• Published 24th Dec 2012
  • 13,931 Views, 73 Comments

Clouds and Tears, Hugs and Cheers - uioui



Rainbow Dash is feeling down so Spike tries to cheer her up.

  • ...
16
 73
 13,931

One Month Later

Author's Note:

I never really expected another chapter for this story. But I found a chapter on my laptop recently and it was made over a year ago so what better thing to do? I published it, although I didn't really edit it. If anyone is willing to do the dirty work please tell me, I would appreciate it. The chapter is a bit bland considering it is a year old, but I will try to have another story up in 2 months.

*One Month Later*

Rainbow Dash looked at herself in the mirror. Her eyes seemed to glow with excitement, her lips contorted into one of the largest smiles. After all these years she was going to achieve her dreams. Everything she fought, she struggled, and sacrificed for was ready to be rewarded.

She slowly lifted one of her hooves and started to zip up her blue suit. What suit you may ask? Why none other than the legendary icon of the Wonder Bolts. However unlike the usual suit, it was modified. It had symbols of fire and thunder plastered across it.
The cyan maned mare sighed in anticipation. Today was the day, and nothing was going to bring her down. She quickly placed her goggles on and stared back at her reflection. Memories soon started to surge through her mind on her battle to conquer her goals.

She remembered watching the Wonder Bolts for the first time, oh how she squealed in delight. Memory of the Nightmare moon incident flashed and she reminisced how she sacrificed her chance at the Shadow Bolts to save her friends. That truly cemented the fact that she was the element of loyalty.

She grinned, her emotions getting brighter by the second.

She remembered the Gala; no matter what a disaster it had been she still had fun. It was also entertaining to see Spitfire get pissed at Soarin for paying more attention to pie than to her. In the end she finished her night at Donut Joe’s and she wouldn’t have had it any other way.

She stood up and took one final glance at the mirror before moving away and into the hall.

She recalled when they had turned Discord to stone. He caused a lot of chaos that day but it wasn’t like he really harmed any pony. It wasn’t like the petrification was permanent, they did just release him a few months later, and he seemed to have bonded quickly with Fluttershy. And though Rainbow Dash wouldn’t admit it, she was glad Fluttershy had someone new to talk to.

She quickened her pace as she turned the corner; her ears seemed to pick up sound.

But one memory that stood out was the attack on the crystal empire by Sombra. Although he nearly succeeded they managed to turn the tides of the battle and destroy the dark prince. Or so they thought. But the person they really had to thank was Spike. If it wasn’t for him they would have been goners in that battle. He had also managed to purify Sombra himself. The kind dragon had sent the dark prince a crystal growing set when the villain hid in tundra; he said it was a gift for giving him time in the spotlight.

Rainbow Dash stopped as a faint hue of crimson started to lace her cheeks.

It was always Spike that made their day. He helped Twilight keep both her organization levels and sanity in check. He aided Applejack on the farm when she needs help. Instead of treating Pinky like a lunatic he treated her like a very close friend and assisted her with pranks. He spends time with Fluttershy when he isn’t busy and he supports Rainbow Dash when it comes to training for the Wonder Bolts.

Is it really a wonder the Pegasus fell for Spike? Imagine the new Wonder Bolt’s initiate’s surprise when Spike reciprocated her feelings. It was like the sweetest of desserts, in more than one way. He was strong, he was fast, he was funny, he was charming, he was caring, he was sweet, he was attractive, and all around awesome.

“Almost as awesome as me right?” Rainbow Dash asked herself jokingly although she thought Spike was far superior to her. But she would never say that, she has a reputation as a Wonder Bolt to uphold after all.

At the thought of the Wonder Bolt she realized what she was here for and started walking again. She soon came upon a great door and she pushed it and moved though.

As she did applause rang through her ears as her eyes adjusted to the sudden light, she swiftly noticed the crowds of thousands cheering. Each one wearing a sort of Wonder Bolt accessory, whether it was a cap, fake wings or a necklace it was all fantastic and they were all chanting the same thing.

“Rainbow Dash! Rainbow Dash!”

The aforementioned mare smiled the biggest she could, tonight was her night. She strolled faster and faster until she reached a podium, where she quickly met Spitfire. The captain of the team beamed the cyan Pegasus a bright smile as she quickly shook hands with her in front of thousands, no millions of fans.

“Congratulations Dash, it was about time too.” She spoke with a tone filled with pride.

“I wouldn’t have it any other way Spit.” Rainbow Dash replied, her tone echoing Spitfire’s.

“By the way, I forgot to apologize for what happened a month ago. I’m sorry; I was just stressed that day due to Soarin’s lack of enthusiasm towards our dating and stark raving passion for pie. I must have sent the letter to the wrong address.” Spitfire said, her cheeks flushed in embarrassment as she glanced towards the ground.

“It’s fine, after all we are still here and I am still getting in one of the most awesome teams in the land thereby making me 20% cooler!” Rainbow Dash squeed in reply as she lightly embraced Spitfire to the amusement of fans.

“Besides I have a way to get Soarin to pay attention.” Rainbow Dash uttered silently as she whispered in Spitfire’s ears, the words causing Spitfire to turn redder and redder.

“Sounds like a plan.” Spitfire said softly before turning back to the crowd, she began the program to avoid more awkwardness.

“Fillies and gentlecolts! We are gathered her today to witness the induction of Rainbow Freeze Dash into the Wonder Bolts due to her many accomplishments!” Spitfire announce in a loud booming voice.
The crowd cheered, their combined voices reverberating throughout the arena. The program was finally going to start.

Rainbow Dash smiled one last time today was it. Before anything else she scanned the crowd to see if her special drake was there. Just before Spitfire spoke again, Dash spotted a combination of purple and green and saw a rather tall figure. Her face broke into a grin.

*Three Hours Later*

The after party was amazing; Pinkie Pie had really outdone herself this time.

Although only her close friends and some Wonder Bolts were attending, the pink pony really created a marvellous scene in the library. The elegant purple and green hues of streamers accent the numerous cyan balloons scattered across the scene. A large rainbow cake was at the center, complete with numerous side dishes. Applejack had even gone to the trouble of brewing up a large keg of cider as a gift for Rainbow Dash.

But the best thing for Rainbow Dash was the fact her closest friends were all there.

“Guys you shouldn’t have gone through with all this, this is too much even for a mere as awesome as me.” Rainbow light-heartedly joked, although she was getting all misty eyed.

“Aww, is the tough widdle wondabolt getin all teary eyed on us?” Applejack teased before quickly bringing Rainbow Dash into a tight hug.

“Jokes aside Dash, congratulations you have finally accomplished your dream.” Applejack sincerely said before all the other mares then joined into the hug.

“This is really the best night ever, but where is Spike?” Dash questioned after finally pulling away from the hug.

“Oh I forgot to mention, he is on the terrace upstairs waiting for you, said something about a surprise.” Pinkie Pie uttered as if nothing important was going on.

“Why don’t you check upstairs darling, who knows you might like it.” The Fashionista white pony said with a bit of command in her voice but kindness in her eyes.

The newly inducted Wonder Bolt nodded her head before climbing upstairs, yet in her haste she never noticed the knowing smirks the other members of the Mane 6 were sending each other.

As she ascended the stairs, a growing knot started forming in her stomach. Nervousness, fear, but at the same time excitement gnawed at her being. What could the surprise be?

She finally reached the top of the stairs and stepped into the astonishing glow of Luna’s moon. Each tendril of darkness seemed to slowly wrap around her, yet it gave a feeling of beauty. The tiny stars accent the massive pearl in a sea of diamonds, each twinkle embedding them in her vision.

Complete silence dominated the air as she continued staring, completely enraptured in their beauty. She was utterly fixated until a voice snapped her out of her trance.

“Enjoy the sight?”

She whipped her head quickly and noticed her beloved drake, how dapper he looked. He was wearing a tuxedo of all things, complete with bowtie. Although she would never say, she was glad he wasn’t wearing that silly top hat.

“Oh my Celestia, what are you wearing Spike?” Dash started giggling before she noticed another item at his side. “And is that a guitar?”

Spike grinned before taking Rainbow Dash’s hoof into his claws.

“Dash remember a month ago when you were down because a letter of expulsion was sent to you by mistake?”

The pegasus’s eyes glistened in memory of what had been a sad day turned into the best of her life.

“How could I ever forget?” She slowly said as she started inching her face towards the drake. “It was the most painful moment of my life receiving that letter, every word, every letter carved into my heart another wound.”

Spike slowly wrapped his arms around Dash before she continued.

“Yet, you made everything better for me. I can never forget the food, the song, and the favour you did contacting Spitfire. Even after I kicked you down there, you took it all in stride.” Spike winced slightly. “It was that day I realized I had fallen for the best, greatest, most awesome dragon in all of Ponyville.

“The only dragon in Ponyville,” Spike wisely remarked. Dash weakly punched him in the shoulder as Spike continued.

“You know what I mean you big lug. Yes I do remember, and I just want to say thank you and I love you.”

Spike slowly cupped Dash’s cheeks as they melted into a soft, yet passionate kiss. The sparks showering still as bright as the very first kiss they shared. A minute had passed before the demanding fingers of precious oxygen demanded that they breathe.

No words were shared before Spike wordlessly got the guitar and started strumming.

“As I saying, I would like to give you another gift Rainy.” Spike snickered slightly as Rainbow Dash groaned at the nickname.
“Wonder Bolts don’t get called Rainy Spike, that is so so so- unawesome.” But Dash smiled and Spike took that as his cue to strum louder.

“Before we get side tracked Rainy, here is my gift and I wanted it to be similar to our moment a year ago.”

With that Spike started singing.

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you

Spike looked at Rainbow Dash and noticed her eyes misting over. He slowly moved closer towards her before kissing her quickly on the lips.

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Rainbow Dash soon starts bobbing her head up and down as she giggles softly, like honey to Spike’s ears.

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you
For I can't help falling in love with you

Feeling the moment Spike goes to say something as Dash utters something simultaneously.

“I love you.”

“Spike that was beautiful! Oh my Celestia you are making me cry! Please Wonder Bolts don’t cry.” Dash said in jest, yet openly crying now.

“You are still a new Wonder Bolt; we have plenty of time to break the habit still.” Spike beamed her a toothy smile.
Rainbow Dash just nuzzled her Drake Friend lovingly.

Nothing could make this night any better for Dash.

“By the way Dash, I have one more surprise for you.”

Spoke too soon.

Dash nodded her had as a sign to go on, Spike grabbed something from his pocket but concealed it.

“I know we have only been together for a month, but we’ve known each other for years. Everyday around you only seems like minutes, and you are the most amazing mare I have ever met. When you say you are awesome, that is something I completely believe in. Just talking to you makes me feel 20% cooler. But now, I have something important to ask you.” Spike uttered with conviction, yet still cutely copying Rainbow Dash a little.

He knelt to his feet before finally opening the box. It was an amazing, platinum hoof ring, encrusted with a single, massive diamond, and accompanied by different gemstones all making up the colour of the spectrum. Rainbow Dash was in shock, she was in silence but a sea of happiness was brewing like a cyclone inside her.

“Will you marry me?”

Comments ( 19 )

WOW just wow.
Oh and AAWWWWWW!

Man do I love this couple. You have created a memorable Spike and Dash that I know anyone would enjoy. I would love another chapter showing what happens next. Like the wedding and their first year married, then you can end it on another cliff hanger like she is prego or something lol:moustache::heart::rainbowkiss:

more please?!

AWWWWW 2!:moustache::heart::rainbowkiss:

Before I say anything, I found two typos,

"Instead of treating Pinky like a lunatic he treated her like a very close friend and assisted her with pranks." It's PINKIE not Pinky.

Wonder Bolts should be one word. (Wonderbolts)

This... Was... Amazing. I can't even to describe it, this is beautiful.

I really wish I could see if Rainbow says yes or not.

Amazing work! :D

And then Rainy dashed with Spike to the closest priest - which coincidentily wasn't very far due to one of few 'official Celestias students' rights Twilight had never mentioned before - and they lived happily ever after. Getting 20% cooler and cooler everyday. :rainbowlaugh:

4153661

Maybe they meant Pinky the mouse from that little show he had with another mouse called Brain? Doesn't really fit the context, but hey, it's a possibility :pinkiehappy:

I need more of this!!! :pinkiehappy:

Comment posted by Snapshot Design deleted Apr 5th, 2014

What song was spike singing?

So that's the extra bit of story you uploaded, it's nice of you to do that after such a nice beginning, good job.

That ending while sweet and endearing; I have something to say...

What the I do?

Woody: "Alright! Alright! Next day!" *computer shuts off* Woody: "Hey! C'mon let's read the next chapter!" Me: "That was it.." Woody: "What?" Me: "The author hasn't published a new chapter in a long time.." Woody::pinkiegasp: Me: :ajsleepy: Woody: :fluttercry: Me: :ajsleepy: Woody: :raritycry:

This story is amazing. Just one thing bugging me, though. What song is Spike singing in this chapter?

I'm just going to go ahead and say this, but the picture for this story is adorable and if anyone says otherwise than eh.

This was moving enough to make me have to fight from leaking from my eyes! :pinkiecrazy::pinkiesmile:

and sacrificed for

Like...you know...teaching Scootaloo how to fly?

Which is why I like this other YouTube video!

Login or register to comment