• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 13,167 Views, 439 Comments

Pony bound - Shortcourt



Losing your innate body isn't as easy as it seems, especially on earth.

  • ...
25
 439
 13,167

Three diff sides

1 hour later Kaise POV

Oh man, it’s raining bullets outside. When I mean it’s pourin… it’s POURIN! It started like a half hour ago and it’s getting even stronger. I’m not gonna front, but when I first heard that thunder, I got scared as hell, man. It literally knocked me off my bed. Shit was so cray I had to move my bed closer towards my closet.

Well, I don’t even care anymore. It just reminds me that the spring is coming up, which is the best time of the year in my opinion. Personally, I’m cool with the rain. It scared me, but it’s whatever. It’s still worth it though, feel me? The rain is perfect when you can just lay down and cuddle with your bae... which I’m doing right now.

I started hugging a bag of Doritos I pulled off my dresser. Word to everything... I really love these chips. Sad but true; it shows how lonely I am. The only thing snacks have the upper hand in relationships is they can never fuck it up! As for sex… well I do eat them every day, right? Haha!

Suddenly, I heard knocking on my door. Hmm, I wonder who that is? It can’t be my Dad or his ‘girlfriend’ because they just barge in without asking me. I yawned and got off the bed, walking towards the door. When I unlocked it, an extremely wet Shawn was facing me. When I mean wet, I mean wet as soaking from a rain or shower… not wet like that.

“Hey Kaise…” the yellow pony muttered. He was so wet his eyes were covered with fur, looking like some sort of shaggy pony hybrid.

“What’s popping? Why are you in the rain like that, dude?”

“I don’t know,” he said dully.

I rolled my eyes. “Shawn… it would be smart to not do dumb shit once in awhile. Just come inside… ” He smartly listened to my orders and went inside, walking towards my bed. This kid is on some next shit right now. Who’s foolish enough to come outside in this weather? I levitated a towel towards Shawn and wrapped it around his body. He ignored the towel and took to shaking himself dry, causing my floor to become even wetter than before. “Ayoooo! You deadass right now?” I yelled.

“Sorry, I wasn’t thinking,” she said, now halfway dry.

Wasn’t thinking, huh? You see, I was using male pronouns out of respect, but fuck it!

I sighed and approached her. “Well, you weren’t thinking when you came to my house in this yee yee ass weather. What are you doing here anyways? Didn’t you have to go to a funereal today?”

She nodded. “Yeah, but it never officially started.”

“Why not?” I asked while raising an eyebrow.

“It’s SUCH a loooong story, dude. I don’t think you would like to-“

“I wouldn’t mind at all,” I said casually, hopping back onto my bed.

“You sure?”

“Yeah, I got nothing better to do anyways. Put me on,” I murmured, patting down on my sheets. Shawn started walking towards my bed, but I quickly halted her. “Woah, where do you think you’re going, kid? You ain’t going on my bed wet! I just patted my sheets because it had some wrinkles.”
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Shawn POV

“And since I was close to your house, I decided to come in,” I finished coldly, looking down at the ground hard. For the past half hour, I was talking to Kaise about the whole funeral experience, which I can say was one of the darkest moments of my life. Death was never my favorite topic, and it still isn’t, but I would have preferred if Uncle Ray actually died instead of being possessed. Now every time I think about that colt or see him, I’m reminded that he is gone because of some stupid shot.

Kaise decided to break the silence. “Damn Shawn… you got me feeling… some type of way.”

“Don’t feel anyway, Kaise. It’s not your fault…” I tried to re-assure.

“Yeah, but your family is really grimey for that. And what happened at the funereal is kinda... retarded ”

“Tell me about it,” I chuckled to lighten the mood, even though I was wiping the excess tears from my eyes. Man, It’s not that I was crying, it was just that I was staring at the ground so long my eyes started to water. I didn’t feel like wiping them off cause I was too engrossed in my explaining. “Wait, what do you mean it’s retarded?”

“How he played dead for a week and no one found out? How did he play dead anyway if he wasn’t breathing? That’s a TKO right there!”

“I have no idea,” I answered with candor. That’s a good question though. I want to know how they proclaimed him DOA (Dead on arrival) when that obviously wasn’t the case. Maybe the alien’s don’t breathe through their lungs or something?

“Well, it sounds crazy to me. It makes your parents more shitty for hiding it.”

My ears clicked in agreement.“I know right? I don’t think I’m ever going home since they think I’m not ‘worthy’ enough to know about shit like this.”

Her eyes widened before she shook her head in protest. “Nah, you wildin. Look, he isn’t actually dead, so you shouldn’t be so-“

“That’s the point though! They had me believe that he was dead the whole time when he really wasn’t! I didn’t even know he turned into a pony!” I tried to explain, my voice naturally getting louder. “I-If they told me the story I bet I would have figured out he wasn’t in that body.”

Kaise deadpanned. “That’s how you feel?”

“Yes.”

She began to stare at me intently, scrutinizing every motion I made. What the hell? Is she trying to interrogate me by using methods from LA Noire. “Bullshit.”

I raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean? Are you trying to say that-”

“Hey hey hey! Don’t get loud, ight?”

“Geez, I wasn’t going to even get loud,” I muttered, rolling my eyes.

Kaise returned the childish gesture. “But on some real, I doubt you would find out. Your parents told you about it the very first day, right? You ain’t know about the aliens till the third something day, which means you still would have been confused.”
I irritatedly slapped my forehead, sliding my hoof down my face slowly. People are always questioning me when they already know the answers. “I still would have known something was wrong, because he was acting strange!”

Kaise nodded indifferently, her eyes growing bored. “So, your first thought would be aliens took over your uncle’s body just cuz he was moving funny?”

My right eye twitched. “Uhhhhh…” Alright, I have to admit she trapped me with that one. I was not aware of the alien’s presence at the time, and since I lived such a regular lifestyle where I never entertained any extraordinary ideas, I would have probably thought he was drunk. No, he wasn’t an inveterate drinker, but he sure knows how to get low when he’s depressed.

Sweat ran down my forehead. “Dude, I wasn’t mentally stable that day! You don’t know what my reaction would be if they told me the story!” I lied.

“Goddamn retard...” Kaise said under her breath.

“Who are you talking to?”

“Souja boy... YOUUUU!”

I cringed. “Why are you defending them instead of me?”

“I ain’t defending them nor you. They retarded for hiding it, and you retarded for running. What would that prove besides letting people know you could be a track star, huh? You could have dealt with it better!”

Even though my face appeared offended, deep down inside I know Kaise is totally in the right for staying neutral. Sure, I still think my parents are assholes but I could have reacted less primitively. And my reasons to be super angry are kind of… stupid. Man, I never knew Kaise could be so polemical… more than I could be if I do say. She sounds lik Dr.Phl right now. Has Kaise taken my place as the reasonable one? At this point, I have no reason to deny.

I released a defeated sigh. “You right, Kaise. I still hate what they did, but I guess running wasn’t the best option, right? If knowing was half the battle, then I guess I lost...”

“Exactly! Running from your problems make you look like a PUSSY! Are you pussy?”

My eyes flared with determination. “Hell NO!”

Before I can respond, an earsplitting thunder strike purged its way in my ears, which was enough to make my fur stand up. Yeah... I’m definitely not going out in that weather. “I can’t… it’s raining outside.”

“That’s what pussies say,” she retorted.

“But pussies also get wet, and I’ll get wet from the rain. Do you want that to happen?” I asked firmly, my brows threatening to furrow. Hey, that was a pretty good comeback.

“Ugh… fine.”

We sat in complete silence for the next few seconds. I don’t know what Kaise was doing, but I was pondering what to say next. It’s really awkward when you’re supposed to leave but technical difficulties keep you back. I guess we can talk about what happened the past half hour. In fact, I could show some gratitude…

“Uh… thanks by the way.”

“For what?” Kaise asked, her tone implying genuine confusion.

“What do you mean why? For being there for me this past hour, dummy!”

“Oh. Psh, man, you already know wassup. I’m always there for my blood brother… or should I say sister?”

I shrugged. “Does it matter? As long as we’re siblings.”

“Word.”

I don’t know why, but I embraced Kaise into an unexpected hug. I was expecting Kaise to pull me off since she’s not usually fond of that ‘sweet shit’, but those thoughts died down when I felt Kaise hooves wrap around my waist.I have to admit, it feels… like the g-word. Not gay, but good. I actually think I needed a hug all along.

We eventually broke the afectionate hold and looked each other in the eyes. My blank look transformed into one of disgust. “You’re such a fag!” I said jokingly. However, it surprised me when Kaise didn’t say it with me and settled on gazing at me. The hell? That became routine for us every time we do something unmanly. It’s like a running gag in our friendship. “What?"

“We don’t have to do that anymore, derelick.”

I paused. Kaise is really earnest about this female stuff, huh? “…I guess so. In all seriousness though, you’re a great friend.”

“I try I try,” she said arrogantly, shrugging animatedly.

“Shut up!” I punched her on the shoulder playfully. “But yeah, I can’t wait till I get home and do what I’ve been waiting to do.”

“What?”

“Kill that alien.” Kaise gave me a look that read ‘are you serious’ and slapped me on the back of my head. “Ouch! Why’d you do that for?”

“Because clapping him ain’t gonna solve nothing! Did you forget that he won’t die like that? What have you been smoking?!”

I was practically dodging spit coming from Kaise’s mouth due to her brash delivery. I cringed and pushed her back a little, drawing more distance between us. “But there is no other way to get him out!”

“Trust me, there has to be a way to get him out. There is a solution to everything, right?”

“There is no solution for cancer…” I refuted hastily.

“Psh, yes there is. The government just doesn’t want to let anyone know about it because they want everyone to die from cancer.”

“Nah, I have to disagree with you there,” I muttered, shifting my eyes towards the window. “If the government wanted everyone dead they would have found a quicker and more diffusible way, like poisoning everyone's food supply or making crystal meth legal. I don’t know if you know this, but cancer isn’t affecting the human population that severely.”

Kaise lethargically waved a hoof. “Whatever! Since you gonna be locked in here for awhile, why don’t we do some research? If we find a way to free your uncle, not only can we kill the alien fo real, but we can save the world!”

“What do you mean?” I asked as my ears slumped.

Kaise leaned against my shoulder and wrapped her hoof around my neck. “The aliens ain’t much of a threat… till they become humans. If people knows how to free the humans, they can single handingly murk them they selves and voila! Then we don’t have to deal with no more bullshit!” she exclaimed while hoof pumping.

Hmm, I like that idea. Kaise is onto something I see. There is just one problem that’s been disregarded too much for my liking... “How about turning all ponies back into humans? That’s still another problem.”

Kaise frowned. “That’s like a different problem, man! What’s more important is wiping out these punk ass aliens. What do they call themselves again? Mandingos?”

“No, Vendingos…” I murmured, my cheeks flushing for some awkward reason.

“Wow, what a bad ass name,” she said sarcastically. “But yeah, we tryna go for the Vendolocaust! VENDOLOCAUST! ” she hollered.

“Alright alright!” I grunted while holding up my hooves up, coaxing Kaise to calm down. “You need to stop with those outbursts, seriously.”

"Would you rather talk so low not even a cricket can hear you or talk so loud that you can wake up China?"

"Why would you wake up china?" I asked quizzically.

"Because this Chinese delivery guy still owes me money! That bitch!"



…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Katie Pov (4 hours)

I never been the one to be lost…. But what the fuck is going on? One thing led to another today. Shawn found out an alien wasn’t alive, which then escalated into Dante and I consoling the so called alien in Dante’s room.

Yes, that’s right: The alien is in our house. I tried to object the idea at first, but Mom was being stubborn as hell like always. I didn’t even bother arguing with her. To be honest, I think there is something wrong with her head. Keeping the reasons of Uncle Ray’s so-called ‘death’ hidden? I didn’t even know why Uncle Ray ‘died’ either, so I was just as shocked as Shawn. Not as angry, but shocked nonetheless.

I don’t know, maybe if the events at the funeral wasn’t such a blur I’d be more upset. Things went by sooo quick! Now I’m here trying to talk to some extra terristial child while I could’ve been in my room sleeping!

I actually was sleeping at first, but Dante’s stupid ass woke me up because he didn’t know how to ‘talk to children’. Sad how I’m only 14 and know how to talk to little kids better than anyone in the house.

“Katie?” A docile voice piped in, cutting my thoughts off.

My eyes rolled up my head for a second in irritation. I still regret giving him my name because he calls that damn name every second! “Yes?” I said, trying to sound gentle.

“If I do find a way to get out of your uncle’s body, can I stay here?” he asked softly, his cherubic features accentuating due to his innocent expression. Oh my god, he’s so adorable! How do I break it to him without seeming harsh?

“I don’t thi-“

“No you can’t because Shawn will kill you,” Dante injected calmly whilst flipping through some random magazine he found on the floor.

“Who’s Shawn?” he asked.

“That yellow pony that was trying to kill you,” Dante answered again.

“K-Kill me? I don’t want to die!” His lower lip started to quiver.

I placed him in a comforting hold. “There there there… you won’t die,” I cooed while picking at his mane with my fingers, trying to soothe his nerves. I shot a quick glare at Dante, letting him know his direct answers aren’t helping at all.

“But I want to! I don’t want to go back… there! I didn’t know what they were doing was evil! I just got put in that needle and-“

“Hold up,” I broke in,”where exactly is this place you refer to as there?”

“I don’t know, it was some factory. But yeah, I didn’t know it was gonna be evil! If I knew how to leave this body I would, but I don’t!”
My eyes narrowed. Damn, he doesn’t even know the location! If I let him stay in the house he better have the right information to give. “Um… I don’t know.”

“Pleaseeee Kaite?” he implored while tackling my chest. Ouch… that hurts! Next thing I knew he looked at me and pulled out the classic puppy dog eyes trump card.

Hah. I may like cute stuff but I’m immune to that; it’s not gonna change my way of thinking. “Sorry kid, but no means no. Shawn wouldn’t approve of you.” I mean, it’s nice to know he wants to change his ways early in his life, but the house is a dead area. No no no, not today or tomorrow.

Still, I don’t want him to return to his ‘base’ or whatever, because his whole ‘turning over a new leaf’ plan would be futile. Maybe one of our cousins can hide him?

“You’re no fun!” he pouted while turning his head away.

My smile vanished as guilt started crawling on my flesh. Aww, how can I explain this to him without seeming straight forward like Dante or ‘no fun’. I took a deep breath before beginning, “Look kid, I have a better idea. How about you-“

Suddenly, I heard knocking on the door. Man, I really hate when I’m talking and that happens. “Dante, can you go get it please?”

“No,” he said bluntly.

I flipped him off and got off the bed, marching angrily towards the door. When the knocking got louder, I robustly yanked it open.

“What?!” I barked at… the air. Hey, is this some type of prank? How come I don’t see anybody?

I bent my head towards the ground and saw two ponies. A yellow earth pony and a white as a cloud unicorn to be precise.

“Hey Katie,” Shawn greeted.

“Hey baby…” Kaise said in a sultry voice, which creeped me out to say the least. I mean, when Kaise was a human saying it I was pretty cool with it, but now? Eughhhhh.

I grimaced and nervously waved at them. “Hi guys... what are you doing here?”

Shawn deadpanned. “You know why we are here...”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Author's Note:

This chapter was pretty slow and otherwise absent from excitement, but it just means the alien story line is nearing it's end,. I would have uploaded this chapter sooner but I was on vacation and only had mobile internet, so sorry for the wait. I'm going to try and work quicker for the rest of the summer to make up for the lack of chapters.