• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 2,783 Views, 44 Comments

My little pony:tree friends are magic - Scourgefan



tree friends are appearing in ponyville, nopony knows exactly where they came from, and nopony really cares. if you haven't watched Happy tree friends then you won't get any of this.

  • ...
8
 44
 2,783

chapter 4:the irresponsible

Chapter 4: The irresponsible

it was a week after Flaky came to Ponyville, she was getting along well with Fluttershy and didn't talk to very many other ponies.

Flippy was sitting in Twilight's library, where he lived now. He was reading a book about video games in case Nutty started liking them again.

Twilight ran into the room Flippy was in, she had to tell him news she had just found out from the princess. “Flippy, you might wanna hear this.” she said.

“what?” Flippy said, setting down the book.

“another tree friend is coming today, it's a dad with his son.”

“what, them? The guy kills his son every two days, does he think coming here will change that?” Flippy said.

“kills his son, what do you mean?” Twilight asked.

“oh, not much. Just in Happy tree friends country you can die over and over and over and come back as much as you want, I don't know if it's the same for them here but Pop will be hoping when he kills his son again.” Flippy explained.

“i don't know whether to find that disturbing or fascinating.” Twilight said.

“oh, I guess it's both.” Flippy said.

“anyways, at least Spike has another kid to-”

“no, Cub is a baby, can't speak or anything, can't walk on two feet, Spike wouldn’t wanna play with him.” Flippy interrupted her.

“good to know.” Twilight said. “anyways, they'll be at the library in ten minutes, do you think it's clean enough?”

Flippy looked around. There were a few books on the floor but other than that it was clean. “yeah, it's gonna be fine.” he said.

“good.” Twilight said.

“just find the mop, there's gonna be a blood stain on the floor by the end of today, or maybe Cub will die at the party?” Flippy told her.

“you're pretty sure that Cub is gonna die again, huh?” Twilight asked.

Flippy nodded.

“well things are different in Ponyville.” Twilight explained.

“not all things, Cub always dies, no matter what, it's just like his hobby.” Flippy said.

“that's just wrong.”

“well that's the way it is.”

“you're insane.” Twilight told him.

“quite.” Flippy agreed nodding his head.

They sat there staring at each other for a while then there was a knock at the door. “come in!” Twilight said, trotting towards the door. As expected Pop and Cub walked in, well Cub crawled. “you must be the new tree friends.” Twilight said.

Pop nodded while Cub crawled over to one of the books that were lying on the ground. “pretty good.” Pop replied, nod paying a bit of attention to his son.

“you gonna get that?” Flippy asked Pop, pointing at Cub.

“oh, right, my son, I forgot he was coming.” Pop said, picking up Cub.

“maybe one of my friends could babysit him?” Twilight asked.

“no, he's fine with me.” Pop said.

“sure he is, says the guy who put a boat propeller to his sons face and turned it on!” Flippy shouted.

“my son was the one being cut by the propeller, I thought it was a fish.” Pop said.

“then you got him stuck in the sink and ripped him in half trying to get him out.” Flippy added.

“i remember that.” Pop said.

“and then you were mowing the lawn with a cheap mower and it threw a bunch of stuff at him, destroying his head!” Flippy told him.

“that one was an accident.” Pop said.

“only that one?” Flippy asked him.

“the others were me trying to help him.” Pop told him.

“you're a natural disaster.” Flippy said.

“i know you are but what am I?” Pop said childishly.

“WILL BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP?!” Twilight yelled.

They both stared at her in astonishment then nodded their heads.

“thank you.” Twilight said in a friendly voice.

“she's the crazy one out of the six.” Flippy whispered.

“excuse me?!” Twilight screamed, glaring into Flippy's eyes. “i am NOT the crazy one, you two are, you stabbed two ponies and he's killed his son 100 times!”

“and I killed 50 other tree friends before I got here, if you wanna count that.” Flippy reminded her.

“what?!” Twilight said covering her mouth with a hoof.

“I'm so sorry, I thought you knew.” Flippy said.

“you are two of the craziest people I have EVER met!”

“i figured that out before I got here.” Flippy said. “wait, you know what people are?”

“Lyra told my about them once, you walk like them and act like them so I called you two people.” Twilight explained.

“what's a person?” Flippy asked. “I've only heard of them in fairy tales.”

“no time for that now, we have to find Pop and Cub a place to live.”

“you mean just Pop.” Flippy said.

“what?” Twilight asked.

“Cub got squashed by a book from you stomping your hoof on the ground, he won't be back until tomorrow.” Flippy explained.

Pop and Twilight looked over to where Cub was, Flippy was right, all that was left was a squashed baby under a book. “how did that happen? That's one of the heaviest books we have.” Twilight fretted.

“you stomped your hoof hard enough for Celestia to feel it, Twilight.” Flippy said.

~~~
(at the royal castle)

a small rumbling shook the ground for a second. Celestia stopped reading one of Twilight's letters and looked around. “what in the name of Discord was that?” after saying this she shrugged and continued reading.

~~~
(back at the library)

“nonsense.” Twilight said.

“either way, Cub is dead, he won't be back until this time tomorrow, so, try fixing that with a spell you wizard.” Flippy said.

“for the 30th time, I am a UNICORN, not a wizard.” Twilight explained.

“wizard sounds better, besides, I already have a unicorn and I don't wanna start calling her Twilight.” Flippy said.

“where?” Twilight asked.

“in my mind 'genius'.” Flippy said.

“um, excuse me, the door was open, what are you arguing about?” a small voice sounded from behind Twilight.

“oh, Fluttershy, just about Cub's death, not much.” Twilight told her.

“what, Cub died, but he was just a baby, he had his whole life ahead of him and-”

“relax Fluttershy, this happens to him every two days, he'll be back tomorrow.” Flippy interrupted her.

“oh, well, that's good, I guess, so you guys come back when you die?” Fluttershy asked.

“yep, once I was fighting Fliqpy, he shot some flutes at me, they hit Shifty and Lifty right in the through, they were back the next day.” Flippy explained.

“oh, who won?” Fluttershy asked.

“i won then got hit by a truck, I could bet you $100 The mole was driving it.” Flippy told her.

“that sounds awful.” Fluttershy said.

“it was, instead of being rid of him, I have to deal with him the VERY NEXT DAY!” Flippy confirmed.

“wait, wouldn't he come back anyways, since everypony else does?” Twilight asked.

“nope, he was technically me so I had to die for him to come back, and now he's back and my life sucks again.” Flippy explained.

“but, the whole point of this conversation was to confirm that Cub will be back tomorrow?” Twilight asked.

“yep, pretty pointless, I was gonna have you guys scared half to death by him because you thought he was dead.” Flippy said.

“what do we do now?” Fluttershy asked.

“just do what I always do, clean up the blood and hide the body, if anyone finds out, deny nothing.” Flippy said.

“sounds like a plan, I guess.” Twilight said before they all started cleaning up.