• Published 16th Jan 2012
  • 13,927 Views, 321 Comments

Super Mario Galaxy: Equestrian Stars - warpd



Mario travels to Equestria to collect the power stars hidden there.

  • ...
12
 321
 13,927

Night at the Gala

“Now hold completely still while I take your picture.” The Koopa told Nightmare Moon as he pointed his camera at her. “If you get caught wandering the universe without your passport you might get deported.”

“Such a waste of time.” Nightmare Moon hissed as starry void leaked from the corners of her mouth.

A brief flash of light dazed the spirit. “Got it. We’ll send it to you when the picture is ready.”

“Very well, now where you is your King?” Nightmare Moon growled as her star mane whipped around the room.

“Up on deck your darkliness. He’s getting ready to move the fleet out of the quadrat.” Another Koopa answered her.

“What!? What is that buffoon doing?” She turned incorporeal and vanished up through the ventilation.

The small bale of Koopas gathered around the camera Koopa. “Can’t believe she fell for that.”

That Koopa was smacked over the head. “Don’t say that out loud. She could hear you.”

“So you’re going to add this to your collection of girls you met across the galaxy?”

The photographer smiled. “Yup, right next to that pink one that beat us all up with my shell.”

“Cool, the mane of that Nighttime Loon moves in the photo. Spooky.”

---

Up on the deck, the enormous Koopa King sat on his throne of power as he fiddled mindlessly with his industrial size smoothie. He had emptied it in one slurp. Sometimes size is a nuisance.

“Maybe if I build a new galaxy class cruiser to carry my drink around.”

The magic Koopa by his side looked up as he wrote down orders. “So basicly a cup holder your gnarliness?”

“Koopa King!” A familiar voice wailed like a banshee. “What is this I hear that we are leaving!?”

The room darkened as the gaseous form of Nightmare Moon flowed in. Bowser raised an eyebrow. “Here I thought you would be happy with a new body? What’s your problem?”

“You are leaving Equestria.” She growled as her body reformed. Though much smaller than Bowser, she still had a presence that made the Koopas and Goombas shudder.

“Ya, why would we stay? You got your tail handed to you so we are going somewhere else so we can plan our next move.” Bowser leaned on his arm as boredom creeped across his face.

“Retaking Equestria should be our first agenda.”

“Not interested.” Bowser shrugged. “Lost a Power Star, Mario is still there, and now they have both princesses. As awesome as I am I rather not tempt it.”

“It will not get easier if you wait.” Nightmare Moon fumed at his thoughtlessness.

“If Mario was taken care of then we can take Equestria as well as the other places, but until then we have to keep the pressure on that annoying plumber.” Bowser crushed his cup as he slammed his fist down. “I have to keep an eye on super idiot or he’ll destroy everything. He defeated you after all.” Bowser’s growl rumbled throughout the room.

Nightmare’s eyes flickered for a moment. The brute had a point, but she had no desire to leave. “I have an idea.”

Bowser snorted hot steam from his nostrils. “Well this is going to be priceless.”

“We can’t invade if they have the Elements of Harmony, both of the princess usurpers, and him, but what if we chipped away at their power?”

Bowser rotated his hand for her to make her point. “When you rescued me I took almost all of Luna’s power. Power which she has to recover over a period of time.”

The Koopa King raised an eyebrow. “Are you implying what I think you are implying. Because if you are implying that you are about to make me a very happy Koopa.”

With a burst of speed Nightmare Moon flew up and landed in Bower’s open palm. With evil grins on both of their faces they continued that train of thought. “We kidnap the Princess.”

“You know exactly how to speak my language!” Bowser’s full body laugh answered Nightmare’s own sinister chortle. “I am an expert in princess kidnapping. If there is one thing I am pure 100% awesome at is princess nabbing. I’ve turned it into an art.”

“Perfect. Let us scheme.”

--

“A huge spike in enemy activity, Mario!” Lubba told Mario as the plumber prepared for his next trip. “The monster is actually there this time.” The luma’s shuddered at the mention of Bower.

Mario hummed as he rubbed his chin. He stepped towards the navigational controls to ready himself. “Let’s a-go.” The magic slingstar threw Mario into the starry void. The little lumas waved bye to the plumber as he disappeared from view. Stars, nebulae, and planets all zoomed past him as he closed in.

‘There is the fleet of airships.’ The standard armada of Bower’s forces converged on the planet. Mario flew past Equus’ moon as an ominous dark aura covered it. A shadowy appendage reached out for him, but was thankfully too slow as he slipped by. ‘What was that!?’

Mario broke through the atmosphere as his path took him away from Ponyville, and towards a castle on a mountain side. A display of fireworks lit up the sky with a multitude of colors, as a dozen airships descended from above. One ship happened to be in Mario’s path.

Koopas and goombas busied themselves on the deck as they prepared to attack. A heavy thump jostled them out of their routine. “Hey did we hit somet...oh. Of all the luck.” On board, Mario cracked his knuckles. “Get him!”

Down on the ground, an alarm screeched out as the ponies became aware of the intruders above them. Then the cannonballs started to rain. Civilians ran for cover as the guards rallied together. Some shots managed to hit their target as random ponies were solidified in crystal prisons.

Princess Celestia stood on her balcony as the storm approached. “This army was in Twilight’s report from that night. Get the barrier up now.”

“Yes, Princess.” A guard answered as he galloped away.

“Raven, tell our guests that the Gala is postponed until further notice and to remain here in the castle until the invaders are repelled.” Celestia watched as the magic purple barrier formed around her city. Cannonballs exploded off the surface harmlessly much to her relief.

Her secretary cleared her throat. “Your student is here as well with her friends.”

Celestia sighed and closed her eyes as the barrier finished being created. “Bring them here please.”

“Princess!”

“Never mind then.” Princess Celestia turned around with her signature disarming warm smile. “My faithful student, thank you for coming.”

Twilight quickly bowed then zipped to her teacher’s side. “Those are the same ships we faced in the Everfree Forest.”

“Thankfully, there is less fire this time.” Rainbow twitched when she remembered how close she was to being roasted.

“The barrier will hold against their bombardment my ponies. Do not worry.” Celestia looked back up towards the armada above them as they fruitless attacked the shield.

“That one is new.” Pinkie squeaked out. “It looks like a giant flying plate with a bunch of flashy lights.”

The unidentified flying object slowly cruised over the castle. The slick silver machine stopped as the multicolored lights glowed brighter. It slowly became louder as the lights converged onto the round lens at the center. Twilight gulped as the alien sound stopped. “Um, what is it ab--.”

A bright red laser shot out followed by a sonic boom. The ponies looked away as the night sky lit up brighter than the morning sun. Energy drilled into the shield as cracks started to appear all over the protective spell. With one last blinding flash, the shield shattered as the laser dissipated. The ponies slowly returned their gaze as the horror set in.

“P-princess, what should we do now.” Applejack held on to her hat tightly for assurance. “Think it’s a good time to get the Elements?”

Celestia firmly nodded. “Go now. I will follow you shortly.”

Pinkie’s tail started to vibrate. “Ooooh, I think something big is about to happen.”

“No duh Pinky.” Rainbow snarked harshly. “That thing is about to fire off another beam...hey what’s up with that airship?”

“I do believe it is falling.” Fluttershy answered. “And it is very much on fire.”

Said airship continued it’s path of destruction as pieces of it exploded. The smoking warship plummeted at high speeds, straight into the giant UFO. The alien spaceship fought to correct the sudden loss in altitude, but failed under the weight of the other ship. An explosion from the airship connected with the UFO and a chain reaction was sparked. The laser at the bottom of the machine fired one last time in a desperate attempt to ward off excess energy and hit the castle. The ship failed to account that it was flipped on one side as the weapon fired right into other airships.

The ponies stayed silent for a moment.

“Wow.”

“Ya, I have to agree with you there Rarity.” Applejack patted her equally slackjawed friend on the back.

Twilight squinted her eyes as she noticed something or somepony jump out of the first falling spaceship. “I have a pretty good hypothesis on who just helped us out.”

“Luigi?” Pinkie asked with an innocent head tilt.

“Ye--I mean no. Mario! Who’s Luigi?” Twilight shook her head rapidly then stared warily at her pink friend.

“I dunno. It was just a name I picked out of my hat here.” She casually placed a pink hat with the letter P on her head. “I’ve been carrying this around in case of star plumber emergencies.”

“Even to the Gala, darling?” Rarity twitched as the ugly hat clashed with the dress. “I should have burned that hat after I made it for you. Don’t know what I was thinking that day.”

“Twilight, please go see to your friend. I will direct some pegasi soldiers to the remaining airships.” Celestia raised her large wing she was using to cover them. “I imagine we will need more of his help before the night is over.”

They saw Mario land in the courtyard with a heavy thump. “Right, come on girls. We have a friend to catch.”

“Catch up when you can!” Rainbow Dash yelled as she flew off the balcony as dived towards him. “Dude!” Mario looked up just in time to see her before the body slam. His hat casually floated to the ground where he had been standing.

Rainbow sat on Mario as the dust settled with her usual carefree smile. “What’s up? Been awhile.”

Mario’s dizzy eyes eventually settled down as he grabbed his hat. “Nice welcome.”

“When you have an awesome moment like what you just did. You deserve it.” Rainbow fluttered off Mario as he got up. “Seriously though, what is the deal with those guys?”

“Honestly, I-ma not sure. Bowser doesn’t usually do this.” Mario answered honestly. “I was about to ask about your moon.”

“The moon? There’s nothing wrong…” Dash looked up and saw the dark shadow that slowly enveloped the lunar object. “Okay, that’s creepy.”

“Mario!” Twilight called out as the rest of the girls caught up and they all skidded to a halt.

Except for Pinkie. “Group hug!” A hard love tackle from behind knocked the group over onto the wayward plumber. “Best group hug.”

Dash snickered as the low layer of the pony pile twitched. “That’s a nice welcome.” She lightly bounced to the top of the pile. “Hey Twilight, when you get a second check out the moon. Something weird is going on.”

Twilight teleported out with a quick flash. She steadied herself as her senses returned. “Moon? That...that looks wrong.”

Mario poked his head out. “It tried to grab-a me as I flew past it.”

The ponies got to their hooves as they observed the phenomenon. “Is Bowser behind that?”

“No, little ponies.” A chilling voice cackled behind them. “I just decided to free my servants.”

They quickly turned and paused in shock. “What!? How are you?” Twilight stammered. “You can’t be here!”

Dark mist broke as Nightmare Moon strode forward confidently. “Looking lovely tonight for your little Gala.”

“Nightmare Moon!” A white blur slammed down before the ponies. Celestia’s glare broke her usual motherly frame. “What is the meaning of this? Luna is safe in her room and of sound mind, why are you here?”

“To come to the Gala of course. I’ve been looking forward to it.” Inky blots of shadow formed around the ponies as Nightmare spoke. “I’m afraid I misplaced my ticket, but that shouldn’t be a problem, right dear sister?”

Celestia’s horn glowed as a warning. “You are not my sister.”

“In a way, I am. However, seeing as I am not welcomed I’ll just take the final Power Star you are hiding here and be on my way. I have set my sights on bigger things, Universe conquest.” Nightmare Moon’s shadow minions swirled around the heroes.

“We will stop you like before.” Twilight snorted as she and her friends tensed for a fight.

“Stop me?” Nightmare Moon slasher grin grew. “By all means, try.” She disappeared into the dark mist as yellow eyes appeared and hollow laughter surrounded them.

A Koopa stepped out, but something was missing. “Is that...a skeleton?”

“Those are-a Dry Bones.” Mario answered her. “and watch out for Boos.”

“That is so creepy.” Rarity paled as the jibbering monsters drew closer. “Oh look, they have flying ones as well.”

“Begone!” Princess Celestia became radiant as the shadows were blown away. Her royal voice echoed out and shattered the Dry Bones.

“We only have a few-a moments before they reform.” Mario sprinted towards the castle. “We need to stop her.”

Celestia looked down at Twilight. “I will get the Elements of Harmony. Go help your friend.”

She nodded. “Alright, let’s go girls.”

The ponies galloped after Mario back into the castle. The lights were suppressed under the haze of fog and shadows. Guards of all types tried their best to subdue the monsters, but shadows are tricky, ghosts laugh at their attempts, and the shambling skeletons refused to stay down. They recognized the starry mist of Nightmare Moon as she moved towards the throne room.

Dash growled as she shot ahead and tackled the villain. “I got her!” Nightmare Moon stretched around her as she slipped away.

“I think no--.” Mario jumped on her head allowing her to kiss the floor. Nightmare tumbled into the throne room and quickly bounced to her hooves. “Annoying pest.”

The girls found themselves facing off with her once again. Most of them, Fluttershy was a little less eager. The guards in the room readied their spears against the intruder. “Give up Nightmare Moon.”

Nightmare Moon ignored her as she stared at the large stylized sun imprinted into the marble floors. “There you are.” She raised her front hooves and stomped hard. The shockwave knocked them all over.

“Wow, that’s one way to play hide and seek.” Pinkie rolled back over. “You won purple. Lots and Lots of purple bits.”

“What is this?” Applejack looked around at the random floating purple coins that were dispersed around the room. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen money like this?”

“That’s because it’s not money, but security.” Twilight smirked. “This was set up by Princess Celestia in case anypony tried to steal the Power Star here.”

“Right you are.” Nightmare Moon grabbed a single coin next to her. “The idea is that you have to collect all 150 coins scattered throughout the castle to get the star. A tedious exercise if there ever was one and easy enough to capture anypony foalish enough to try without knowing where they all are.”

“I agree there.” Mario muttered.

The guards surrounded the disinterested alicorn. “Thankfully, I don’t have that problem. My servants bring them to me!” She bellowed out in her royal voice.

A cheerful Boo appeared between the guards which startled most of them. “Got one.”

The ponies looked around as ghosts with purple coins became tangible. Shadow creatures spilled between cracks with their own coins. “That was easy.”

“We need to stop them!” Twilight called out.

“How!? They’re spirits, we can’t touch them.” One of the guards answered as his tackle went through a Boo.

“M-maybe we just take a few coins and run away.” Fluttershy whimpered behind Applejack.

Rarity looked down at Fluttershy with a please smile. “Brilliant, everypony steal a coin and make a run for it!”

Applejack nodded as she took out her rope. “You got it!” With a quick fling of her rope, Applejack nabbed several coins and threw them at the guards.

“Hey, give that back!” A Boo cried out after being deprived of his coin.

“Now you have to play tag with us.” Pinkie bounded away with a delighted ‘weeee’. “Or maybe hide and seek!”

A nightmare shadow flowed around Rarity. “Give me back my coin.”

“You poor thing, you don’t look like you get enough light.” Her horn glowed a bright blue. “Let me help you with that.”


A cry of surprise was heard from Rarity’s general direction as Dash found herself surrounded by a cluster of Boos. “You guys have bad breath, why do you let your mouths hang open like that?”


“Hey, that’sss not fair.” One of the Boos missed a swipe at her. “We can’t ussse mirrors and oral hygiene is hard with ssstubby arms.”

“So you all need some help then. Alrighty.” Dash paused in the air for a moment before she blinked out of view. The Boos looked around until they noticed the air was moving them.

“Hey guys, do you feel that?” The Boo uttered before a few nanoseconds later a rainbow tornado blustered through the group.

Dash landed safely on the ground as the ghosts were carried away. She looked on her dress that was still intact. “Wow, still in one piece. I’m looking good.”

Fluttershy scrambled until she was up against a wall. “Oh no, oh no, oh no.”

A shadow nightmare and a boo approached slowly. “Well Larry I think we got us a lively one.”

“Don’t call me Larry, Moe.” The shadow grumbled. “Anyway, you have a coin. I’ll take that off your hooves.”

Fluttershy trembled as she looked down at the missing coin in her hooves. “...Wait, did I lose mine?”

“Hey look a monkey.” Larry pointed to a brown monkey with a purple coin. The primate flicked the dark shiny coin between it’s feet and paws as it hanged above them on a ledge. “Neat, he’s holding it with his foot.”

“Come here you hairy chimp. Give me the coin.” Moe turned invisible as he approached the monkey, but it swiftly climbed up the pillar and leaped out of the window. “Hey! Get back here!”

“Don’t lose it you dope!” Larry yelled as he misted through the window.

Fluttershy watched as ghost and shadow failed to catch said monkey. “I waited all night to get one animal to talk to me, and the first thing it does is steal from me.” She let out a deep sigh. “I’ll take what I can get.”

Mario and Twilight faced off against Nightmare Moon. They sized her up as she passively stalked them. “You are acting strange. I would have expected you to get angry for taking the purple coins from you.”

“Young mage, the outcome is inevitable. I will win.” Nightmare answered with a toothy smile. “My servants do not sleep, eat, or get tired. There is nothing you can do to change what happens here tonight.”

Twilight glared as she counter-stalked her with Mario. “All we have to do is hold you off long enough until Princess Celestia gets here.”

“Oh yes, I’m sure she will.” Nightmare tilted her head like she was giving the idea some thought. “I wonder why she’s not here yet.”

“She’s getting the Elements of Harmony.” Twilight snorted.

“Ask your alien friend, what happens when Boos claim a building.” Nightmare chuckled darkly. “How hopeless things are.”

Twilight glanced at Mario. “Well-a when Boos have gathered together in a large numbers they can possess the house, and change the insides to trick anyone.”

“Repeating rooms, fake doors, pale lights, and false walls. Your princess is not going to reach your toys.” Nightmare Moon laughed as her mane sprawled violently around her. “This castle is no longer the home you remember. The light will not save you.”

“There is a flaw in your plan.” Mario cut off her laughter.

“Oh?”

Fireballs appeared in Mario’s hands. “You are stuck here with us.”

Nightmare Moon snarled as she jumped away from the flying fireballs. She prepared to fire off a bolt of moon only to land on a trampoline construct created by Twilight. Nightmare Moon spread her wings as caught herself in the air. With a short gasp she flew up to avoid another set of fireballs.

“You can’t st--AHK!” Nightmare Moon squeaked as Pinkie Pie bounced off her head.

“Tag you’re it! I’m good at this game” Pinkie jumped off as two Boos chased her. Said Boos crashed into Nightmare Moon’s mane sending them all to the ground.

The alicorn crashed hard as she skidded a few meters across the floor. She saw stars for a moment before something grabbed her tail. She looked behind her and saw Mario with a grin much larger than what she was comfortable with. “Don’t you dare.”

He dared. With a quick twist he dragged her across the floor in a circle. Nightmare tried to scramble to her hooves, but found no traction. Then she felt her body lifted off the floor as the plumber continued his rotations. She was thankful that she hadn’t eaten supper. “No, stop!”

With his speed at max Mario let go. “So long Nightmare.”

Ponies jumped out of the way as black bullet streaked past them and through unfortunate Boos and nightmare shades. Nightmare Moon only glimpsed the impervious throne room doors before she slammed into them. They use to swing in, now they go both ways.

Nightmare lay there dazed for a few moments until she noticed the golden shoes of a familiar pony next to her. “Well Nightmare Moon, you have set yourself up for that.”

“Shut your mouth, Celestia.” Nightmare struggled to her hooves. “I take it you couldn’t find your precious elements.”

Princess Celestia stood tall in her radiance. “After a few misdirections I realized something. You are not my sister.”

“What does that have to do with...oh.” A bright blast of light exploded in her face as she was sent careening back into the throne room.

“Your servants all have a weakness, they abore light. So I’ve been going from room to room banishing them from my home, and now I found you.” Celestia strode into her throne room with soft clops. “You think you can come here in my home? Hurt ponies that I protect? Congratulations, you may have shut me off from the Elements of Harmony, but it won’t save you.”

Nightmare stood back up with a snarl. Her minions vanished as Celestia’s radiance spell found them. “Here I thought you had grown soft in your many years.”

Twilight and the rest of the ponies stood by as their ruler calmly trotted by. “You have lost. In your exuberance you underestimated me.”

“I have lost?” Nightmare tilted her head. She peaked at the corner of her eye as the sun rose early. “I was wondering when you would do that.”

Celestia stared at the mockery of her sister a little confused. “You were waiting for me to raise the sun?”

“My power wanes under your light...as does another.” A magikoopa teleported next to Nightmare Moon. “We will meet again. What you witness tonight was but a taste of our future power.”

There was a loud crash as the two teleported away as something heavy stomped around outside. “As does another? Luna!”

The ponies looked outside to see a giant spiked monster. His laugh shook the foundations of the castle as he held out his prize. Princess Luna was inside a transparent purple orb that occasionally sparked energy. “I love when an awesome plan comes together. I’ll stomp you later Mario. I have another princess to put in my collection.”

“No!” Fire sparked off Celestia’s mane as her eyes glowed white hot. “You will not take her from me beast. I have lived for far too long without her.”

“Ya I was told you were a hot one. Don’t worry I’ll be back for you.” Bowser hovered into the air as she followed in pursuit.

“Sister!” Luna cried out weakly as both her and Bowser disappeared in a purple cloud.

The lone sister hovered there by herself. Shock and despair, long foreign emotions, colored her face. Celestia felt rage about to burn her. She closed her eyes, and took deep breaths. She floated back down as she did so until she touched the floor.

“Mario was it?” She said quietly.

“Yes, that’s-a me.” He answered as he took a step closer.

“What do you need to get my sister back?” Celestia sat down on her haunches, back facing towards them.

Mario rubbed the back of his head. “Well-a nothing really. I’m already good at rescuing-a princesses.”

“Will you get her back?”

“Yes.”

“Please, do so.” Celestia took one last deep breath as she turned around to face them. Muzzle damp from tears. “My sister is most precious to me.” Her horn glowed as all the purple coins converged to her.

“Princess.” Twilight hesitantly drew closer. “Maybe, we should go with him.”

“My precious student, I can’t ask you to do such a thing.” Celestia smiled sweetly.

“Well the thing is princess.” Applejack answered with bold eyes. “With Nightmare Moon running around up there it feels like we didn’t finish the job.”

“If we had the Elements of Harmony I bet that we could take them both.” Rainbow Dash agreed she stomped her front hooves together.

“I don’t know.” Fluttershy mumbled. “Riding on a spaceship would be dangerous.”

“His spaceship.” Rainbow’s eyes light up as the idea. “Mario, can we see your spaceship? I mean if you can ride on it then it should be safe.”

“Now let’s be reasonable.” Rarity nudged herself between the excited Dash and the despondent Fluttershy. “We have lives that we can’t just abandon.”

“We could ask the funny star creatures outside.” Pinkie pointed to the hovering spaceship overhead.

Mario raised an eyebrow. “What is my ship doing here?”

“Mario!!!” The purple luma yelled from the starbow. “That monster just tried to hit the ship with meteors again. We’re fine though.”

“Lubba, we’re having a serious moment here.” Mario sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Well hurry up and finish your business so we can catch the guy.”

“That’s your spaceship?” Dash hovered next to Mario. “Looks like nothing I’ve ever seen in the comics.”

“It looks very green.” Fluttershy slowly observed the details of the entire thing. “...a bunny? A space bunny?” She looked up to Mario with a twinkle in her eye. “Is that a space bunny? May I pet your bunny?”

“Star Bunny actually, and he’s not mine.” Mario backed up as the pegasus closed in on him. “You’ll have to ask him.”

“Mario, darling, please stop enticing her. She’ll want to stay on the ship and she has a job.” Rarity scolded him quickly. He found himself surrounded by mares on all sides.

“The ship has a time travel feature built into it.” Lubba called out. “If you are worried about something as trivial as normal life we can drop you back here the moment you left.”

“Are the ponies coming to help us find mommy?” A baby yellow luma asked as it peaked it’s head out from behind a tree.”

That sealed the deal.

“Mommy? Did you lose your mommy?” Twilight asked as the little star creature floated down to see them.

“The big monster took mommy away. Mister Lubba and Mario have been working hard to get her back for us.”

“Us?” The ponies looked up to see a rainbow of Lumas on the ship. “Oh. Did they all lose their mommy?”

“Twilight.” Rainbow nudged Twilight’s side to get her attention. Twilight turned and could have sworn she saw fire in Dash’s eyes. “Heroes always save everypony.”

“Can you imagine the party afterwards?” Pinkie Pie added. “It be like the biggest thing in the Universe.”

“I hate to see a family lose their mother or sister when I could do something about it.” Applejack stood next to Twilight as she faced Celestia. “I want to go with him.”

Celestia looked at the ponies that had such determined faces. “Do you all really wish to take up this task?”

“Yes.” They answered in unison.

She closed her eyes as she smiled. “Take the Elements of Harmony with you. Mario can you spare them a few moments so they can prepare?”

Mario nodded. “My ship will have everything they need, but if they want to bring personal items they can.”

“Very well. Keep my little ponies safe. This might be their greatest journey yet.” The Power Star formed next to her. “Take this with you. I hope it can help.”

“Thank you.”

Mario turned to his new companions.

“Whenever you are-a ready.”