• Published 27th Dec 2012
  • 2,362 Views, 49 Comments

The MMDW: A symbiote in Equestria - Comet Burst



Venom comes to Equestria and meets his new enemy, the Mysterious Mare Do Well.

  • ...
4
 49
 2,362

Venom

I spent the night trying unsuccessfully to track the monster. I started by where the body was recovered, but found there was little evidence left. The body was now in the possession of the Royal Guard, as well as the material he was covered in. I spread out all over Manehatten, checking my known criminal hide outs. Each one only turned up several thugs and empty leads. Finally, I was standing on the corner of an apartment buildings roof, just waiting for anything to happen.

It was a little warm tonight, making my costume uncomfortable. The mask had gotten wet and sticky in the front, making it stick to my muzzle and forehead. A slight breeze picked up and I relaxed a little. I was unusually tense, like I had been when I had taken down Gang Green, the largest drug runner in the city. It wasn't easy tracking him down, but when the Royal Guard began a raid on his compound, I was able to catch him as he tried to run. Him and his bodyguards were tough, but not tough enough. I caught him and left him inside a prison cell in the Royal Guards headquarters.

Without reacting, I felt my cape tighten horribly around my neck and I was yanked backwards. I flew back and slammed into the roof behind the apartment. Dazed, I shakily pulled myself up when I received a powerful kick to my side, knocking the wind out of me and forcing me back down. I rolled over onto my back as a figure of pitch black leapt on top of me. I had seen this before. A shriek from a mouth filled with needles confirmed who it was. The horribly blotchy white eyes of the monster met mine and I felt the pull of magic in my stomach.

A pipe from the roof flew over and smashed into the monsters face. His head snapped to the right and I kicked with my hind legs, pushing him off. I scrambled up and turned to face him and found a row of teeth in my face. I instinctively leaped to the side a millisecond before I heard the teeth snap shut. I dodged another bite and he pursued, chasing me around the rooftop. Finally, he made a mistake by biting in the wrong direction and I tackled him. The monster was thick and muscular, but he did get thrown back by my hit. He stumbled back and shook his head. I charged and he roared at me. We collided and both of us tumbled off the roof.

His teeth flashed all around as we fell, trying still to bite me. I kicked and spun in midair, hoping to knock him away. Instead, my cape slowed my descent, allowing me to watch him hit the ground first. I had only half a second, but I managed to get my hooves down and slammed them into his head and ribs as I landed on top of him. I pulled back my forehooves and readied a second hit when his incredible strength threw me back into a wall. I was not expecting that and my head smacked against the wall. I blacked out for two seconds, but it was enough for him to close the distance and to shove a hoof into my neck. I felt tendrils wrap around my windpipe and he began to squeeze.

I struggled against his grip as I felt the lack of air affect me immediately. I tried to pry his hoof away, but he was inponyly strong. He pushed me up against the wall and for the first time, I noticed he was smiling. "You-- you--" I managed to choke out and his grip tightened. "No, do not speak. Save your strength." a deep and crawling voice responded. My eyes were tearing up, but I was fairly sure the monster was talking to me. "Who--?" I rasped again and it responded "Venom. In my other life, I was known as Venom. Call me Venom. CALL ME VENOM!" he screamed at me.

He threw me into a trash can violently and let go of my neck. I took a breath and kicked at his rear leg, listening to a satisfying snapping noise and the monster Venom cried out in pain. I was still catching my breath, but I managed to force myself to grab another trash can with magic and slammed it hard into him, dazing him. I jumped to my hooves and charged him, delivering both of my rear legs to his face. He flew back into the opposite wall, but almost immediately jumped back at me with his teeth bared. I steadied myself, still out of breath, and I felt my magic activate again. A large dumpster freight trained Venom and smashed him into the wall again.

I held it there and felt his enormous strength struggle to break my magic. I gasped heavily a few times and said "What.... what are you?" He roared angrily in response and struggled harder, but I pushed back with my magic. "I said 'What are you?" I repeated in my meanest tone. He slowed his struggling and said "You are strong. You would make a fine host." I glared at him through my mask and he continued "You smell... delicious. You are stronger than the others. You will be my host." He grinned at me and I gave him a mean look. I didn't understand anything he said, but he had distracted me enough to push back the dumpster and break my magical grip. He hefted it and brought it down at me, but I reflexively jumped back, barely avoiding being crushed.

I leaped onto the dumpster, but he was long gone. All I heard was the familiar shriek echo down the alley we were fighting in and I scanned the area. He wasn't anywhere near here and he didn't use his wings to escape, so the most logical option was he ran. I didn't chase, but my head swirled with questions. What did he mean by host? How was he still standing? How did he lift the dumpster without magic?

My head swam as I staggered over to the wall. My legs were weak and tired and I realized I was gasping for air. I also wondered how I got down from the dumpster when a loud voice shouted "Halt!" I heard the flapping of wings and the clatter of hooves on the pavement and I took off running after making my smoke cloud. I didn't stop even though the voice shouted for me to halt again and I bounded up the side of one of the buildings, beelineing for my apartment. It wouldn't be safe returning there, but it was my only refuge. As I ran, I heard the monster Venom's words echo in my ears. What did he mean by me being his next host? How was he so strong? Why did he attack me?

Back in the alley, Princess Luna coughed as some of the dust made by the pony still swirled around her. She had only seen her for a couple seconds, but was clearly able to make out a purple cape and a matching hat. Not much use for her, but maybe the Royal Guard could identify the pony. Several of them came bounding into the alley ready to fight, but were surprised by the battle scars the buildings had suffered. Luna walked around slowly, noting different things like the residue of magic in the different items, claw and teeth marks and even something more odd. "Sergent, what is this?" she asked as she lifted her hoof. Something black and sticky clung to her hoof and the soldier responded "I've seen that before. It was covering a body we recovered earlier today. An indigo pegasus."