• Published 20th Dec 2012
  • 2,073 Views, 43 Comments

Kingdom Heart next generation: Friendship is Omniversal - Starry Eyed



A story meant for bronies who love Kingdom Hearts, Anime, or good stories. This story does not require any knowledge of anime to enjoy, but you may want to know the basics of Kingdom Hearts (only the bare basics).

  • ...
13
 43
 2,073

Chapter 10: Those Who Pray, and Those Who Fight For Them

All ponies looked on, not sure what to say. Only Fluttershy had met Matsu prior to that, but all could see a wrath surpassing that of all the villains they had ever fought combined pouring out of him. And with just a word and a glance, no trace of that wrath was left. All that they could see was gentility and kindness. And it was all because of the boss.

It was all because of Kai.

Chrysalis was the only one who had expected it.

Lightning Dust interjected “Wait, Kai is the boss? I thought that Musica would have to be the boss. He’s a rockstar and has the conquerors disposition.

Twilight had thought that Soran was the boss, on the grounds that he was the one that organized the crew, and made promises on behalf of the whole crew. Twilight had to ask, “If you’re not the boss, how can you make promises for your whole crew?”

Soran thought that was obvious, “We have a code of conduct that we keep regardless of which world we are in. obviously we all have enough faith in each other that we will keep our word.”

Twilight now had another question, “Well then, why were you so compliant with us? In retrospect, you got the ship together almost immediately, once we let you. Why did you put up with us when you have the power to blow us all away?”

Soran was disappointed, “If you have to ask, then you don’t know us at all. This is your world. It’s just common courtesy that when you are a guest in someone’s house, that you play by their rules. You’re sentient beings; you deserve at least that much.”

Twilight felt bad for asking, “Sorry, I really didn’t mean it like that.”

Kai had managed to assure Matsu that everything was fine and now stood.

Kai spoke, “We have to find the Keyhole of this world as soon as possible. Every second we waste here that Ambassador gets that much closer to ruining this world. Does anybody, er anypony, have any idea where to start?”

Spike spoke, “Well for starters, if we include dragons referring to everyone will be way too hard. Can we start saying ‘anyone’ when referring to ponies, humans, or dragons?”

Everyone liked that idea and went with it.

Sol continued on his boss’s behalf, “Alright, that’s good, but I think I know the only pony who has a clue about the Keyhole.”

Everyone looked at Sol expectantly.

Sol met those expectations, “Celestia of course. From what I’ve gathered, she knew what humans where before we arrived. Jiminy’s old records indicate that there were a rare few powerful people in the worlds they visited that already knew about the Keyblades and the Omniverse beforehand. These people have powers similar to a Keeper. Celestia moves the sun. It’s still not quite at a Keeper’s level, but if there is anyone in this world that would have a clue; it’s Celestia.”

Applejack couldn’t quite believe that, “Moving the sun is ‘not quite at a Keeper’s Level’. Well then what in tarnation can a Keeper do? I though you said that level 100 was a strong as it got anymore.”

All humans turned to Kai. It was evident that they wanted the only one who had been a Keeper to explain it.

“Keeper’s get to go over the ‘level 100’ limit. But that isn’t their claim to fame. Celestia and Luna at full power are only at level 100, yet they control the heavens. They’re not ‘lifting’ the planets with strength; they are ‘bending’ the heaven to their will.

Keepers have infinite mana. Sometimes it’s called mana, chakra, Ki, but basically it’s magical stamina. That doesn’t mean they have infinite spiritual pressure. Compare it to having infinite stamina. Let’s say you can lift a one ton box and never, ever get tired, that doesn’t necessarily mean you can lift a two ton box, it just means you never tire out.

All magicians get power ‘from’ the world they live on, but Keepers ‘control’ the powers of the world they live on.

Thus, Keepers control heaven and earth, the nature of their world’s magic, as well as the flow of evolution and life.
In short the world is their sandbox and they can mold it into whatever they want. They have infinite mana, all possible magical abilities, eternal youth and semi-immortality.

Celestia has control over the sun and moon, and everlasting youth. Not quite as good as a Keeper, but close.”

The ponies just nodded, some more hesitantly than others. Rarity most of all was deep in though. So that was what Celestia had meant by these humans becoming their new masters. Even if they beat the Enforcers and got the Heart first, Kai would be the new Keeper of Equestria. Kai would control the sun and moon, nature, weather, magic, everything! The Alicorns would lose control of the sun and moon. The earth ponies would lose control over life and nature. The Pegasus would lose control over weather and seasons. And the unicorns would lose control over magic. Because Kai would control them all on a whim.

It was certainly an improvement over the alternative but, still.

Kai sighed, and his words sounded tired, “Look, I know you’re worried. This happens in every world we visit. But do I look like an almighty Keeper to you? I always appoint representatives to take the power on my behalf. I’ll become Keeper, appoint Celestia and Luna as my representatives, and let them keep the afore mentioned powers.”

Twilight scowled at Kai, “If you’re going to do all that, they why only appoint them? Why not just give them their world back?”

Kai summoned his Keyblade. It was the first time he had done so in this world.

Kai pointed to the Keyblade, “Because I have the Keyblade. Even if I ‘give’ the powers of the Keeper to the Alicorns, I can’t give this to them. And it’s the Keyblade that determines the Keeper, not the powers. I could take the powers back as long as I have this, so I can’t give ALL the power back even if I want to.”

The ponies weren’t sure how to take that. They could see Celestia’s point now.

Musica chimed in, “Don’t worry. In the event this loser abuses his power, I’ll beat’em up! And then I’ll be the boss.”

Rainbow eyed Musica suspiciously, “I thought you were the loyal one?”

Musica corrected, “I’m the honorable one. I’m loyal to what I believe is right, not to a person. I’m the most loyal to the crew, but the least loyal to the boss.”

Pinkie Pie spasmed and the crew all looked wary. Pinkie spoke “time to go!”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Everyone arrived on the deck of the ship. It was already night time, but the Pegasus had made such thick cloud cover that it would have been pitch black anyway.

Out of the blackness fell 6 Knight Class Enforcers, one to 'collect' each element of harmony.

Twilight gasped, “They must want to finish what they started.”

Rarity was panting, “What will we do? Sol and Luna could barely beat one! How will we…”

Santo fired of 6 energy blasts, and incinerated the 6 Knights before they could reach the ship. Everypony’s jaw dropped.

Santo relaxed again “I told you, Matsu and I are level 100, and the power you’ve seen from the others is nothing. They were hurt, tired, malnourished, and lost. All of us are at 100% now, so relax, we’ve got this.”

Spitfire flew onto the ship, only briefly (and gratefully) taking notice of the Knights’ ashes. She saluted, “We have covered the sky in thunderclouds as you requested Musica. This should produce enough electricity to power anything. Do you still want more?”

Musica automatically responded, “Of course, this isn’t nearly enough.”

Spitfire was shocked. This was enough to produce hundreds, maybe thousands of lightning bolts. She was much to self- disciplined to talk back though, “I’ll have them continue until we have added triple the current amount. We have backup from all over Equestria, we can get it done.”

Musica nodded, “You do your best to fuel me, and I’ll do my best to protect you. That’s all anyone can do anyway.”

Suddenly the moon went down and the sun rose to the center of the sky. The problem was that it wasn’t even close to morning time.

Everyone knew this, and wondered what the Princesses were doing.

Just as suddenly the moon also began to rise, without lowering the Sun first!

Twilight began one of her breakdowns, “What are they doing! You can’t have the sun AND the moon at the same time!”

Dea spoke, “You can, and it’s called an eclipse.”

All the ponies looked at her like she was crazy. They had never even heard the word ‘eclipse’ before.

Soran looked towards Canterlot, “We don’t need Sol’s fortune telling to tell us that the Enforcers got to the Princesses.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Minutes before, the two Princesses had been trying to reestablish order, and make plans for dealing with any possible action that the Enforcers could take next. They had not expected an Enforcer to walk right into their throne room. No alarm had been tripped, Nopony had even noticed. Only Luna wasn’t surprised, “They can’t be detected by our magic, and they move at least as fast as sound, hardly as surprise we didn’t notice this one until it was here.”

The Enforcer spoke in a more human voice than most of its kind, “If you know that much, you must also know that we are unbeatable. I have combed every inch of this planet with my scanners, and still there is no sign of the Keyhole. You two are both ‘Half-Keepers’, so you should know where the Keyhole is.

Celestia approached the monster, “I’ve had it with all of your kind! I don’t know where the Keyhole is either, but I won’t let you get it!

So as not to frighten my little ponies, I usually keep my power sealed away. After my defeat to Chrysalis, I decided to ‘re-awake’ my true power!”

All of Palace Canterlot shook with the power of the re-empowered Princess, “I was only at 1% before! You’ll pay now that I’m back at my prime!”

The Enforcer wasn’t impressed, “I supposed you should be commended for having powers like those of a level 100 standardized magician, but I can’t find it in my heart to care. Without Armament you can’t even damage a Pawn with that power of yours. Since you don’t know where the Keyhole is I won’t bother asking again.”

The Enforcer flashed by, grabbed Celestia’s head, pulled her over next to Luna, grabbed Luna’s head, and began mind control. The Ambassador spoke “Your memories may not contain what I want to know, but they may contain hints that I need to know to find out.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The palace ponies were now frantic! Celestia and Luna had been defeated effortlessly, and were now under the enemy’s total control. Some of the guard tried to attack the Ambassador, but it paid them no mind, and was unaffected by their attacks, others tried to grab the Princesses out of its grip and run, but they fell under its control as well just by contact with the two, and were made to retreat. But most just panicked or watched.

The Ambassador was reading both minds like books. Suddenly he stumbled upon something interesting. The Ambassador asked, “Why do you never create an eclipse?”

Celestia answered like a zombie, “An eclipse means the end of Equestria.”

The Ambassador took his hands off of the Princesses, but not his control over them, “Make an eclipse, right now.”

The Princesses complied. It took the moon about a minute to fall into place along with the sun. though controlled, Luna had never done this before, and had to proceed cautiously. Eventually, it was done. A perfect eclipse.

The only difference was that light shone THROUGH the moon. Not through all of it, just through a glasslike, keyhole shaped middle of the moon.

The ambassador laughed, “Very clever, hiding the Keyhole’s guidepost somewhere that nothing could ever find it. You even made it so that the glasslike element of your moon was completely unnoticeable. No, more than that, your moon ISN’T glasslike until an eclipse.

I’ll bet the world that if we go to where that keyhole-shaped light is pointing, we’ll find the Keyhole of this world.”

The Ambassador slung the two Princesses over his arms and jumped out a stained glass window, landing on his Swordbearer. The Swordbearer now flew of at twice the speed of sound towards the shaft of light coming out of the moon and descending into the Everfree Forest.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Pinkie was studying the lens-like middle of the moon, “Hu, can’t believe I never noticed that that the moon had a glass-filled donut hole in the middle of it, shaped like a keyhole, until just now.”

Kai spoke, “It doesn’t. What you’re seeing is the work of magic, not nature. Your moon will go back to normal when the Keyhole is found; even should the Princesses decide to make another eclipse.”

Pinkie noticed that everyone else was looked at the shaft of light as large as all of Everfree, shinning on the forest near Ponyville.

Applejack frowned, “Really? It’s been right outside town the whole time!”

Twilight defended, “Well, it was where the Princesses used to live. I don’t find it too surprising.”

Dea spoke seriously, “We’ve got to get over there before the Ambassador does.”

Other than the shaft of light breaking through them, the skies all around Ponyville were still covered in black storm clouds. Descending thorough that hole came thousands of Enforcer Dropships. Many of these were now headed straight for Ponyville!

Kai nonchalantly turned to Musica, “Musica, without cloud cover over Everfree, it would be best if you stayed here and protected the village along with the ponies. We’ll leave Gummi here as well to help you out.”

Kai now turned to Dea, “You should stay here too. Musica can’t handle them by himself. Matsu has to go where I go, I need Santo’s power and Sol’s knowledge, and only Soran can make us fly. This means that you two are our best bet for protecting the village.”

Dea responded hurriedly, “Sure whatever, but GO! Where kinda on a schedule here!”

All nodded. Soran touched up off the ship, and soon after Kai, Santo, Sol, and Matsu were floating by his side. Sol clapped his hands together and everyone present was ‘mind linked’ so that they communicate just by thinking about someone and talking as if that person (or pony) could hear you (and they would). Matsu’s fierce side came out, but it behaved when near the boss. Matsu and Santo got in front, due to them being the strongest. With all preparations complete the seven humans all looked at the oncoming force and all used their Conqueror’s Disposition (Haki) at the same time.

300 Enforcer Dropships fell out of flight! All the Pawns, Scouts, and Soldiers, in them ‘dead’. The Gladiators had not been affected though, and were now flying towards the village.

“We’ll take those out before we look for the Keyhole” Santo assured, “You two should easily be able to handle the next wave.”

Musica held his guitar as though tuning it and chanted; “Lightning Tuning.”

Hundreds of bolts of lightning struck him and he shown like the sun, “If you only leave a fleet, it’ll be too easy.”

That had been a friendly joke, and once it was said, the attack squad flew into battle.

Twilight wasn’t the sort to remain helpless, “Anypony who can, we’re making more electricity for Musica, however we can!”

Chrysalis was starring the opposite direction. It was as if she had heard or seen something that everyone, even the humans, had completely missed. She spoke to herself, “That power, it’s one I’ve not felt since…”

Chrysalis saluted to Musica, “Permission to take leave, Vice-Admiral Musica sir.”

Musica automatically answered, “Granted.”

Twilight wasn’t going to let the Changeling Queen go that easily, “NO! You can’t just let her…”

Dea calmed Twilight, “It’s fine, we can all read hearts. We know she has no ill intent, it will be fine.”

Twilight wanted to protest, but the Changeling Queen was gone, the humans didn’t care, and the Enforcers were gaining ground. “Fine” Twilight relinquished, “But those clouds are still going up!”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The attack team was flying through waves of incoming Gladiators. Santo and Matsu were rapid-firing pure magic bolts into the enemy, never once missing. The lesser warriors were picking of those that got past the two powerhouses, and otherwise being supportive however they could. The Gladiaotors were quickly depleted, but a new wave of 200 Dropships descended, and a plague of all flying Enforcers descended upon them. They had already used up the Conqueror’s Haki, so there was no easy way left to beat them all at once.

Sol then noticed that the Ambassador Class Enforcer had used the bedlam to his advantage and snuck into the ruins of the old palace of the Princesses.

Sol telepathically spoke into everyone’s minds, alerting them of the plan instantly.

“Kai, Santo, and Matsu need to follow the Ambassador. The others will meet up with Musica again, and go on full counter-offensive against everything else.”

Soran disagreed, “If we send our two tanks and our healer away from the battle we’ll be overwhelmed here.”

But Sol insisted, “And if the Ambassador wins, we all lose. We need our best fighters to go against him, and Kai is a given since only he has a keyblade. But the rest of us will be useless down there, and invaluable up here. Get it?”

All agreed and Soran literally dropped the three remaining attack team members off at the castle. Soran gave a worried look that any brother would have, and shot back towards Ponyville, tearing up Dropships on the way.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Back at base camp, everypony was doing their best to make electricity for Musica. Earth ponies were carting water to the Pegasus, the Pegasus were making clouds (they didn’t need to carry the water to Cloudsdale first since they were using them for power rather than whether), and the unicorns were helping Twilight use magic to amplify and the lighting producing abilities of the clouds.

Musica was obliterating the waves of Enforcers (including Gladiators) that got that far effortlessly, but it was costing him a lot of energy. Musica could have drawn more power from the Gummi Ship, but the ship was using that power to put up a barrier around Ponyville, as well as automatically shooting down any Enforcer it could, all while donating Musica half the energy he needed.

Although most of the cost of his ‘songs’ was paid in lightning, some magic so also required, and that’s what Dea was providing. She couldn’t fly without Soran, and wasn’t as good at long range combat as Musica, so it was all they could do.

Twilight used the power Sol had left to speak directly to Musica, “We’re doing our best, but the earth ponies just can’t get THAT much water to the Pegasus, the Pegasus can’t make that many clouds even with water, and our magic is helping only by 20%. We’ll never beat them all this way!”

Dea answered because Musica was much too busy to respond, “That’s fine, the Calvary is here!”

Sure enough, Soran and Sol had made it back to the ship. Soran allowed Dea to fly, and the three shot back into the Enforcers destroying them by the thousands.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`


The Ambassador and his puppets made their way down through the seemingly never-ending spiral staircase towards the Keyhole. Just like in Sombra’s castle, there was a stairwell that only appeared when the right type of magic shown upon it, and this staircase only revealed itself when the eclipse shown on it. They entered into a large chamber, filled with pillars holding up the roof. There were 100 Pillars per row, and 100 rows. Each pillar was a meter radius, made of Diamond, and 5 meters apart from each other. It should have been pitch black, but the ceiling was enchanted to shine like eclipse light, making the room very well lit but not bright. The ceiling was two stories tall, and the Stairs they had descended by put them out in the dead center of the room.

The Ambassador could sense that the humans were getting to close for comfort. It got down on one knee and appeared to be praying. “Enforcer technique: Prayer to a Devil” it chanted, and the room grew dark and eerie. Senza’s voice could be heard echoing throughout the room, “What is it?”

The Ambassador remained in prayer, “My Emperor, the rebels are fast approaching. I will not be able to take them all. Yet I have a plan. Let me use these ponies to fight, and they will be slowed down enough.”

Senza hesitated, “I have a better idea. Release them.”

Enforcers never question or talk back. The two Princesses regained their sense of what was going on.

Senza spoke in an amused tone, “First, we’ll preoccupy the little one. Then we’ll turn the big one into an ally. A Celestia version of Nightmare Moon if you will.”

Both Princesses screamed, “WHAT!” and Luna felt the same as she had when the Enforcers had stunned her last time. Celestia fell semiconscious and shook like she was having a bad dream.

Senza tried to speak as he laughed, “The younger one fell to her jealousy, and where one is jealous there is usually another filled with pride.”

Senza spoke like he was whispering in Celestia’s ear, “Celestia dear, bad men are on their way to steal your world. Your little ponies will reduced to nothing more than pack mules. We can’t have that can we? Don’t think about the Enforcers, don’t even consider them. All you need to think about is destroying the bad men.”

Celestia howled like a monster. Her mane turned to scorching fires, her eyes shining white hot like the sun.

Luna tried to speak, but no words would come. She was being restrained by some invisible force.

That force continued to speak, “Well that takes care of one of them, but maybe a little sabotage on the side would be a lot of fun. Luna dearest, go to Ponyville and tell them that the black rain is poisonous.

Oh and by the way; I told you so. I win everything eventually. Even though I let you go, see how easily you were defeated again? That’s my absolute confidence proving that it’s justified!”

Luna could hear Senza’s fingers snap, and she was teleported into the throne room of the ruins. There she saw Kai, Matsu, and Santo. Before they could speak Luna did, “You have to help! They corrupted Celestia, are nearly at the Keyhole, and Senza said something about black rain being poisonous.”

Matsu gasped, “WHAT! Senza is sending black rain! Unless I feed them the antidote, even our own crew will die from it in less than an hour!”

Kai put his hand on Matsu, “Matsu, your berserk right now, but I still trust you. Promise me Matsu, promise me you will save everyone, not hurt them.”

Matsu looked conflicted, “I promise… I promise… to… try.”

Kai ran towards the stairs, “Then I have faith in you Matsu.”

Matsu glared at Luna, “Well then pony don’t just sit there, Fly!”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Back in Ponyville, things were as hectic as ever. No matter how easy to beat the Enforcers were for them, each ship had a thousand Soldiers, a hundred Pawns and Scouts, and a Gladiator. And there were hundreds more ships.

Most importantly, the Mothership had dropped into view, and was spraying out thick black clouds which immediately began to rain. The rain felt oily, and though it was so faint that a bloodhound could barely smell it, it smelled like rotting leaves. And it was jet black.

Rainbow telepathically asked, “Can’t you do that trick where you make all the ships fall down just by looking at them again?”

Dea shook her head, “No it doesn’t work that way. They don’t fall because we look at them, they fall because we cast the Conquerors Haki, but we can’t do that again for a while, not on any noteworthy scale.”

Matsu flew in riding Luna, and both now stood on the ship. Matsu told Musica to use sound manipulation, and Sol to use mind manipulation to make sure his speech reached all under the rain. Matsu ordered, “Alright weaklings listen up, that black rain is poisonous! Even just breathing the air around here will definitely kill ya. I’m going to cook you the antidote right now, and you’re going to have to make sure that anything you don’t want to die eats it! Don’t worry, berserk me can cook 10 times more than peaceful me. I should have more than enough by the hour. Don’t do anything to speed up your heart rate until then!”

Well of course, telling someone that they are going to die unless the calm down, is about the worst way to calm someone down.

It was raining poison, and there was another wave of Enforcer Dropships on the way. Things weren’t looking too good.

At least it wasn’t raining over Everfree, they would never be able to feed everything in it also.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`


Meanwhile, Kai and Santo descended into the palace to put an end to the struggle once and for all, and Chrysalis was elsewhere getting ever closer to the life-force that she knew she had felt before.