Before they were gone, Blaze said, “Back on my world, I would normally be allowed a phone call to contact someone. Seeing as how you don't have that level of technology, could you go ask a pony to come here? Her name is Twilight Sparkle and she lives in the library that is in a tree.”

A guard nodded and left to go and get her. The human lay down on the bed in there as he waited. A guard banged on the cell to wake him up.

“Swift Blaze, you have a visitor,” the guard said.

“That was fast,” he said. “I didn’t expect you to get here so soon, Twilight.”

He looked through the cell bars and didn’t see the purple Unicorn there. This one was blue. She had a huge grin on her face. “Well, well, well, this looks like this is the proper place for a monster like you who impersonated as a pony,” she said.

Blaze replied, “I should have figured you would do something like this. You must get satisfaction when you humiliate ponies.”

“The Great and Powerful Trixie always gets her way. Even if that is getting a pony into trouble. Enjoy rotting in jail.” Trixie turned to leave.

“Hey Trixie, before you go, I want to tell you something.” She turned back to face the human. He pointed his index finger out of the cell at the mare and sent another weak energy ball into her face. “I like you better like that.”

“Guard!” Trixie yelled. He came quickly. “I thought you restrained his magic? Look what it did.”

“We did,” he said as he pointed to the finger with the ring. Blaze show off his middle finger with it so she could easily see.

“Then how was it able to do this to my face?”

“I already told you Trixie, I don’t have access to the magic you ponies use. My energy sources are call ki and chakra which reside in my body.”

“THEN RESTRAIN THOSE!” Trixie shouted.

“We can’t. We don’t know how those work,” the guard said.

“How about I promise not to use them to break out of here or cause harm to a pony?” Blaze asked.

The blue Unicorn ran off as she needed to clean her face again. The guard left too, with a slight chuckle after she left. The human went back to the bed and waited for Twilight to show up. A few minutes later, she ran to the cell in a panic.

“Blaze, what happened! Why are you in jail?” Twilight asked.

He replied, “Trixie accused me for doing forbidden magic. I think this is her way of getting revenge for me showing her up on stage.”

“I’ll send a letter to Princess Celestia right away to get this all cleared up.”

“I’m glad the guard was able to get you. I’ll wait here like a good human. You know I could easily break out of here if I wanted to.”

“I know. I hope Princess Celestia isn’t too busy so we can clear you of these charges.”

“Don’t worry about it. All I had planned today was get some food and other things for my home. I’ll take a nap while I wait.”

Twilight left quickly to start the letter. Blaze went back to the bed to enter his mind space. In there, he look at the different types he could work one. One was lightning, which could have been useful this morning. He sent a few clones to start working on that.

Next on the list was healing jutsu, a very advanced technique. With him learning many combat style, he need to also get onto some support ones. The first one was to use chakra to increase the heal rate of an area of the body where the hands are over it. Blaze sent more clones to work on this in pairs.

After several hours, the world in his mind shook like an earthquake. He released all the clones in there and woke up in the real world. The human saw it was dark outside. He then saw a guard curled up in a corner just outside of his cell.

“Guard, what is going on?” Blaze asked.

“It’s an Ursa attack!” he said in a scared voice.

Blaze shouted, “THEN GET ME OUT OF HERE! I CAN HELP!”

“I can’t. I have orders to keep you in there until everything has been straightened out.”

“So, you would have the town get destroyed just to keep me in here? Just so you said you followed your orders. You are not even out there trying to stop it!”

“I’m scared that it will eat me.”

“Grow a set of balls. In case you are wondering, I chose to stay in here.” Blaze broke the rope restraints. “Now then, you can stay cowered in that corner while I go save the town.”

The human teleported out of there before the guard could do anything to stop him. He appeared outside and quickly looked around for the Ursa. it wasn’t hard to spot as it was in the town center. Blaze flew towards it and focused his chakra in flight. Once there, he performed the hand signs and shouted, “Wood Style, Creature Restraint Jutsu!”

The human held his position in the air as wood beam came out of the ground and started to wrap around the creature and pull it to the ground. It started to resist and began to break some of the wood. Blaze did some other hand signs and shouted, “Wood Style! Maximum Restraint Jutsu!”

The wood grew in size and pulled the creature back down. His chakra was draining quickly as he was trying to maintain the jutsu. In the corner of his eye, he saw Twilight running to the scene.

“Blaze, what are you doing!” Twilight shouted to me.

“I’m restraining the Ursa so it won’t do any more damage!” he shouted. “I don’t know how much longer I can maintain this jutsu!”

“Don’t hurt it! It’s only an Ursa Minor, not an Ursa Major!”

“I KNOW THAT! Just do something to calm it down. I know you can do it!”

Twilight channeled her magic and created a breeze over by the nearby pond. This caused several cattails to break and play musical notes that were calming the Ursa Minor down.

Blaze sofly said, "It's working, Twilight.”

The purple Unicorn then pushed herself to lift the water tower container nearby. She levitated over to where the cows were sleeping. It entered one side of the barn empty and came out on the other side, filled with milk. The top went back on.

Doing one more jutsu, the human said softly, "Wood Style. Creature Carriage Jutsu."

The wood that was restraining the Ursa released and changed to a carriage that could support it. Twilight brought the now creature the impromptu bottle, filled with milk, to the Ursa's mouth. It grabbed it and began to nurse from it. Blaze channeled his chakra to spin the wheels to bring the creature back to the EverFree Forest and back into the cave where it came from.

The human flew back down to the ground where Twilight was. He saw his other friends had shown up, as well a good-size crowd. They were cheering to Twilight and him. When he landed, a pony tackled him from behind.

"That was amazing, Blaze! You went right up to that Ursa with no fear!" Pinkie said while on his back.

"Thanks, Pinkie. Would you mind getting off so I can stand back up again?" he asked.

Pinkie Pie hopped right off and the human stood back up.

"Twilight told us you were in jail after she sent Princess Celestia a letter explaining what happened. Did she have you released?" Rarity asked.

"I actually just teleported out of there when I heard a creature was attacking Ponyville."

"Aw Yea! No jail could hold you, Blaze." Rainbow Dash said.

"They’re suppose to give magical creatures a ring that would inhibit their use of magic." Twilight said.

“Luckily I don’t use magic. Didn't feel a thing,” said Blaze as he pointed to the ringer still on him.

"Were you afraid of that Ursa, Blaze?" Fluttershy asked in her soft voice.

"I was afraid of it eating me. But I was more afraid it was going to hurt my friends."

The crowd of ponies did an aww after hearing that. A light blue Unicorn came bursting through the crowd and shouted, "How did you escape that jail? No pony can escape with that ring inhibitor on them."

The human again gave Trixie his middle finger that still has the ring on it. "You don't listen do you. Listen carefully. I HAVE NO MAGIC!"

"It’s your fault he was in jail in the first place. I should buck you to the next town!" said the orange Earth pony.

"She’s not worth it, Applejack,” said Blaze. “Word will spread how she lied about defeating an Ursa Major when she could not handle an Ursa Minor."

All of a sudden, several Royal Guards rushed through the crowd and surrounded the human. He thought, Really? You do this now? Even after I help save it. I get no respect from these guard.

“Halt, escaped prisoner! You have nowhere to run,” a guard said.

“You can’t arrest him! He just saved all of us! He is a hero!” A pony shouted from the crowd.

The others agreed and shouted several other things. Blaze looked to see where the blue Unicorn was. She wasn’t there anymore. He looked above the other ponies’ heads and saw her running out of town.

“Everyone, please settle down. These guards are only doing their duty as I did escape from custody. I was planning on returning one the crisis was taken care of,” the human said.

“But this is all wrong! You shouldn’t have to do this because you were falsely accused,” Twilight replied.

“I may have been, but I did escape and I need to pay for that crime. I’ll see you all later.”

“That will not be necessary,” a pony from behind Blaze said. The crowd turned around and saw Princess Celestia and Princess Luna stepping off their royal carriage. Everyone bowed to them. “You may rise, my subjects,” Princess Celestia said.

They all did. Blaze said, “It’s good to see you again Princess Celestia, Luna.”

“I’m sorry I could not come sooner. I was in important meetings all day and could not step away,” said the white Alicorn.

“It’s not your fault, Princess. Just a showoff pony did not like being shown up. Nothing bad came of it.”

“I’m glad. Lieutenant, Swift Blaze has not done forbidden magic as he cannot use magic. He has my royal pardon from the charges and from freeing himself.”

“As you wish, your highness,” the guard pony said. The armored ponies stood down and went back to attention stance.

“I was actually planning to come and see you this evening. I wanted to inform you in three days, starting tomorrow, you’ll need to come to Canterlot take part in the Royal Guard training,” Princess Luna said.

“Wait, so four days from now is the beginning of the month? Mind I ask which month?”

The blue Alicorn replied, “It will be August, Blaze.”

The human looked down to his finger tips as he touched his thumb to each finger tip in some pattern. “Well, that’s interesting and funny,” he said.

“What is so funny darling?” Rarity asked.

“If the first of August is in four days, that would make today July twenty-eighth. I arrived here on the eighteenth it seems which is also my birthday.”

“I MISSED CELEBRATING YOUR BIRTHDAY? I NEED TO THROW YOU ONE RIGHT AWAY!” the pink Earth pony shouted.

“Hold a second there, Pinkie. The reason I didn’t think about is when I left my world, it was December twenty-first. I won’t blame you for missing my birthday as you did not know when it was. You can throw me a very big one next year.”

“Okie. Dokie. Lokie.” Pinkie Pie said and hopped away.

“Umm, someone might want to catch me soon,” said Blaze. “I feel the adrenaline I was having from the Ursa wearing off. I think it’s time for me to go nighty night.” The human fell backwards as blackness filled his vision.

Author's Note:

Here's the next chapter. More on the way later.

PreviousChapters Next