• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 1,595 Views, 20 Comments

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year - DerpyMuffins15



Everyone celebrates Hearth's Warming Eve. Everyone. Even if you think you're getting too old, it's always good to have company around the holidays. No one should be alone, especially when they are in need of a friend the most.

  • ...
4
 20
 1,595

The DJ Who Ruined Christmas

“Come on Tavia! It’s Hearth's Warming Eve! Cheer up, will ya?”

“Then pass me the eggnog and some more champagne. The sooner I’m drunk, the less I’ll remember about this night.”

“Where’s your holiday spirit Tav? I got us a tree and the whole shebang! Even sewed together a carton of popcorn and put on some lights to decorated it and everything.”

“Dead, along with my career.”

“So what if a few ponies didn’t like your holiday concert? It’s their loss!”

“You were the only one that showed up.”

“Okay.... Maybe a few of our friends didn’t get to see you perform, but that doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world!”

“It’s the end of my world.”

Frustration peaking, Vinyl reluctantly gave up. Both she and her marefriend had been at it for the last half hour or so arguing. Try as the DJ might, she couldn’t lighten Octavia’s burden of always being concerned about the public’s gossip on her status as a high class cellist.

“Look, I know you’re only trying to help, but I just want some alone time right now. Alright?”

Octavia gulped the last of a vanilla concentrated champagne from a small dining glass. The creamy white liquor drooled from the corners of Octavia’s bubbly muzzle, as she hungrily downed it to the last drop.

Disappointed her only means of amnesia had dried up, she took the empty bottle with her hooves and gave a gentle toss to an open trash can. Landing a three-pointer, Octavia searched her dining glass to see if any delicious goodness that might have been missed.

Next to her a pony with a blue striped mane breathed a troubled sigh and meticulously rubbed her temples. The unicorn’s magic lighted, her telekinesis lifting a dark pair of purple shades from her baggy eyes and setting them onto the small round table where both mares sat at.

“Tavia-”

“Please Vinyl.”

“But it’s Hearth’s Warming Eve!”

Seeing that the argument wasn’t going anywhere, Octavia gave her marefriend a small love peck on the cheek. Noticing the tough DJ blush, Octavia gave a dry smile and innocent giggle.

“Please?”

If Vinyl had any weakness, it was her uncontrollable desire to say yes to the pony that made her happy. ‘Why does she always have to make that face! She knows I can’t say no when she does it.’ Her light blush turning to a mighty crimson fire, Vinyl occupied herself with an old pizza box as she profusely stared at it. Turning her head away, she avoid Octavia’s attempts.

“So now my own marefriend won’t even look at me?”

Vinyl hated when this happens and by this she meant Octavia twisting her words or making something she did seem offensive. She quickly turned to Octavia, only to see her seemingly upset roommate slyly giggling.

“Since when did you become such a good actress?”

She had to admit, when Octavia was talking it really did sound like she was upset that her own marefriend wouldn’t even look her in the eye. Vinyl kindly let it slide, as the joke provided a means for Octavia to get her mind off of troubles.

“I didn’t. You’re just so gullible.”

“HEY!”

Unimaginable humiliation running rampid, Vinyl grumbled to herself — her blush burning hotter and brighter as the Cellist continue to immerse herself in delighted laughter. To save the pieces of her dignity that survived, the white unicorn abruptly pushed her chair out and left the table.

“Vinyl- T’hahaha- W-wait!”

Octavia quickly got herself out of her chair, left the table and hurried to join an angry Vinyl resting on the couch. As she approached her, she notice the unicorn had her head turned to the taupe wall and was completely ignoring her. Vinyl laid on her underside, taking up much of the room on the couch as to not allow Octavia room to sit.

“Vinyl.”

No answer.

“Vinyl.”

The same results as before.

It was the dreaded silent treatment. Usually Octavia would be the one using it, as the DJ normally did stupid things on a daily basis that would anger her in more ways than not. Without any consideration for personal space she joined Vinyl. Sitting on the edge of a cushion, Octavia tried to get her friend to face her.

“Vinyl.”

Trying again, she stretched for one of Vinyl’s hooves, which the stubborn unicorn wasn’t angry enough to tug away. As they made contact she felt a slight warmth on her cheeks, as well as a welcoming touch that returned her reach. The rowdy DJ accepted holding Octavia’s hoof, but continued to stare at a wall with silence.

“Vinyl. Would you please look at me?”

Extending her only free hoof left, she reached for Vinyl’s chin, nudging her to face the earth pony. No resistant met, Octavia turned her marefriend’s attention and eyes back onto her. The same adorable face she had earlier, Octavia gave Vinyl a loving caress on the cheek and another nip, this time on her nose.

Blushing bright like a bouquet of roses, Vinyl reluctantly gave in and sighed with exempt. She returned the ogle Octavia gave and sat up on her haunches, allowing Octavia more room to sit on.

“Sorry Tavia. Guess I’m not the only one worked up over no one else coming to your recital. I mean don’t get me wrong, I almost fell asleep during one of your octaves or whatever you call them, but I expected at least Lyra or one of your orchestra pals to come too.”

“It’s fine Vinyl. You win some, you lose some, but you can never win them all. I might have been just a bit flat during the third movement.”

“Got that righ- huunnff!”

She received a sharp jab to her ribs, which her other hoof reached to check for bruises. Finding none, Vinyl was now on the receiving end of an angry stare from her roommate, the glare brought with it understandment. It was one of those moments where she had to comfort Octavia by saying she was exactly perfect during her performance and that she was doubting herself for no reason whatsoever. Vinyl was terrible at detecting them when those unexpected moments arrived.

“I mean- ahem- You were great Tav. I can’t wait to listen to your next solo concert.”

“I have another one coming up real soon to be exact. Front row seats as always?”

“Oh... Yay....”

She was jabbed again in her ribs mildly, not enough to hurt but annoyed that it even happened.

“I mean: OH! YAY! Endless joys of a thousand burning suns always fills my undeserving heart whenever I hear your beautiful and unparallel music! I bow down to you goddess of classical music!”

Vinyl got another jab to her ribs, which she was definitely sure had mild bruising.

“Too much?”

“A bit.”

Joining in on Octavia’s giggles Vinyl looked to kitchens where they were previously at. Slightly depleting her mana, Vinyl levitated another bottle of lavish sparkling champagne from Octavia’s wine cabinet along with a cork opener and two dining glasses. Slowing their trajectory, the items settled onto a four corner glass table next to them. Her mind catching a slight headache, she disconnected the magic before it caused further harm.

Seeing her marefriend wincing, Octavia let go of Vinyl’s hoof and took the bottle. Using her mouth instead of the opener, she bit down hard on the cork and pulled it off easily. A clean pop and the champagne fizzled out gushingly onto the carpet. Creating a small mess, Octavia set down the bottle after filling up the two glasses.

“You were always better with your jaw than I was.”

Speechless, Octavia burned with an uncontainable flush; a mixture of pride and embarrassment fueling the swelling pink on her cheeks. Reflexively she reached for her dark grey mane, nervously rubbing the end of it to somewhat control herself and set her mind to different subjects.

Seeing her marefriend brighten up like their Hearth’s Warming Eves tree, Vinyl filled her mind with naughty yet playful thoughts of ways to keep Octavia the way she was. Without notice, she crept behind Octavia and got close. Real close. Catching her off guard, Vinyl fastened Octavia’s arms together with her own, imprisoning her with no hope of possible escape with a sturdy embrace.

“V-Vinyl! What are you doing?!”

“Shhhh-”

Vinyl whispered the words quietly into Octavia’s perked up ears. Being an earth pony, the DJ was absolutely sure Octavia had extra soft and fluffy ones; guaranteed to make anyone carnivorous after just a single bite. Luckily for Vinyl, Octavia was her mare, which meant she got special privileges from time to time.

The DJ leaned forward, inching closer to her scorching mare. The closest she could get without touching Octavia, Vinyl felt the potent heat the mare produced. Octavia’s chest raised and fell in sync with her pounding heart as the sudden heat caused hot sweats to forming on her tidy coat. Her breathing became shallow and unsteady, quickening in pace the longer Vinyl held her.

“The storm outside is gonna be a while, Tav. What do you want to do?”

Vinyl spoke directly into Octavia’s bulging ears, gaining an explicit moan of oohhhhh!

“V-Vinyl... Please.... Don’t make me do it.”

“Do what?”

“D-don’t make me beg!”

Octavia didn’t need to turn around to see it. Behind her, the seducting unicorn was likely grinning her flank off at the cost of further embarrassment for the losing mare. She needed something! Anything! Anything to keep her in control before she lost it.

Unbeknown, her eyes were tightly sealed shut behind black lids. Her head was tilted back while the mare’s ears lowering themselves and neared the unicorn. As her chin raised higher and higher, the messed up fur covering her back arched perfectly and held the position without any trouble.

‘The champagne!’

As quick as Octavia remembered the bubbly drink, she tried to grasp it. Fidgeting, she got a hoof free and hurriedly reached for her salvation. She downed a quarter of the bottle in half the time it took to take a single breath. The cold liquid downed itself as the mare forcefully gulped more and more to sedate her mischievous desires.

“Woah! Tav! Slow down!”

A sudden overburst of magic by the unicorn and the bottle was immediately tugged away. The half empty champagne settle onto the far corner of the glass table, away from any possible reach from Octavia.

“I’ll be*hiccup*fine, Vinyl*hiccup*.”

It was the most obvious lie if Vinyl ever heard one. After spending countless months with her marefriend, she learned one of two things: One, Octavia couldn’t hold her alcohol as well as most earth ponies can. Two, she was an addictive alcoholic.

Freeing Octavia from her embracing bonds, Vinyl returned to her seat next to her. Using a hoof she nudged her so they would face each other. Looking to a pinkish more than a gray pony Vinyl stared with attention to details at Octavia’s drunkening symptoms.

A crinkled nose that twitched mildly was in dead point center of Octavia’s continuous blush. Her head now seemed to bob up and down like she was trying hard not to fall asleep. Before she knew it, Octavia’s ears rang with bells of jolly that weren’t there, as her head filled with a pounding.

“Tav, you sure you’re all right?”

“Yes!*hiccup*.”

“Tav, how much did you drink tonight?”

Octavia hesitantly held up one hoof.

“One bottle?”

Octavia shook her head and concentrated deeply, trying to blink off something in her on her mind.

“One*hiccup*case.”

“C-case?!”

Octavia gaved a delay nod.

Drowsy eyes started to settle onto Octavia, as she let her arms hang limb. Yawning groggily, she rest her head on Vinyl’s shoulders, knowing her roommate would catch her. With her eyes sealed shut Octavia’s chest slowed in pace and speed — the mare’s breathing calming to a steady.

“Why am I*yawn*so sleeeepy?”

“Hehehe......”

Vinyl chuckled faintly and nervously rubbed the back of her head with a hoof.

“I might have slipped some sleeping medicine into the champagne.....”

“Whaaaaaaaaat?!”

Octavia could no longer feel her limbs, just non-responsive legs that she knew was there, asleep like most of her body.

“Or roofies.... I don’t know.... Maybe both.....”

“Vinnnyl!”

“Hey, you said you wanted to forget about tonight!”

Vinyl argued her weak defense as Octavia tried to break the embrace the DJ held on her.

“I didn’t mean it literally! It’s Hearth’s Warming Eve! Why would I want to forget it?!”

Anger slowly fighting the effects of the drugs, Octavia forced her eyes opened and stared a disappointed glare to Vinyl.

“Oh.... My bad?”

“Great, another Hearth’s Warming Eve ruined!”

Forcefully pushing Vinyl away, Octavia got herself on unbalanced hooves and lazily walked to her room, slamming shut the door loudly. The sounds of locks clicking and Vinyl was left alone on the couch.

“Another? This was our first Hearth’s Warming Eve though....”

Author's Note:

DerpyMuffins here! Since it's Christmas I stupidly decided to wait after giving my editor the holiday off to show her this. So, I'm without another set of eyes, freelancing basically. With this I'll be experimenting with some new writing styles and such. If you got any criticism for a learning writing, don't be afraid to tell.

Happy holidays!