• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 1,595 Views, 20 Comments

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year - DerpyMuffins15



Everyone celebrates Hearth's Warming Eve. Everyone. Even if you think you're getting too old, it's always good to have company around the holidays. No one should be alone, especially when they are in need of a friend the most.

  • ...
4
 20
 1,595

Presents, Presents, Presents!

12 slices of pizza, 11 ounces of eggnog, 10 appletinis, 9 bags of chips, 8 shots of whiskey, 7 avocado sandwiches, 6 vanilla pies, and 5 Red Bullllllls! 4 Christmas specials, 3 bails of hay fries, 2 ghost left, and 1 triple deluxe extra chocolate whipped cream sundaeeeeeeee!

Vinyl’s special concoction of pure Hearth’s Warming essence. Some may argue this was likely someone’s bucket list. For Vinyl, it was Nightquil. Well, most of the list were things Vinyl would use as sleep medicine. The two ghost part didn’t exactly sit well inside as butterflies swirled and had death battles with each other.

Already finished with half the list, Vinyl blankly stared at a television screen, watching something about a green pony stealing Hearth’s Warming. It was almost heart warming if Vinyl could only focus on it instead of the coming ghost that were supposed to haunt her roommate.

“So you steal all the presents and then give them back? What’s the point of stealing them in the first place then?”

Vinyl asked the timeless question that no one seems to bother to answer. On her final Red Bull, Vinyl drank the yellowish substance till nothing was left but an empty can. Her once alabaster fur coat was now covered in grease, chocolate, and some mysterious brown stuff.

She looked to the clock in the room, dreading when it would turn the next hour. Three minutes from 11:00. Another ghost was going to visit her, most likely to show more of what she already knows; Octavia never truly had a Hearth’s Warming. Quiet snores reverberated within a bedroom closeby, emitted by a drugged marefriend.

“What was I thinking? Roofies?! Stupid, stupid, stupid!” Hoofprints stamped onto her forehead, Vinyl sighed heavily, recounting her thoughts of the worst mistake she made yet.

“Thou weren’t thinking. Thou were trying to get thy lover to have hot sex with you.”

Practically having to ripped her bloodshot eyes away from the T.V, Vinyl stared to her left, only to face a medium sized navy blue alicorn. It was almost as if the ghost of the past grew into the ghost of the present. ‘Oh!’

“Hey! What do you mean hot sex?”

“Thou knoweth what We meaneth.”

“Hey Shakespeare, this is the 21st century. Not the dark ages.”

“Would thou rather We talk like a ‘pimp’?”

“Ye- Actually, on second thought, never mind. Let’s just get this over with.”

“Nay Miss Scratch. I’m afraid you must be punished first.”

“Punished?”

“We suggest thou refrain from sticking thy head in the gutter.”

“So, no punishment?”

“Miss Scratch, thou have been convicted of giving an underage foal alcohol. Do thou deny these charges?

“In my defense, that filly stole my Red Bull.”

“And in thine actions, thee didn’t attempt to stop her.”

“Oh, yea... Sorry?”

“Tis not I thou needeth apologize toth. When We three converge again, I expect it to be dealteth with.”

“Do you need to say ‘eth’ in every other world?”

“Let-eth us-eth depart-eth then-eth!”

Igniting her horn in Lunar mana, everything melted away like before, this time Vinyl was lucky enough to have her couch join their journey. Haunches style, Vinyl looked down to the transparent ground.

The land down under, a minty unicorn along with a vanilla earth pony snuggled warmly around a lit fireplace, next to them a decorated pine tree that dimly lit with decoration and ornaments. Candy canes, stockings, and even note cards were use for adoration.

Lyra and Bon Bon slept together, hoof in hoof, awaiting the night’s completion and for the best day of the morrow: Hearth’s Warming. Presents were littered all over under the tree, each with a tag.

Wrapping Lyra with her larger body, Bon Bon groggily nuzzled her marefriend, planting gently kisses and pecks accurately without having the need to open her eyes. Lyra, the receiver, returned the favor as best she could and finally locked lips with her vanilla lover.

“They sure do make a cute pair.” Vinyl analyzed.

“Indeed they do. Shame you cannot do the same.”

“What’s that suppose to mean?”

“I am the Ghost of Christmas present, not just the real present, but possible presents of presents.”

“In Equestrian Shakespeare?”

“I believe thou mean modern Equestrian. To an intelligence capacity thy miniscule noesis may perceive, I hold the magical powers to view into possible presents that could have happened.”

“Are you calling me stupid?”

“Rhetorical question, answer it yourself. Come!”

Her horn lit a cobalt blue, the scenery whooshing past like hyperspeed. Vinyl thanked that she was still sitting on the couch as the imaginary G-force pushed her eyelids back and mouth gaping open.

Coming to an all too sudden stop, Vinyl flew a good ten meters away and landed face first into the invisible ground. Her face smushed to what seemed to be a polished surface, Vinyl weakly used her limb to pick herself up.

Staring face down, she looked to an exact same room she had previously been lounging in. Instead of a lonely mare eating junk food, a noisy crowd of friends sat around the table and couch, singing carols and drinking eggnog.

All were a bit tipsy, but a cheery time was had by all. The tree in the corner glowed brighter than what Vinyl thought it would have and Lyra returned from the kitchens a bail of popcorn in her magic. Setting the bucket onto the glass table, everypony gathered to the couch.

Octavia and fake-Vinyl sat snugly together, the both holding hooves and the earth pony slight flushing with glee. Fake-Vinyl stuck a hoof to her mouth to try suppressing an oncoming giggle. Failing miserably, the loud chuckles only intensified the burning pink on Octavia cheeks.

All their friends dawww-ed and squeaked, turning to their own dates. Using a free hoof, fake-Vinyl nudged Octavia to look at the ceiling above. Joining her marefriend in fierce brightening colors, fake-Vinyl crept closer to Octavia before she notice. Upon downcasting her vision Octavia met shimmering crimson orbs and Vinyl glossy magenta opaque.

“We’re under mistletoe,” fake-Vinyl whispered gently to her lover. She inched closer and closer until there was barely any distance left between them.

“I love you Vinyl. Happy Hearth’s Warming Eve.”

“Love ya too Tavs.”

The two opposite musicians locked lips, not a lustful and demanding to get more of the other, but a slow, passion filled taste. The both sticking their tongue into the other, the wet muscles wrestled each other for dominance. They continuous lapsed at one another, to lengthen their bond until the need for breath separated the duo.

Octavia breathed short and hot breaths along with fake-Vinyl, a single trail of saliva the last remnants of their love. Octavia wiped the trail with a hoof and pulled her marefriend into a breathing-labored embrace. Fake-Vinyl returned the hug after catching her breath and looked longingly at the mare that always made her happy.

“Happy Hearth’s Warming Eve, Tav. I love you.”

Real-Vinyl stared at the sight with intense jealousy, demanding it be she who was embracing the mare she angered.

“Alright I get it. I ruined Christmas, you don’t have to rub it in my face. Can I go back now?”

Vinyl broke her wanting glare and looked to the present ghost. Luna was gone, as well the couch. Darkness soon evolved everything, sweeping her and the much desired outcome that didn’t come true. Vinyl found herself awake on the couch, a pizza stuck to her coat and the T.V still on.

“I’m sorry Tavia.”

Author's Note:

Honestly, I whipped this up in about 3 hours. Hope you guys enjoy!