• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 13,167 Views, 439 Comments

Pony bound - Shortcourt



Losing your innate body isn't as easy as it seems, especially on earth.

  • ...
25
 439
 13,167

Stunning revelations

I’m sitting on the floor, staring at my two parental guardians in awe. Katie is smiling nervously while Dante is grinning like he just got laid. My parents, however, faces are mixed with disgust, shock, and disbelief.

Great. Freaking great. I take my mind off mom and dad only for them to appear out of nowhere, witnessing me falling from the stairs. Oh, the goodness is too much! I didn’t even get a chance to introduce them to the new ‘pony’ me, no, Katie basically did that when she ran down the stairs to see if I’m okay. Talk about bad timing, huh? When did mom and dad come walk inside the door, anyways? I didn’t hear the doorbell? Why is Dante laughing so hard?

Hey bro, I think Dante is changing from a bastard into a straight-up crook

Really? What makes you say that?

I don’t know, bro. But I can see the resentment in his eyes is turning him into a something I don’t like.

I see.

Please tell me you didn’t turn into one of them, Shawn.”

My mother words shocked me like a lightning bolt.


One of them? She says it like she saw a pony in the streets! Does this mean i’m not the only one? Hell yes! I-

Don’t get too happy now, you’re next words can decide your future in this household.

I know brain, what the hell do you want me to say? I’m just a 16 year old kid, I don’t have that much life experience.

Well, give your mother what she wants to hear!

I take a second to inhale, getting ready to respond to my mother for the first time. I look at my mom and dad and study their appearances. They both look.. bigger.. and they look like they been in a car accident. I’m guessing it’s the drinking.

“I didn’t turn into one of them.” I replied sheepishly
.
“Then why did Katie adress you like that?” she scowled. Well, now I’m stuck, again!

Katie face palmed, clearly frustrated at my theatrics.

My dad speaks up this time, looking at Katie. “And we need to have a talk about your language, young lady.” my dad says in an authoritative voice, referring to Katie’s outbursts.

Katie rolled her eyes. “C’mon dad, it’s just a word, like damn! Relax, man!” Goddammit, she is becoming defiant as hell.

“Stop Katie, you’re digging yourself deeper!” I chided. If I learned anything, I learned that Katie has a quick tongue and doesn’t always think before she speaks. Sure, rebellious against unfair shit I condemn, but straight up disrespect to our parents is something I don’t condone.

My dad glazes at me. Oh great, what do I do this time?

My mom speaks again. “Well? Why did you say it wasn’t you if it clearly is you!” My mom shouts.

If I learned anything, I learned not to piss my mom off. But apparently, the way my day has been going, it was inevitable that she would snap at me.

I took a second to recollect my thoughts and sighed.

“Because you told me to tell you I didn’t turn into one of them! So I decided-”

“This isn’t funny, Shawn!” my mother scolds in a scary tone. Shit

“Sorry!” I squeaked, curling my body in a circle the way a cat would.

My mother sighed.

“Also, why does your voice sound like that, Shawn?”


Brain, she figured us out!

Oh shit!

Shit got real, brain!

No shit, bro!

What we gonna do, broman!

The question is what are you gonna do, my friend. I’m going to sleep, bye.

You son of a- gah! I'll get you.

“Uh, well..” I stuttered.

This time, Dante speaks. Looks like he finally pricked his balls up and composed himself.

“Mom, I don’t think you can keep addressing Shawn like that. I mean, it’s not appropriate, considering his condition.” he says while adding a lot of emphasis on “his”. Dante alluded to my sex change, not directly, but direct enough for my mother to understand That snitching bastard! If this is his idea of ‘revenge’, it’s pathetic. But it’s a relief, too.

I give Dante a deadly glare. All he does is give me a stupid grin in return, knowing he miffed me. Eat me, Dante.

My mother nodded, understanding my predicament. My dad, however, looked frenetic, not taking the information well.

“My son is a mare..” he says in a monotone voice with his eyes glued open.

I get out my curled position and got up on all fours. I sighed, preparing myself to confirm this sudden revelation.

“Correct, Dad,” I started carefully. “At first, I was skeptical, but then, lets just say I did some.. investigation, hehe..” I finished with forced laughter, trying to get rid of the gloomy feeling in the air.

My mom crosses her arms and stares at me absently. Feeling uncomfortable, I speak up.

“What?”

My mom blinks, keeping the same position. Damn, I didn’t know my sex and species change would affect them that badly!

“It’s nothing, it’s just that I didn’t expect anyone in the household,” she started to sniff, losing her composure. “Shawn, baby, we need to get you to the hospital before it’s too late.” she struggled with tears in her eyes.

The room goes silent. What the hell is she talking about?

Brain, I need you.

What?

Something seems off about mom. She seems like she knows something vital.

Well? Ask her then, man! Speak up!

I was planning to, I just wanted your

My input is shut the fuck up and speak the fuck up. Now goodbye!

Gee brain, you’ve been acting different lately.

You’re one to talk. You’ve been pessimistic as hell ever since the change.

My face mingled fear and anxiousness. “What the hay are you talking about, Mom?” I replied with anger.

This time, Katie speaks up. “Yeah Mom, you look like Shawn turning into a pony is the end of the world. I mean sure, it’s bad that you lost a 'son', but I mean-”

“Didn’t you guys look at the news!” my mother interjected with rage.

Huh?

I gave my mother a strange glare. “No, we haven’t, but you sound like you know something we don’t,” I began. “Mom, tell me, are there other 'ponies' like me outside?”

My mother wiped her tears away and nodded.

YES! YES! YES! I’m not the only one! Fuck you mother nature!

As I suspected,” I say assured. I give a fake cough, “Now, the way you reacted...”

A puzzled look makes it’s way on everyone’s faces. They must be bewildered at my voice. Sure, my choice of words were all me, but it didn’t blend in with the voice. The voice sounded too gregarious to be mine.

I dropped my eyes, getting ready to ask my second question. “Why did you say ‘before it’s too late’ for, mom?” I asked with curiosity in my voice.

My mother just stayed still and her colorless expression reverted to a wistful one. She looked like she was contemplating on how to tell me what she meant. This can’t be good.

Brain?

What bro! Can’t a brain get some sleep? I thought you didn’t want my input? And when I gave you my input, you shunned me and threatened me. You dun goofed, bro. You ostracized me, then you woke me up. Since I’m such a good brain, I’ll answer you. What is it?

Uh, out of 10, how bad do you think my mom’s answer will affect my mentality?

I dunno, bro. She has to answer first.

Thanks for nothing.

Hey, honesty is the name of the game.


“Shawn!” my mother shouts, breaking me out of my trance.

“AH!”

My mother shakes her head in dismay. “Please, try to keep calm, okay?”

“Uh, okay?” I whispered nervously.

Tears appear my mother’s face again. Okay, tears. My body is totally ready for this!

“Until they find a cure, they are planning to eradicate all the ponies because some people perceive it as a “disease.”

The room becomes silent again. Everyone, even Dante, graced a ghastly expression.

“Uh, who are 'they?' I squeaked, wanting to know who I am dealing with.

“The united nations.”

I gaped in astonishment, standing still. After hearing these lurid revelations, I felt like I just been shot in my chest. Well, looks like my body was not ready.

Faint
\

“Hey mom, Shawn didn’t react calmly! As a punishment, I get my bed back!”

Author's Note:

Happy new years everypony! -shoots firecracker-. Hehe, we survived another year. In your mouth, Mayans! Anyways, this chapter is when the climax of the story hits. It's short because it's going to set up the tone of the next few chapters (which will be very long). Another thing I want to address, this will not be a conversion bereau type of fic. No offense to anypony who likes those stories, but I don't want the direction of this story to go that way. Hell, I'm just being candor with my author notes. Anyways. Shouts out to Samaru163 who made the cover art to my story. Seriously, give that guy some recognition.