• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 13,164 Views, 439 Comments

Pony bound - Shortcourt



Losing your innate body isn't as easy as it seems, especially on earth.

  • ...
25
 439
 13,164

Hell's hospital part I

“We’re here.”

Already? I’m quite shocked, usually the ride takes 10 minutes. It felt like 4 or 5 minutes to me.

Dad unlocked the doors and exited the driver’s seat, slamming his door with force albeit giving it no regard whatsoever. My ears contracted at the boisterous noise manifest through the slam. For a nice car like that, I wonder why he would slam it like he’s trying to break it. Is it a habit? I hope not, that car is just as prestigious as the cup of water George Washington last drunk from.

“That was quicker than I expected.” I said aloud to no one in particular since Dad just vacated the automobile.

I slowly got up on my hooves and did a 90 degree turn to follow my dad’s movements. I succeeded, until I realized I was 2 inches short, meaning I still couldn’t get a view of the window. Really? 2 inches? The front passenger seat’s window is closer to ground level than the back seat’s window, but It aggravates me to know that it wasn’t enough.

The whole time I was in the car, I couldn't see anything outside because of this pony body that is hindering me from many activities I do on a daily basis. How about if I saw other sentient beings that have the same appearance as me? Oh god, my anxiety to see another pony continues. Funny, because I thought I would be the only one. A swarm of humans turning into ponies sounds more logical than one average-joe like me turning into one. If I did bad deeds it would make sense, but I’m a good seed!

Haha, oh god, good one. Haha, I love that song.

Another thing from the transformation is, my gender has been switched. If someone else gender was changed, I would feel somewhat better, knowing that someone has experienced my torment. We also can form a bond, having a sense of solidarity. It would be nice, but I sound heartless wishing other people to suffer my fate.

But I thought you wanted mutual support?

I do, but it seems heartless wishing for this to occur to anyone else.

It probably already happened. Say, wouldn't it be funny if all human turned ponies were gender bent?

It would, but it would be disturbing too. It will mainly be awkward, considering couples will have to change-

I DON’T NEED TO HEAR THAT!

“Well, get out the car.” my dad muttered, a scowl evident on his face.

“Okay!” I replied swiftly, snapping back into reality. Damn, was I thinking hard that long?

I hopped out the car, landing cleanly on the ground. It seems we are in the parking lot.

Wait, when did he open the door?

Either I’m drowning in my consciousness or this is a side-effect from turning pony where my eyes aren't adjusted for the average time of the world.

I stuck my tongue out in disgust thinking about that second possibility.

“You ready?” he said while slamming my side of the door with brute force. Twitch

I was gonna answer, but instead, I decided to give him awareness of his method of “closing doors.”

“Yeah, um, why do you slam your car door so hard?” I asked.

He leered at me for a second but then his eyes lit up. “Oh, I don’t know, It just feels good, you feel me?”

I grimaced, not liking his vague answer. I’m not sure if he is doing the slamming on purpose since he is aware of my fondness of his car. I should be alittle more direct.

“Alright, just make sure you don-”

“No, you’re not using my car.” he interrupted apace.

Wow, I asked him so many times my intentions became predictable.


“Come on Dad, I have my drivers license. Just let me take it for a spin one time?” I pouted.

My dad smiled at my misfortune. “No. Not only that, but I don’t trust your ‘hooves’ on my wheels.”

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever Dad, I’ll get it one day.” I mumbled through clenched teeth. Of Course, that thought is unlikely considering no one knows the cause a hoarse of people to transform into ponies. Wouldn't it be a shame if a new driver who recently got there car turned into a pony? That is either karma, or just bad luck.

"Yeah, lets just hope you make it to the future.” he chuckled.

I wanted to chide him for alluding to the U.N’s absurd decision, but my ‘carefree’ side dissuaded me from doing it. I sighed, getting a taste of the mid-winter air in my lungs. I must reiterate that the air feels cool and soothing, not cold and gloomy.The bright sun and the sound of birds chirping accommodates the nice afternoon weather.

If fur keeps my body impervious to cold weather, I don’t want to imagine how I will feel in the summer.

You will have to cut your fur off if you want to prevent exhaustion.

I’m no expert, but I’m pretty damn sure that counts as nudity. Plus, that’s disturbing
When the time comes you are gonna have to adapt. Might as well plan ahead so your mind doesn't become dilapidated from pondering how you should acclimatize. But I agree that cutting off your fur isn't the right way to go. You will have to freeze yourself before you go outside.
That’s retarded. How is he going to get outside if he’s frozen? Your logic is flawed.
Your rhetoric is juvenile.

Look, both of you-

"What are you staring at? C'mon, aren't you eager to get home?" my dad queried.

I winced. “Sorry, it’s just that I have two different personalities in my head. They are alittle indifferent about things.” I said while glancing my eyes away.

He stared at me blankly. “Good luck with that, I don’t think therapist can penetrate your thoughts physically.”

My left eyebrow twitched. He really does believe I’m insane, but he is still cracking jokes? No, he is probably serious.

Haha, your dad is a drunk bastard but he’s funny.

My dad isn’t a bastard, his parents are married. Plus, he isn’t drunk currently. I don’t know what you are trying to say.
No one does besides high-school kids.

I’m in high school plus I know what he meant. I was pulling his cerebral strings, you feel me?
He greased you, boy.

Did you call me a boy?

SHUT UP!

“Hello, earth to pony?” my dad said while waving a hand in my face. Funny how he referenced something he is oblivious to.

I frowned. “It’s not me Dad, I’m telling you there are voices in my head arguing! When I think about something too hard they pop up!” I snapped, feeling a sudden obligation to defend myself. Funny, because I’m not so passionate when it comes to beliefs, but beliefs and facts are totally different things.

“I see,” my dad said with genuine concern in his voice. “How long has this been happening?”

“Uh, ever since day one, I suppose. But, there was only one before, now there are two! Do you know what’s the worst part? They are opposites! It isn't me!”

My dad cringed. “Uh, sure Shawn. Tell that to the doctor, okay?”

I glared at him for 3 seconds. Motherfucker thinks i’m crazy, huh? Well, I don’t blame him, If someone told me there were voices in their head, I would say "there are voices in all our heads. It’s called thinking."

“I’m serious Dad! Why do you think I keep spacing out for? You think I’m seeing ghost? No, I’m obviously thinking, but too bad I’m not always in control of my thoughts!” I huffed while I finished my tirade. That felt awesome! I sounded like a bitch that you don't want to screw with. The power of protesting is just as good as eating spaghetti in Italy.

The recipient of my rant closed his eyes. “Who do you think you are yelling at, kid?”

I gulped. “Um, nobody.”

So much for "power of protesting". I think you pussy cat.

No, I'm just not recklessly stupid like you, fool. I felt his hand already, I don't feel like feeling it again.

Okay, kid.

He sighed. “Maybe we can ship you to the mental hospital.. come on, you’re starting to scare me, Shawn.”

I frowned, watching the man walk towards the automatic doors. I need to think of a comeback. Something witty or bitchy.

“Well, you know what else scares you? Your reflection!” I shot back while catching up with him.

Suddenly, he stopped in motion. Either he is anticipating hitting me or something else. Something familiar...

He turned his head around and remarkably, his face was deformed. “Booga!”

I deadpanned at his elementary like theatrics. Just as I suspected, he was gonna pull that "boogeyman" face where he puts his eyes up his head. If I was a kid it would've scared me, but I'm nearly a grown ass man!

Ahem
Oh right.. I'm not a human or male anymore...
Yep.

Still, I'm not some little kid. I know my dad is a knucklehead who likes to goof off, but it seems like he was trying when he chose to make a "Scary face" as a comeback.

His pupils re-appeared. "I thought that would get you."

I snickered, which then turned into maniacal laughing. "You really think I would fall for that feather weight stuff? Your head must be in the gutters or you're just getting old." I cooed.

He smirked. "Well, you were crying earlier so-"

*Snap*

"UNCLE RAY WAS MY BEST FRIEND! MAYBE YOU NEVER LOST A PRECIOUS ONE BEFORE, BUT UNDERSTAND MY POINT OF VIEW!" I growled.

Dad cringed at my outburst. "Woah," he put his hands up in his defensively. "I was just kidding."

My eyes closed and a sick smile came on my face. "Well don't kid about stuff that I rather not talk about."

I continued walking again. Dad looked at me dumbfounded and shrugged. I don't know why he didn't snap at me snapping at him like last time, but maybe it was because he saw the flare in my eyes when he referenced my crying, which I had a good reason for.

But, I was sincerely angry, so why did I give a smile a few seconds later? Sure, it probably scared him and was a big fator on why he didn't discipline me, but that wasn't deliberate. Um was I like this before?

“You know Shawn, you need to stop acting so bi-polar.”

I looked at him through the corner of my eyes. “How am I acting bi-polar?”

“Well, for starters, you were laughing a second ago and you wanted my head a moment ago . Is there something you want to tell me, son? I’m all ears.” he said with seriousness in his tone, even though that sounds like a certain joke me and my friends used on our friend when we thought he was "coming out the closet". However, even though his tone has a resemblance to the way I say it, I can tell he isn't joking. Plus, what he said is slightly scary.

Going by what he said, I’m suffering from mood swings, which of course are involuntary. I’m not special with this stuff, but I would say the change played a key role in my sudden “mood swings.”

This is very scary! It seems my character is becoming more characterized by my gender slowly, meaning I won’t have a skit of my macho side left!

Now you’re just being a drama-queen. Get a life sometimes, bro.
That too! I’m becoming more dramatic also! First bi-polar now dramatic? Oh the freaking hilarity!
Maybe you were always like this? The stages of grief always begin with denial.
I’m not going through grief though.
That’s what they all say.
Okay, you shut up. You're not helping.

“Shawn?” my dad snapped.

“Huh?”

Instead of him finishing his sentence, he walking into two automatic doors. Wow. I slowly followed suite. Well, what seemed like forever, we finally entered the doors of the hospital. Of Course, us horsing around (no pun) is a major factor to the delay of reaching our destination.

While we walked down the corridor, I bobbed my head, viewing my surroundings. No surprise that everything looked 3x times bigger, but I can see more detail on the walls, which are uncouth. I’m not surprised the staff pays little attention to the health of this corridor since this is just a passage to the main clinic, but it’s still deficient.

The walls might deter new folks from the hospital. I mean, If I walked into a place where the walls look like a kangaroo took a dump on them, I would get the hell out!

Hell, I think me and Dad are the only peopl- er, living things walking down this shithole. That vexes me to some point, considering I have yet to see another pony. I had the opportunity when I was in the car, but this damn body obviated me from doing so.

Finally at the end of the corridor, my Dad opens the door signalling me to enter.

Hmm, no shenanigans from him, pretty good so far.

I walked into the room, meaning we finally are in the emergency room. Best part is, I entered first! Well, that’s because my Dad suggested I go first. Either way, glad I’m not the rotten egg.

My first reaction was.... amazement. What I see in front of my eyes and hear with my equine ears fascinates me. I see... a pony! To be more precise, I see a white mare with a blue mane/tail standing by the front desk. I couldn’t see her face, but I could tell it’s a mare by the shape and the voice.

But, you want to know what also amazes me? The tone of her voice. I can’t get a translucent sound of what she is saying, but I can distinguish when there is animosity apparent in someones voice.

I don’t know if I should grin or frown. I would say an altercation is going on since it sounds like the mare is arguing with the receptionist lady.

Curious, I approached the boisterous duo, seeing what’s the fuss. It isn't my business, but I don’t give a damn.

Are you serious? That's none of your buisness, you need to have regards for people’s privacy!

It’s a public hospital, sweetie. There is nothing private about that.
He got you good.
Shut up, ass-for-brains!
Make me, bitch!
SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Sorry
He started though! I don’t like this ass interfering in my conversations!

I don’t give a damn, honestly. Just shut up, you two are making me lose track of time in reality..

“I hope this hospital gets shut down! You idiots are a bunch of bucking apples!” The other pony shouted with acrimony.

Damn, thanks to my timing, I only heard 1/4 of the conflict. It sounds like the mare’s vocabulary has been modified. I’m guessing she fainted? And why did she say that for? I’m not too fond of this hospital, but it does it job. Please don’t tell me this hospital is bigoted against ponies.

Remind me to use bucking apples as an insult or expression, Brain. It sounds intimidating.
Psh, hell yeah. When they hear you call someone 'bucking apples' they are gonna be like "God damn, not gonna fuck with this bitch. I'm gonna keep my life tonight."
You took the words right out my mouth, buddy.

The mare huffed while turning away from the human she just flamed. Damn, female ponies are scary! She marched away with her eyes closed, meaning I can’t see the color of her eyes!

“Can’t you believe how some people are, sis?” she whispered in my ear while passing right by me.

I didn't respond, but I felt my face turn gray. I don’t want to know what she meant by that statement, but I do want to punch her for calling me ‘sis’. I’m already slightly pissed from my dad, but now an unknown pony is going to refer to me as a female?

Also, is it that easy to tell? I mean, Dante had trouble telling my gender at first, but then again, that’s Dante; he isn't the brightest light bulb.

Ugh, this gender change is annoying. Maybe I wouldn't take female pronouns so bad if I were born one, but I am still a guy mentally. Quite frankly, if this transformation is permanent, I don’t think my lifestyle is going to change at all.

You are going to have to get used to it. Maybe if you didn't look like a mare, people wouldn't call you one?
What are you trying to say?
I’m trying to say people are calling what they see, genius. How do you expect them to know if you were male before? You’re being pissy about this, just get use to the female pronouns. Getting angry over something trivial as this is pathetic.
You have a point. But, people referring to me as a ‘she ‘is an annoying.
As much as I hate to agree with her, you need to stop whining and get over it.
But, you don’t understand it completely! I have the right to be insecure, it’s horrible. When you get your gender changed, hit me up. Kay? Good. And no one asked you, meat head, Go in the corner and think about your life.
But
SILENCE!
You’re acting like a kid about this.
I’m acting like any other man would! Now take my advice and shut the hell up, pesky sub conscious or whatever you are, homie.


I frowned, deciding it’s circumspect to discard the recent scene from my memory permanently, if that’s possible. Funny how small things like that can make me angry, if I had to guess, I can’t keep a smile on my face longer than 50 seconds.

I walked up to the receptionist desk, taking a time to look at the woman who was the victim of getting told off. She quickly averted her head down to get a good view of me.

The first thing that came to my mind is: I hate this hag’s face!

She is a Caucasian woman who is slightly chubby; wearing a feminine blue suit. But, let me get to the part I hate about her. Her facial expression was a deadpan. It looks like she is uninterested, like she hates her job and all the people that comes up to her. She looked like Consuela from Family guy. Honestly, couldn't they have chosen someone who is more enthusiastic? I bet she talks in a monotone voice and blinks before she is about to talk.

But, those are just assumptions. I think I should be polite. First impressions, right? Plus, I don't like the way she is staring at me. I should say something to get her eyes off me.

“Um.. hi.”

The woman blinked. I’m correct, haha! I mean, no! Not another lost soul!

“There are no pets allowed in this hospital.” she said while putting her head back up

Author's Note:

This chapter was so long combined I decided to split it up into two parts. Writing this chapter was like pulling on teeth because next chapter is what I've been waiting to write for sooooo long. Anyways, nothing to say here really besides this chapter is lighter than the last few ones.

Edit: LOL! 69 comments.