• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 3,561 Views, 76 Comments

Stealing a Heart of Gold - Silentpegasus



A battle scared pegasus police officer get's transferred from the crime ridden streets of Manehattan to the small town of Ponyville.

  • ...
14
 76
 3,561

Chapter 13

Chapter 13.

Shield spent the next two months recovering in the hospital, Rarity and the others gave him daily visits. Comet would come by and drop off some paper work that needed to get done, Gizmo put himself in for a transfer and was now the evidence overseer for the Ponyville police department, his visit’s would usually be accompanied by Twilight. Even though they denied it every-pony knew they were a couple. When he got his discharge papers his friends were there to walk him out, it was nearly 6:00pm and the sun was just about to set.

“Man it feels good to be out of there.” he said as he stretched his wings.

“I can well imagine dear.” Rarity said with a smile.

“So what are you going to do now?” Rainbow asked as she trotted up next to him.

“I don’t know, I guess-” he was stopped by a familiar grey pegasus mail mare.”

“I’ve got a letter for you.” she said as she withdrew a golden envelope. Shield gave the mare a tip and she hurried off. The dark stallion opened the letter and his eyes skimmed the message. His jaw dropped at the contents.

“What is it?” Comet asked. Shield handed her the letter and she began to read it aloud.

Dear, Shinning Shield.

As a reward for your outstanding police achievements and acts of true valor. I here by award you the Shield of Honor, our highest award. It is only a small token of our appreciation for your time and sacrifice you have given to the law. The award ceremony will be held in Canterlot on the seventeenth of the month, inside are ticket’s for you and a plus one. Your partner has also received ticket’s. I, my sister and Princess Cadence will be in attendance and present the award to you. Formal attire is required.

Sincerely,
Princess Celestia.

The other ponies were in shock at the message. Shield stood still, his mind was drawing a blank. Rainbow slapped him on the back with her hoof.

“Awesome!”

“RAINBOW! STILL INJURED HERE!” he yelled in pain.

“Oops, sorry.” she said as she gave him a sheepish grin. Rarity gave her an icy glare and put her hoof on her colt friends back and began to rub it. Shield let out a relaxed sigh at the motion.

“Y’KNOW WHAT THIS CALLS FOR? A PARTY!” Pinkie yelled in excitement, she then galloped off towards Ponyville. Shield shook his head and gave a small laugh.

“No getting around it I suppose.” he said to his mare friend.

“I’m afraid not.” Rarity said with a smile.

“Might as well accept it.” he said as he continued to trot through town, Suddenly the CMC and Shady galloped up to him with smiles on their faces.

“Shield! You’re okay!” they said as they hugged him tightly. Their grip caused some slight pain but Shield powered through and threw on a smile.

“Y-yeah. How are you guys doing?” he asked as they broke the death grip.

“We’re fine.” Scootaloo answered. Comet then handed Shield a file containing Shady’s pictures

“Oh right Shady I have those pictures from your camera, I’ll hold on to the ones involving the case okay?”

“Sure...Can I please have the rest?” he said as his face turned red.

“Yeah, her you- GAH!” a wave of pain went through his arm as he dropped the photo’s spilling them on the ground for all to see. Sweetie Belle noticed that some of them were of her.

“Shady? Why do you have pictures of me?” Sweetie Belle asked as she looked at the blue colt who had a bright red blush on his face.

“Shady had to do a beauty segment for the Foal Free Press.” Shield interjected. “Right Shady?”

“I-I always thought you could be a model.” Shady said as he and Sweetie started to blush.

“Oh....well. Thanks Shady....you’re not so bad yourself.” she said as she adverted her gaze. “Well..I gotta go. Maybe I’ll see you later? At the party, around seven?” Shady’s eyes shrank and his face turned crimson and nodded his head slowly. “Great it’s a date!” she said as she gave him a quick peck on the cheek and then ran away giggling to herself with Applebloom and Scootaloo following close behind. Rarity’s face was in shock at what just happened. Shady was frozen on the spot and his eye began to twitch.

“I think your sister just broke him.” Shield then tapped Shady on the head snapping him out of the trance.

“Wh-what happened?”

“You just scored a date with my mare-friends sister.” Shield said with a smile.

“What!”

“I suggest you better freshen up, the date’s at seven. It’s terribly rude to be late on a first date.” Rarity said with a smile.

“R-right, I’d better go!” he said as he picked up the pictures and hurried back to his house. Shield began to chuckle at the thought. Rarity then looked at him with a sly smile.

“You know, we never got to finish our date properly.”

“Yeah...sorry about that.” he said as he scratched his mane.

“Well you’ll have to make that up to me somehow.” she said in an innocent voice.

“I’m sure I can think of something.” he said as he gave her a quick kiss.

“Ugh! Will you two please get a room.” Rainbow said while making a gagging gesture with her hoof. Rarity rolled her eyes and the group made their way to sugar cube corner where a mass of ponies had gathered. The ponies began to clap for him as he entered. Colgate trotted up to him and wrapped him in a teary hug.

“Thank you!” Shield returned the hug and smiled.

“No problem.....How are you holding up?”

“I’m better..thanks to you.” she said as she broke the hug. She then turned to Rarity. “Hey listen...about what I said the other night...I’m sorry.”

“Think nothing of it dear. Water under the bridge and all that.” Rarity said as she gave the blue unicorn a hug.

“Thanks Rarity.” she said with a smile. Shield and the others grabbed a table and began to relax. Shield looked over to see Sweetie Belle and Shady who were sharing a milkshake. He tapped Rarity on the shoulder and pointed over to their table Rarity let out a small giggle at her sister. Shield got to his hooves and made his way over to Gizmo and Twilight’s table and began to chat with them. Rarity tapped Applejack on the shoulder and moved her head next to the mares ear.

“What’s up hun?”

“I need a favor.” AJ put her head closer and Rarity whispered her plan to her friend.

“Uh-huh......Ah see.......Sure no problem.”

“Thank you Applejack, you’re a real friend.”

“Don’t worry about it hun. You have yourself a good time.” she said with a wink. Across the room Shield had taken a seat next to Twilight and Gizmo.

“Hey you two, what’s happening?” he said with a grin.

“Nothing much, just discussing the award ceremony.” Twilight said.

“You got an invite?”

“Yeah, I am Princess Celestia’s private pupil after all.” she said with a smile. “And I managed to persuade her to allow me to bring the rest of my friends.” she said as she grinned at Gizmo.

“Nice it’ll be nice to have some friendly faces there....Think you could score a few more tickets for the CMC and Shady?”

“No problem. I just need to write a letter and Spike will send it.”

“Thanks. I’d have a feeling that they’d be disappointed if they missed it.” he said with a smile. He then noticed Spike who had a sour look on his face. “Hey Spike can I talk to you for a second?”

“Sure.” he said in a grumble, the two walked outside for some privacy.

“I know that you like Rarity and-”

“I know you want me to leave her alone right?” he said as he rolled her eyes.

“No, not exactly.” he said in a calm tone.

“What do you mean?” the dragon asked in confusion.

“I have a dangerous job, everyday I risk my life to ensure the safety of those who can’t defend themselves. There may come a day when I don’t come back, if that happens...I want you to look after Rarity and Sweetie Belle for me. Can you do that?” Spike looked at the stallion in shock.

“Yeah. You can count on me!” he said as he gave the stallion a salute.

“Thanks, and don’t tell Rarity about this. It’ll just upset her.” he said as the two walked back inside. The party was coming to a close and he trotted over back to his friends table, he noticed that a certain white mare was missing. “Hey where did Rarity go?”

“She had to head home for something.” AJ said. “Maybe you should go after her I’ll take care of Sweetie for you.” she said with a smile.

“Thanks AJ. See you guys later.” he said as he left the party and took hurried back to Carousel Boutique. As he made his way inside he saw that there was a light coming from the upstairs.

“Rarity? You in here?” he called out.

“Yes darling, could you lend me a hoof with something?” she said in a pleading tone. Shield did as he was asked and made his way upstairs, there was a sweet scent in the air. He opened the door to her room to see her sprawled out on the bed with her hair down and her front hooves handcuffed to the bed, she had a lustful look in her eyes. “I was playing around with these hoof cuff and I accidentally locked myself to the bed post. Could you be a dear and get he key?” she said in an innocent voice. Shield trotted over to her with the key in hoof and had a smug grin on his face.

“Well what do I get if I let you go?” he said in a playful tone.

“I’ll show you.” she said as he crawled on top of her, Rarity wrapped her back hooves around his body and flipped him down onto the bed, she then hand cuffed the dark stallion to the bed. Rarity straddled herself on the stallions chest and looked down at the stallion and licked her lips. “Some times you can be as dumb as a rock.” she said with a sly smile, she pressed her lips against his. Shield was working his tongue inside of the mare’s mouth keeping her distracted as he snuck the spare key into the lock. He grabbed the mare's shoulders and slammed her back onto the bed with their lips still touching. Rarity looked at him in surprise and started to pant heavily as he broke the kiss.

“More like a sly fox.” he said with a grin on his face.

“Oh just shut up and buck me!” she said as she pulled the stallion closer to her and locked him in a passionate kiss.